Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Curious about the ages of ppl who are withdrawing.

[An...]

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [or...]

• [An...]

• [de...]

• [Sa...]

I'm 69 and 8 1/2 years off benzos. 

I feel coming off benzos, while the most challenging thing I've ever done, was the best decision I've made for my future health and happiness.

PG  :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...

Just turned 40 last October right before the shit hit the fan and I took z-drugs and then benzos for panic and insomnia. Biggest mistake of my life! Valium was a good choice to switch to for my taper though, as trying to taper with clonazepam was a horrible experience. Almost there!

Can you tell me what exactly is indica cannabis oil?

Is that cbd oil?

[dd...]
Probably not CBD oil, but since there are no uniform labelling guidelines you'd want to look at the label carefully to be sure.

Although it's not an exact science I would think that those of us who are younger will heal quicker.. Anyone else think so?

I'm 53. I was on 2 and a half mgs of Xanax per day as prescribed for over 14 years. I've tried to taper before but never made it far without bad side effects. Finally the drug just stopped working for me and I'm at the halfway point in my taper at 1.25. withdrawals have been rough but I'm determined to get off this awful stuff. Too many years wasted. Good luck to everyone here!

• 4 weeks later...

I was 68 when I started cutting down, it took me a year to jump and this was a year ago. I still have withdrawl symptoms. This is the hardest thing I’ve ever done, but I’m glad I did.

Good luck to all.

🌸

I’m 26. Don’t see many people as young as me on here 🤨

but youre here and have a lot more time to enjoy life! i was around your age when i was introduced to benzos. hang in there champ

55-years-old:

23 or 24 years on benzos - 16 on xanax and about 8 years on Klonopin.  Originally labeled with panic disorder, but they have tried over 25 different psych drugs on me as well, for the depression caused by the benzos.  Desperate to get off.

62 and tapering from 25 years of alprazolam (xanax) to sleep.

What a blessing this thread is.  You can see that a whole generation of us got caught in this trap, and it is inspiring to see how many broke free.  I needed this.