Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Well, hello Momof7babes. What a treat to hear from you!  And how kind of you to stop by to share the tip about adding a little bit of water to Teva tablets to “jump start” the disintegration process.  It just so happens I was re-watching a video from Crazy Canuck last night. He completed a milk taper using brandname Klonopin tablets. Part way through his taper, he discovered that adding a little bit of water helped (see link below).  Thank you again for sharing the tip and for your best wishes.  I hope all is going well with your taper.  Gratefully yours, Libertas

Benzo Detox - Top 10 Questions Answered

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called my CVS earlier and they have in stock the Tevas .5 mg , so I will fill that tomorrow and begin transitioning to that from brand name. I hope it goes okay.

Hello, NJStrength.  How wonderful to hear from you!  Thank you for the update. I hope your transition from brand to Teva 0.5mg is both swift and smooth.  Libertas

Well, I am in the same boat as some others here.  My insurance will no longer cover brand name.  It looks like the new Teva's are the only option that might be ok for me.  Accord and Solco do not work right for me.  I have a terrible time just trying to be stable, so I haven't even started to taper yet. 

I know it's a very individual response we have to these meds and brand changes.  It makes it pretty much impossible to tell how I will do with this change.  Just have to do it I guess.

I will just say I hope everyone using the new TEVA's for awhile now is doing ok or well on the way to stabilizing.

I just started swapping out .25 of my .75 mg dose two days ago from Brand to Teva. I think I am sleeping worse, it's hard to tell because I go through cycles I sleep well and others I don't. Ironically, I just got insurance approval to continue on brand the day after I filled the prescription ... I guess my doctor requested it. I didn't even know. It is very costly though so I am hoping to stick with the Teva if I can. I am not tapering ... in a long hold ... so I am hoping the stability I have gained during this hold stays with me. Please let us know how you do.

JordanLives:  I continue to do AOK on the new/original 0.5mg Teva’s.  I had no issues switching to them from brand Klonopin.

NJStrength: When you were tapering, did you detect a pattern in how many days it took for you to feel the effect of a reduction and/or how many days it took for your withdrawal symptoms to “settle down” after a reduction?  Might this give you a clue as to how long to wait to fully gauge your reaction to the new Teva’s? 

NJStrength:  Sleep is the hardest thing to tell what is going on sometimes, for me.  So many factors involved outside of K that it can be tough to untangle it all.  Anyway, I'll be thinking of you and hope you are able to switch over with minimum disruption.  I wont start crossing over to teva until the end of this month, but I will try to let you guys know what happens.  Fingers crossed.  I won't even be thinking of starting a taper until I've been on teva for a few months.

Libertas: Thats great to hear, thanks for sharing your experience!  So, at least we know it is possible to switch and not feel it.  The fear of the unknown is the worst, and I know I make myself worse.  It's just hard not to think about it constantly ;(

JordanLives:  I continue to do AOK on the new/original 0.5mg Teva’s.  I had no issues switching to them from brand Klonopin.

NJStrength: When you were tapering, did you detect a pattern in how many days it took for you to feel the effect of a reduction and/or how many days it took for your withdrawal symptoms to “settle down” after a reduction?  Might this give you a clue as to how long to wait to fully gauge your reaction to the new Teva’s?

Libertas: Honestly I had no pattern in symptoms when I was tapering. The nausea which was my worst symptom was near constant ... cutting, holding, it made no difference. Other than issues with sleep, I really had no anxiety/panic attacks, etc. So I will see how the sleep goes. Of course I was prescribed klonopin because of insomnia and here we are 20 years later.  :-[

I am 51 and definitely in some stage of menopause which is really throwing everything off. Also recent uptick with my son's health issues have definitely impacted my sleep. If I can cross and sleep I do plan to begin very gradually reducing again .... very, very slowly and only if I can keep my symptoms in check. We'll see. Other than the sleep, which hasn't been great since I took two weeks off for Christmas, I don't notice a difference so far.

NJStrength:  Darn it. I was hoping you might have a pattern you could use to inform your “Am I going to be able to switch or not?” efforts.  I’m so sorry to learn about the uptick in your son’s health issues - that has to weigh heavily on you.  Please do keep us posted as to how the switch is going to your if you have time and are able. 

