Dry cutting Xanax looking for buddies

[Bn...]

What makes it even more difficult, or maybe I'm the one who's making it difficult, is that I dose in different amounts throughout the day so what dose to take the .001 from? 

Hi Lori I am really happy you are willing to take a look at using a scale or a direct liquid microtaper. The question you ask here is a good one, and I must admit I am not sure I had considered fully previously. But I think perhaps it is also good to take a step back and also question whether your 6 dose a day schedule is the best strategy. So please keep in mind I am at 4 times a day dosing and it is a little erratic. I don't want to get lost in the details of my regimen, but I have done what seems to be working best for me, but I still have doubts that I really have it right and I have a fair amount of interdose sxs  especially around two periods in the afternoon for the most part. I have been told by dme 123, who is one of the persons I have the most respect for at this board,and it is his position is that 4 even doses at 6 hours apart is the best way to go. So I may not be doing what is actually best, and it is a source of some anxiety for me

So I say this not to call into question that your present dosing scheduling is incorrect or needs to change, but just to point out that it is complicated and that we may need to reconsider the pattern we have fallen into  On the other hand if it is a longstanding pattern even dme 123 or some of the other really informed voices here might not suggest changing it even though it may not have been the best choice available originally. Hopefully this is not sounding too wishy washy, but just something to think about

OK now actually to address the question I have highlighted from you. In theory the .001 cuts would need to be reduced equally from your 6 doses and that would be a.00016 per dose reduction from each of your 6 doses. I have to admit I have never seen people talk in this small of numbers, though I have not hung out on the liquid micro taper thread. I think it is much more likely and practical to just take ..001 cut from just one of your doses from your regimen each day. Since it is such a small cut I really doubt that it would cause and interdose effect from that particular window I believe the .001 cut is just kind of seen by the brain in the cumulative effect for the day and not really intensified during any particular window. So I am pretty sure that is the way to go

I may be overly cautious in all of this because I am no expert in all of this, and I would encourage you to take this question to the microtaper thread with Builder being the 'go to' expert there who has helped so many people there with this stuff .If you want to talk to dme 123, and he is a very nice and accessible guy, you would need to go the Chewing the Fat thread, and then find the 'explaining this a lay person' sub thread

I think this really a critical time for you with these decisions. It may be that with a scale and more consistent dosing may help you stabilize a bit, but in general most of those with difficult withdrawals, especially with Xanax, seem to eventually need to go the liquid microdosing when they get down to the lower doses such as under .5 because really small amounts become crucial at that point in the taper. The point being is that if you are eventually likely going to have to be able to do a liquid micro taper you might as well start it now in terms of facing the learning curve And again, from what I have seen, a lot of people see relief from the .001 cuts much earlier in the process You could also consider PMing Suffering Sixty, who is a friend of mine here and his just made the jump to .001 microtapering with X She is super nice and knowledgeable as well You can usually find her posts on the alternative therapies thread , but if you have trouble let me know

Wishing all the best for you

Matt

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [Bn...]

• [to...]

• [Ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori,

Builder can help you if you want to do a liquid taper. People say it’s easy but I couldn’t wrap

My dog brain around it. I know that shaky feeling and how bad it is. Hold where you are till you feel

Better . I would seek out builder if you want to liquid taper. I worked with all 1 mil pills and weighed them once I got to 1.5 mil a day. If you get a scale I can help u out. Hang in there !

Hi Aries!

Unfortunately, a liquid taper is out of the question for me.  I'm having enough trouble with measuring my dry cuts.  Additionally, I looked into a compound pharmacy and although I found one willing to do it, my insurance will NOT cover it!  Over $400 per month out of pocket!  No way! 

I will try to contact Builder to help me do calculations once I get down to 2 mgs because after than, pill cutting will be challenging. 

Hope all are doing well! 

Lori

Cut to 2.5  A bit miserable. two hours of sleep last night.  Spent Friday in the ER thinking I was having an appendicitis!  CT scan, contrast, blood work, all fine.  This is ridiculous.  I'm so far inside my head that it's really prohibiting progress.  Last night and this morning I was convinced I was having a heart attach!  Tonight?  A sharp pain in my left thigh so of course is a DVT!  Fingers crossed that I'm wrong on those two!!  Definitely time to slow down! 

