Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Hi ddjohn,

I am sorry tlyou are struggling. This new teva makes me tremble and sweat . I think i was on activis. I did not.like that much either but i felt like i was improving. Then.bam i get the teva. My legs cramp worse. Just crappy.  Well thats good news tjat yoy adjustef. I have been on close to 3 weeks. Ugh

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Dehyd2q-omg I am so sorry to hear new TEva is so bad and I haven’t even tried it yet! It’s getting mixed reviews on drugs.com forums-they really screwed up a good thing-awful. How long are you going to stay on new teva? I’m guessing they have a bunch of Actavis still floating around for what it’s worth. I personally liked old TEva way better than brand name K. I feel like we all got addicted and then dumped. So lame.

Hi Trinident,

At first I thought it was ok. Then i started getting some weird micle cramping. I had it on the activis but is was getting better. I was so anxios  and trembling and sweating.  I feel better now. It was bad this morning. Maybe  I just need more time to adjust. Im agraid if i switch back what will happen then. Maybe you will ne ok. I think my system us teally sensitive because of drs taking me off and lowering my dose too fast l. My god! What is wrong with those ppl! I can def feel a difference between the activis and tjis teva. Why did they even have to change everything in the dirst place. I will be glad when we are done with this.

Yeah...I would say try and ride it out on new stuff and try to avoid anymore switching. I think once you get your CNS riled up, it just takes time to calm itself....so if you tried to go back now when you are not in the best shape it may just be worse. last spring when I tried to switch to Activas first and it was really bad after a week or so, Ihad enough Sandoz to switch back...and even though I was good on the Sandoz...switching back was no miracle cure as I felt crappy all the way up to then switching over to brand K....so for me, trying to Activas, messing up my system, then going back to Sandoz for a month, and then switching over to K might be part of the reason it took months to adjust to the K. It's criminal enough they got us physically dependent on these drugs....but now discontinuing brands on us is just evil. It's like we are barely getting through our tapers as it is....and then to have to suffer a disruption is just so disheartening. As I said before, I was all the way down to .16 and now I am back up to .35...makes an already endless process seem even more hopeless. That being said....I know it will end one day and we will all get better....so for now I am just trying to get back to a decent baseline and move slow and steady and hope and pray for no more switches. Dr and I have talked about switching to valium, but I am so afraid to do anything different at this point...

Hi ddjohn,

Thank you! I am going to wait it out snd get to some kind of baseline. I think the body maybe it is hard on the body to kerp swapping. I really stinks we have to feal with this. Like you said, its bad even as it is. I know it really makes me sick tjat drs ptescribe these drugs. Then they take you off and put you into a living hell and they look at you like your crazy ehen you yell them ehat is happening . Now the generics. Man. I hope you feel better smd stabslize to a tolerable place soon.

I ess feeling hopeless too. We will be ok. We will get off this crap snd feel like humans again.  :)

Hey buddies,

Just thought i would check in and I see no one has posted on this thread for a few days. I picked up my first script of the new teva monday night. When i do my next set of doses i will start to slowly add it in.

I am probably going to add it like 1/4 of my 1 dose every week so it will take me about 12 weeks to totally be over to the new teva I am thinking if you do it slow enough just like your taper your body will adjust as you are switching over..the same thing i did with the actavis..i switched it 1/4 of my noon dose over a period of time and my body didnt really do anything with doing it that way.

I am wondering if some are having problems because they are doing a direct change over from 1 day to another and they are really sensitive to change.

Hope we get this figured out and we can get back to not worrying about brand changes.

deep

Hey buddies,

Just thought i would check in and I see no one has posted on this thread for a few days. I picked up my first script of the new teva monday night. When i do my next set of doses i will start to slowly add it in.

I am probably going to add it like 1/4 of my 1 dose every week so it will take me about 12 weeks to totally be over to the new teva I am thinking if you do it slow enough just like your taper your body will adjust as you are switching over..the same thing i did with the actavis..i switched it 1/4 of my noon dose over a period of time and my body didnt really do anything with doing it that way.

