Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

[4e...]
Bigglesworth, I understand you needing to leave to focus on your switch! Your input and analysis will be missed! Let us know how it goes.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let everyone know I have been on 0.5mg of the new teva and they work just fine no different from before at least for me I have been on it for five days now and no issues

[4e...]

Just to let everyone know I have been on 0.5mg of the new teva and they work just fine no different from before at least for me I have been on it for five days now and no issues

That's awesome and good to know. Maybe I can eventually get used to it, too . I think im having problems because I'm really low on my taper and my body was used to a very specific Teva pill and my body rejects all change of any sort. If I was on a higher dose and not currently tapering, it probably wouldn't have caused so many problems for me. I used to switch brands easily before I had a long arduous taper and got so low. I do know that the new 1mg are completely different than the new .5mg. The 1mg causes severe weakness and heaviness whereas the .5mg gives me hyperexcitability and muscle tightness. Also there are more 1mg complaints so maybe the 1mg is different considering it's not even scored. Thanks for letting everyone know. Ill be curious to hear more feedback from more people about the. 5mg

Thanks for weighing in you guys! All of the switching is so hard as my dose keeps changing depending on what brand I’m on....maybe I’ll try new TEva after all. Please keep posting you’re reactions- they are sooo helpful!!! :)

[4e...]

Thanks for weighing in you guys! All of the switching is so hard as my dose keeps changing depending on what brand I’m on....maybe I’ll try new TEva after all. Please keep posting you’re reactions- they are sooo helpful!!! :)

Same thing is happening to me -- I had a pretty steady taper and was down to .31mg and now all of this Teva stuff is causing me to updose and take my doses erratically. I can't get used to the new teva and it's putting me in acute withdrawal and causing an emergency situation for me. I'm going to try brand name in a couple of days. But yeah, you should try it and post your reaction. I would rather people say it works than it doesn't. I just wish I could figure out why it's different for me. 

Clara,

I feel much better today. Some different muscle stuff. I feel pretry much the same as before i started. Very sleepy though like someone just gave me sleeping powder or something. M sybe thst the gabapentin. It comes and goes.

Dehydq2–r u taking new Tevas? I took TEva/Barr odt and was sedated for days...on old Tevas I would feel mildly sedated when I updosed but it would dissipate...your thoughts on new Tevas?

Hi Trinident,

I have been taking the new teva for five days. I felt nauseas  and ntsin fog and just mi interest  in anything. I feel better today.  I think it works better than the yellow activis i was on. I feel less wd sx. I think i might be getting used to it. Every once in a while i feel slighty dizzy and tired and then it goes away. I nevet had the original . Definately different.  :o

Clara....same thing happened to me...I was down to .16 on Sandoz...doing really well...then Sandoz went away and I have had a horrible time adjusting to brand Klonopin...(I tried Activas and that was not good-but in hindsight I don't think as bad as the K has been). I, too, have now updosed to .3 and am so sad....plus I went and tried to make a giant cut early last month and put myself into the worst tailspin I have ever had and 2 weeks later I am still pretty sick....ugh...am thinking of moving to valium but am so scared right now to do anything-feel horribly stuck....

Are any of you guys having muscle pain. I had it before and it wsd going away! Now it is in the top of my legs above my hips. I did some excercises. This is rediculous.

[4e...]

Clara....same thing happened to me...I was down to .16 on Sandoz...doing really well...then Sandoz went away and I have had a horrible time adjusting to brand Klonopin...(I tried Activas and that was not good-but in hindsight I don't think as bad as the K has been). I, too, have now updosed to .3 and am so sad....plus I went and tried to make a giant cut early last month and put myself into the worst tailspin I have ever had and 2 weeks later I am still pretty sick....ugh...am thinking of moving to valium but am so scared right now to do anything-feel horribly stuck....

I know your agony. I spent the entire summer going from .38mg of Klonopin to .31mg and i was Bedridden the entire time. Because of this medication problem, I'm up to .40mg and might even have to increase it more. It is devastating. If I was as low as you were, though, I would have jumped. I know you probably have to remain functional which is why you're doing an extremely slow taper, but do you ever regret not jumping at that low dose rather than dealing with this chaos? If I could cold turkey right now and survive it, I would, but my body is so dependent on klonopin that my whole system would shut down if I stopped.

