Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Dub- I dose twice a day. Morning and night

Tnx bballmom! I noticed you take gabapentin and Buspar. I occasionally take gabapentin and find it helpful was wondering is Buspar is as effective for you.... I’ve never taken Buspar before but know some ppl that find it helps them.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

bbmom,

I’m back on actavis also, but not for long. I’ve been switched on these generics too much and clonazepam has been kind of hard on me, but with all these generic switches (5 right now) I get worse with my voice and my general health.

I find it lasts very well for me. But lasting long enough isn’t enough if you have to keep switching generics and you just get worse with your level of fatigue and general health.

I find myself constantly upset and worried now. My pdoc said (I already knew this), that I’m becoming more sensitive “CNS wise” with each switch. It’s a huge mess, and I do blame Teva. Who in the world knows what the hell those people are doing?

I watch the stock market to see what Teva is doing, but it’s investor money they worry about and not

patients.

I don’t know if you called those phone numbers or not or if that helped. I have two different email address for Teva, but now they end up in the same spot in New Jersey. It’s like talking to a wall. My cat gives me more information than they do.

Omg intend I’m so sorry to hear you have to switch generics again. I blame teva as well!! They totally ruined my taper and set me back a whole year :( I’ve called teva atleast 20 times or more since June they all recognize me by my voice by now lol. And I always keep hearing different answers depending on who answers. I’ve spoke with their medical staff as well that they have on hand and are completely clueless. When I asked if actavis has the same absorption rate and Half life as teva they had no clue and told me to ask my doctor these questions. I’ve even contacted fda who knows about mylan and sandoz discontinuing their clonazepam, but said they had no idea teva had stopped making their clonazepam, really strange to me.

Dub,

I have called Teva so many times also as you know, and they definitely recognize my voice because I struggle to speak. And I have also called the FDA, and ending talking to a pharmacist there. She did not know how to even navigate the website so she was not aware of the Sandoz or Mylan disccontinuations. That was super frustrating.

At that time, she told me the same thing as you heard: she wasn’t aware of the Teva clonazepam discontinuation either. At that time, I just thought it was because she couldn’t navigate the website, but now I do wonder if Teva has ever reported this to the FDA which does seem like some kind of “violation.”

And yes, I do have to make another switch. My doctor is trying to help me get off this stuff so my choices around here seem to be go to accord or cross over the Valium. That visit was November 1, and my next one is December 4. He spent so much time with me while letting his other patients wait. It was mainly strategizing to figure what my options were. He said I have risks either way.

And I kind of thought that maybe crossing to Valium would give me some stability to really get going on tapering again. Last week, I had to pick up some medications for my husband at Walgreens, so I asked the pharmacy tech what their Benzo lineup looked like. She said they had Valium by Watson, clonazepam by accord, and Xanax by Teva. And Walgreens around here does special order any generic. They get what they get.

So when I got home, I called a local grocery store to see what their pharmacy had. It was Teva Valium, and accord clonazepam. And the last time I picked up my refill of Actavis, I asked the other pharmacy I use for my Benzo Rex, and they had Teva Valium and accord clonazepam. And they affirmed that they just couldn’t get the Actavis clonazepam after that. That Watson Valium kind of through me for a loop as it’s not assured that I now feel I can’t even get a consistent Valium either. By that I mean, will all these pharmacies just switch around as their wholesaler buys whatever is the cheapest.

I haven’t yet checked with all the pharmacies around here about what they have. I’m kind of fed up and feel like giving up.

We just do not have enough (if any ) oversite by the FDA of how different these different generics can be. Someone else told me to check Walmart, and I thought I’d also check Sam’s club. My husband will have to make these phone calls I guess because my voice gets very problematic unless it’s the early morning. I am so fed up with anyone saying that “these generics are all the same.”

They are not whether you take a Benzo or not. They are definitely NOT THE SAME. If people don’t notice a difference, good for them, but many do. And that’s true for any generic medication.

