Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Good morning buddies

I havent been around in a few weeks..sometimes my life just gets to busy and i get distracted with so much..but i wanted to come back and check out this thread since it was time to get my script filled again of clonazepam..

For one thank you Intend for doing all these calls and research to try and figure all of this mess out..and i was hoping and praying that when i logged in that all of this would  have been sorted out..but to my horror it seems its just getting worse.

I have been lucky if you can call it that i have been able to keep getting the teva brand of k and i will get my last refill today of it then the cvs that i found that had it will be out.i get the 1mg 120 tabs a script for a month.

I am still at 2.75mgs and have been holding at that amount now for it will be almost 2 yrs after losing my mom and my son within 9 days of each other and continuing to taper after that and got so sick i almost lost my life. I had gotten from 4mgs down to 1.75 before it bit my butt big time...

I had to updose twice and got me to 2.75mgs and i started to pull out and have gotten my old life back and now i am terrified to think that they might stop making clonazepam...i have been on it for 35yrs at 4mgs and before that i was on xanax for 2 yrs 4mgs..and the doc just did a direct switch back then i stopped one and started the other the next day..

i dont take any other meds , dont drink or smoke..so i am scared of what to do..the pharmacist when i talked to her on the phone this morning told me that they had about 3 or 4 brands to choose from the 2 i recognized was accord and actavis..after the refill i got today..

so now my question what would any of you do if you were in my shoes??? I know your not doctors but i really need input and help if you were in my shoes..

The doc has always given me enough k as if i was still on the 4mgs so i could do my own thing with the taper..so i have 10 or 11 months put back..and i knew the day was coming from this thread that i was going to have to change to a different brand and was going to go with actavis but now after reading all of this and the stock with teva..i dont know what to do..i was planning on a real long slow change over to the new brand by crushing say 10 of teva and 5 of the new brand and mix them together and then just measure out my noon dose since its the only one i dont take as a whole pill and then do that for 2 weeks then keep doing more of the other until i was totally on the other brand and then start to work on the 2 whole pills slowly..

now i dont know what to do..but no one in my family wants me to try and taper again because they know how sick i was and my hubby said he couldnt take seeing me in a wheelchair and not even able to take my own shower or walk or drive ever again from me trying to get off of it..and i have to agree if i just keep being like i am i would stay at 2.75mgs for the rest of my life..and do all the things i do now..its like i have been on it so long it doesnt have an effect on me.

so if you were me would you just slowly change over to the new brand starting next month when i get my new script or would you start a slow taper and get as low as you could and try an do a slow switch also in case they stop making clonazepam at all..

i had often wondered what would happen to everyone on be it k,v, x or any of the others if they just stopped making it..i know my doc is not on board with switching me to v because it would be like 50 mgs or more and thats alot..so not sure what to do..i havent mentioned to him about the change due to the fact i havent had to see him since aug. and dont go back until the 19th of this month.

i need some help buddies..i am getting really worried and stressed about what to do..and sure wish i would have found a way to start my taper slowly again even if it was a sliver here and there so maybe i could at least have gotten to 1.5mg or something lower...i am a mess

sorry this is so long but will be watching this thread closely to see what any of you can come up with..i am in florida..and i know the pharmacist said clonazepam flies off the shelf so many people are on it here.and if i did have to go to v or x do they cover the same seizure threshold as clonazepam does? thats another of my big worries.

thanks buddies and big hugs out to all of you.

much love

deep

Deep,

I just stopped my taper after trying and failing to taper from 1 mg of K. I had been very sick with constant nausea since January and did not realize my 16 year old was sick, too, wasting away right in front of us and I didn't notice, I was just plagued with depression and anxiety from the constant nausea and taper. (We are still awaiting test results on what is going on with him).

I had tried to updose, hold, etc. was at about .36 K when I said forget it, went to .5 mg a few weeks ago and EVERYTHING is so much better now. So I am hoping to hold the dose at .5 mg for the foreseeable future. I am just too ill below .5 mg every time I tried. .5 is better than 1 mg so I figure I haven't completely lost all progress.