Guys I def think .5 mg new Tevas are different from 1mg new Tevas and I haven’t even tried them. The pills on the tevagenerics website for 1mg look very different from the few 1mg pills I have left overs TEva used to be so consistent across strengths...what is going on? I’m not even tapering, just tying to hold steady at 1mg TEva at this point but it makes sense that it’s been so hard...the pills don’t even look the same...

[4e...]

Guys I def think .5 mg new Tevas are different from 1mg new Tevas and I haven’t even tried them. The pills on the tevagenerics website for 1mg look very different from the few 1mg pills I have left overs TEva used to be so consistent across strengths...what is going on? I’m not even tapering, just tying to hold steady at 1mg TEva at this point but it makes sense that it’s been so hard...the pills don’t even look the same...

They are significantly different, not just physically but chemically. The old 1mg Teva is so different and that's been confirmed by many people already. Once they go back and take the old Teva, they feel much better. Are you taking the old ones right now? I use them to rescue me from these new pills when it gets so bad I can't take it anymore. I only have 4 days left of the old Teva to rescue me. I let my husband try one of the new 1mg tevas and he said it was the worst feeling he has ever felt, and he used to take the old Tevas. He told me, "these are poison. You need to get off as soon as possible". My husband is someone who can cold turkey no problem and he's done it many times. I'm so jealous of him. He has an extremely strong nervous system. So when he says these new ones are bad, I trust him. I've been crying all night because I don't want to be on this crap anymore.

[4e...]
Oh and yes, huge difference between the new .5mg and the new 1mg. It's crazy. I actually can't pick which poison to take because I have both of them but they work in different ways. Do you have a link to what you are looking at on the Teva site?

Hi Clara- I have like 20mg old tevas left which I’m using to take at work. Im petrified when they run out and am vetting other brands. So far Par odt is ok but I have to take 2.5mg Par to get the same effect for sleep/anxiety as I do for 1mg TEva.

My pharmacist knows I’m obsessed with TEva and they couldn’t get the new ones, so to her credit she gave me TEva (Barr) odt and I took 2mg which was way too strong and I swear I felt it for 5 days in my system. My next step is to try less TEva (Barr) odt and pray it works.

Brand name K was ok but I also had to updose significantly, it costs $100 per month which I probably can afford but all of my past notes on it indicated I didn’t like it. On brand, I had to go to 3 mg to get any effect but finally did.

Here is the website: tevagenerics.com-for some

reason I don’t know how to hyperlink-tell

Me what u think- and what is the difference between the .5 and 1mg Czech Tevas?

[4e...]

Hi Clara- I have like 20mg old tevas left which I’m using to take at work. Im petrified when they run out and am vetting other brands. So far Par odt is ok but I have to take 2.5mg Par to get the same effect for sleep/anxiety as I do for 1mg TEva.

My pharmacist knows I’m obsessed with TEva and they couldn’t get the new ones, so to her credit she gave me TEva (Barr) odt and I took 2mg which was way too strong and I swear I felt it for 5 days in my system. My next step is to try less TEva (Barr) odt and pray it works.

Brand name K was ok but I also had to updose significantly, it costs $100 per month which I probably can afford but all of my past notes on it indicated I didn’t like it. On brand, I had to go to 3 mg to get any effect but finally did.

Here is the website: tevagenerics.com-for some

reason I don’t know how to hyperlink-tell

Me what u think- and what is the difference between the .5 and 1mg Czech Tevas?

So sorry I never answered your last question! There is a huge difference between the .5mg and 1mg tevas. The .5mg has a excitatory effect on my system and the 1mg has a heavily sedating and weakening effect. Most of the complaints I hear are about the 1mg but I'm still not seeing as much feedback as I thought by now. Are you using the old 1mg or .5mg? I've been complaining every day to Teva about the 1mg in particular. It's really awful. It's put me in acute withdrawal and I'm having nervous system shut downs every night that are terrifying.