Intend, I have also been considering switching to Valium but for some reason I am very scared of the switch and keep pushing it back and finding excuses. Now I plan on switching over to Valium after thanksgiving. I also don’t like the generic Valium I was given by the pharmacy which is made by teva and I don’t trust when one bit, scared their going to pull another shady move and discontinue their Valium without giving anyone a warning. But that’s good to hear Watson is still making Valium, I’ve always found Watson to be high quality, I’m going to see if I can get a Watson script for Valium instead. And I can’t take roche Valium because the stupid V cutout makes it uneven to cut the tablets into fours. No idea why they don’t get rid of the cut out and just make it a normal tablet. Hope your having a lovely day :)

Dub,

Yes the Watson thing is good, but I can’t find much info about them on the internet. I’ll have to check Wikipedia. I’ll see how current the info there is. But then I wonder who else here sells Watson. Maybe my pharmacy can look into that.

The special order one I mean. What you just said sparked that thought. Thanks!

I am still trying to find a non Teva Librium. I went to a new pharmacy this month and they only  carry Teva. I want to start tapering now but really wanted to adjust to a new brand first.

Jen,

I never even asked about Librium when I went to Walgreens. I do know that people here in the US take it because I have the latest Medicare part D formulary for united Healthcare and Librium is in there.

And that pharmacy I use that has special ordered for me also said they had Librium in stock. Just never asked them which generic brand they carry.

bbmom,

I’m back on actavis also, but not for long. I’ve been switched on these generics too much and clonazepam has been kind of hard on me, but with all these generic switches (5 right now) I get worse with my voice and my general health.

I find it lasts very well for me. But lasting long enough isn’t enough if you have to keep switching generics and you just get worse with your level of fatigue and general health.

I find myself constantly upset and worried now. My pdoc said (I already knew this), that I’m becoming more sensitive “CNS wise” with each switch. It’s a huge mess, and I do blame Teva. Who in the world knows what the hell those people are doing?

I watch the stock market to see what Teva is doing, but it’s investor money they worry about and not

patients.

I don’t know if you called those phone numbers or not or if that helped. I have two different email address for Teva, but now they end up in the same spot in New Jersey. It’s like talking to a wall. My cat gives me more information than they do.

Omg intend I’m so sorry to hear you have to switch generics again. I blame teva as well!! They totally ruined my taper and set me back a whole year :( I’ve called teva atleast 20 times or more since June they all recognize me by my voice by now lol. And I always keep hearing different answers depending on who answers. I’ve spoke with their medical staff as well that they have on hand and are completely clueless. When I asked if actavis has the same absorption rate and Half life as teva they had no clue and told me to ask my doctor these questions. I’ve even contacted fda who knows about mylan and sandoz discontinuing their clonazepam, but said they had no idea teva had stopped making their clonazepam, really strange to me.

Dub,

I have called Teva so many times also as you know, and they definitely recognize my voice because I struggle to speak. And I have also called the FDA, and ending talking to a pharmacist there. She did not know how to even navigate the website so she was not aware of the Sandoz or Mylan disccontinuations. That was super frustrating.

At that time, she told me the same thing as you heard: she wasn’t aware of the Teva clonazepam discontinuation either. At that time, I just thought it was because she couldn’t navigate the website, but now I do wonder if Teva has ever reported this to the FDA which does seem like some kind of “violation.”

And yes, I do have to make another switch. My doctor is trying to help me get off this stuff so my choices around here seem to be go to accord or cross over the Valium. That visit was November 1, and my next one is December 4. He spent so much time with me while letting his other patients wait. It was mainly strategizing to figure what my options were. He said I have risks either way.

And I kind of thought that maybe crossing to Valium would give me some stability to really get going on tapering again. Last week, I had to pick up some medications for my husband at Walgreens, so I asked the pharmacy tech what their Benzo lineup looked like. She said they had Valium by Watson, clonazepam by accord, and Xanax by Teva. And Walgreens around here does special order any generic. They get what they get.

