Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

So here’s the lowdown from Teva for Jen, Dub, and bbmom.

I called them this morning right after I first posted. This guy Kevin told me that Teva clonazepam is no longer being made. They have made Actavis their new clonazepam for sure. He said the company was doing great. Any leftover Teva is just leftover and was shipped out because it was the last of it.

He called the CVS that I spoke with yesterday, and they told him that they now have a contract with Accord so it seems Accords the one around here now. But absolutely, Actavis is the official clonazepam for Teva.

So then I called the pharmacy I deal with that special orders. And I got somewhat of a surprise. They had enough Actavis to fill a prescription for me, but Actavis was back ordered with no date that they could start ordering it again. And I asked what they did have on their shelves, and it was Accord.

So they’re filling the Actavis Rx for me, but now I don’t know if or when I can get it again. Makes me seriously question how well Teva is REALLY DOING. Like I said before, they are in a major slump on the stock market, and as I read the stock market, we may be in for a huge correction. All those tariffs on other countries are coming home to roost. And that’s affecting all stocks, ETFs, mutual funds,  401Ks.

I’m not sure what to do here. I just don’t think Tevas doing as well as they say. They’re just like all the other companies whether it be McDonalds or whoever.

So if Accord is the latest, that’s the one to acclimate to I guess, as Actavis seems to be in limbo. If your close to getting off, that’s what I’d do.

But I’m not that close. I may have to seriously think about getting the branded K myself.

Either Teva is making Actavis and shipping it out so fast, they can’t keep up with it, or they’re not making enough of it to ship much out at all. I tend to think it’s the latter. And what this means for the future of Teva is something I can’t predict.

I have this constantly updating thread of the stock market of this iPad, and they’re about to close. Seems like Teva is hanging around $19.93-$19.95. But articles say the “we haven’t hit bottom yet for the stock market,” so that’s that. I’m gonna have to look into branded K for sure I think.

Even that guy Kevin said he’d try that as so much is going on with all these changes. Just about all I can say. Don’t understand about these other generics from Teva. Do we all have to look into getting branded whatever now? Maybe.

Should also note that I asked if the email for Teva was still the same. Kevin said it was. But I never got a reply email back, and it’s now 12:25 pm here. Way earlier, when I called him, I mentioned how quiet it seemed to be there, and he said it was super quiet, no one calling, nobody around. Said they were having a Halloween party today later. Was in a good mood. Ask him if he had come from Pennsylvania where their headquarters were just a few months ago. He said no; he’d always been in New Jersey where they’ve always had an office. Guess he wasn’t one of the thousands of people laid off by Teva.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Intend - Thanks so much for the update. I really do appreciate you calling them. That's what my CVS said. Actavis was backordered. That's what we heard at first when Teva stopped shipping. Oh well, I will keep ya'll posted when I start switching over to Accord. I have enough Actavis for about another month or more. This sucks.

My husband said to me this morning, I wonder if or when they will just stop making it altogether. I said, no way, that would never happen. That would be a mess for sure for millions of people. I trust that won't happen.

Keep us updated on what you do. Aren't you in the middle of switching to Actavis now?

Intend, I was on North Star and did ok on it, but then found out my pharmacy changes it "at whim."  So, I found another pharmacy that was willing to order in a year's supply for me and keep it in a special container "just for me."  Wasn't that wonderful?!

They could not get the North Star, but since I heard that Actavis was pretty well established and on the way to take over, I asked for that generic brand.  It was hard to switch over, but eventually I did better.  Still not the best and not doing well, but then I am tapering, too.  I refuse to stay where I am---it's been 3 years! 

So, it is usually quite bad, but occasionally I have a window'ish experience and am soooooooooo thanful for that.  Not often, but a lot of people have been praying for me.  I am glad for what I can get.  I really hurt for all the buddies who are having it hard, too.  This is insane!

Hope that answers your question.  Sorry--a bit long!

Lynn

Intend - Thanks so much for the update. I really do appreciate you calling them. That's what my CVS said. Actavis was backordered. That's what we heard at first when Teva stopped shipping. Oh well, I will keep ya'll posted when I start switching over to Accord. I have enough Actavis for about another month or more. This sucks.