So my question is, do you really need to/want to taper? I remember how sick you are as I have been around here for a while. If you are doing okay on 2.75 mg, why not just sit there. I only plan to try to taper again if I am having troubles down the road.

This is just my two cents, and I know flies in the face of what this whole website is all about. But life is short, and you should not become wheelchair bound and unable to care for yourself again if you can avoid it.

I did switch to brand K and am doing fine. I do have insurance coverage for it, it runs about $37.50 a month for me.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

So my pharmacist tried to special order actavis for me to no avail. It’s not available. So I’m stuck with Accord. Just thought I would let y’all know.

Good morning buddies

I havent been around in a few weeks..sometimes my life just gets to busy and i get distracted with so much..but i wanted to come back and check out this thread since it was time to get my script filled again of clonazepam..

For one thank you Intend for doing all these calls and research to try and figure all of this mess out..and i was hoping and praying that when i logged in that all of this would  have been sorted out..but to my horror it seems its just getting worse.

I have been lucky if you can call it that i have been able to keep getting the teva brand of k and i will get my last refill today of it then the cvs that i found that had it will be out.i get the 1mg 120 tabs a script for a month.

I am still at 2.75mgs and have been holding at that amount now for it will be almost 2 yrs after losing my mom and my son within 9 days of each other and continuing to taper after that and got so sick i almost lost my life. I had gotten from 4mgs down to 1.75 before it bit my butt big time...

I had to updose twice and got me to 2.75mgs and i started to pull out and have gotten my old life back and now i am terrified to think that they might stop making clonazepam...i have been on it for 35yrs at 4mgs and before that i was on xanax for 2 yrs 4mgs..and the doc just did a direct switch back then i stopped one and started the other the next day..

i dont take any other meds , dont drink or smoke..so i am scared of what to do..the pharmacist when i talked to her on the phone this morning told me that they had about 3 or 4 brands to choose from the 2 i recognized was accord and actavis..after the refill i got today..

so now my question what would any of you do if you were in my shoes??? I know your not doctors but i really need input and help if you were in my shoes..

The doc has always given me enough k as if i was still on the 4mgs so i could do my own thing with the taper..so i have 10 or 11 months put back..and i knew the day was coming from this thread that i was going to have to change to a different brand and was going to go with actavis but now after reading all of this and the stock with teva..i dont know what to do..i was planning on a real long slow change over to the new brand by crushing say 10 of teva and 5 of the new brand and mix them together and then just measure out my noon dose since its the only one i dont take as a whole pill and then do that for 2 weeks then keep doing more of the other until i was totally on the other brand and then start to work on the 2 whole pills slowly..

now i dont know what to do..but no one in my family wants me to try and taper again because they know how sick i was and my hubby said he couldnt take seeing me in a wheelchair and not even able to take my own shower or walk or drive ever again from me trying to get off of it..and i have to agree if i just keep being like i am i would stay at 2.75mgs for the rest of my life..and do all the things i do now..its like i have been on it so long it doesnt have an effect on me.

so if you were me would you just slowly change over to the new brand starting next month when i get my new script or would you start a slow taper and get as low as you could and try an do a slow switch also in case they stop making clonazepam at all..

i had often wondered what would happen to everyone on be it k,v, x or any of the others if they just stopped making it..i know my doc is not on board with switching me to v because it would be like 50 mgs or more and thats alot..so not sure what to do..i havent mentioned to him about the change due to the fact i havent had to see him since aug. and dont go back until the 19th of this month.

i need some help buddies..i am getting really worried and stressed about what to do..and sure wish i would have found a way to start my taper slowly again even if it was a sliver here and there so maybe i could at least have gotten to 1.5mg or something lower...i am a mess

sorry this is so long but will be watching this thread closely to see what any of you can come up with..i am in florida..and i know the pharmacist said clonazepam flies off the shelf so many people are on it here.and if i did have to go to v or x do they cover the same seizure threshold as clonazepam does? thats another of my big worries.

much love

deep

Deep,

I just stopped my taper after trying and failing to taper from 1 mg of K. I had been very sick with constant nausea since January and did not realize my 16 year old was sick, too, wasting away right in front of us and I didn't notice, I was just plagued with depression and anxiety from the constant nausea and taper. (We are still awaiting test results on what is going on with him).

