Dry cutting Xanax looking for buddies

[Bn...]

How are you guys cutting and how do you know how much you are taking? I’m working with 1 mil tablets I feel like I’m under 1.5 right now by shaving. But not sure if I’m doing it right.

I bought a Gemini scale. My 1 mil pill weights .130. When I snap it in half that weights around .065

I shaved that .5 pill and it now weights .053

Need suggestions please!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [Bn...]

• [to...]

• [Ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Aries1450 - I started at 6mgs. Cuts were fairly easy because it was so high. I’m working with my doctor. I get .25 mg pills and .50 mg pills. I’m doing ok. Those 2 are now the only sizes I am on.

You can do it. I was taking my Xanax whenever I wanted. Drinking wine. NO ALCOHOL. Until healed.

Tozz - How are you tapering that fast. I thought my numbers were crazy. Keep in touch.

Lori - How are you. Miss you. Please pm me.

Kristin

Hi Kristin,

Yes I've been tapering very fast, by watching everything that I eat or drink, I've completely cut the following things from my diet:

No Alcohol

No Caffiene

No Sugar

No Processed Foods

No Gluten

No MSG

Basically anything that excites the CNS, I've eliminated, this most likely has helped me more than I can measure.

Now that I'm down to 1.5mg / day, I will be taking it very slowly and try to cut .125mg every 7 days depending

on work and my stress levels, you know?

Stay in Contact !

Kindest Regards

Tozz

Hi Tozz

I’m a fairly healthy eater. I didn’t stop coffee. What I did was cut down to a half a cup. When I tried to stop completely it hurt my head.

No sugars.  No msg. No supplements. No vitamins. No ALCOHOL. That one snuck up on me. I seriously didn’t know how bad alcohol was until prior to tapering. I quit before. I love wine. Lol. None since February.

Good to know you have to make smaller cuts. My doctor thought I could keep the .25 pac up to the end. I had serious doubts. And I want off this stuff bad. Not bad enough to hurt myself.

Keep in touch.

Kristin.

:)I am trying. And your stories are so helpful. I am 4 days into the cut from .75 to .50 and it has been brutal. Can't eat. Can't  sleep. Constant palpitations and anxiety through the roof. Going to stay at this level until stability arrives. Then after that might have to taper slower. Maybe to .40, but if I do I don't think I can dry cut accurately. Anyone with similar symptoms?

Very similar situation. 7+ years on Xanax. Started at .25mg, highest dose was 4mg. Recently started my taper from 1mg. The cut to .75 was a struggle. I went up and down to 1mg for a few months and was finally able to stay at .75mg for 2 weeks. I then cut to .5mg after 2 weeks and am on day 6. Living nightmare! On this 6th day, I cut .25mg in half and added to my dose. So I’m not quite back to .75, but a bit over .5. I found today more tolerable as I was finally able to leave the house after 5 days in bed. I plan to stay here for a while in hopes I stabilize. Next cut will be to .5mg. I’m terrified these symptoms won’t pass and I’ll be stuck inside for weeks/months.

Kristin, thank you! It’s amazing to see the mind set I was in two weeks ago. Panicked to say the least.

I’m in a better mind frame and cutting 10% a week and shockingly enough I feel pretty good!

I found that the more I think about the cut the more I freaked out. I also cut alcohol and caffeine and I feel so much better.

Great job everyone, stay positive ❤️ It’s almost over

Want to help & compare notes.I've been on a dry cut taper from 4mg zanax (new 4 months now) but I'm new & still tryig to figure this board outld man)lIl! have much to talk about soon as I figure out how this works ....sorry

I found as many people as I could and compared notes. Xanax is so difficult due to the short life in the blood. I was taking my Xanax at night only before. I started at 6 mgs. I decided it might be easier for me to spread the doses out. I dose 4 times a day. I am now st 1.75 mgs.

In another note. My husband isn’t supportive AT ALL. We got into a fight yesterday. He wants a divorce. Left our home to go backpacking. He might be home tomorrow and he left screaming yesterday. So that’s super stressful I made a cut today anyway. As I feel if I may be getting a divorce. I need off.

Anyway. Wish we luck.