My husband said to me this morning, I wonder if or when they will just stop making it altogether. I said, no way, that would never happen. That would be a mess for sure for millions of people. I trust that won't happen.

Keep us updated on what you do. Aren't you in the middle of switching to Actavis now?

bbmom,

I will keep everyone updated. Sounds like you got pretty much the same information I did. I just check the stock market and Teva closed at $19.58. That’s lower than they’ve been for quite awhile. About where they started when their restructuring began with their new CEO Kare Schultz. It’s kind of a “wash” for them at this point so since your close to getting off, I think it’s good to just go to Accord, and do your best to get it over with.

As far as anyone discontinuing any benzo “forever” it would seriously affect millions of people. But what would happen as a result of that, I don’t know. Doctors put people on these drugs everyday for various reasons. And we both know that you can work your way up on the amount very quickly. My original pdoc told me to take 1 mg for 2 days, the add another pill of 1 mg in another 2 days, and the last pill of 1 mg in another 2 days. So I was on 3 mg in 6 days.

But now we know it takes months and years to get off these drugs. But she didnt know that. I stayed on the 3 mg (sometimes took 1 or 2 and here and there 3) for 10 years. By then I started researching occasionally as I had just gotten a computer. Wasn’t quite sure what I was taking. And when I found out, decided to taper w/o telling her. Started breaking chips off the pills. Sure wasn’t exact, but it was working. It’s a really long story so I’ll stop now as far as that.

But all these docs who put people on these benzos long term and short term don’t seem to know much of anything. And getting them all educated is a huge task. So while it would affect millions of people if they stopped making any benzo who was already on one, I say absolutely. But since they don’t know how to get people off them, a possibility I always worry about is that they will tell people to do a rapid taper, just take them off, or get them into a detox facility.

This Benzo information Coalition keeps trying to warn people to never even start a benzo which is great advice. But I do not think they put enough if any emphasis on a slow taper with holding as needed. So all these things concern me. But I think you’re pretty close, so Accord is most likely your best choice.

And yes, I am switching for the 3rd time back to Actavis. I’m into the full dose (have managed to get that down from 3 mg to 1.5 mg before Teva bought Actavis) of Actavis 22 days now. I’m just so mad at Teva for ever buying Actavis. It was a desperation move on their part. We shall see if they recover from a $40 billion mistake with this new CEO of theirs. But in the meantime, the rest of us can not wait. We need to get off. Let me know when you’re acclimated or whenever you want. I always check BB so I’m around here a lot.  :thumbsup:

Intend, I was on North Star and did ok on it, but then found out my pharmacy changes it "at whim."  So, I found another pharmacy that was willing to order in a year's supply for me and keep it in a special container "just for me."  Wasn't that wonderful?!

They could not get the North Star, but since I heard that Actavis was pretty well established and on the way to take over, I asked for that generic brand.  It was hard to switch over, but eventually I did better.  Still not the best and not doing well, but then I am tapering, too.  I refuse to stay where I am---it's been 3 years! 

So, it is usually quite bad, but occasionally I have a window'ish experience and am soooooooooo thanful for that.  Not often, but a lot of people have been praying for me.  I am glad for what I can get.  I really hurt for all the buddies who are having it hard, too.  This is insane!

Hope that answers your question.  Sorry--a bit long!

Lynn

So Lynn,

It sounds like you’re still able to get Actavis. I hope you’ve read all these posts, and if you have, you know that the rest of us here have different stories involving Actavis. I’m just finding it’s back ordered, and the pharmacy has enough right now to fill my Rx for one more refill.

bbmom can’t get activis anymore because it’s back ordered, Jen has gone to Teva Librium, and Dub is taking (I think) the brand K. I sure don’t blame you for not wanting to stay where you’re at. We need to get off these drugs.

I have tried so hard to get off, but each time I get ready to taper, I get switched to another clonazepam so I’ve gone through 5 switches because all these pharmacies just change their generic on a whim as you say. I always do a hold before I taper because if the generic changes, I just think it’s better for my CNS to get acclimated before tapering.