I had tried to updose, hold, etc. was at about .36 K when I said forget it, went to .5 mg a few weeks ago and EVERYTHING is so much better now. So I am hoping to hold the dose at .5 mg for the foreseeable future. I am just too ill below .5 mg every time I tried. .5 is better than 1 mg so I figure I haven't completely lost all progress.

So my question is, do you really need to/want to taper? I remember how sick you are as I have been around here for a while. If you are doing okay on 2.75 mg, why not just sit there. I only plan to try to taper again if I am having troubles down the road.

This is just my two cents, and I know flies in the face of what this whole website is all about. But life is short, and you should not become wheelchair bound and unable to care for yourself again if you can avoid it.

I did switch to brand K and am doing fine. I do have insurance coverage for it, it runs about $37.50 a month for me.

NJ,

I understand your feelings completely. For me, it is a different story. I started out on alprazolam and crossed over to clonazepam. It was a difficult cross, and I never felt all that well on clonazepam. And I do have my throat problems which are amplified by clonazepam. I actually feel sick on it, and after being switched to different generics 5 times, I’ve gotten sicker and sicker. I could list a bunch of problems, but it serves no purpose to do that.

I’m so glad you feel better than you did before, and I do think you made a very good decision for yourself and your family. But I am just getting worse each day on clonazepam. So I do plan on continuing to try and get off of it.

So my pharmacist tried to special order actavis for me to no avail. It’s not available. So I’m stuck with Accord. Just thought I would let y’all know.

bbmom,

I went to my doctor today, and he is very concerned about what is happening to me. He says I have risks no matter what I do. If I try Accord, I have no idea idea how it will affect me. My most problematic sx is my throat. I have a rare disorder that has been corrected by 14 surgeries on my trachea. So this is a major surgical site. And benzos always seem to affect areas of injury and surgery.

I often now feel that my throat is closing up like before. So I cannot go on like this. I have felt so much despondency over this situation that I have no words to totally express my feelings. And my doctor is now considering crossing me over to Valium or Librium. But he is worried how that will affect me also. Will it help or will it make things worse?

And after the appt., I went to the pharmacy to pick up my “probably last” fill of Actavis clonazepam. I ask the pharmacist if there was any chance that Actavis clonazepam would be available again, and he said no. So I can now say that Actavis is not available in the Salt Lake Valley or in Utah either.

I do not understand why Teva singled out clonazepam to make this change because all their other benzodiazepines seem to be there unchanged. And I know this because I have their product catalog from 2015 or 2016 on my computer, and I have there product catalog for 2018 on my iPad. This is hard to understand for me.

And I sent them an email to that effect when I got home. From what I can see, they gained nothing by changing the clonazepam, and they gained nothing by even buying the Actavis company in the first place. If I could, I would report them to the FDA. Yes, benzos can be dangerous, but companies like Teva can be also.

I do hope that accord works out for you. You are close to getting off, so hopefully this change will work fine, and you can get off clonazepam forever.

Intend I am sorry for your situation. This is exactly why I went to Librium. I like it better than Valium because of it’s minimal side effects. K withdrawal was challenging with the cross but so worth it after. So many of my symptoms are completely gone.

Just trying to find a non Teva Librium pharmacy now.

Good morning buddies

much love

deep

Hey there deep if I was in your shoes I would slowly do a crossover from teva to Brand K made by roche. That way you know you will always get the same brand and not have the pharmacy keep switching generics on you and worry about generic manufacturers going out of business or stop making K. I think it is worh the extra money if you can afford it, my doctor contacted my insurance and told them I can only take brand K and to charge me generic price. So maybe you can take to your doctor and see if they can contact your insurance. For me the Brand K is not the same as teva, but atleast I know I'll be getting the same pill every time. Just 1 less thing I have to worry about. take care

Sorry to hear that bballmom. I had a horrible experience with accord, I hope you have a good experince since we all react differently. Maybe you can do a slow crossover from actavis to accord if you have any extra actavis pills left over.

good morning

And I want to thank all of you for getting back to me.

