Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Hi Septgirl,

I def noticed a difference. I was on activis too. I am now on teva 1 mg. For about 1 month I would say. I felt sick for a while and shaky.  My mucsle pain got really bad. Sweating

I was devastated. Howver, I think I am starting to adjust. My muscle pain seems to be getting  better and not as shaky. So I will probably stick with it. I dont think I could take another change at this point. I cant believe how sensitive we are. Maybe just give it mote time holding and see what happens. I know it sucks. People have daid the .5 teva are better. Maybe someone else will chime in with more knowlegde about it. I hope you get some relief soon.  Love dd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Septgirl,

I def noticed a difference. I was on activis too. I am now on teva 1 mg. For about 1 month I would say. I felt sick for a while and shaky.  My mucsle pain got really bad. Sweating

I was devastated. Howver, I think I am starting to adjust. My muscle pain seems to be getting  better and not as shaky. So I will probably stick with it. I dont think I could take another change at this point. I cant believe how sensitive we are. Maybe just give it mote time holding and see what happens. I know it sucks. People have daid the .5 teva are better. Maybe someone else will chime in with more knowlegde about it. I hope you get some relief soon.  Love dd

Hi dd...

I spoke with the pharmacist this morning.  I told her what was gong on.  The technician told me there wasn’t Actavis.  Not so.  The pharmacist swapped out the remaining Teva  tabs I had and replaced them with Actavis.  Really hoping it improves nausea. 

If the nausea would just stop or even lighten up, this taper would be so much better.  Constant nausea and sleep deprivation are killer.

Hoping for a quick rebound.

SG

💜

SeptGirl:  I am sorry you are experiencing distress, but heartened to learn you have been able to obtain more of the Actavis.  Am I understanding correctly that you have recently discontinued Xanax/alprazalom plus have made a relatively large percentage reduction in your total daily dose of clonazepam in a relatively brief period?  If so, I wonder if those factors might also be contributing to your distress?

Dehytq2: I am sorry you are still having issues with the 1mg tablets, but heartened to learn that you are adjusting to them.

Update for other readers:  I have been taking the Teva 0.5mg “original formulation” tablets for over a week now. No issues to report.

SeptGirl:  I am sorry you are experiencing distress, but heartened to learn you have been able to obtain more of the Actavis.  Am I understanding correctly that you have recently discontinued Xanax/alprazalom plus have made a relatively large percentage reduction in your total daily dose of clonazepam in a relatively brief period?  If so, I wonder if those factors might also be contributing to your distress?

Dehytq2: I am sorry you are still having issues with the 1mg tablets, but heartened to learn that you are adjusting to them.

Update for other readers:  I have been taking the Teva 0.5mg “original formulation” tablets for over a week now. No issues to report.

Hi Libertas...

I did stop alprazolam 48 days ago after more than a year tapering.  I may have been a bit over aggressive with the clonazepam taper.  I’m down close to 30% since about mid September.  Nausea has been a constant since before I began tapering.  That was one of many reasons I decided to get off this crap.

I’ve checked into the Long Hold group and for now, I’m holding at .72mg/day (three equally divided doses).

I’m really hoping the longer I’m off alprazolam and now back on Actavis, things will improve.  Eliminating nausea would go a long way toward my recovery. 

I’m glad Teva is working well for you.  It’s what our bodies get used to I suppose. 

SG

💜

That is great SG!!

I hope the nausea goes away. I.thought teva bought activis. I am not sure. Making the switch for me was hard. I nevet had teva before.

Feel better,

Dd

That is great SG!!

I hope the nausea goes away. I.thought teva bought activis. I am not sure. Making the switch for me was hard. I nevet had teva before.

Feel better,

Dd

:thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup:

SG

💜

Ok-so seeking any and all that have pertinent info on the new .5 Teva....are they original or different than what I hear the 1mg is?

I am taking Klonopin right now (switched from Sandoz last spring and it was tough)….but am tired of paying $100 a month and I started on Teva and I swear I always felt better (best) on that brand...Klonopin has always made me feel pretty unstable....thanks!!!

Ok-so seeking any and all that have pertinent info on the new .5 Teva....are they original or different than what I hear the 1mg is?

I am taking Klonopin right now (switched from Sandoz last spring and it was tough)….but am tired of paying $100 a month and I started on Teva and I swear I always felt better (best) on that brand...Klonopin has always made me feel pretty unstable....thanks!!!

Hi ddjohn3,

I started on Actavis a year ago.  We’re all different...some more sensitive to med changes than others.  I kept putting off my ever increasing symptoms to recent surgery and fast tapering but it just became more extreme. 

I read 0.5mg Teva are more like the old version than 1mg tabs.  What’s good for some may not be good for others. I never anticipated any issues but it happened.  I’m just glad I was able to get Actavis again.

I hope you do well on Teva and save yourself some cash.  :thumbsup:

SG

💜

POSTED ON WITHDRAWAL SUPPORT BOARD TOO:

My last prescription for clonazepam 0.5mg was filled with a different generic  I was on Actavis since starting this poison.  It was changed to Teva and I took it for a bit more than two weeks.  I’ve been nauseated every day since before my taper began.  It got worse when the generic changed.

Two days ago I did start back on Actavis and holding my dose trying to stabilize. I thought things would improve.  Yesterday wasn’t horrible but today is really bad.  I’m thinking maybe I WAS getting used to Teva and now I’m back on Actavis and I’m very symptomatic again. 

