Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Well that is the 60,000 dollar question because it seems impossible to even know who is going to stick around and continue to manufacture or not. Interesting the Klonopin...I pay out of pocket for that and it's $98 a month-I get it through PillPak on line (an amazon company). I went to brand K and the extra expense because I figured it might be the only one that won't go away...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[3c...]

Some people are able to switch generics easier than others...I went from Sandoz to brand K and it was a tough 2-3 months but eventually adjusted. I did not have a lot of Sandoz left so had to switch in about a month-so my suggestion would be to do a super slow switch-like take 2-3 months if you need to. it is maddening that big pharma is doing all this stopping and changing of generics because it is turning some peoples decent slow tapers into a nightmare :-(

Thank you for answering..but my question is which one to switch to since actavis isnt going to be around anymore and I have already switched my whole noon dose to that but still take my old tevas in the morning and at night. I am not on a low dose like alot of people i am still at 2.62mgs.

I am so glad that even tho you had a rough couple of months that you have adjusted..i called when all of this started and thought about going to brand k but here in florida where i am at a months worth would be over 600.00 my insurance wont cover it..and not sure what my doc could write in stating i needed as prescribed since they can see for 30 something yrs i have been taking generic.

thanks again and hope to hear more

deep :)

I personally would pay for the brand name Klonopin and find a way to switch to that if I were you, if you can afford it. I can't switch to brand name because my CNS is way too sensitized from being so low and having such a life threatening taper, so I can only handle the old Teva. I have a couple days of old Teva left and then I'll be forced to take the new teva even though it barely keeps me alive.

Since actavis will be discontinued, only the new teva will be available when that happens so you will have access to it within the next month or so if you want to try it.

[3c...]

hey yall  :)

well i'm on these dumb ACCORD clonazepam generics still. but that's what they had and so that's what i got. lol

at this point, i've decided, to just use whatever they have and continue to DLMT off the damn stuff.

yes, the switching back n forth whenever they go to some other generic is stressful, but my taper/s are stressful to a degree anyways, regardless of if everything is hunky dory in my life, or my diet is perfect (it is, aside from once a week sour cream n flour tortillas on vegetarian fajita night) or whether my personal life is calm, or any other elements that make up the "stability soup" mix. so i'l just accept the temporary spikes in sxs from generic switches as they come, like i accept the temporary waves and teporary windows during my taper/s, as they come. my body doesn't care what the changes are, it hates ALL of the changes equally. it hates changes in dosing times, it hates changes in diet, it hates changes in weather, it hates changes in noise levels, it hates changes in light/heat levels, it hates changes in the positon i sleep or the type of mattress i sleep on, it  hates changes in rate of taper, it hates frikkn everything.

so i've come to terms with accepting the boring routine is good. and try staying in the sweet spot when i find something that works, like i've been eating a boring routine of only a few foods that my body remains stable on, so the "boring" = stability = good. it took a lot of trials..and a lot of errors... but it's working. so i also accept that whenever i indulge in my vice of CADO (nondairy avocado lemon flavor) ice cream, i will enjoy it's creamy delicious lemony sweetness but i will pay the price with ramped up sxs for a couple days from that much cane sugar. it's a trade-off. but now i don't complain when i do it, cause i accept the terms.

haha I ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THE CADO!!!

and similarly, i accept the terms of the generics.  i can't afford topay for brand name Klonopin lol. so i accept the terms, that i'll have some ramped up sxs when the pharmacy switches to another brand generic, and i'll use that to motivate me to keep on keepin on with my taper off the crap.

no judgement to those who continue to fight against the discrepancy between API in the pills. i been there and i totally understand. but for myself, i have found peace in acceptance of the generics' terms.