Kristin

I found as many people as I could and compared notes. Xanax is so difficult due to the short life in the blood. I was taking my Xanax at night only before. I started at 6 mgs. I decided it might be easier for me to spread the doses out. I dose 4 times a day. I am now st 1.75 mgs.

In another note. My husband isn’t supportive AT ALL. We got into a fight yesterday. He wants a divorce. Left our home to go backpacking. He might be home tomorrow and he left screaming yesterday. So that’s super stressful I made a cut today anyway. As I feel if I may be getting a divorce. I need off.

Anyway. Wish we luck.

Kristin

Hi Kristin,

Wishing you all of the Best and Many Prayers your way, please stay in contact, congrats on the cut to 1.75 !!

Kindest Regards

Tozz

Wow Tozz. You are doing good. Sorry I put that out there. I’m scared. It’s not helpful to my taper that my husband has anger issues.

You are at a really low dose. How are you tolerating that. I need off due to my circumstances.

Thanks for the replay. Good luck.

Kristin

Hi Kristin,

I made the 1.5mg to 1.375mg cut, it was not easy, I feel that I'm at the point where I need to

hold for a while, as you know I've rapid tapered down over the past two months and I feel that I need to

really stabilize, I know that I keep saying this, however this time it's for real, I need to get off Xanax

as quick as possible, I was at the point where it was taking away my joy in life, and effecting my performance

at work, I need to get off this drug ASAP, however I need to keep up with all of my responsibilities on time, so this

is my challenge, Kristin here is my current dose schedule: .375mg ( a .25mg and then I break a .25mg in half or .125mg)

at 7:00am, a .25mg tab at 12:00pm (noon), a .25mg tab at 5:00pm, then a .5mg tab at 10:00pm, this is working for

me at this time, my next cut whenever I feel that I'm ready will be to cut the morning dose to a .25mg, then to slowly cut the 10:00pm

dose from .5mg to .375mg then to .25mg which will put me at 1mg / day, this is my short term goal over the next 4-8 weeks.

I will begin to take micro cuts soon using a scale to attempt to avoid the worst of the symptoms. (I hope and pray)

If anyone has any suggestions or helpful information, it is always appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Tozz

I am reaching the end of this, and I am actually finding that by the time I am down to 1/4 of the .25 pill .0625, I can just eliminate that dose after a week or two. Don’t worry about the very end - may not be as horrible as some people might say. Everyone is different and I may just be lucky lol! 

If it continues to go this smooth I will be off in 3 weeks. That is really hard to fathom after what seems like the slowest taper ever. If things ramp up I will slow my taper, no big deal. I will listen to what my body says is ok.

I am reaching the end of this, and I am actually finding that by the time I am down to 1/4 of the .25 pill .0625, I can just eliminate that dose after a week or two. Don’t worry about the very end - may not be as horrible as some people might say. Everyone is different and I may just be lucky lol! 

If it continues to go this smooth I will be off in 3 weeks. That is really hard to fathom after what seems like the slowest taper ever. If things ramp up I will slow my taper, no big deal. I will listen to what my body says is ok.

Hello Seakingpeace1,

Many Congratulations Really the long road is almost over for you.

I'm now where you were in January and it seems that I'll never get off this

med., however I read your story and it inspired me to keep going !

Can I ask; did you ever start weighing your cuts or did you just cut??

How are your symptoms now ?

Please keep in contact, your an inspiration for me as you were able to work

through this entire taper process, Bless You !!

Kindest Regards

Tozz

Wow speakingpeace. So cool. I am so glad to hear it’s not going so badly. 3 weeks. I can’t wait to hear. Please post updates when you can. I’m so excited for you.

Tozz. Me too. I need off this Xanax so badly. I hate Xanax. That said. You are doing great. I hope you keep posting. I’m at 1.75 mgs today. I wish I was done. I’m still cutting.

Thanks for posting

Kristin

You're all doing fantastic!  Unfortunately I'm way behind! Just please don't leave me when you guys jump!  :-[. I'm going to need you!!!

Lori

Here we go!! Cut day! 3.75 mgs today. Hoping to hold at this for 10 day. Praying for the best!!!

