Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Curious about the ages of ppl who are withdrawing.

[An...]

64.  Still young enough to heal.  Still have to work.  Want to be free.  I’m doing ok.  Clonazepam down to .125 once a day.  Light at the end of the tunnel. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [or...]

• [An...]

• [de...]

• [Sa...]

66 in May and have years to go. Suzuka9.  No choice, had to come off as body tolerates at every dose. Going super slow due to other health issues.

I am 31. So young!  :'(

I'm in the process of tapering off Valium, down from 7.5 to 5mg. Taken for a year and one month daily. I wish I had never touched these evil pills.

I'm not going to toot my horn too much, but this is my backstory:

It was actually a last straw decision, due to relentless leg and finger spasms that would pop up randomly (especially during the extreme heat, I'm from Australia) and I had one in my vehicle one day. They looked exactly like Jacksonian Marches. I thought I would have a bad car accident having one of these spasms, so naturally I went to the doctor and started on benzos. That's how my Hell tale began.

Before that, I was a superman. I was so active, gym four days a week, doing HIIT and boxing, working night shifts, going great. Now all that has been stripped from me. I'm probably not going to get this Dave back again, and I accept that, but to have some quality of life and work a part-time job would mean the world to me.

I am unemployed, but look after my mother as a full-time Carer. She has mild cerebral palsy and suffers terrible pain with osteoarthritis. My father has bad scoliosis and also takes benzos for his pain, although he takes a heck of a lot more than what I do unfortunately. Neither parent finished school. I have a degree of scoliosis too, and have low-level Autism. So it's really a triple whammy. I was working at a fast food chain for a decade, and did well at the role until I got too old for the job.

I wised up to benzos and their effects while I was doing a CBT course with my psychologist. I started writing journals, and I suddenly realised I was feeling awful.

That's when I found BB ❤.

Dave.

Aw, Dave. ❤️🌿 I think you will get yourself back. Glad you shared.

:'( Thank you so much mon pilote, you and the other Benzo Buddies are my angels! I would be lost without all of you!  :hug:

Dave.

Aw, Dave. ❤️🌿 I think you will get yourself back. Glad you shared.

:'( Thank you so much mon pilote, you and the other Benzo Buddies are my angels! I would be lost without all of you!  :hug:

Dave.

You are welcome. I feel the same way. :hug:

I am 69 end have been on 1-1/2 mg Clonazepam for almost 2 yrs.  Hoping to start taper when I see my psychiatrist in 2 weeks.

I, too, think you will get "Dave" back again, Dave!!! You are young so you have plenty of years post-healing. I'm rooting for you all the way.  :smitten:

I'm in the process of tapering off Valium, down from 7.5 to 5mg. Taken for a year and one month daily. I wish I had never touched these evil pills.

It was actually a last straw decision, due to relentless leg and finger spasms that would pop up randomly (especially during the extreme heat, I'm from Australia) and I had one in my vehicle one day. They looked exactly like Jacksonian Marches. I thought I would have a bad car accident having one of these spasms, so naturally I went to the doctor and started on benzos. That's how my Hell tale began.

Before that, I was a superman. I was so active, gym four days a week, doing HIIT and boxing, working night shifts, going great. Now all that has been stripped from me. I'm probably not going to get this Dave back again, and I accept that, but to have some quality of life and work a part-time job would mean the world to me.

I am unemployed, but look after my mother as a full-time Carer. She has mild cerebral palsy and suffers terrible pain with osteoarthritis. My father has bad scoliosis and also takes benzos for his pain, although he takes a heck of a lot more than what I do unfortunately. Neither parent finished school. I have a degree of scoliosis too, and have low-level Autism. So it's really a triple whammy. I was working at a fast food chain for a decade, and did well at the role until I got too old for the job.

I wised up to benzos and their effects while I was doing a CBT course with my psychologist. I started writing journals, and I suddenly realised I was feeling awful.

Dave.

I, too, think you will get "Dave" back again, Dave!!! You are young so you have plenty of years post-healing. I'm rooting for you all the way.  :smitten:

Dave.

Thank you twitchtarantula! 😊

Dave.

46. Never been one to take meds of any kind, and now I've lost months of my life to this hell due to ignorance. How many more until I'm healed???

:) I am mid 60's and I have to say that I am glad I am doing this low and slow. 2 years tapering last week. I have a little to go but habe successfully navigated down from 40 m to 3.23 mg of Valium. Hang in there!

60 and will tapering into my third year. At this point i cannot really say there is a big effort to go slow,since the drug and my body are making the choice for me. But a lot of my taper I have indeed gone slow and I am signed up to the strategy

64, 65 in April.

Determined to get off this stuff, but realizing it’s going to take longer than I thought at first. Big surprise, I know. Several big life events have made it necessary to go slowly the past 2 months. Not sure if that will change or be the norm.

Just turned 40 last October right before the shit hit the fan and I took z-drugs and then benzos for panic and insomnia. Biggest mistake of my life! Valium was a good choice to switch to for my taper though, as trying to taper with clonazepam was a horrible experience. Almost there!