Intend..my heart goes out to you and all you have been through to now have to be going through all of this over big pharma and the fact they dont care about any of us or the suffering people are going through. I hope you can either do a smooth switch to something else or find a brand that will always be available.

I got so upset yesterday from this that i have an SVT episode with my heart and had to get the ice packs and use my O2 meter to watch my heart rate and i couldnt get it to calm down for awhile..and between that an just regular stress in my life..i i have to make a decision on what to ask my doctor about and take it from there and go with it.

As for tapering thats something that I dont know that i will ever try again as they say if its not broken dont fix it..and i have emotions, and i fully functions 99 percent of the time and when i dont its not from the k its either from the SVT or me not doing what i need to do or doing to much and getting exhausted.

I will talk to my doctor about getting brand K but when i called the pharmacy here in florida cvs of course..they told me that to get it the cost would be either 495 or 695 a month...it might have to be written and over rode by the doctor with the insurance that i cant take a generic..but then my thoughts are how in the world do i do a cross over to brand k..i have a window like i said of about a yr..of the teva brand 1mgs..but not sure how i would do a switch over and how fast..will cross that road when i see what my doc says.

hubby says if it comes to paying the out of pocket because we cant work around the insurance and get it covered then so be it..i dont like that idea because thats alot of money a yr. but it does make you stop and think if they can make the pills all weigh the same why cant the generics all weigh the same??

you will all be in my thoughts and prayers today for an easier time today than yesterday and I will check this thread later when i get back

:hug:

deep

good morning

And I want to thank all of you for getting back to me.

Intend..my heart goes out to you and all you have been through to now have to be going through all of this over big pharma and the fact they dont care about any of us or the suffering people are going through. I hope you can either do a smooth switch to something else or find a brand that will always be available.

I got so upset yesterday from this that i have an SVT episode with my heart and had to get the ice packs and use my O2 meter to watch my heart rate and i couldnt get it to calm down for awhile..and between that an just regular stress in my life..i i have to make a decision on what to ask my doctor about and take it from there and go with it.

As for tapering thats something that I dont know that i will ever try again as they say if its not broken dont fix it..and i have emotions, and i fully functions 99 percent of the time and when i dont its not from the k its either from the SVT or me not doing what i need to do or doing to much and getting exhausted.

I will talk to my doctor about getting brand K but when i called the pharmacy here in florida cvs of course..they told me that to get it the cost would be either 495 or 695 a month...it might have to be written and over rode by the doctor with the insurance that i cant take a generic..but then my thoughts are how in the world do i do a cross over to brand k..i have a window like i said of about a yr..of the teva brand 1mgs..but not sure how i would do a switch over and how fast..will cross that road when i see what my doc says.

hubby says if it comes to paying the out of pocket because we cant work around the insurance and get it covered then so be it..i dont like that idea because thats alot of money a yr. but it does make you stop and think if they can make the pills all weigh the same why cant the generics all weigh the same??

you will all be in my thoughts and prayers today for an easier time today than yesterday and I will check this thread later when i get back

:hug:

deep

Deep,

Walmart has brand name Teva for less than CVS in my area.

Intend,

I agree that if the K is making you sick than obviously you need to get off of it! I only originally tried to taper after I ran out of pills and realized how physically dependent I was on the medication. I am happy that I am mostly able to hold to the .5 mg after being on 1 mg for several years. Ideally I would like to be off but that will need to wait until my youngest son goes off to college. He is a sophomore in HS. And I may not try even then. We will see. For now I am hoping to taper the remeron I am also on.

I don’t know anything about Par pharmaceuticals. Supposedly, the wafers by Teva are still available. It’s just whether pharmacies carry them. You can call Teva at 1-800-545-8800, but i really think those people say what Teva says to say.

It really comes down to whatever pharmacies have in stock.

The wafers themselves should be fine I think. But if you do the scale cutting, people have said they break to easily. I do liquid titration so that could work fine.

Intend- do you think that actavis will be available again soon? Did you get any of that out of Teva when you called? I found a pharmacy with actavis but it requires a new script from my doctor since I filled my prescription with Accord. This private pharmacy said they have some now but don’t know if they will have it in a month. Don’t know what to do.

If they run out then it’s to Accord anyway. Do I bite the bullet now and go forward with the Accord or try to get another script for actavis? Decisions- decisions.

Comments welcome

bbmom,

I was told by my pharmacy here in West Jordan that they were not getting anymore actavis at all. When I went to pick up my last refill of actavis, I asked them if there was any hope of getting actavis again, and both the pharmacist and the pharmacy tech said no and shook their heads.

Since then I called Teva and emailed them. I called for an investigation of this mess in the email.

When I called Teva, the customer service people said they were still shipping it out. I was pretty firmly convinced that although this might be true, we sure are not getting it here. And I’m not counting on getting actavis myself. And I’ve also called CVS, and now they’re saying they’ve never heard of actavis before.

I think those customer service people are perhaps “parroting” whatever the corporate people in Israel are telling them to say. It’s hard to get the truth from them anymore.

In your case, I’d get that prescription, get the actavis, taper as far as you can, and then go to accord.

Intend- do you think that actavis will be available again soon? Did you get any of that out of Teva when you called? I found a pharmacy with actavis but it requires a new script from my doctor since I filled my prescription with Accord. This private pharmacy said they have some now but don’t know if they will have it in a month. Don’t know what to do.

If they run out then it’s to Accord anyway. Do I bite the bullet now and go forward with the Accord or try to get another script for actavis? Decisions- decisions.

Comments welcome

I’d stick with the actavis and get a new script if If was me, I’d also ask my pdoc to give me enough for 3 months with each script so Incase there’s another back order. The generic changes really mess with my cns every time their switched around on me.

bbmom,

I’m am not disagreeing with Dub one way or the other.

I’m in Utah, he’s in California, and you’re in North Carolina.

I do not think I will be able to get actavis again here, and I do not know if actavis is available in Dubs area either. As far as Dub, I think he is brand name klononpin and is exploring other options just like I am.

I do think that all 3 of us agree that these constant generic changes are destabilizing to our CNS.

Since you live on the east coast, I live is the Midwest, and he lives on the west coast, maybe the best course of action for you is to call Teva yourself and get the current information for your area.

The phone numbers that I have are 1-888-838-2872 and 1-800-545-8800. Teva has recently moved their US headquarters to Parsippany, New Jersey which is on the east coast also.

Intend - Thank you so much for that number. I am going to call myself and see what's going on. The good news is I called my doctor and he called in the prescription early to the private pharmacy. They said they had plenty of Actavis and would hold some back for me as well. So, I'm going to ride this pony until I can't anymore and then I will deal with Accord or brand if it comes to that. Just thankful I found some more for the time being.

I feel like a drug seeker calling pharmacies, etc. Don't like it one bit.

This pharmacist seemed to think that his wholesaler could get it for him any time. I am going to talk to him when I pick it up today and will let you know what he said.

Sending healing thoughts to everyone today. We need them.  :smitten:

bbmom,

Good for you! You took matters into your own hands, and now you do have a very good chance of getting the Actavis and finishing your taper with it.

And don’t feel like a drug seeker. I’ve called plenty of pharmacies here. Getting actavis here on a reliable basis has been a problem for several years.

I’ve literally “fought” that problem ever since Teva bought the Actavis company in 2015-2016.

And a big irony for me is that we have a Teva manufacturing company right in my area that makes both Teva and Actavis.

Just found this on drugs.com.  Was this addressed on your thread yet?  Any truth to it?