Lori

Here we go!! Cut day! 3.75 mgs today. Hoping to hold at this for 10 day. Praying for the best!!!

Lori

Awesome Lori !!

I do have some information that I wanted to share with everyone, I heard that if you keep your cuts

to the equivalent of about 1mg of Valium that this will lesson the effects of the taper?

So here is what I tried this morning, I used a pill cuter and cut a .25mg tab of Xanax in half then

cut the tab again in half or .0625mg of Xanax and cut my morning dose by that much, and the results were

very good today for me I was able to cut my dose without feeling any effects, so I plan on cutting

my dose by .0625mg / week until I taper off, this is roughly equal to about 1.25mg of Valium.

I can tell you that this was the easiest cut I've experienced by far 1/4 of a .25mg tab of Xanax, just thought I would

share this with everyone since we are all suffering so badly with the tapering, I do realize that this is not a perfect solution

just thought I would try this for about 4 weeks. (every 4 weeks I will cut my dose by .25mg using this method)

Kindest Regards

Tozz

Thanks Tozz. Good to know you’ve done that. At what dose did this get harde for you?  I’m closing in on that number at 1.75 mgs.

Thanks. Good luck.

Kristin

Hi Kristin

With me getting below 1.5mg / day was very difficult, I tried to cut to 1.25mg and I was not able to hold, so I increased

to 1.375 and with some pain I was able to get through it, so the smaller cut yesterday worked very well, now next Monday I will cut my

night time dose by .063mg, this will hopefully put me back at 1.25mg.

As I dose down the cuts are a much larger percentage of my daily dose, and I believe that I'm starting to feel it, as long as I'm cutting

dose I know that I'm moving in the right direction, I guess the tortoise does win the race :)

Kindest Regards

Tozz

I’m just a bit behind you. So I guess I’ll find out. My next one takes me to 1.5 mgs. Not sure if I can maintain those .25 cuts. Might have to do what you did.

Keep in touch.

Kristin

Hello,

I'm also dry cutting Xanax, and today has been a rough day, I want this drug out my system so bad I went too fast

on my taper, I started @ 6mg of Xanax and for some reason I was able to cut very rapidly down to 4mg without too

many problems, typical symptoms nothing too harsh, however now that I'm trying to get under 4mg its been very difficult,

I started on 5/1/18 and here is where I'm at:

5/1/2018 6mg

5/8/2018 5.5mg

5/15/2018 5.0mg

5/22/2018 4.5mg

5/29/2018 4mg

6/4/2018 3.5mg

6/6/2018 3mg (VERY POOR JUDGEMENT)

So today I plan on going back to 3.5mg and staying here for at least two weeks, since I had a very bad wave this morning by

tapering too fast, I won't go into too much detail to keep things positive on the board, however I was NOT doing well this morning at

5:30 am, however I'm alive and I will continue to fight until I get this out of my system and Life, I've already noticed moments of clarity

like a rebirth, they don't last long however it gives me encouragement that I can beat this, I have to fly to California on business next week

and this will be my biggest test, however this test will be at 3.5mg, when I return I plan on cutting to 3.25mg the week of 6/25.

God Bless ALL of you for your strength, Nothing can stop us from getting our Lives back in order.

Hi,

I can tell you why.. I found this out in a book I read by Dr Stuart Shipko called Xanax withdrawal. He states in his book that people in the 6 to 8 mgs range can usually take a substantial first cut with little to no symptoms and people in the 3 to 5 mg range can as well. This was my case as I tapered  from 3 to 2 without any symptoms at all. I thought this is easy.. But then the storm hit when I cut down from the 2..OMG DID I SUFFER!! I'm holding now for past 4 weeks and feel much better but not 100%.

Hope this explains that for you, you can find his book on Amazon if you want to read it.

Trish

I am making another .25 cut today. Puts me at 1.5 mgs. I’m going to a rodeo. Good luck fellow warriors.

Kristin

Great cutting everyone!  Tozz no I never weighed my cuts - just went for it. The cuts even each other over the day. Kristen - you are doing awesome - I was not able to make that large of cuts.

I have also found the tiny quarter of a .25 pill cuts fairly easy to tolerate. It just takes a lot more time.