When will this nightmare end?? Nothing improves the nausea.  It starts with early morning wake up between 3 and 4 o’clock and it’s relentless.  Before the switch, I seemed to improve ever so slightly as the day wore on.  Not today.  Nothing helps...Zofran, hydroxyzine, Gaviscon, Tums...zip!

I’m forcing myself to eat.  I’m drinking plenty of water.

I never thought a year ago when I was so sick on Thanksgiving I would still be here a year later.

I’m so sick of being sick.

Hi Sg,

I was switched from avtivis to teva 1 mg k. I def felt the switch. That was about a month ago. I am adjusting but i swaet now my muscles are a mess. They were before becuz of idiot drs switching and co wrong. Long story. I had nausea for about a week. only thing that helped was ginger ale. It went away but I still feel awful. Not really liking it.  I hated the activis also. I figure i will stay on the dam teva l. I dont.think they will be making it activis anymore. I think.if we just hold we will stabilize. That is what i am hoping for.  I hate this too. Tired of feeling like hell. everyday. I am so sorry.you are feeling.so bad.  :smitten:

@[De...]

Thanks.  It’s so tiresome.  The pharmacist didn’t say Actavis was bring d/c.  She told me to let them know when my next prescription is due that it should be filled with Actavis. I can’t take much more of this nausea.

Sugar revs me up, but I will sip on some ginger ale.

Thanks for getting back to me. I really appreciate it!  :smitten:

SG

💜

If you can get diet Ginger ale. Maybe some saltines. Sugar revs me too. I did here that about activis. Maybe I am wrong. I hope so. I am sick of this too,.no human should have to suffer the way we did.  :-[

I’ll just sip on some.  I won’t be drinking too much. I can’t eat saltines...I stopped eating gluten almost a year ago.

We shouldn’t have to suffer.  I don’t understand why there isn’t something to alleviate the symptoms during withdrawal. So many drugs to get us here but none to get us off the shit with minimal symptoms.

SG

I dont get it either. They should not be presc these things. They dont have a clue how to taper, they dont believe you when you when tell them your in wd and they screw us up worse and then treat us like shit. The whole thing makes me sick. Thrn they say dont read the internet. What are we supposed to do!!  :tickedoff:

My doctor has no clue about tapering either.  I told him I was on here and using DLMT.

Just writing scripts so I can get off this shit. I wish it didn’t take so long and be so painful.

:-[

SG

💜

POSTED ON WITHDRAWAL SUPPORT BOARD TOO:

My last prescription for clonazepam 0.5mg was filled with a different generic  I was on Actavis since starting this poison.  It was changed to Teva and I took it for a bit more than two weeks.  I’ve been nauseated every day since before my taper began.  It got worse when the generic changed.

Two days ago I did start back on Actavis and holding my dose trying to stabilize. I thought things would improve.  Yesterday wasn’t horrible but today is really bad.  I’m thinking maybe I WAS getting used to Teva and now I’m back on Actavis and I’m very symptomatic again. 

When will this nightmare end?? Nothing improves the nausea.  It starts with early morning wake up between 3 and 4 o’clock and it’s relentless.  Before the switch, I seemed to improve ever so slightly as the day wore on.  Not today.  Nothing helps...Zofran, hydroxyzine, Gaviscon, Tums...zip!

I’m forcing myself to eat.  I’m drinking plenty of water.

I never thought a year ago when I was so sick on Thanksgiving I would still be here a year later.

I’m so sick of being sick.

I stopped my taper due to unrelenting nausea.

Have you tried compazine or CBD oil. Mirtazapine can also help with night-time nausea. I use medical marijuana when it is bad, but obviously that is not for everyone.

It's a terrible symptom. I am sorry that you are going through this.

@[NJ...]

I’ve tried compazine, CBD and medical marijuana tincture, I took Zofran today.  Useless.  I’ll try compazine again.  I’m on mirtazapine.  I’m going to increase my night time dose tonight.  I’m holding my taper until I stabilize.

Thanks for your kind words.  :smitten:

SG

💜

@NJstrength...

I’ve tried compazine, CBD and medical marijuana tincture, I took Zofran today.  Useless.  I’ll try compazine again.  I’m on mirtazapine.  I’m going to increase my night time dose tonight.  I’m holding my taper until I stabilize.

Thanks for your kind words.  :smitten:

SG

💜

I agree that zofran is useless. I know my gastro said that nausea is a very common withdrawal symptom. It's hard to get through.

Did you get jittery taking compazine? I think that’s why I don’t take it.  If I remember, it made me “twitchy” too.

That’s the last thing I need.  I have promethazine I haven’t taken for awhile but that’s an antihistamine not unlike hydroxyzine that I’ve been taking the last few days.  Maybe that’s a better option?

SG

💜

Compazine actually makes me feel stupid. And it never helped me enough. I could take it and then still throw up. Have not used prometheziane. Have you tried ginger? It does help me a little.

I have ginger caps and ginger tea.  Very minimal relief.  I just took 25mg promethazine. I definitely recall compazine making me jittery.

Hopefully I’ll get some relief!

You’ve been very helpful and thoughtful helping me with this.  I appreciate your input. :smitten:

SG

💜

[b6...]

Hi everyone. Curious as to whether anyone who formerly used 0.5mg Tevas and got cut off tried the "rereleased" ones, and if so what's your take on them? I'm having problems with Accord - they make me way too tired without actually alleviating anxiety (tried Actavis and Solco too for about a month  - both put me in an acute withdrawal while Accord didn't) Anyways, this past year and a half has been terrible - I was almost off till the switch - and I'd love to hear how the new tevas compare from people who were on them.

Thanks so much :smitten: