Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

I never took TEVA but do you all think they metabolize in the system "slower" than Activas or many of the other brands?  I never tried Activas. I only ever used Mylan before that worked for me - everything since has really been pretty terrible.

I still didn't get my doctor to get back to me on the compounding of the almond oil solution and I am struggling greatly.  The severe hyperacusis, dry mouth/throat/everything, akathisia, are my worst symptoms right now.  I can tell the hyperacusis now has a pattern that matches with when I take the medication and when I am getting interdose withdrawal.  So I know I am metabolizing these ODTs rather quickly.  It wouldn't be easy to dose 3X per day with a pill but I could try to find a way.

Clara, I know you only dose 1X per day but do you crush, weigh and then you just swallow?  Or do you file, cut your pills?  You and I are similar in that we couldn't do DLMT - like you, it seemed to me to hit quick and leave fast.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[95...]
I'm so sorry you guys. I spoke too soon once again. I cannot take the .5mg pills. I cannot take the 1mg pills either. I should never have said anything until a full day had passed. Please forgive me for being too hasty. Teva is dead to me. I'm just done with them.

Hi All- thoughts and prayers for Clara and all of us. Bigglesworth posted a link earlier to a drugs.com forum that asked (why did TEva stop making their old formula and go to Actavis brand which is weak?) and at least 2 people, if not more, have indicated that they feel the NEW PILLS both .5 and 1mg are ‘toxic’ they are calling them ‘poison’ and described exactly what Clara did in terms of withdrawal symptoms, acute muscle cramping, muscle weakness, etc.

They feel that the new pills are toxic and are reporting to TEva. This is the biggest, most awful mess ever. I am disgusted and saddened. Not exactly sure what to do...

I'm so sorry you guys. I spoke too soon once again. I cannot take the .5mg pills. I cannot take the 1mg pills either. I should never have said anything until a full day had passed. Please forgive me for being too hasty. Teva is dead to me. I'm just done with them.

Hey don't sweat it, no apology necessary, I'm just sad to hear they aren't working out for you.  We all are struggling right now with this situation, so don't beat yourself up.  All we can do is talk about what is happening, and try to find solutions at this point.

I have started taking brand and am having some problems now too.  I'm trying to distract myself from it, and hope things don't deteriorate over the next week. 

Hi All- so glad I found this forum. Let’s all keep posting and sharing tips etc. I’m trying to get used to Barr/TEva odt. I’m not sure about it yet either but will post. I am so disappointed and pissed at TEva. I feel so naive thinking they would bring back the good stuff.

I guess we are all in for another fight-meaning we need to call TEva and report that it’s poison. They want money and to avoid lawsuits. I’ll try to drum up the energy to call. Haven’t even gotten new Tevas but from the sound of it, I’m not sure I want to.

Bigglesworth-I’ve tried brand before but had to triple my dose compared to TEva. Will u keep us posted on how you’re adjusting to the brand please?

Hi All- thoughts and prayers for Clara and all of us. Bigglesworth posted a link earlier to a drugs.com forum that asked (why did TEva stop making their old formula and go to Actavis brand which is weak?) and at least 2 people, if not more, have indicated that they feel the NEW PILLS both .5 and 1mg are ‘toxic’ they are calling them ‘poison’ and described exactly what Clara did in terms of withdrawal symptoms, acute muscle cramping, muscle weakness, etc.

They feel that the new pills are toxic and are reporting to TEva. This is the biggest, most awful mess ever. I am disgusted and saddened. Not exactly sure what to do...

Very disappointed with this whole thing as well.  It would seem that Teva just has no clue anymore, or their executives are completely incompetent.

These appear to be the links to the most active Drugs.com discussions of the new pills, fwiw.

https://www.drugs.com/answers/teva-actavis-clonazepam-3411247.html?page=4#c791028

https://www.drugs.com/answers/clonazepam-teva-stop-making-formula-actavis-brand-3441367.html?page=2

Hi All- so glad I found this forum. Let’s all keep posting and sharing tips etc. I’m trying to get used to Barr/TEva odt. I’m not sure about it yet either but will post. I am so disappointed and pissed at TEva. I feel so naive thinking they would bring back the good stuff.