BE

beckycarter 4 Oct 2018

If you are on the new "Actavis" clonazepam that was changed by Teva when they bought the Actavis company, they lowered the dose by at least half per pill and changed the time it stays in your system from 12 hours to 5 hours. If you can access someone who can count (assay) the dose of medicine in Teva's new Actavis, it would compel your doctor to increase your dose. I am going through horrible withdrawal (which I never had in 25 years on Klonopin) since Teva changed the recipe of Actavis's clonazepam. If Teva (Actavis) did change the dose per pill with out reporting it on the label, that is a criminal offense. If you can find this out it will help a lot of suffering victims of the pharmaceutical industry like me.

Just found this on drugs.com.  Was this addressed on your thread yet?  Any truth to it?

BE

beckycarter 4 Oct 2018

If you are on the new "Actavis" clonazepam that was changed by Teva when they bought the Actavis company, they lowered the dose by at least half per pill and changed the time it stays in your system from 12 hours to 5 hours. If you can access someone who can count (assay) the dose of medicine in Teva's new Actavis, it would compel your doctor to increase your dose. I am going through horrible withdrawal (which I never had in 25 years on Klonopin) since Teva changed the recipe of Actavis's clonazepam. If Teva (Actavis) did change the dose per pill with out reporting it on the label, that is a criminal offense. If you can find this out it will help a lot of suffering victims of the pharmaceutical industry like me.

Not sure if it’s true, but that’s how it felt like for me switching from teva to actavis.... felt much weaker and didn’t last nearly as long... I have tried every brand and generic of klonopin and none of them are as good or last as long as teva did. No idea what it is that make them so much Superior. The inactive ingredient povidone is what comes to mind.

Can’t wait to hear of a huge Teva lawsuit over the clonazepam, they are def doing some shady ish and not reporting it. Just look what’s happening to all the ppl that used to be on teva you will hear about it on forums all over the web.

bbmom,

I’m back on actavis also, but not for long. I’ve been switched on these generics too much and clonazepam has been kind of hard on me, but with all these generic switches (5 right now) I get worse with my voice and my general health.

I find it lasts very well for me. But lasting long enough isn’t enough if you have to keep switching generics and you just get worse with your level of fatigue and general health.

I find myself constantly upset and worried now. My pdoc said (I already knew this), that I’m becoming more sensitive “CNS wise” with each switch. It’s a huge mess, and I do blame Teva. Who in the world knows what the hell those people are doing?

I watch the stock market to see what Teva is doing, but it’s investor money they worry about and not

patients.

I don’t know if you called those phone numbers or not or if that helped. I have two different email address for Teva, but now they end up in the same spot in New Jersey. It’s like talking to a wall. My cat gives me more information than they do.

Actavis feels just like Teva to me. It sure doesn’t only last 5 hours imo. That’s just me though.

Hey bballmom! May I ask how many times a day you dose your klonopin? Tnx !

bbmom,

I’m back on actavis also, but not for long. I’ve been switched on these generics too much and clonazepam has been kind of hard on me, but with all these generic switches (5 right now) I get worse with my voice and my general health.

I find it lasts very well for me. But lasting long enough isn’t enough if you have to keep switching generics and you just get worse with your level of fatigue and general health.

I find myself constantly upset and worried now. My pdoc said (I already knew this), that I’m becoming more sensitive “CNS wise” with each switch. It’s a huge mess, and I do blame Teva. Who in the world knows what the hell those people are doing?

I watch the stock market to see what Teva is doing, but it’s investor money they worry about and not

patients.

I don’t know if you called those phone numbers or not or if that helped. I have two different email address for Teva, but now they end up in the same spot in New Jersey. It’s like talking to a wall. My cat gives me more information than they do.

Omg intend I’m so sorry to hear you have to switch generics again. I blame teva as well!! They totally ruined my taper and set me back a whole year :( I’ve called teva atleast 20 times or more since June they all recognize me by my voice by now lol. And I always keep hearing different answers depending on who answers. I’ve spoke with their medical staff as well that they have on hand and are completely clueless. When I asked if actavis has the same absorption rate and Half life as teva they had no clue and told me to ask my doctor these questions. I’ve even contacted fda who knows about mylan and sandoz discontinuing their clonazepam, but said they had no idea teva had stopped making their clonazepam, really strange to me.