So since you still on Actavis, if they can’t get it, you’ll most likely just change to whatever the pharmacy has and be glad to get it. I think that’s a great attitude.

I was just curious, and that does answer my question. And your post was not long. I’m the Long poster here. Never could do short posts.  Keeps us updated. You seem to be doing pretty good.  :thumbsup:

So Dub,

Are you or aren’t you on the brand K?

And if you are, are you having any trouble getting it?

I would really like to know so please respond.

Hey sorry for the late replies, been hit with a nasty wave after having a week long window.... I hope it’s a good sign and I’m going to stabilize soon. But yes I am on the brand K I didn’t find it to be any better than the generics, but I decided just to get the brand instead so they wouldn’t keep changing generics on me and not to mention so many of these manufacturers just stop making them without giving a warning. Brand K has been very easy to get for me, I live only 30 min away from Genentech.... maybe that’s why I get it so fast after placing my order I usually receive it 2-3 business days. I also noticed that brand K tablets always weigh the same not so with generics

I’m actually thinking about maybe trying to dose my K 3x per day instead of just 2x. Or maybe switch over to Valium or Librium if I don’t stabilize in a few more weeks. Going to be patient, I finally had my longest window since being off Teva, hoping it’s a good sign and I get another one soon. Jen how are you doing on Librium ? Uni how have you been Havnt seen you post anything for a long time, hope your doing better on Valium. And scaredie I really hope your doing good, your the on that started this great thread and haven’t heard from you in a long time. And intend thank you for always reaching out and trying to help out with this teva mess, it means a lot.

I am doing ok. Several symptoms left with Librium and I really prefer it to valium or k and so glad I switched. Tomorrow is two weeks since the cross. I am having more body and head pain days with exhaustion still but shark week is coming so I think it is from that. Benzos still are terrible just Librium is a different kind of terrible. Glad to hear you had a good week Dub.

Btw do men have an easier time with tapering because they don’t deal with estrogen and progesterone? Progesterone is so closely linked with our gaba.

Hey sorry for the late replies, been hit with a nasty wave after having a week long window.... I hope it’s a good sign and I’m going to stabilize soon. But yes I am on the brand K I didn’t find it to be any better than the generics, but I decided just to get the brand instead so they wouldn’t keep changing generics on me and not to mention so many of these manufacturers just stop making them without giving a warning. Brand K has been very easy to get for me, I live only 30 min away from Genentech.... maybe that’s why I get it so fast after placing my order I usually receive it 2-3 business days. I also noticed that brand K tablets always weigh the same not so with generics

Dub,

Thanks for that info as far as the brand K. Thought maybe trying that. Concerned about expense though.

I’m actually thinking about maybe trying to dose my K 3x per day instead of just 2x. Or maybe switch over to Valium or Librium if I don’t stabilize in a few more weeks. Going to be patient, I finally had my longest window since being off Teva, hoping it’s a good sign and I get another one soon. Jen how are you doing on Librium ? Uni how have you been Havnt seen you post anything for a long time, hope your doing better on Valium. And scaredie I really hope your doing good, your the on that started this great thread and haven’t heard from you in a long time. And intend thank you for always reaching out and trying to help out with this teva mess, it means a lot.

Dub,

Thanks again. I do keep trying to figure all this out. Just read on the Long Hold Support Group that Stut is taking the generic Actavis for her Valium. But she lives in the U.K.

I then searched what is known as the London Stock Exchange, and I found that Actavis used to trade there, but in 1997, it stopped trading there and moved to the New York stock exchange. I sure can’t figure this one out. This is one big mess.

Guess overall, I just don’t know what to do.

I am doing ok. Several symptoms left with Librium and I really prefer it to valium or k and so glad I switched. Tomorrow is two weeks since the cross. I am having more body and head pain days with exhaustion still but shark week is coming so I think it is from that. Benzos still are terrible just Librium is a different kind of terrible. Glad to hear you had a good week Dub.

Btw do men have an easier time with tapering because they don’t deal with estrogen and progesterone? Progesterone is so closely linked with our gaba.