Lori

Breathe Lori. I’m with you. I forgot how to get in here lol. Looks like Matt helped you with numbers. Keep asking. He’s here. If you need to hold do but tapering Xanax is hard I won’t lie. But SO worth it at the end. It’s amazing. You NEED this. So for all the things you think you are dying of remember. Get it checked but we ALL feel like we will die. I did. You won’t you will feel SO MUCH BETTER OFF.

I’m so excited you are at 2.5 way to go below half. So fantastic. Keep going at your speed. Did you order a scale from amazon yet?  Don’t get frustrated. You can do it.

Kristin

Breathe Lori. I’m with you. I forgot how to get in here lol. Looks like Matt helped you with numbers. Keep asking. He’s here. If you need to hold do but tapering Xanax is hard I won’t lie. But SO worth it at the end. It’s amazing. You NEED this. So for all the things you think you are dying of remember. Get it checked but we ALL feel like we will die. I did. You won’t you will feel SO MUCH BETTER OFF.

I’m so excited you are at 2.5 way to go below half. So fantastic. Keep going at your speed. Did you order a scale from amazon yet?  Don’t get frustrated. You can do it.

Kristin

Thanks, Kristin!  2.5 was too aggressive!  I didn't sleep but two hours in two days and had a full blown panic attack.  I just went back to 2.75 today and am going to stay here for a week to stabilize.  I'm so bummed but it's better than what I was going through!  I do have a gram scale and I printed out SeakingPeace's schedule.  I'm going to follow that starting next week.  If I can, I'll go a little quicker but she seemed to do quite well with that schedule.  In fact, this time last year (as of 10/5) she was at 2.82 with a cut to 2.73 on 10/22 so I'm pretty much on target with her.  She "Jumped" on 7/30 and I'm hoping that I may be able to do it a month or so prior.  I'm also looking into the CBD for sleep.  I realized that I simply had to slow down.  Like they say, everyone is different.  I had to come to terms with it's not how fast you run, rather that you cross the finish line! 

Again, thanks for your support!  It truly means the world to me!  So happy to hear that you're doing well!  :thumbsup:

Hugs,

Lori

Hello,

I'm also dry cutting Xanax, and today has been a rough day, I want this drug out my system so bad I went too fast

on my taper, I started @ 6mg of Xanax and for some reason I was able to cut very rapidly down to 4mg without too

many problems, typical symptoms nothing too harsh, however now that I'm trying to get under 4mg its been very difficult,

I started on 5/1/18 and here is where I'm at:

5/1/2018 6mg

5/8/2018 5.5mg

5/15/2018 5.0mg

5/22/2018 4.5mg

5/29/2018 4mg

6/4/2018 3.5mg

6/6/2018 3mg (VERY POOR JUDGEMENT)

So today I plan on going back to 3.5mg and staying here for at least two weeks, since I had a very bad wave this morning by

tapering too fast, I won't go into too much detail to keep things positive on the board, however I was NOT doing well this morning at

5:30 am, however I'm alive and I will continue to fight until I get this out of my system and Life, I've already noticed moments of clarity

like a rebirth, they don't last long however it gives me encouragement that I can beat this, I have to fly to California on business next week

and this will be my biggest test, however this test will be at 3.5mg, when I return I plan on cutting to 3.25mg the week of 6/25.

God Bless ALL of you for your strength, Nothing can stop us from getting our Lives back in order.

Hi Tozz!  I just wanted to check in to see how you were.  Have you "jumped" yet?  Both Kristen and SeakingPeace are off and doing well!  I'm still hanging in there. 

I hope you're doing well!  Haven't see a post from you in awhile.

Fondly,

Lori

Lori0413 you're doing great.  I know theres contrary opinion but updosing when you you know youve cut too fast has proven very beneficial to me.  Im finally under 1 mg and feel better now than i did at 4mg.  Taking it slow is key.  I give myself a good 3 weeks in between cuts now.  My body tolerates it so much better than every 2 weks or every week.  We can do this!

• 2 weeks later...

Walleebug .75. Awesome.

