Curious about the ages of ppl who are withdrawing.

[An...]

I’m a very active and young at heart 70 year old. This has been the hardest thing I have ever done, but it has taught me the most profound lessons!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [or...]

• [An...]

• [de...]

• [Sa...]

62 next week.  Not how I pictured my slide into retirement.  Feels like I'm stabilizing so I'm praying for a smooth taper from here

• 8 months later...
Thought I would bring this thread back since we have so many new members.  Over 50 definitely out numbered the younger people 6 months ago.  Where we at today?  I turned 58 during this unfortunate experience.

on valium 2.5mg for 5 days before fast taper to 0.6mg finished in 10 months with the most brutal wd bedridden since day 5 on v, still the same now 7.5 months off.

Been on lexapro 9 yrs for headache prior valium including 4.5yrs taper.

Interesting post!

51, feeling older suppose like most of us.

Prescribed Benzo without warning like most of us…

Many SXs, wondering why, blaming other meds, stress, life events … like most of us?

Slow and silent deterioration due to a low (docs said that, even today) but harmfull dose of 0.5 mg Klonopin during 9 years

Now on 025mg... very hard to reach but determined. Rereading The Ashton manual and success Stories they help me to undestand SXs

Annoying of docs that still underestimate and reject the damage of this drugs. It would be very helpful if they could help us too.

THANKS to all of you and BenzoBuddies to help us to open our eyes!!

(Sorry for my English  lol)

I’m 70, started tapering at 68. I jumped almost ten months ago.

I’m still suffering from a lot of symptoms. It’s been very hard, several doctors, if not all, think I should be on antidepressants, but I find it impossible to pop a pill.

Some days are better than others.

Hang in there.

I'm 58. Started tapering in late December after over 6 years of daily .50 milligram clonazepam. I'd taken this before, as well as Ativan, but never for this many years straight.

43 - clonazepam 15+ years,

various z drugs for various amounts of time the 18 years prior... Cold turkey'd off all except the current which I'm slow tapering.