• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [Bn...]

• [to...]

• [Ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG Bnzoh8trforever, you are doing great with your taper!!

I see that you continue lowering your dose .25 every week!

I couldn't do it that fast (I would I loved to!!) but my brain and body reacted with unbearable symptoms! So I'm moving very slowly now...

I can't believe I am low 95% of my original dose...after so MANY years!

I posted on the other thread but since most of us seem to be going back and forth, I figured I'd send along an update on this one as well....

Hello all!

I thought I'd jump in.  For those having wicked sx, you're not alone!  I think that each of us respond differently.  I made the cut to 3.5 several days ago and got totally slammed yesterday and today!  Ears clogged and ringing, shortness of breath (and holding my breath at the same time - figure that one out), tingling in feet and legs... the GI issues, memory impairment, - the list goes on.  But what's especially bad for me is the health anxiety! Every symptom has me thinking it's cancer, lung disease (smoker), cardiomyopathy, stroke, heart attack, circulation problems, .... the list is exhausting and it's exhausting me and certainly taxing on my family!

I have the spot on my stomach that I thought was a skin tag that I found around Memorial Day weekend.  Long story short, it went away and is back.  I'm now convinced that I have melanoma!  I frantically called a dermatologist this morning and they are seeing me tomorrow afternoon.  THIS is what this drug has reduced me to!  I'm beside myself!  The interdose w/d is ridiculous!  I honestly can't believe that I haven't updosed but let me tell you that I'm terrified of the next cut. 

On a positive note, I'm almost at half the dose I was on.  I have to keep telling myself that progress is progress!!!  Hang in there, everyone! 

Kristin, keep rocking it!  xco

Will keep you all posted!

Hugs to all!

Lori

Rodolfo

Not easy but I recover. So I’m continuing.

Lori

A few days ago I had a night. Lol. I had some severe anxiety. I thought I had a heart attack. Kidney failure. Liver issues omg I was a disaster. I laughed. I knew I was ok. I mean I’m toxic from benzos but I got all my checkups done in December. I’m pushing on. Stay in touch

Kristin

I am now spreading my 1mg dose out into 4 doses I preperation for a dry cut. I had been taking 1 mg for sleep for six years and ended up in the er with slurred speech and muscle weakness and numbness . . Thought I was having a stroke . . Took a . 25 dose in the am for the first time in my life and . . . Behold ! “ healthy” again . .  Not even my Gp thinks my symptoms were Xanax related but they lasted for 3 weeks ( trouble talking motor function impairment , dropping simple items ) and now that I am spreading my dose out I feel fine again .  I have an appt to get . 25 mg pills prescribed next week and I will try to start reducing my total mgs at that time . I want to be subbed to this thread to seee how you guys are doing

Wow another awesome Xanax thread It is encouraging to see so many higher does people having success I have been hit pretty hard the last couple of night with nerve pain pretty heavy burning on forehead all night as long with lots of burning on feet lower legs and some back More twitching that before as well And my new friend prostatitis is here as well Kind of a landslide in a few days. MY first appointment with what I ope is a competent psychiatrist will be Sept 13  Even with all that new stuff, I did not have any real panic last night and slept reasonably well Pretty much just as well with much lighter symptoms It i funny how much your body will allow you to sleep through if you can stay reasonably relaxed during the clear waking hours My dosage is set around.25 at 9 and again sometime around 1 or whenever I wake up The middle of the night wake up intermission has been challenging, but I think I am getting better at it I really need to find movies that help since getting up and working on computer I think is to stimulating I guess there is no topical that will help with forehead burning Some chance that some of this is my BP med since it is a side effect.

I though I wanted to stop Metopropol since I was sure it was aggravating acid reflux and am a bit scarred of acid reflux and my longtime throat problems with acid reflux I have had some swallowing issues and will get tested with a barium swallow soon But at night at lest they do not seem to be a significant issue so far Anyway yesterday I wanted to taper off of Meto so I broke the XL 500mg tab onto 3/4. I have been warned by Wife this may not be a good idea since the whole XL means  extended release and it may not be good to break it up I have been smoking cigarettes for about 3 years at around a couple packs a week so I the throat will likely heal more in the next couple of months Sure wish I had that choice back

Still possible I am on too low a dose since all kind of chaos broke out with three months of heavy opiates for kidney stone in April through June. Took slightly higher that 1 mg per day during this period I am trying to hold at .9 at this point and it has been challenging and last night was certainly a big increase in symptoms, but for one night at least I could tolerate them. If I couldn't have slept the usual feeling of roughly 4 or 5 hours of pretty out sleep and a few more hours of partial I might be feeling differently abort updosing.

I feel a little less dizzy this morning and that may be because the broken pill has reduced the Metopropol's long term effect I am going to call my GP today to try to understand whats happening and what the options are, though as usual have little confidence in his ability to understand withdrawal from BP medicine It feels a little odd to be upbeat in the face of worsening symptoms, but I pretty much knew they were coming

I am still pretty torn about a switch over to Valium at some point I know one person here felt quite a bit better after switching over I further understand many of you that remained on X alone did not have the option to crossover If any of you could comment on why you have stayed on Xanax alone, other than the 1 or two have already explained, I would appreciate it My general thought is to try to get down to about .5 and then think about switching As others have said it is all a crapshoot

P.S I am going to try to get a signature today so I stop repeating my story all the time Thanks for your patience

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations Bnzoh8trforever!!

Great achievement of yours. So wonderful accomplishment!

I guess you must be enjoying no to depend on taking that poison anymore...

Please let us know how you continue.

Rodolfo

PS/ The dependence: that is one of the reasons I hate benzo: as I have to travel abroad often for my job, during those trips I am over-concerned to carry the pills with me, checking they didn't fell down in the airport, very afraid to lose them, etc.)

Hi there. I came in here in January I think. I needed help. And a plan. I found a lady in here that was tapering from 6 mgs of Xanax dry cutting. She’s off now. I’m curious if there are any high dose Xanax users tapering. I had found a couple of people tot talk to but lost them. Xanax high dose long term folks trying to taper. Looking for ya.

Kristin

Kristin, WOW!  You are a trooper!  It's taken me 2 months to go from .5 to .29mg xanax.  You must have a high tolerance for the symptoms? 

Mighty and Many Congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have a question if you don't mind........................I've been on Xanax for 3 1/2 years at 1mg to 1.5mg. The 2 years a pretty steady 1.5 at bedtime.

You did 25% cuts..........that's amazing!............I know we're all different with our physical make ups and everything, what were you're most uncomfortable moments experiencing withdrawals?

I would like to do a drop from 1.5 to 1 1/4 but I've heard and read the nightmares of uncomfort.irritability etc and I'm still chicken and yet to me a LT is way too slow.

Again, congrats!

I did have symptoms. I do think the Xanax was hurting me pretty badly. Those weekly cuts didn’t bother me terribly bad until the end. I did have some bumpy cuts.

I am doing ok. My symptoms are not that bad still. I still love being off. Good luck everyone.

Ok. I had symptoms. After being off a week.  Oh my God I’m 50myears old and I first took this at 30. I DO feel like I have been stuck this whole time. I am free. I do have a few lingering symptoms. I found that I am totally different OFF the meds. I sound different to my family. I am different. It’s so cool and freeing.

My worst symptom is numbness. I do get over stimulated easily. I’m trying to keep my environment as calm as possible. I go to church. I do things. It’s not always easy. I am so excited to be OFF XANAX. I can deal with this numbness. Message me if your curious. Thanks all. Good luck.

PS dry cutting from Xanax can be done!  It’s not easy but it’s worth it!

Kristin That is awesome So happy for you The numbness still has a good chance of resolving over time, but glad you are ready to deal with it if it doesn't Good luck the rest of the way.

It's amazing how quickly you were able to get off this stuff with so few sxs.  I'm thrilled for you and a bit envious as well.

I hope that things continue to get better and better for you!

You truly got this!

SS

Congratulations!!!

I’m thinking of jumping tomorrow. I feel fine, the pill is so small now 🤷🏻‍♀️

Aries,

Please don't jump yet.  You are at twice my dose, and I'm not ready to jump yet.  Slow and steady wins the race.  I have observed that the last .15 is the hardest.  Think of it this way:  It will take the same amount of time to reach zero whether you jump at .22 or .04  But, if you take your time getting to .04, you will be able to handle the sx better, without risking needing to updose and retaper.  Just my thoughts.

Good luck whatever you do.

Congratulations!!!

I’m thinking of jumping tomorrow. I feel fine, the pill is so small now 🤷🏻‍♀️

Aries,

Please don't jump yet.  You are at twice my dose, and I'm not ready to jump yet.  Slow and steady wins the race.  I have observed that the last .15 is the hardest.  Think of it this way:  It will take the same amount of time to reach zero whether you jump at .22 or .04  But, if you take your time getting to .04, you will be able to handle the sx better, without risking needing to updose and retaper.  Just my thoughts.

Good luck whatever you do.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was reluctant to chime in earlier, but I too will ask you to reconsider jumping now There are many here that have done well until getting around.2 mg X, and then struggled nightly the rest of the way. Sure there are exceptions such as Kristin , but if you are feeling OK why not err on the side of caution You can reinstate if you crash , but it costs most people dearly

Aries1450

I would never tell someone to jump. That said. I’d do it over every time. I think if you are comfortable with the way you are tapering. Keep going. You are doing great. Good luck.

Aries1450

I would never tell someone to jump. That said. I’d do it over every time. I think if you are comfortable with the way you are tapering. Keep going. You are doing great. Good luck.

How are you feeling after coming off from .25 ? Can you please advise what your dosing looked like ( through out the day ) from 1 mg and down ? I am getting ready to start :/