JordanLives:  I hear you about the fear of the unknown! 

I have been switched between various brands of generic clonazepam for 3 years now.

I started out on Actavis clonazepam regular pills,  and then had to change to Sandoz clonazepam regular pills,  then back to Actavis clonazepam regular pills, and then back to Sandoz clonazepam regular pills, and then back to Actavis regular pills.

I feel like I shouldn’t be on BB anymore because I’ve been here way too long, and with all this switching around, I’ve developed a pattern of a pretty good day (as an all day and into the night window) and the next day I feel awful.

As far as sleep, I always fall asleep fast as all this switching has taken a toll on my system (a super fatigue type syndrome) and some nights I sleep like a rock while other nights I wake up all night long, for no particular reason.

For any of you using whole full fat milk to taper, that is what I’ve used ever since I went from alprazolam to clonazepam. I’ve never put a drop of water  or anything thing else on the clonazepam pills.

Words cannot express how fed up I am with all this ridiculous switching. It has aggravated my trigeminal neuralgia  to the max, and I have/had one of the rarest of all disorders which is idiopathic subglottic stenosis and to say that this is aggravated is to say that everyone should use the internet and look that one up. It’s a horrendous and horrible disorder for anyone to get. I’m one person out of 500,000 in the United States and one out of 1,000,000 in the world to get idiopathic subglottic stenosis.

So now, I’m using the orally disintegrating tablets by Teva. Have I felt that switch? Absolutely! For this January, I paid $100.42 for those ODTS. I’m rooting for Teva Pharmaceuticals to recover from the mistakes they made when their former CEO decided to buy Actavis Pharmaceuticals from Allergan Pharmacueticals because I will most likely just call this tapering “gig” a washout.

I have been switched between various brands of generic clonazepam for 3 years now.

I started out on Actavis clonazepam regular pills,  and then had to change to Sandoz clonazepam regular pills,  then back to Actavis clonazepam regular pills, and then back to Sandoz clonazepam regular pills, and then back to Actavis regular pills.

I feel like I shouldn’t be on BB anymore because I’ve been here way too long, and with all this switching around, I’ve developed a pattern of a pretty good day (as an all day and into the night window) and the next day I feel awful.

As far as sleep, I always fall asleep fast as all this switching has taken a toll on my system (a super fatigue type syndrome) and some nights I sleep like a rock while other nights I wake up all night long, for no particular reason.

For any of you using whole full fat milk to taper, that is what I’ve used ever since I went from alprazolam to clonazepam. I’ve never put a drop of water  or anything thing else on the clonazepam pills.

Words cannot express how fed up I am with all this ridiculous switching. It has aggravated my trigeminal neuralgia  to the max, and I have/had one of the rarest of all disorders which is idiopathic subglottic stenosis and to say that this is aggravated is to say that everyone should use the internet and look that one up. It’s a horrendous and horrible disorder for anyone to get. I’m one person out of 500,000 in the United States and one out of 1,000,000 in the world to get idiopathic subglottic stenosis.

So now, I’m using the orally disintegrating tablets by Teva. Have I felt that switch? Absolutely! For this January, I paid $100.42 for those ODTS. I’m rooting for Teva Pharmaceuticals to recover from the mistakes they made when their former CEO decided to buy Actavis Pharmaceuticals from Allergan Pharmacueticals because I will most likely just call this tapering “gig” a washout.

Intend,

Good to see you here but I am so sorry for all you have been through. I am shocked at how much you had to pay for the Teva ODTs. That is ridiculous for a generic. I hope that you don't have to switch again. I have also been on BB too long without enough progress. Over three years and I have only managed to cut a quarter of my original dose. It is beyond discouraging.

NJ,

Good to see you again also. On this new plan I’m on, a deductible was added where there’s never been one before.

That has driven up the cost. My impression was that this high price would last for the 1st 3 months and then start to decline.