Same here, everything you said. I have to stay within very strict regimens with everything I do because I have lost the ability to physiologically adapt. I cannot accept it though. At 35 years old, I need to be doing things with my life, not living in a bubble. I was so close to getting the hell off this drug until the new Teva actually ruined my life. That's what upsets me the most. I was almost there, almost able to get my piano business back, almost able to give up all of my useless doctors, almost about to let my husband go back to work, almost able to go hiking again, be with my family again, be a normal person.. Only a couple more months, and I would have been off. That's when my taper would have ended. I only needed 60 more old Teva and I would have been free and able to heal. I'm so devastated and so is my husband.

hey yall  :)

well i'm on these dumb ACCORD clonazepam generics still. but that's what they had and so that's what i got. lol

at this point, i've decided, to just use whatever they have and continue to DLMT off the damn stuff.

yes, the switching back n forth whenever they go to some other generic is stressful, but my taper/s are stressful to a degree anyways, regardless of if everything is hunky dory in my life, or my diet is perfect (it is, aside from once a week sour cream n flour tortillas on vegetarian fajita night) or whether my personal life is calm, or any other elements that make up the "stability soup" mix. so i'l just accept the temporary spikes in sxs from generic switches as they come, like i accept the temporary waves and teporary windows during my taper/s, as they come. my body doesn't care what the changes are, it hates ALL of the changes equally. it hates changes in dosing times, it hates changes in diet, it hates changes in weather, it hates changes in noise levels, it hates changes in light/heat levels, it hates changes in the positon i sleep or the type of mattress i sleep on, it  hates changes in rate of taper, it hates frikkn everything.

so i've come to terms with accepting the boring routine is good. and try staying in the sweet spot when i find something that works, like i've been eating a boring routine of only a few foods that my body remains stable on, so the "boring" = stability = good. it took a lot of trials..and a lot of errors... but it's working. so i also accept that whenever i indulge in my vice of CADO (nondairy avocado lemon flavor) ice cream, i will enjoy it's creamy delicious lemony sweetness but i will pay the price with ramped up sxs for a couple days from that much cane sugar. it's a trade-off. but now i don't complain when i do it, cause i accept the terms.

haha I ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THE CADO!!!

and similarly, i accept the terms of the generics.  i can't afford topay for brand name Klonopin lol. so i accept the terms, that i'll have some ramped up sxs when the pharmacy switches to another brand generic, and i'll use that to motivate me to keep on keepin on with my taper off the crap.

no judgement to those who continue to fight against the discrepancy between API in the pills. i been there and i totally understand. but for myself, i have found peace in acceptance of the generics' terms.

Same here, everything you said. I have to stay within very strict regimens with everything I do because I have lost the ability to physiologically adapt. I cannot accept it though. At 35 years old, I need to be doing things with my life, not living in a bubble. I was so close to getting the hell off this drug until the new Teva actually ruined my life. That's what upsets me the most. I was almost there, almost able to get my piano business back, almost able to give up all of my useless doctors, almost about to let my husband go back to work, almost able to go hiking again, be with my family again, be a normal person.. Only a couple more months, and I would have been off. That's when my taper would have ended. I only needed 60 more old Teva and I would have been free and able to heal. I'm so devastated and so is my husband.

hey grrl

yep i get it.  totally.  acceptance is very hard.

so i fought to have control...over many things in my life, but this drug tapering withdrawl recovery healing process thing...the most.  i fought it so hard, over the timing, the amounts,the duration, the validation and the lack of it, the desire for revenge, compensation fromthe prescribers who dealt me this stuff, i fought for control over all of it. maybe because i had lost or givenup control or had it taken from me against my will...for so long.

but then it began to happen.

it came on slowly, quietly, very "anti-climactically"-

...this feeling of...not, "giving in" per se...not exactly "admitting defeat, losing" or..somehow "letting it win", no, not like that at all,

rather a quiet and resolute sense of, "okay. this is not in my control anymore. it never actually was. and it is not in my control from here on out. i cannot make this go the way i want it to. okay. so be it. i will accept it on its own terms. however long it takes, i accept it. the goal hasn't changed but i no longer fight the process or the timing/duration. because it wouldn't change the outcome if i fought it, it would just leave me frustrated. so i choose to accept  it on its own terms."

and ever since, i have had a more peaceful time with the sxs as the waves come and then the short windows, and more waves again. it is less upsetting than when i was fighting it. not sure exactly what brought this change on. maybe something to do with diet? or drinking nothing but distilled water? hell i dunno. but the struggle has become less..well, less of a struggle!

hope your piano comes home to you soon.

Hi everyone,

I have been taking this new teva for about 2 wks. I am trembling and having anxiety that is nor normal. Dropping thing everywere. I feel as if i missed my dose. I felt like i was getting better too and i understood my sx. Is anyone adjusting to this. Maybe im having a mormal wave. I dont know anymore.  Any thoughts?

[3c...]

Hi everyone,

I have been taking this new teva for about 2 wks. I am trembling and having anxiety that is nor normal. Dropping thing everywere. I feel as if i missed my dose. I felt like i was getting better too and i understood my sx. Is anyone adjusting to this. Maybe im having a mormal wave. I dont know anymore.  Any thoughts?

Same thing is happening to me. I'm a nervous wreck, sweating, can't talk, nauseous, scared. I'm going through acute withdrawal from the old Teva.

Thats how I feel. It is so dam.scary. I cant believe this chemical anxiety. I really hope we ajust. Im sweating too. Its cold out and im sweating. I dont know what we should do. I feel like am going backwards. I dont understand why we would be so sensitive like this. I am going crazy too. I just want to get on with life.

[3c...]
Also it takes about two weeks to hit so that sounds about right. It's about three weeks for me and I'm getting really bad, worse.

Yes! I remember I felt ok at first. Nauseous and muscle stuff.  Then Ive been noticing the trembling starting. Over the last week. Now I feel like I ctd or something. I can barely type. I dont know if we hold, taper and see if it gets better. What is in this pill. Im to embarrass ed to go out I look like a drug addict.

[3c...]

Thats how I feel. It is so dam.scary. I cant believe this chemical anxiety. I really hope we ajust. Im sweating too. Its cold out and im sweating. I dont know what we should do. I feel like am going backwards. I dont understand why we would be so sensitive like this. I am going crazy too. I just want to get on with life.

I switched to the .5mg Teva because the 1mg ones were becoming intolerable. I gave it plenty of time. I'm taking the .5mg and am not getting that awful heavy sedation feeling but I'm still going into acute withdrawal. I'm going backwards, too. I was so much better before I had to convert to the new, clearly inferior, ineffective version.

[3c...]

Yes! I remember I felt ok at first. Nauseous and muscle stuff.  Then Ive been noticing the trembling starting. Over the last week. Now I feel like I ctd or something. I can barely type. I dont know if we hold, taper and see if it gets better. What is in this pill. Im to embarrass ed to go out I look like a drug addict.

Yup. I'm getting the tremors, shakes, can't swallow food. I'm trying to updose to see if it helps but it isn't. The cold turkey feeling began after one week and then really hit two weeks later. I look like a drug addict too because I'm all contorted and unable to move, speech is shaky, tremors and chills. I had to sit in a hospital parking lot today until I took my old Teva pill and it calmed me down. I don't have many rescue doses left.....I anticipate being hospitalized when I run out.

I wish I had .5s.This is rediculous. We just have to sit here and suffer. I was feeling better too. Not perfect but better.  Maybe it is going to take longer. Its so new it is hard to tell.  Noone had been on longer than us that I know of. Why did they do this. I hate drugs.  Never again.

I feel the same way Clara. Tremors, shaky, cant think at all. Nervous. I am so sorry you were in the hsp parking lot. I have done that too. I hate going there. Noone believes you. Then you get sent home. Maybe we just have to breath through it.  Distract. I hate this drug addict feeling. We will get thru this somehow. We have to be strong to have made it as far as we have so far.

[3c...]
Have you tried updosing? I already have but I'm going to keep updosing because I can't figure out what else to do. I'm going to have to double my dose today or something. I have no idea. I don't want to do to the hospital.

