Curious about the ages of ppl who are withdrawing.

[An...]

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [or...]

• [An...]

• [de...]

• [Sa...]

A rather mature crew!  57yrs and c/t.  Hope to salvage all the years I can.  Not looking in the rear view mirror. (Or any mirror for that matter.  I earned every one of those wrinkles...more like creases.  w/d is just another battle scar!)  You guys are the best!

I love this. Personally I have been pretty vain and upset over how much this has aged me. I stopped getting Botox for fear  that it would cause a bad reaction during withdrawals. I now see the wrinkles.  I first wanted to hide but this experience has truly changed me forever. I’m hoping that when i am fully healed I will appreciate life in a new way and embrace my wrinkles as I too have earned mine.

I’m 57 years old. We (as a group) are certainly older than I expected!

Mark

Mark, I was surprised as well! But hey, there's strength in numbers, right?  :thumbsup:

Wishing all successful tapers and complete healing!

Fondly,

Lori

67.  Looked 10 years younger, now about 20 years older.

Been on them about 35 years... luckily not hi doses but having horrible time.

31 been using benzos since 16

Wow, I am amazed at the ppl under age 18 who are put on these drugs. I think I was about age 25 when I was 1st put on them.

Are these drugs (benzos) given to really small children? Does anyone know?

Welchie:

And I found a great cure for wrinkles!!!  I take my glasses off...

:2funny:

I have to try that!

Katz

I guess there are older people here who were put on benzo's in the '60's and 70's when they were given out like tic tacs. 

Dee

Yup, Dee, that was the case.  Unfortunately, was kept being prescribed them, too.

Kind of wondering if I upped back to 1/4 klon or something would it work and would be better to stay on?  That's a hard one. (assuming it worked)

I will  be 74 in 3 weeks.    Think I am the oldest, unless I am proven wrong. Prescribed Valium last year, and not given any advice, except that on my low dose, of 3-4mgs I would not become addicted and keep taking it.  I stupidly trusted the Doctor. Down to 1.85mgs  today.