Last year, these same ODTs cost $42.00 per month aside from the membership fee. Now the membership fee has gone down but the deductible is $305.00. I will just pay it. So how much is deductible and monthly fee is clear, but once the deductible is paid, the cost at the pharmacy is $47.00. Just not sure how this all breaks down.

On the other hand, there is a lot more confidence in the new CEO of Teva pharmaceuticals Kare Schultz. He’s put Teva on a new path by laying off thousands of workers and closing down plants all across the country and the world.

I can only say that ODTs are expensive anyway, and that this entire benzo experience is discouraging.

Best of wishes for your son NJ. 💜

Frankly just fed up with just about everything. Literally crawling off this clonazepam.

Watching the stock market like a hawk. Installed several apps on this iPad that all have to do with Teva Pharmaceuticals.

Yesterday was day three of beginning my crossover to the teva klonopin. I am on a dose of .75 mg, so have been using .5 of brand and .25 teva.

Today I am incredibly nauseous and may actually get sick to my stomach. Even though I work at home this is not good as I have an evening meeting. Yesterday, I had a lot of diarrhea which I just attributed to something I ate (I ended up taking Pepto Bismol it was so bad) but now I am wondering if this is from the cross, as nausea/GI symptoms are always my main symptom with this benzo withdrawal process.

I am feeling very defeated. I really need this to go well. I did sleep better last night but the nausea is really difficult to manage. Off now to get another ginger lozenge.

Yesterday was day three of beginning my crossover to the teva klonopin. I am on a dose of .75 mg, so have been using .5 of brand and .25 teva.

Today I am incredibly nauseous and may actually get sick to my stomach. Even though I work at home this is not good as I have an evening meeting. Yesterday, I had a lot of diarrhea which I just attributed to something I ate (I ended up taking Pepto Bismol it was so bad) but now I am wondering if this is from the cross, as nausea/GI symptoms are always my main symptom with this benzo withdrawal process.

I am feeling very defeated. I really need this to go well. I did sleep better last night but the nausea is really difficult to manage. Off now to get another ginger lozenge.

NJ,

I would think it would be too soon for these sx to show up. Could be just the continuation of the GI problems you’ve been having for quite awhile.

But you know you better than I do, so maybe it’s a “wait and see” situation. I think I’ve read that you don’t do titration at all, but maybe learning that might help.

Then you could crossover much more slowly with smaller cuts of these drugs.

As I think about it though, I did use liquid myself, but still cut the pills up manually. I just did it very, very, gradually. When I crossed over to these ODTS, I took 75 days.

Thanks Intend. Maybe I do need to do the cross slower. Maybe it is just a coincidence that symptoms are revving. I am not currently tapering, have been holding dose since Sept 2018, a very long hold while I deal with things in my life. I don't do titration and really don't want to switch to liquid. I appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks Intend. Maybe I do need to do the cross slower. Maybe it is just a coincidence that symptoms are revving. I am not currently tapering, have been holding dose since Sept 2018, a very long hold while I deal with things in my life. I don't do titration and really don't want to switch to liquid. I appreciate your thoughts.

NJ,

So glad you saw this. Definitely try a much slower crossover. And since your CNS is used to cutting the pills with whatever you use (pill cutter, sharp knife) I would think that ok also for your taper. Just dismaying to me how much we have to handle with these drugs. 💜💜

It is totally ridiculous what we need to get off of or even stay on these drugs during generic switching! I am still angry with the doctor who, on a first visit with him that was prompted by an insurance change, told me to double my dosage of klonopin and take it every day and I could do so for the rest of my life. Well, that hasn't worked out too well. I never researched drugs before but now look up everything before I put it in my mouth. A doctor recently prescribed all these pain pills and muscle relaxers for some sort of back spasm I had. While incredibly painful, three visits to PT fixed it. Never picked up those prescriptions.

Thanks as always for your support.