So when I got home, I called a local grocery store to see what their pharmacy had. It was Teva Valium, and accord clonazepam. And the last time I picked up my refill of Actavis, I asked the other pharmacy I use for my Benzo Rex, and they had Teva Valium and accord clonazepam. And they affirmed that they just couldn’t get the Actavis clonazepam after that. That Watson Valium kind of through me for a loop as it’s not assured that I now feel I can’t even get a consistent Valium either. By that I mean, will all these pharmacies just switch around as their wholesaler buys whatever is the cheapest.

I haven’t yet checked with all the pharmacies around here about what they have. I’m kind of fed up and feel like giving up.

We just do not have enough (if any ) oversite by the FDA of how different these different generics can be. Someone else told me to check Walmart, and I thought I’d also check Sam’s club. My husband will have to make these phone calls I guess because my voice gets very problematic unless it’s the early morning. I am so fed up with anyone saying that “these generics are all the same.”

They are not whether you take a Benzo or not. They are definitely NOT THE SAME. If people don’t notice a difference, good for them, but many do. And that’s true for any generic medication.

Dub,

I meant to post this last nite, but I was so worn out, I just stopped posting anything.

I searched all over the internet about Watson, and it seemed really confusing. All “roads” seem to lead back to Teva, but it’s also “murky.”

We know that Teva bought Actavis in @2015, but just prior to that, Allergan merged with Actavis to add a generics division to their branded medications, and then Allergan “adopted” the name Actavis LLC. And then from what I read, almost immediately right after that, Teva bought Actavis. So I’ve read different articles that are so confusing, it’s hard to put it altogether.

But I do know Watson exists, or Walgreens here wouldn’t have it as their Valium. I am just having trouble tracking all this down.

When I google “Watson lasted stock quotes,” it’s lists Allergan as the company to contact or watch on the stock market. And when I google “Watson phone number,” it shows the customer service number for Allergan. But then again, there a recent article dated in October 2018, that talks about how Watson owned by Teva is being sued by the Mississippi attorney general for overcharging the Medicaid program there

So once again, all I can really say is that Watson does exist, and the phone number for Allergan is  1-800-678-1605.

Thanks Intend, I was confused as well because after doing some searching around last night I couldn’t find Watson Valium. And couldn’t find a website or phone number for Watson either, then I learned Watson had been bought out by allergen. Glad to hear they are still making Valium even tho their owned by Allergan now. I wonder if they changed the way their tablets looked.

I am still trying to find a non Teva Librium. I went to a new pharmacy this month and they only  carry Teva. I want to start tapering now but really wanted to adjust to a new brand first.

Hey Jen, was wondering why you don’t want to taper with teva Librium, are you worried about them discontinuing their Librium? The only other generic I know of by Librium is solco, which I think must be kind of new. Since solco seems like a new company

Thank you Intend. 🙏

Dub-Dealing with Teva just makes me nervous. I don’t want to deal with a brand change again after already doing a cross over. I am starting my taper today so I guess Teva it is

For me.

Thanks Intend, I was confused as well because after doing some searching around last night I couldn’t find Watson Valium. And couldn’t find a website or phone number for Watson either, then I learned Watson had been bought out by allergen. Glad to hear they are still making Valium even tho their owned by Allergan now. I wonder if they changed the way their tablets looked.

Gads Dub,

I have no idea what those Watson tabs look like. And I’d also call Allergan at that number I gave to see if they really do make the Watson Valium.

You might have been able to find better information last nite than I did that does confirm that Allergan make Watson Valium, but I’d definitely call them first.

Gads Dub,

I have no idea what those Watson tabs look like. And I’d also call Allergan at that number I gave to see if they really do make the Watson Valium.

You might have been able to find better information last nite than I did that does confirm that Allergan make Watson Valium, but I’d definitely call them first.

And I’m adding that since the Walgreens here is currently using Watson Valium, they do not special order anything, so it could change.