I guess we are all in for another fight-meaning we need to call TEva and report that it’s poison. They want money and to avoid lawsuits. I’ll try to drum up the energy to call. Haven’t even gotten new Tevas but from the sound of it, I’m not sure I want to.

Bigglesworth-I’ve tried brand before but had to triple my dose compared to TEva. Will u keep us posted on how you’re adjusting to the brand please?

Hey Trina, I may not be on quite as much for the next couple weeks, but I'll keep checking in to update my status with brand.  I really hope I can get through this without an updose.  If not, it will feel like I should forget about ever getting off this drug.  But for now, I'm just distracting and trying not to think about it.

I hope you're able to adjust to the ODT's ok.  I may have to look into that route as well.  I think the Par ODT's use the old Qualitest formula too, which always worked well for me.  Don't quote me on that though.

Good night and good luck all.

I did switch to brand a while ago from the old Tevas and am doing fine.

Hey Trina, I may not be on quite as much for the next couple weeks, but I'll keep checking in to update my status with brand.  I really hope I can get through this without an updose.  If not, it will feel like I should forget about ever getting off this drug.  But for now, I'm just distracting and trying not to think about it.

I hope you're able to adjust to the ODT's ok.  I may have to look into that route as well.  I think the Par ODT's use the old Qualitest formula too, which always worked well for me.  Don't quote me on that though.

Good night and good luck all.

[95...]
I'm thinking of trying Accord...Does anyone here take that? However, I'm thinking that all generics are dangerous to take because once you get used to them, they can change or be discontinued. It seems the only safe thing to do is to take brand name.

[95...]

Also the safest thing to do is to get off them entirely. The government is going to get worse about benzo prescriptions, especially with all of the benzo coalitions pushing legal action in my state to make it even harder to get a prescription which I can't say that I'm happy about. The whole Jordan Peterson thing, the Dr Oz episode, the other tv shows raising awareness, are all going to hurt those of us who need to do a very slow responsible taper. I have this fear that we are all going to be pushed into detoxes in the near future. I've been to one and it's for addicts, not for us. It almost killed me and I reinstated right when I got out.  Check this out.

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2018/07/18/these-pills-could-be-next-us-drug-epidemic-public-health-officials-say?amp=1

Yes, this has already been happening.  Medicaid in my state (I'm not on), has already sent guidelines about prescribing benzos.  My new doctor will not prescribe 2 benzos at one time (even for a cross) b/c of her reputation.  I realized I can do it if I want b/c I have some TEVA Valium pills from before that I never used.

Unfortunately for me, the only way out of hell is but through it as I'm suffering no matter what I seem to do.  I have asked my doctor for compounding K in almond oil but am still considering a Valium switchover again. 

Clara, didn't you do a Valium crossover at one point and did it work?  Or no?  What was the reason for it not?  I know we are all different.

I'm still getting severe I/D withdrawals on 3X per day dosing of K and down to a little less than .375 but struggling greatly with severe acute symptoms.  I'm a rapid metabolizer of all this crap, I think and I'm polydrugged on two other meds I've been on for years.  Im going to suffer no matter but I need to try and make things a little more "bearable" if that's possible at all. 

Clara-thanks for sharing that article—I agree that it’s all become so chaotic in terms of the re-launch of new TEva that maybe I need to taper down and off of this med (or stay on a very low dose as I did for many years). They are really going after the opioid manufacturers and I didn’t know benzodiazepines were involved in 1/3 of opioid related deaths. Clara- if you are in Boston maybe you need to find a top doctor who is on your side. I’m in the medical field and for years during grad school and post grad training I paid out of pocket for a great/ top NYC psychiatrist who finally prescribed me TEva clonazepam after trying many things. You need someone who is on your side and can find a substitute med. brand was ok for me-so far TEva/Barr odt is very strong and I don’t know what to make of it. We are all so different in terms of body chemistry.

I’ve lost faith that TEva is going to get their act together about clonazepam. I’m going to consider a very slow taper in a few months. Thanks for sharing the article.

I did switch to brand a while ago from the old Tevas and am doing fine.

Thanks for sharing that.  I noticed Unicorn74 had no problems with this switch too, in fact it looks like it worked better for her until her doc yanked her to valium.