I am wondering if some are having problems because they are doing a direct change over from 1 day to another and they are really sensitive to change.

Hope we get this figured out and we can get back to not worrying about brand changes.

deep

Hi Deep,

I got mine on Sunday and took a 1mg that night along with some old Teva and a new batch of DLMT.

I got to sleep very easily, but woke up and kept waking up throughout the night. I do agree that it might be best to a very gradual switchover to the new. I do think our bodies need to acclimate and it takes time and patience.

Thanks for letting us know that you got yours. I guess it is starting to hit the pharmacies now.

Also, I have been on the 2mg for quite some time and that might have explained the disrupted sleep.

I wanted to weigh in on the .5 mg new Teva, which I have been on fully for over a week now.  So far, so good.  No new symptoms, though the .5 seems to kick in a bit faster than the Actavis.  I like it better than the Actavis .5 so far.

Thought I'd add a data point to all the experiences out there (and I'm sorry to hear of anybody having a bad experience!)  Just wanted also to note that the .5 is not manufactured in Czech. like the 1s.  Hoping that this helps somebody!

Hey guys...almost there it of old TEva and have tried all generics which suck. How is everyone doing on name brand Klonopin by Roche. I would love everyone’s feedback on Roche vs old Tevas. Thanks so much!

Hi everyone,

I cannot believe changing from activis.to new teva could be so different.  I would have crossed over slow. I had no idea. I.picked up my.prescription and they were green. I have more anxiety and sweating and the the strange musle cramps.  The cramps come snd go. Man. I hope you guys are adjusting. I just cant stand this irrational anxiety. Im not even thinking if anything.to.make me this way. I guess its just being revved up. I dont know. Now im anxios that.im anxious. I really hate benzos.

[07...]

Hi everyone,

I cannot believe changing from activis.to new teva could be so different.  I would have crossed over slow. I had no idea. I.picked up my.prescription and they were green. I have more anxiety and sweating and the the strange musle cramps.  The cramps come snd go. Man. I hope you guys are adjusting. I just cant stand this irrational anxiety. Im not even thinking if anything.to.make me this way. I guess its just being revved up. I dont know. Now im anxios that.im anxious. I really hate benzos.

I have been almost completely unable to move or eat since switching to the new 1mg teva. My entire muscular system is slowly shutting down.

Hi everyone,

I have been almost completely unable to move or eat since switching to the new 1mg teva. My entire muscular system is slowly shutting down.

I am so sorry Clara.  I have been hoping you would post, only with better news.  :(.  LY, Mary

Just jumping on for a few moments..I got hit with a bad chest cold and have been sick for over a week now cant seem to stop the coughing and  stuffiness feel like i have been hit by a truck.

I am doing my doses up with the new 1 mg, teva now but i am going to do a really slow change over taking months to do it..since i am on like 2.75mg.  dry cut and weigh.. I am only going to start on my noon dose that weighs .115gms and switch out 1/4 of it with the new..and every 2 weeks will change out another 1/4...then when i do the other 2 doses both 1mgs i will change them out the same weigh so i am thinking 6 months for the slow change over..and i am hoping with such a small change my body will adjust as i go..

but if i feel any problems with just the 1/4 change this first time i will let you guys know..I am hoping this is the way to adjust but who knows

Hang in there everyone and I hope and pray this all levels out soon.

deep

Deep,

I think that is a good idea. I really felt a difference when I switched. I dont know if this is more potent or less potent than ativis. The activis wasn't all that great either.  I wish i had a chwnce to try yhe old teva. My pills were always yellow.  I hope you feel better. I cannot imagine having a cold right now. Hope it passes soon. Take your time crossing over. Feel better!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone on here not had a problem with switching to a new generic? I just got a letter from my insurance co they will no longer cover brand--so I will need to go back on whatever generic my CVS in my area has as of mid-January. I do have a small stockpile so can do a somewhat slow switchover but I am really concerned. I am in a very long hold (1 year +) but trying to hold onto my small reduction in K from my 1 mg to .75 mg. I am waiting to taper until my son goes to college in Sept. 2021 but really don't want to be thrown into a bad place. I continue to have quite a bit of life stress and some days barely hanging on ... although most days ok. Want to keep those good days.