I havent troed updosing yet. still yrembl8ng. This sucks..  i wouldnt keep updosing. Maybe we should put a post on tje bosrd and see if anyone answers. I notice alot nobody replies. We need to stay calm. So we can think rationally. Do you want me to ppst on tjw msin bpsrd. Nobody answers me so I know g ave a complex. Just do some deep btesthing. And maybe lsy foen and relax. See if your body calms down. Its going to be ok

Make sure you get food into you somehow. Have your husband make you a smoothie. You feel worse when you don't eat.  Makes anxiety  worse.

[3c...]

I havent troed updosing yet. still yrembl8ng. This sucks..  i wouldnt keep updosing. Maybe we should put a post on tje bosrd and see if anyone answers. I notice alot nobody replies. We need to stay calm. So we can think rationally. Do you want me to ppst on tjw msin bpsrd. Nobody answers me so I know g ave a complex. Just do some deep btesthing. And maybe lsy foen and relax. See if your body calms down. Its going to be ok

I never get responses there or on the Facebook groups either. There's nothing anyone can do to save us from this. For me, it's not a mental thing, it's very physical, like actual nervous system malfunction, throat closure, brain shut downs, limb paralysis, etc. My husband is with me all day and he doesn't even know what to do and he's seen my decline over the past four years to becoming non functional and in emergency mode. We were waiting 6 months for that Teva release and we were so happy the first day we went to pick it up because we knew that if it was the same medicine, that I could finish my taper. The first night I took it, I know it was different immediately but I was hoping it was a different that I could get used to. My husband is getting so stressed out about this Teva problem that he's actually drinking every night until he passes out because he gave up a great career to dedicate his life to my taper and now there is no end in sight. I'm losing him. He is losing me, all because of this ridiculous pill, of which I was down to basically taking a crumb of.

[3c...]

Make sure you get food into you somehow. Have your husband make you a smoothie. You feel worse when you don't eat.  Makes anxiety  worse.

Thanks for the advice. You're very sweet. It took me two hours to eat a turkey wrap because of the swallowing problems this new pill is giving me. But you're right, fasting during this is a really bad thing to do. We get adrenal fatigue and need to eat snacks to keep the adrenals going.

Oh Clara,

I am so sorry. This takes such a toll on relationships. My bf is getting very frustrated with this whole thing too. He barely talks to me either.  I feel like I am losing him too. That also adds extra stress on us and makes wd worse. I feel so guilty fo putting him thru this. It really is not our fault though. We have no control over this. We had no idea a drug could do this. Especially, if it was pres by a dr. I feel like i have to rush of the drug because mt bf cant take it anymore. It sucks,  because we cant. I am sure he loves you very much. He is probably frustrated because he wants to help and cant. I understand. It is a very lonely scary place. We are going to make it through this. Make sure toy are dring water and maybe you could have some soup. Anyrhing you can get down. It helps. Without good you get more panicky.

I agree, it is physical. You can absolutely tell. Your nervous sx is so off. It is not in our heads.  I have had anxiety my whole life. This is no normal anxiety.

Clara-I am really upset for you and for us all..and I’m hoping brand name K will help...I have found that the quality of the odt pills are a bit better-I know they are crumbly but you could do a water taper?

And, as I’ve said before to get off old Tevas and have a baby 8 years ago my good psychiatrist gave me pindolol (an old bloood pressure Med) to help with sweating and shaking. He was in NYC and trained at Johns Hopkins and worked at Columbia—I trusted his judgment. 2 more weeks on old TEva then I have to take the plunge to something else-it’s gonna be ugly!

Deep- if you go on the tevagenerics.com website they are still showing 2mg Actavis in production...I bet there is a lot of Actavis floating around-why don’t you stock up for the next 2 refills and taper with both TEva and Acatvis? Anyone doing well on brand name K?

I switched from Sandoz to brand K last spring...I took a month to switch-it was rough...and it took at least another month or 2 to get stable. I held for about 3 months and then tried to do a rapid taper last month (so stupid since I had previously been doing so well on a slow steady taper)...anyway....right now I am suffering bad-even after updosing...so just waiting to get stable again. What I have noticed about K is that it was more sedative and gave me wd sx I had not had on Sandoz....namely bad dizziness...but I was so afraid of generics that I wanted to switch to something that had a higher chance of not being discontinued...