Lori. Doing great. Keep doing you. Can’t wait for you to feel so much better. I’m rooting for you.

Kristin

Lori0413 you're doing great.  I know theres contrary opinion but updosing when you you know youve cut too fast has proven very beneficial to me.  Im finally under 1 mg and feel better now than i did at 4mg.  Taking it slow is key.  I give myself a good 3 weeks in between cuts now.  My body tolerates it so much better than every 2 weks or every week.  We can do this!

Thanks, Wallebug! 

I'm back at 2.5 and doing much better!  The updose helped and so far, the cut has gone much smoother this time!  To be honest, I've had a great 4 days and it has given me much needed hope and encouragement that I truly can do this. 

Thanks so much for your kind words.  We will make it through!  :thumbsup:

Fondly,

Lori

Lori0413. Im so happy to hear youre having good days.  You absolutely can do this!  Just keep listening to your body.  It really does tell you when enough is enough.  My last 3 cuts have been relatively mild.  I can honestly say that im feeling so much better with the lower doses.  I really hope the same holds true for you.  Best of luck to you.

Lori0413. Im so happy to hear youre having good days.  You absolutely can do this!  Just keep listening to your body.  It really does tell you when enough is enough.  My last 3 cuts have been relatively mild.  I can honestly say that im feeling so much better with the lower doses.  I really hope the same holds true for you.  Best of luck to you.

It is so good to read things like this--the importance of listening to your body, and the encouragement and hope that things will get better.

Thanks!! Your signature and words are encouraging! I’m planning to cut to 2.25 on Friday. I truly did stabilize on 2.5. I’ve even slept @ 7 hours per night for almost a week now!

Thanks again for your words of encouragement!

Lori

7 hours per night is amazing.  I hope you're still getting good sleep.  Im cutting down again today.  Im getting so close to the finish line.  The time change has thrown me off a bit.  Hopefully my body will adjust quickly.  I imagine a lot of other people are having issues with it as well.  Im still doing good.  Ive developed this weird vibration in my head.  Luckily its not constant and comes and goes.  Other than that I really have no major complaints.  Im feeling much more liberated and am so proud of myself for making it this far.  This time last year i would have said its impossible for me to cut back this much.  Who would have thought we could function without xanax. Lol.  I wish i could have had this knowledge years ago.  Anyway, i really hope things are going smoothly for you and I cant wait to read your success story.

7 hours per night is amazing.  I hope you're still getting good sleep.  Im cutting down again today.  Im getting so close to the finish line.  The time change has thrown me off a bit.  Hopefully my body will adjust quickly.  I imagine a lot of other people are having issues with it as well.  Im still doing good.  Ive developed this weird vibration in my head.  Luckily its not constant and comes and goes.  Other than that I really have no major complaints.  Im feeling much more liberated and am so proud of myself for making it this far.  This time last year i would have said its impossible for me to cut back this much.  Who would have thought we could function without xanax. Lol.  I wish i could have had this knowledge years ago.  Anyway, i really hope things are going smoothly for you and I cant wait to read your success story.

Way to go!! It looks like you’re making some serious progress! That’s awesome!

I definitely have symptoms. The tingling and cramping in my legs is the worst! However, I had another full day of zero symptoms! Talk about giving me hope!

And then there’s the fact that it’s 1:55 am and I’m wide awake! Ugh!  However I think it may be due to taking a 1.5 hour nap today which I haven’t been able to do for many months now. Hence, I’m probably paying the price!

On a positive note, 2.25 today!! I doubt it has anything to do with my insomnia as it simply wouldn’t hit this fast. But I’m going to just lay here awake and hope for the best :).

Hope all are doing well!! Please stay in touch!

Fondly,

Lori

Oh Lori.

I’m so excited for you. Are you at 2.25?  That’s so much lower than 6. You are almost 2/3rds done!

So excited for your freedom. Walleebug. You are almost done. Yay.

Hello, all!

Wallebug: I’m hanging in there! I had two pretty bad days of constant dizziness! Ugh. Bizarre! I went to the supermarket and the place was spinning. Truly thought I would pass out but kept plugging along! How are you feeling? You’re making incredible strides! Way to go! Please keep us posted. 