We shall see what lady luck has in store for me.  So far it's a little rough, but nothing unmanageable.  Trying to stay busy.

I j7st got the new tevas. They are green 833.my pills were skways yellow l mg clonz. I feel like different somehow. My stomach is sich and extra depressed.  No interest. Maybe i need to adjust. It vould just be new sx im getting. I dont know.  Any feel ok on them. This whole thing is getting annoying.

Bigglesworth, Unicorn didn't get yanked to Valium.  She chose to switch as she was having so much trouble with K and it's actually worked out for her better in the long run.  Just wanted to note that for everyone. 

[95...]
I tapered off valium awhile ago. I tried to do the switch and just got stuck on both Klonopin and Valium. I'm on the phone with Teva right now. I'm asking them if they have stock of their old formula.

Bigglesworth, Unicorn didn't get yanked to Valium.  She chose to switch as she was having so much trouble with K and it's actually worked out for her better in the long run.  Just wanted to note that for everyone.

Thanks, I did more reading of her journal and see that 'yanked' was incorrect. 

In positive news, it appears that Uni's initial change from Teva to Brand went very well. 

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=163449.msg2666646#msg2666646

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=163449.msg2666862#msg2666862

I noticed things went downhill fast for her due to interdose withdrawals and when her taper rate approached 7%.  I keep my taper rate at 3% because I fall apart at 7% as well.  And multiple doses per day have eliminated my interdose withdrawals.

From reading her journal, she has also struggled with valium several months after the cross, and had a moment where she considered going back to K.  I guess the bottom line is, this process is a bitch no matter which route you take.

Anyway, just trying to stay positive here!  I will be off BB now for the next few weeks until I am fully adjusted to brand.

Be well, all.

In positive news, it appears that Uni's initial change from Teva to Brand went very well. 

I noticed things went downhill fast for her due to interdose withdrawals and when her taper rate approached 7%.  I keep my taper rate at 3% because I fall apart at 7% as well.  And multiple doses per day have eliminated my interdose withdrawals.

From reading her journal, she has also struggled with valium several months after the cross, and had a moment where she considered going back to K.  I guess the bottom line is, this process is a bitch no matter which route you take.

Anyway, just trying to stay positive here!  I will be off BB now for the next few weeks until I am fully adjusted to brand.

Be well, all.

Good luck Bigglesworth!!    Mary 🍀🍀🍀🍀

Be well, all.

Good luck Bigglesworth!!    Mary 🍀🍀🍀🍀

Thank you Mary! :)  Peace and good health to you.

Hey guys. First day at work trying TEva/Barr odt. Feel a bit funny (tired, a little shaky) but ok. I might go the brand route as well. I’m sick of trying all of these crazy generics. Good luck Bigglesworth and Clara with brand. I probably won’t even try for new Tevas as consensus is they are poison.

I appreciate you guys posting your reactions to brand. My next refill is at the end of November and I might just pay the $350 for brand. Good luck and keep us posted when you’re ready!

Just fyi on brand...I went from sandoz (which was great) ...to having to switch so first tried activas....bad...accord...worse....then did slow transition to brand K....and $100 a month for it....took months even with slow switch(a month) to adjust and eventually went from .16 up to .25 and finally got stable...but the K gives me different ad than the sandoz....namely dizziness and eye issues I never had with sandoz...so who tfk...I thought K would be a game changer for me...Hope...actually worse. But...we are all different so what is one persons horror story is another's savior....

[95...]

I j7st got the new tevas. They are green 833.my pills were skways yellow l mg clonz. I feel like different somehow. My stomach is sich and extra depressed.  No interest. Maybe i need to adjust. It vould just be new sx im getting. I dont know.  Any feel ok on them. This whole thing is getting annoying.

Thanks for posting feedback about them. Yeah, I feel sad and depressed when I take them, too, and very weak. Are you getting used to them yet, or is it staying the same for you?

Hi Clara,

They help with the eye pain more and headache. However, I feel nauseous, tired, and depressed. Kind of numbed out. Acid relux and hard to breath. I dint know what is best to tske. My yellow logo 34 wasnt good either. Trembling  all day. You guys dont like it either?