I will have to check with that pharmacy I use that does special orders because right now (or the last time I asked, they had Teva on their shelves. And they use McKesson as their wholesaler/distributor, so for all I know the Teva will change also, and Watson may not use McKesson as their distributor.

I just have to say that life is hard enough, now we have to keep checking to see if our particular brand of almost any Benzo is still available.

Are these support groups the only spot in this entire bb forum that is having to do this or what? How are these other areas of bb faring as far as this problem? I could ask, but why in the world hasn’t the entire forum caught on by now?

This is a huge problem!!! I realize we have people here that are from other countries where their healthecare works differently, but this is ridiculous!

I have also wondered why we are the only ones talking about the generics changes. Weird. I know others have got to be  affected by it.

Yes it really shocks me, it’s sooo bizarre!! Teva was the most popular generic for klonopin by far! And there’s only a handful of ppl that have noticed the change on here. Me and intend were thinking about making a poll a while back to see what generics ppl are taking now.....

Just wanted to say all 5 of my meds generic brands have been changed and I think this is awful.  I am so debilitated by all these changes but money is all that matters.  My diazepam has been changed from Mylan to Teva.  Guess they get more profits from diazepam than Klonopin. 

Just wanted to say all 5 of my meds generic brands have been changed and I think this is awful.  I am so debilitated by all these changes but money is all that matters.  My diazepam has been changed from Mylan to Teva.  Guess they get more profits from diazepam than Klonopin.

Hi free.

I’m guessing you know who I am. I’ve been on this support group almost from its start, and also on the LHSG.

It seems that this one started because Teva discontinued their own clonazepam and substituted that with Actavis clonazepam.

Several years back in @2015-2016, Teva bought the Actavis company in either a merger or acquisition that involved Allergan pharmaceuticals also. I’ve spoken on the phone with Teva numerous times and also emailed them many times because I just wanted to understand what was going on.

All spring and summer of 2018, they actively promoted that Actavis clonazepam was their “official” clonazepam now.

At about the same people were also noticing that both mylan and Sandoz were discontinuing their clonazepam. And the other day, on the LHSG group, SuffereningSixty mentioned that her mylan alproazolam was being discontinued also. I do not know what generic brand she will be using now as she didn’t mention that. But she does live in Canada, so while I don’t know how their healthcare system works, it seems these discontinuations  are effecting many people.

As for me, I crossed from a generic brand of alprazolam (do not which one it was) to actavis clonazepam before the merger/aqcqusition by Teva. I had difficulty getting the Actavis consistently after that, so I was switched from actavis to Sandoz to actavis to Sandoz and back to actavis clonazepam which I’m currently taking. But on my last refill of that, the pharmacy I use told me that they would longer be able to get the actavis clonazepam.

I am also frustrated and disturbed about all these discontinuations myself, and my doctor is dismayed to the nth degree. Together we concluded that my only option now is to either try to adjust to another version of clonazepam which around here it was accord clonazepam or go to Valium.

Ive never done a CT, take no other meds like an AD; nothing else. But all those clonazepam switches have hit me hard. And going to Valium frightens me a bit.

I totally understand your distress and upset. I don’t even know how to cross over to Valium, and I don’t know how to taper it either. At this point, I don’t know anyone who can explain all these discontinuations other than to say that big pharma is doing what they need to do for their investors.

Hi Intend,  I have followed all this but haven’t really thought about it much until now.  It’s so scary when unstable and now have another thing thrown in.  I don’t know about switching k for v, I switched Ativan to v.  Did fine until 15 mg.  Now I’m so sick and bedridden.  I hope v can work for you, you have so much on your plate. My drs think I’m nuts , want me to see phychiatrist so I don’t even bother telling them about the generic changes.  Maybe I will.  Hope you get it all sorted.

free,

I’ve been immersed in this discontinuation situation for months now. I see threads in various areas of BB discussing these discontinuations and then a substitution with a supposedly equivalent but different generic brand of whatever Benzo whether it be Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin.