Hello, NJstrength.  It’s good to “see” you!  I hope your new job is going well.

You are not alone in facing a switch from brand Klonopin to a generic due to a change in insurance. I asked my pdoc to write a DAW1 for the “new” (original formulation) of the Teva 0.5mg tabs (NDC 00093-0832-05).  I will pick up my first fill in a few days and will let you know how it goes.

Hello, NJstrength.  It’s good to “see” you!  I hope your new job is going well.

You are not alone in facing a switch from brand Klonopin to a generic due to a change in insurance. I asked my pdoc to write a DAW1 for the “new” (original formulation) of the Teva 0.5mg tabs (NDC 00093-0832-05).  I will pick up my first fill in a few days and will let you know how it goes.

Libertas, new job is going well. Glad to have it. It has helped me manage my stress better working out of the house instead of going to work. I am just concerned about the change with all I have read here--please keep me posted!

Libertas-How is the new 1mh TEva? I’m about to have my doc write a DAW for new TEva as well but afraid to try it.

Can anyone tell me their experience with new TEva vs orally disintegrating tablets (ODT)? I’m on a high dose of Par ODT now but loved old TEva. Has anyone taken ODT and can they tell me if the ODT version is better or worse than new TEva? Thanks all!

Trinabent:  I am trying a switch to the 0.5mg new/original formulation Teva not the 1mg.  I have used both the Teva/Barr and the Par/Endo ODTs with no issues (other than I didn’t like the taste of the Teva ODTs or the fact that they have almost 3 times the aspartame of the Par ODTs).

Libertas-thanks so much for your reply!!! I can’t tell if I should leave well enough alone and stay on ODTs (TEva/Barr and Par) or try new TEva 1mg.

Will you please post how you feel about new TEva .5 and if/how they differ from old TEva and whether or not you think ODTs are superior?

Thanks-you’re a lifesaver and good luck!!!

NJStrength, Trinabent, and other readers ... wish me luck.

I picked up the 0.5mg Teva clonazepam today.  I double-checked the NDC code and it was correct. The tablets look exactly like the ones I used to take.  I even smelled them (how weird is that?) - no discernible odor. 

Hope it goes well Libertas! I really hope they are the same.  It is strange that they would make the 1 mg and .5 different. Let us know how it goes. The 1 mg switch from activis was kind of rougj. My muscle pain changed and got worse. All the other sx of the switch are gone.

Thank you so much for your good wishes, Dehytq2!  I’m sorry to learn about your muscle pain but delighted to learn that your other Sx from the switch have subsided.  My experience is that, given clonazepam’s relatively long-half life, it can take a while for our bodies to adjust to changes.

Based on what I’ve read here and elsewhere, I wonder if the first “wave” of 1mg tablets may have been manufactured someplace other than Israel?  According to the drug label at DailyMed, 1mg tablets with the NDC of 0093-0833 are manufactured in Israel for Teva USA.  Here’s the description:

Clonazepam tablets USP 1 mg are available as mottled green, round, flat beveled, single-scored tablets debossed "833" above the scored line and "TEVA" on the unscored side. Packaged in bottles of 100 (NDC 0093-0833-01) with a child-resistant closure, in bottles of 500 (NDC 0093-0833-05) and 1000 (NDC 0093-0833-10).

I bolded “single-scored” because, again based on what I’ve read, the first “wave” of 1mg tablets were not scored. 

Thanks libertas!

So are the scored and unscored the same. I have to check mine. I hope thete are little difference between the two or i am going to be all over the place. I would ask my.pysch dor the .5 but she doesnt even believe im in wd and she gets angry. Ugh