That is very interesting I never knew about Progesterone being so closely linked to gaba. But im not sure if men have a easier time than women, It wasn't too difficult for me while tapering until this whole teva switch. But I have noticed there might be more women on benzobuddies than men, maybe im wrong.

Dub,

Thanks for that info as far as the brand K. Thought maybe trying that. Concerned about expense though.

Are you having trouble getting ahold of actavis? Or just don’t want to take anything made by teva? my pdoc wrote dispense as written on my prescription and told my insurance they need to cover it since I can’t take any other generic. So it only cost me $5, but it would of been $100 a month if I wasn’t able to have my pdoc help me out.

Dub,

Are you having trouble getting ahold of actavis? Or just don’t want to take anything made by teva? my pdoc wrote dispense as written on my prescription and told my insurance they need to cover it since I can’t take any other generic. So it only cost me $5, but it would of been $100 a month if I wasn’t able to have my pdoc help me out.

Dub are you better on brand?

no the brand K is still inferior to teva.... or maybe my body is still getting used to it but I’ve been on brand for over 3 months now

Dub,

Dub,

I absolutely am having trouble getting ahold of the Actavis now. I was able to get it for 2 months w/o any trouble, but the third month (this month) I called for the refill, and the pharmacist said they had enough for the refill, but it was on back order with no date set for when it would be available again. And I asked them what was on their shelf, and it was Accord.

And yesterday,I had already called Teva, and was told that Actavis was definitely their Teva clonazepam now. The CVS pharmacist here said that they didn’t even know what Actavis clonazepam was, and he was the same CVS pharmacist I spoke with during the summer who said their shelves were completely stocked with Actavis.

So I asked the guy at Teva to call that pharmacist. He did, and thevpharmacist told him the same thing. He had Teva clonazepam 1mg, and all the CVSs now have a contract with Accord.

I can not keep being switched around like this. I’m super worried about what to do. I really do not think I can afford the brand K. It sounds like it’s way too expensive. I’ll have to ask my doctor about this waiver,or come up with another idea or do something.

Im very upset. Ironically, we have a Teva manufacturing facility here is Salt Lake City, and I called them today and asked what they make there. They said they make both Teva and Actavis products. I’ve never encountered anything like this before.

I’ve nvervaken Teva (except for Actavis) before, but I have considered taking those wafers.

I do liquid titrating so if they wouldn’t change chemically bybthat, I might consider trying the Teva wafers.

I just wonder if Teva is going to stay in business.

I’ve nvervaken Teva (except for Actavis) before, but I have considered taking those wafers.

I do liquid titrating so if they wouldn’t change chemically bybthat, I might consider trying the Teva wafers.

I just wonder if Teva is going to stay in business.

Yes that is what I am worried about too, I’m thinking about doing a crossover to Valium and my doctor prescribed me 10 mg Valium. But I picked it up and found out it’s made my teva which makes me very uncomfortable taking. Not sure how long teva will make Valium and I don’t believe a single word they say, everyone that works there is completely clueless to what’s going on and lies. I’m so sick of teva

no the brand K is still inferior to teva.... or maybe my body is still getting used to it but I’ve been on brand for over 3 months now

Oh ok I didn’t realize that.

I transferred to Librium to get away from all the clonazepam issues but my Librium is Teva also. Perhaps with my next refill I should try another pharmacy with another brand and hold for another month before my taper.  :-\

I transferred to Librium to get away from all the clonazepam issues but my Librium is Teva also. Perhaps with my next refill I should try another pharmacy with another brand and hold for another month before my taper.  :-\

I wonder who makes the actual Librium brand

I wonder who makes the actual Librium brand

I was wondering about this myself. I have the brand new Teva catalog for 2018, and it has all the generics Teva makes, and I can scroll down through all of them. They have alprazolem, Valium , Librium, lorazepam and tons of non benzos. I can see several of the ones my husbands takes also.

I’m going to google for who makes the Librium brand.

And last night, I was so upset, I sent an email to the Office of Business Integrity at Teva to try to get to the bottom of all this crap. That’s a different email address than the one people usually use for the US contact.

I  searched for who made the brand Librium, and couldn’t find anything.