Here’s an odd one for you... I’m actually starting to feel better in the mornings BEFORE I take the Xanax. Bizarre! For example, it’s currently 9:45 am here and I haven’t taken it yet but feel great  I know I have to take my dose ASAP so as not to mess up my schedule so it will be interesting to see how I feel afterwards. I can’t help but wonder if this is some kind of sign that this drug has truly turned on me. I’ll keep you all posted on this. Again, I simply find it interesting.  I’m also curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Kristin: Thanks so much for your unwavering support!! Many hugs to you! 

I’m going to hold here at 2.25 until after Thanksgiving. Hoping to cut to 2.0 Sunday after Thanksgiving after my son goes back to college.

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy, anxiety and symptom free Thanksgiving!!

Fondly,

Lori

How are you doing now?  I just wanted to check in on you.  I hope all is well.

Hi Wallebug!

I had 5 REALLY good days.  When I say really good, I mean almost zero symptoms!  I honestly felt like "me" again!  However, I reluctantly made another cut yesterday. I say reluctantly because feeling this good was hard to let go of!  Here's to praying that this latest cut doesn't hit me to hard.  I had some encouragement from Kristin and went ahead and did it. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that all are continuing to do well!

Hugs to all!

Lori 

I hope you're still doing good.  You're going down really quickly.  I would slow up a bit if the dizziness continues.  I had a couple bad days last week but im feeling much better this week.  Its time for me to drop my dose again and i really dont want to.  I know we have to though if we're ever hoing to be done with this.  Sorry its been so long since I've checked in but the holidays have me so busy.  I am so happy that , for the most , you're doing well.  Keep in touch.

I hope you're still doing good.  You're going down really quickly.  I would slow up a bit if the dizziness continues.  I had a couple bad days last week but im feeling much better this week.  Its time for me to drop my dose again and i really dont want to.  I know we have to though if we're ever hoing to be done with this.  Sorry its been so long since I've checked in but the holidays have me so busy.  I am so happy that , for the most , you're doing well.  Keep in touch.

I did end up having quite a few bad days with the cut to 2.0. I updosed for two days, and then cut it back down to 2.0 again.  It's almost as though it hits me the exact day of the cut now and lasts a solid 7-10 days until my body adjusts.  Then I start to feel really well and dread the next cut as I don't want to give up being totally functional (and sleeping well!).  I know it's a sign of healing but the thought of a next cut is like, "Ugh!  I really don't want to do this!"  I'm going to hold at 2.0 for another week or so.  Make another smaller cut before Christmas and then hold until after the holiday.  My son is heading to London to study abroad for his Spring semester at the end of January and I'd really like to be functional while he's home for the Month!  :)

Hope you're hanging in there and doing well!  Please stay in touch! 

Fondly,

Lori

Lori

You are doing great. If you need to hold. Do not think anything of it. It’s good to hold when you need to. You are doing great don’t cut a .25 again to brutal. You got this!!

Lori

You are doing great. If you need to hold. Do not think anything of it. It’s good to hold when you need to. You are doing great don’t cut a .25 again to brutal. You got this!!

Thanks, Kristin!

For some reason this cut to 2.0 had really hit me.  Don't get me wrong, it's not unbearable but not pleasant either.  But I do understand what you were talking about many months ago that you actually felt better in some respects the lower you got.  My symptoms now are mostly physical (insomnia, tight muscles, GI issues, etc.) but almost no anxiety or panic at all.  Ironic how the latter two were my EVERYDAY symptoms while on 5-6 mgs.  Proof right there that it was this insidious drug!

I think I'm still going to hold here at 2.0 for another week, and then do much smaller cuts from this point forward. 

So glad to hear that you're doing so well!  I'll be in touch soon!

Many hugs!

Lori

Hi Walleebug

Just checking in to see how you are doing.  I made a very small cut the other day.  Still doing okay.  Symptoms are mostly physical (sleep, GI issues, constant stuffiness, etc.).  What a fun road, right?  UGH!  On the upside, I'm finally slightly below 2 mgs.  I haven't been on this low of a dose in over 10 years!  WOW!

Hope you're doing okay.  Please keep in touch.

Lori