Has anyone else tried these yet?

Good morning Buddies,,

Havent posted in awhile and have read back about 20 pages..and I just went to my CVS yesterday to see about the new 1mg tevas..I have been doing a slow change over to actavis..and the only difference i seen from taken my noon dose all actavis and my morning and evening dose my old tevas was it doesnt seem to be quite as strong. But then I was cutting it at the same time as i was changing over..I was doing a dry micro taper of like  .001gms off my dose every 4 days. I am at 2.62mgs of k..down from 4mgs in 2014..long story.

But now they told me at CVS that they can try and order in the new teva 1mg tabs but cant until the 19th because thats when my insurance will allow payment..they also told me there was only 10 bottles available in all the US..I asked how many were in a bottle and the lady said 100..but they said they had accord and i told them no thanks if they cant get it to just let me get my script back and I would just get the actavis at the other pharmacy i have been using.

I cant believe what everyone is saying about the new teva and now i am wondering should i just go and get my script and get my actavis and continue on just doing my slow switch over? Or do you think that they will stop making the actavis since its the same company that makes teva brand.

I am terrified to say the least due to the fact i have been on k for 38 yrs and I am now 60..and not willing to get stuck and sick like i did in 2016 and end up at 90lbs and in a wheelchair. 

My doctor understands and has always wrote me enough teva to last me a month for 4mgs even tho i was down to 1.75mgs before i got sick and had to updose to 2.75 to pull out. So i have about 9 months worth put in a dark place with no moisture so i am sure they are just as strong as always they are just now starting to go out of date.

I guess my question is do i try the new teva 1mgs,  or keep crossing over to actavis, or do i try and get my doc to write me enough ,5mgs which would look dumb on a script i would think..as i would need it wrote for 260tabs a month ..i think they would question why not write it for 120 1mg tabs.

So i am on the fence post on what avenue to take as i dont have a problem switching all to actavis over the next 9 months and seeing if my body adjusts to it going that slow as i see most of you switched just from 1 month to the next to get on the other brands.

I have never taken any other drugs and I dont take anything now but the K.

Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks and prayers for everyone on these horrible drugs and that we can all find a way off

Hugs

deep

Hi Deepcanyon,

I was forced to switch to actavis and it was awful for a few days.  I also agree that it is less potent and not as long acting as teva.  But, if I were you I would just stay on the actavis brand.  I adjusted and am also a long term Klonopin user.  I am down to .08 now and feeling very good considering.  I think switching back and forth causes us unnecessary stress both mentally and physiologically.  After seeing that the new teva is different, it makes me realize we need to just take this into our own hands and gradually taper what we have.  Waiting for the good teva isn’t going to happen.  I’m sorry we’re all in this situation.  But, I was able to stabilize on actavis and have had a considerably smooth taper and I’m nearly done.  Best wishes!

[4e...]
Actavis won't be on the shelves much longer because Teva is no longer stocking it and they own actavis. Why would you stay on a brand that is going away?

I didn’t know they were going away, but that’s the point.  I would stop holding and start reducing on whatever stash I have because we don’t know what will happen to all of these brands.  I had enough to do a proper taper Thankfully.

hey yall  :)

well i'm on these dumb ACCORD clonazepam generics still. but that's what they had and so that's what i got. lol

at this point, i've decided, to just use whatever they have and continue to DLMT off the damn stuff.

yes, the switching back n forth whenever they go to some other generic is stressful, but my taper/s are stressful to a degree anyways, regardless of if everything is hunky dory in my life, or my diet is perfect (it is, aside from once a week sour cream n flour tortillas on vegetarian fajita night) or whether my personal life is calm, or any other elements that make up the "stability soup" mix. so i'l just accept the temporary spikes in sxs from generic switches as they come, like i accept the temporary waves and teporary windows during my taper/s, as they come. my body doesn't care what the changes are, it hates ALL of the changes equally. it hates changes in dosing times, it hates changes in diet, it hates changes in weather, it hates changes in noise levels, it hates changes in light/heat levels, it hates changes in the positon i sleep or the type of mattress i sleep on, it  hates changes in rate of taper, it hates frikkn everything.