Hi everyone,

Sorry been missing in action..read back a few pages and just wanted to take just a quick minute and update.. I am switching from the old teva to the new 1mg teva..i had gotten my noon dose .75mgs switched to actavis then they brought the new teva 1mg back..so then I had to take from 11/19 to 12/30 to get that switched over.. I crushed and switched it..now today I will start on the morning dose which is a whole 1mg..but instead of doing it all at once and taking a chance ..i am going to do 1/4 every 2 weeks then hold 2 weeks then start on the night 1mg an do it the same way..luckily I had enough of the old Teva to do a slow switch..So to be honest I haven't really noticed a big change at all. But I am crushing and using the scale...like today i will put .73 of the old teva and .42 of the new teva to make the scale weigh .115gms...and i am crushing both and have 2 bowls of crushed tablets..one with the new and one with the old tevas.

Will update more when I get more of the morning dose in me and see how it holds me from morning until my night dose since i have my noon dose all switched over for 2 weeks now. I am hoping doing it this slow my body wont notice the change..and I am staying really busy to say the least.

My heart goes out to all of you that are struggling with this change none of us should of had to go through this its bad enough just trying to taper. Not sure when or if i will try again..But then I get scared and think what if they stopped making k all together what would I do..i have enough of the teva and actavis at 2.75mgs a day to take 2 yrs to get off and that sure isnt long enough for a slow micro dry taper.

hang in the everyone and will check back later and hugs to all

:hug:

deep

Hi everyone,

Sorry been missing in action..read back a few pages and just wanted to take just a quick minute and update.. I am switching from the old teva to the new 1mg teva..i had gotten my noon dose .75mgs switched to actavis then they brought the new teva 1mg back..so then I had to take from 11/19 to 12/30 to get that switched over.. I crushed and switched it..now today I will start on the morning dose which is a whole 1mg..but instead of doing it all at once and taking a chance ..i am going to do 1/4 every 2 weeks then hold 2 weeks then start on the night 1mg an do it the same way..luckily I had enough of the old Teva to do a slow switch..So to be honest I haven't really noticed a big change at all. But I am crushing and using the scale...like today i will put .73 of the old teva and .42 of the new teva to make the scale weigh .115gms...and i am crushing both and have 2 bowls of crushed tablets..one with the new and one with the old tevas.

Will update more when I get more of the morning dose in me and see how it holds me from morning until my night dose since i have my noon dose all switched over for 2 weeks now. I am hoping doing it this slow my body wont notice the change..and I am staying really busy to say the least.

My heart goes out to all of you that are struggling with this change none of us should of had to go through this its bad enough just trying to taper. Not sure when or if i will try again..But then I get scared and think what if they stopped making k all together what would I do..i have enough of the teva and actavis at 2.75mgs a day to take 2 yrs to get off and that sure isnt long enough for a slow micro dry taper.

deep

deep,

Thanks for sharing how you are doing this. I am in the same boat--taper or not to taper, I have no idea, it was such a difficult three years for me while I was tapering and got down to .33 of K from 1 mg but it was bad. Suicidally depressed, constant nausea. Now I am mostly okay. But who knows if we will be able to get these drugs until we take our last breath. I am trying my best to just live in the moment and not worry about the future too much. I spent too many years of my life with crippling anticipatory anxiety; I am trying hard to move past that and not worry too much.

Hi everyone,

deep

deep,

Thanks for sharing how you are doing this. I am in the same boat--taper or not to taper, I have no idea, it was such a difficult three years for me while I was tapering and got down to .33 of K from 1 mg but it was bad. Suicidally depressed, constant nausea. Now I am mostly okay. But who knows if we will be able to get these drugs until we take our last breath. I am trying my best to just live in the moment and not worry about the future too much. I spent too many years of my life with crippling anticipatory anxiety; I am trying hard to move past that and not worry too much.

NJ

your very welcome..i hope it helps someone if they try it that way..seems so many are trying different ways with the brand change and not getting any better.

And well at 61 I can honestly say if I knew say i was to live to a ripe old age and could get them I would probably not try again after getting so so sick..but no one knows that an to think I might have to do a rapid taper that scares me more i think than just about anything.

I am glad you are working hard on not worrying to much..my husband says he thinks i worry about worrying..lol.