But I did find that Librium is longer lasting, less potent, and has slower onset than Valium. These are all some of the questions I’ve recently seen “debated” on the Chewing the Fat section of bb.

And  couldn’t ad this at the time as people came to the door, but called Teva again 1-800-545-8800.

Told this “Mary” who answered that I had just realized that Teva no longer had any clonazepam to sell anyone. And she gave me the same old story.

“Oh yes we do. Actavis is available just like weve told everyone. We’re shipping it out everyday to our wholesalers. Then the retailers get it from them. And sometime, these retailers can’t see that’s its available, but it is available. All they have to do is look at their retailers site, and they’ll see it is available.”

And I mentioned the stock market and how Teva is dropping like a rock, and she said she didn’t know anything about that and had other callers waiting.

Not sure what I’ll do for myself, but I was told that my pharmacy COULD NOT SEE when Teva’s Actavis clonazepam would be available. I didn’t ask about Accord at the time as far as the wholesaler, but it must be available or it wouldn’t be on the shelves. Getting it long term is another question.

I’m not counting on Teva to stay in business. They’re hanging on by a thread. I read somewhere that Kåre Schultz had written 2018 off as far as profits and all that sort of thing. Seems like other companies are moving in.

Good morning buddies

I havent been around in a few weeks..sometimes my life just gets to busy and i get distracted with so much..but i wanted to come back and check out this thread since it was time to get my script filled again of clonazepam..

For one thank you Intend for doing all these calls and research to try and figure all of this mess out..and i was hoping and praying that when i logged in that all of this would  have been sorted out..but to my horror it seems its just getting worse.

I have been lucky if you can call it that i have been able to keep getting the teva brand of k and i will get my last refill today of it then the cvs that i found that had it will be out.i get the 1mg 120 tabs a script for a month.

I am still at 2.75mgs and have been holding at that amount now for it will be almost 2 yrs after losing my mom and my son within 9 days of each other and continuing to taper after that and got so sick i almost lost my life. I had gotten from 4mgs down to 1.75 before it bit my butt big time...

I had to updose twice and got me to 2.75mgs and i started to pull out and have gotten my old life back and now i am terrified to think that they might stop making clonazepam...i have been on it for 35yrs at 4mgs and before that i was on xanax for 2 yrs 4mgs..and the doc just did a direct switch back then i stopped one and started the other the next day..

i dont take any other meds , dont drink or smoke..so i am scared of what to do..the pharmacist when i talked to her on the phone this morning told me that they had about 3 or 4 brands to choose from the 2 i recognized was accord and actavis..after the refill i got today..

so now my question what would any of you do if you were in my shoes??? I know your not doctors but i really need input and help if you were in my shoes..

The doc has always given me enough k as if i was still on the 4mgs so i could do my own thing with the taper..so i have 10 or 11 months put back..and i knew the day was coming from this thread that i was going to have to change to a different brand and was going to go with actavis but now after reading all of this and the stock with teva..i dont know what to do..i was planning on a real long slow change over to the new brand by crushing say 10 of teva and 5 of the new brand and mix them together and then just measure out my noon dose since its the only one i dont take as a whole pill and then do that for 2 weeks then keep doing more of the other until i was totally on the other brand and then start to work on the 2 whole pills slowly..

now i dont know what to do..but no one in my family wants me to try and taper again because they know how sick i was and my hubby said he couldnt take seeing me in a wheelchair and not even able to take my own shower or walk or drive ever again from me trying to get off of it..and i have to agree if i just keep being like i am i would stay at 2.75mgs for the rest of my life..and do all the things i do now..its like i have been on it so long it doesnt have an effect on me.

so if you were me would you just slowly change over to the new brand starting next month when i get my new script or would you start a slow taper and get as low as you could and try an do a slow switch also in case they stop making clonazepam at all..

i had often wondered what would happen to everyone on be it k,v, x or any of the others if they just stopped making it..i know my doc is not on board with switching me to v because it would be like 50 mgs or more and thats alot..so not sure what to do..i havent mentioned to him about the change due to the fact i havent had to see him since aug. and dont go back until the 19th of this month.