Just a couple weeks ago, I had to pick up my hubbys meds from Walgreens and I asked them for their Benzo lineup. They have Teva Xanax, can’t remember Ativan, accord clonazepam, and Watson Valium.

The Watson Valium caught me off guard.

DubCity and I researched that one extensively. Just another twist is a continual series of ongoing mysteries. I tracked it back to Allergan, but then there was an a 2018 article from October that said Watson was owned by Teva.

And after that, Dub and I kind of left it at that. But someone makes Watson Valium or Walgreens wouldn’t have it. Maybe I’ll pm him just to see if he found out anything else.

So, free, I know you got Cdiff or back  surgery or both (mixed up here a bit), and I’ve seen your other meds on your signature. Besides the Valium, what other meds were changed?

Not wanting to be invasive of your privacy; just wanted to know as it might help me to understand. I’m not sure what norco and soma are (pain meds?) but I recognize lisinopril as a blood pressure med. My hubby took that for quite awhile, but it made him cough constantly so the doc changed it to losartan. Where all of those changed to Teva?

No, just the Valium.  They changed the norco to Lupin Pharma, Zantac to Amneal,lisinopril to Lupin and soma, which is muscle relaxers to Venson.  I guess they get it cheaper that’s why CVS does this.  So tired of it all and yes, getting life threatening C-Diff was when they put me on Ativan, I was already on the others for spinal problems. 

free,

You could be fine with the norco and soma changes. Both me and hubby have taken generic brands for mainly dental work of some kind.

Of course, theres usually a limit on the amount which is fine because we both get nauseous pretty fast. We get through 1-2 pills and either the pain stops or we stop because of the nausea, so I have a lot of that left right now. But I guess my point is that different generic brands of norco doesn’t bother me a bit. But if you’re using a pain management doctor, i guess it could because that’s a long term situation.

Never taken and muscle relaxer. Hubby took flexeril for back spasms once. And that is prescription only that I know of.

But Zantac is OTC, so not sure why you need an Rx for that, unless it stronger than the OTC kind.

As far as cvs, they do usually do just give you what’s the cheapest because pharmacies go through wholesalers who decide what to buy according to availability and price.

And we’re just their “customers” who have nothing to say about it.

Yes the Zantac is Rx dosage.  I now only take one at night, I was taking 2 a day and it was free on my ins.  Now that I’m on Medicare I have to pay so much more fore meds, it’s criminal what they do to older people.  Medicare part D really stinks and I have to pay for it.  It was included in work ins.  I use Good RX for a lot of meds, it’s cheaper than Medicare.  Lots of meds not even covered.  Hope you figure it all out, I give up.

free,

I just got on Medicare myself. But I’ve used these part d plans for my husband for years because of his disability.

I usually just use the info at the Medicare and you handbook which has the available plans towards the back of it. And then I go the various websites or the phone number they give to find out whatever I need to know.

But you are right that some plans don’t have a particular drug you need or the cost of is prohibitive.

And even going to these different websites has become more confusing to me because it seems like every year they add something else to even get into the website. Now people have to join the website to get any information and agree to have a licensed agent call you with all of your personal info. And that means setting up another user name and password. I have so many of those already, I could just scream.

I can barely speak let alone scream, so I get my disable hubby on the phone to ask questions. He gets mixed up and confused so I often have to intervene, and they just have to put up with my whispery voice. I don’t let them get away with anything. I demand answers. I have never used Good Rx, but at my psychiatrists office, they give out those Good Rx cards for anyone who can’t afford whatever drug they need.

I’m going to do some research on various members here because I’m not sure what I’m going to do anymore. By that I mean, I look at posts from members going back to the very first post they made to see what they did. I’m not sure I fit in anywhere on BB anymore.

And I do wonder why you started having so much trouble with Valium when you hit 15 mg. I can only imagine you’d like to know that too. These kinds of problems make me wonder about taking Valium myself. I’d like to have plenty of ideas for my pdoc before I see him on December 5th. This guy knows all about benzos, and we’ve worked as co-partners for awhile now.