My husband also says that after seeing me so sick ..why would i put myself through that again when I am 99 percent functional and help run the business, do store runs and still do the flea mkt on sundays..

i just wish i knew why if i eat anything i get really sleepy..like after dinner i can be playing a video game with hubby and i just drop off..or be on fb and just fall asleep and I dont remember falling asleep. So i usually try to get dressed and out the door by 7 and at the stores when they open and not eat anything but a cereal bar..then my best friend and I get home maybe by noon or a bit later and then i eat only a half sandwich or something lite like salad because if i eat much then i am not hungry at dinner time. My cardio doc told me i had pots and the blood goes to my stomach to digest my food..but my primary says he sees alot of patients with POTS and I am not one of them..but i do have the SVT..and have to start finding the time to walk again i was up to almost 2 miles every morning but have just been to busy or tired to walk every morning.

Will check back before i go to sleep and see how others are doing...it was good to hear from you :)

deep

Deep,

I g3t that dropping of to sllep too! I was thinking why od this happening the last few day. I am on my tablet, no teadon to be tired, then its like a swiech hets flipped off and im asleep. Its driving me crazy. I sleep way to much. I wonder why that is.

So of course I always ignore advice ... I stuck with just switching out .25 of my .75 mg evening dose. The nausea seems okay. Not sleeping well but I honestly think that has nothing to do with this, as I haven't slept well since before Christmas. I have been leaning heavily on the medical marijuana for sleep but who cares. When I begin to sleep well again--it seems to be off and on in cycles i don't understand likely related to being 51 and in some stage of menopause--I will just stop with my marijuana tincture. I don't seem to experience any withdrawal from that at least.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. It is bitter cold here and snow is on tap for tomorrow.

NJstrength:  I also suffer from very poor sleep.  Its my worst, most persistent sx of K, but I had it even before K.  Some nights I see the clock every 45 minutes, just drifting in and out of very light sleep all night.  I try not to think about it, but its very hard and this has been going on for decades so its getting really old.

It's good to hear that the marijuana tincture helps you, without causing withdrawal.  I've been curious to try that, but haven't yet, for fear of adding another dependence.  It was legalized here for medicinal use last year.  It's something to consider when my sleep gets really bad.  I periodically go 4 days straight with no sleep, which is how I ended up on K in the first place.  My brain just loses the ability to shut off, it's horrible.  I am convinced I have some kind of undiagnosed brain condition beyond just anxiety.

NJstrength:  I also suffer from very poor sleep.  Its my worst, most persistent sx of K, but I had it even before K.  Some nights I see the clock every 45 minutes, just drifting in and out of very light sleep all night.  I try not to think about it, but its very hard and this has been going on for decades so its getting really old.

It's good to hear that the marijuana tincture helps you, without causing withdrawal.  I've been curious to try that, but haven't yet, for fear of adding another dependence.  It was legalized here for medicinal use last year.  It's something to consider when my sleep gets really bad.  I periodically go 4 days straight with no sleep, which is how I ended up on K in the first place.  My brain just loses the ability to shut off, it's horrible.  I am convinced I have some kind of undiagnosed brain condition beyond just anxiety.

Well last night I slept great, no marijuana, again for me I think it is linked to hormones, my insomnia always has been.

I used marijuana every night for more than a year and stopped when my sleep started coming back. I had some very vivid dreams and perhaps some night sweats (although again, I am 51 so that could be hot flashes, I have no idea), and a slight uptick in digestive issues but all faded within a week or so. Now I can use when I need it. I turned to the medical marijuana because when I don't sleep I throw up. Marijuana is great for nausea, so it was like killing two birds with one stone.

It's hard not sleeping. Many buddies use marijuana to help ease their withdrawal. There is at least one Facebook group and a thread here that discuss it.

I switched out one dose of brand K with the new Teva for the last 2 days, and so far it makes me feel weaker than usual.  I have CFS so Im used to being weak, but this is even more extreme.  My sleep last night was also worse than it has been lately, waking up about 8 times during the night.  I'm trying to shrug it off, but its really hard to function.  Anyone have the weakness problem, and had it ease up after awhile?

So anyway, that's my update for now.  There's not much choice but to keep slowly switching at this point.  Why do I feel like a ticking time bomb.  Sorry