i need some help buddies..i am getting really worried and stressed about what to do..and sure wish i would have found a way to start my taper slowly again even if it was a sliver here and there so maybe i could at least have gotten to 1.5mg or something lower...i am a mess

sorry this is so long but will be watching this thread closely to see what any of you can come up with..i am in florida..and i know the pharmacist said clonazepam flies off the shelf so many people are on it here.and if i did have to go to v or x do they cover the same seizure threshold as clonazepam does? thats another of my big worries.

thanks buddies and big hugs out to all of you.

much love

deep

Deep,

I really don’t have any answers myself. You probably read my last post where I contacted Teva. I actually contacted them twice: first through the regular email they have which is TevaCS@tevapharm.com and then at the Office of Business Integrity which Office.BusinessIntegrity@tevapharm.com.

Both of these emails went directly to Teva here in the US. I called both phone numbers for Teva, 1-888-838-2872 and 1-800-545-8800 so I done as much as I can with Teva. I got the very same answer on both emails and on the calls.

“Teva has substituted its clonazepam with the Actavis clonazepam, and we only sell to wholesalers/distributors and they sell to their retailers.”

And in my posts, my retailer/pharmacy does not see a date when Actavis can be ordered again. And hey have Accord on their shelf. Also CVS has a contract with Accord also and they say they’ve never heard of Actavis.

I’m at my wits end here. I see my doctor today, but I just don’t see how I’m going to get off clonazepam anymore. I see so many people in the intro section using clonazepam and keep wondering which generic are they taking because I’m not able to get anything but Accord it seems, and I can’t call all pharmacies in this entire valley. I’ve heard of Accord for quite awhile now, but so many others have been discontinued that between that and this Solco brand, I don’t know what to do.

Maybe try Valium if my doc would let me. Just seriously lost. I’m way to sensitive to all these different generic brands now, and the brand K by Genentech is extremely expensive, and when I called them the other day, they said the price of it depends on your pharmacy cause the pharmacy itself can charge extra for ordering it.

I’m am truly lost and my doc even said I won’t be able to get off unless I find a consistent supply of generic clonazepam to do that.

So now I don’t think Teva is a reliable source of information anymore. And I sure don’t trust CVS. I don’t know who to believe about any of this.

I don’t know what to do as far as that question. I thought I was back on Actavis again. I crossed over to it from Sandoz slowly, so I have a couple months of it left, and to reiterate, they are saying now that they do not see any date on their computer when they can order it again. So although I can take it for the next few months, I have no idea what happens after that. So if your seeing Actavis on the shelf in Florida, I don’t know if it will continue to be available there next time you need it or not. I thought it was pretty well established with both Teva and the pharmacy until this week.

No matter how much Teva tells me that Actavis is their official clonazepam, it doesn’t matter if you can’t get it. And I only mention Solco because I heard it mentioned at Walgreens here. They may have it for clonazepam; I just haven’t enquired. As far as the Accord, that’s what my pharmacy has right now and so does CVS.

As far as seizure control, clonazepam is used for that, but I don’t think that Valium or Xanax are. And going back to Xanax would be great, but I don’t know how one does that after using clonazepam for so long. I do see that most of the people on the Long Hold Support Group are on Valium, but I’m not able to get guidance there about this clonazepam mess.

And this is truly a clonazepam mess. If I had to guess as far as Teva, I would say that they are in financial trouble from buying Actavis (it used to be its own company). They took on a $40 billion debt to buy it, and have digging themselves out ever since. That’s why I commented on the stock market part of this. I read somewhere that their new CEO Kare Schultz is good at restructuring companies and getting them on solid  ground again, but I also read that he written off 2018 as far as profits to stockholders and is “looking forward.”

They are having some kind of statement for shareholders today. I’ll be looking for that statement.

Deep,

One more thing. As far as my guessing about Teva, I think it’s possible that because of this debt, they may just keep saying that Actavis is their clonazepam, but being inconsistent about actually producing it and sending it out to their wholesalers.

All these decisions are made in Israel where the company is located, and the US headquarters just “parrots” what they are told to say. Those are my thoughts.