so i've come to terms with accepting the boring routine is good. and try staying in the sweet spot when i find something that works, like i've been eating a boring routine of only a few foods that my body remains stable on, so the "boring" = stability = good. it took a lot of trials..and a lot of errors... but it's working. so i also accept that whenever i indulge in my vice of CADO (nondairy avocado lemon flavor) ice cream, i will enjoy it's creamy delicious lemony sweetness but i will pay the price with ramped up sxs for a couple days from that much cane sugar. it's a trade-off. but now i don't complain when i do it, cause i accept the terms.

haha I ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THE CADO!!!

and similarly, i accept the terms of the generics.  i can't afford topay for brand name Klonopin lol. so i accept the terms, that i'll have some ramped up sxs when the pharmacy switches to another brand generic, and i'll use that to motivate me to keep on keepin on with my taper off the crap.

no judgement to those who continue to fight against the discrepancy between API in the pills. i been there and i totally understand. but for myself, i have found peace in acceptance of the generics' terms.

[4e...]
Deepcanyon, don't switch over to actavis, not unless you have a huge stash to last through your taper. It's not being manufactured anymore.

ClaraBrahms...has the manu said for a fact they will not have 2 brands of generic out there? I know that sounds dumb..but I have switched my noon dose to actavis already..and still take the old teva for my morning and night dose.

I am still on a high dose 2.62mgs a day of k..and havent really been tapering at all and my family doesnt want me to as it almost killed me last time..so i am on the fence of what to do..I have about 9 months of stash of the old teva..not anywhere near enough for like a 5 yr or longer taper that it would take me to get off of this.

With that being said I am not sure what to do as cvs says theres not but a few bottles available of the new teva to even order and i am the first person to ask for it ..and no one else has complained once they switched over a yr ago to accord which i have not tried.

They looked at me like i was crazy..

So with that being said i am not sure what to do I hadnt been here to read in a bit so didnt know all of this was going on so when i went to my primary on monday i wasnt able to talk to him and i dont have to go back to see him for 2 months. so i feel like i am stuck with no where to turn.

I am hoping others chime in also..i dont belong to the place where you have been reading about the different brands. I only belong here and 2 groups on facebook but i stopped reading there a long time ago..i do much better not reading then reading so much bad. I am 99 percent fine and have no effects to speak of being on the k...thats the problem if i am not sick from being on it and function and have a life then why would i even consider what i see so many of you going through???

I hope to figure out something soon..

thanks for getting back to me and letting me know there wont be actavis to go to..then i guess i will have to do  a slow switch over to teva with the old teva that i have whatever i decide i need to do it so that i have months to make the changeover

deep

Some people are able to switch generics easier than others...I went from Sandoz to brand K and it was a tough 2-3 months but eventually adjusted. I did not have a lot of Sandoz left so had to switch in about a month-so my suggestion would be to do a super slow switch-like take 2-3 months if you need to. it is maddening that big pharma is doing all this stopping and changing of generics because it is turning some peoples decent slow tapers into a nightmare :-(

Some people are able to switch generics easier than others...I went from Sandoz to brand K and it was a tough 2-3 months but eventually adjusted. I did not have a lot of Sandoz left so had to switch in about a month-so my suggestion would be to do a super slow switch-like take 2-3 months if you need to. it is maddening that big pharma is doing all this stopping and changing of generics because it is turning some peoples decent slow tapers into a nightmare :-(

Thank you for answering..but my question is which one to switch to since actavis isnt going to be around anymore and I have already switched my whole noon dose to that but still take my old tevas in the morning and at night. I am not on a low dose like alot of people i am still at 2.62mgs.

I am so glad that even tho you had a rough couple of months that you have adjusted..i called when all of this started and thought about going to brand k but here in florida where i am at a months worth would be over 600.00 my insurance wont cover it..and not sure what my doc could write in stating i needed as prescribed since they can see for 30 something yrs i have been taking generic.

thanks again and hope to hear more

deep :)