Dry cutting Xanax looking for buddies

[Bn...]

I know you didn’t ask me but I dose at night, once a day. I weighed my pill then shaved 10-15% cut, reweighed and did that’s every week

You never feel inter dose withdrawal sympotoms with only one nightly dose ?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [Bn...]

• [to...]

• [Ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you didn’t ask me but I dose at night, once a day. I weighed my pill then shaved 10-15% cut, reweighed and did that’s every week

Hi Aries,

Did you ever dose more than once a day, meaning you were having interdose w/d?

Just interested in how everyone is doing it with Xanax.

thanks

SS

I generally always dosed at night, unless I had a bad day. Looking back on the last 5 years I didn’t realize why I always felt so terrible during the day. I’m glad I tapered off of this med, best decision I’ve ever made

Good luck!

I generally always dosed at night, unless I had a bad day. Looking back on the last 5 years I didn’t realize why I always felt so terrible during the day. I’m glad I tapered off of this med, best decision I’ve ever made

Good luck!

So good that you didn't get bad interdose w/d.... I know that feeling bad in the day may have been part of them, but I do think it's a tad easier if our body hasn't gone into full crisis mode in that way....  not saying it's easy by any means -- you show great grit with your taper schedule....

We'll all get there! Of that I am sure....

thanks

SS

Good luck!

Hi Aries,

Your signature shows a steady low-dose taper from July.  You probably could have jumped earlier than you did.  Were you experiencing symptoms all the way until you jumped?  What was that like?  I'm experiencing more symptoms than ever down at only .09 mg Xanax a day.  Just wondering when this will end?  Thanks.

Checking in.  :) 

Well, I finally did the cut to 3.0 mgs!  Woo-hoo!  So far, I'm doing okay.  No increase or decrease in side effects.  I honestly can't believe that I'm at half my starting dose albeit it's taken me quite awhile to get here.  I printed out SeakingPeaces's taper and am going to attempt to follow it from this point forward. 

I have a wedding on the 14th which unfortunately, even though it's my beautiful god-daughter, I'm not doing very well in crowds and high stimulating situations.  I know you're not supposed to drink at all but I'll probably end up having one or two glasses of wine.  I know, not smart.  But heck, I drank socially for decades on this stuff!  However, I'm planning to do another cut on the 9th.  As of that point, zero alcohol for a very long time! 

For as much as I'm still stressing about how the remainder of this taper is going to be, and the healing afterwards, I have hope! 

I hope all are doing well!  Has anyone heard from SeakingPeace?  I wonder how she's fairing.  My thought is that since she hasn't posted, she must be doing well?  And I did hear from Kristin!  So far, so good!  Soooooo happy for her!  :)

Fondly,

Lori

You are doing great Lori!

Thanks, Aries!!

Just looking at your signature. You jumped! Woo-hoo!  How are you feeling? I hope all is great! Please keep me posted. I truly need to keep hearing positive things about the dreaded end of this road.

Wishing you all the best!

Fondly,

Lori

Lori,

I feel pretty good! Some minor symptoms here and there but it’s so minimal. I’m shocked how decent I feel. Keep going...even when it’s hard just remember it’s almost over and you WILL feel better

Lori,

I feel pretty good! Some minor symptoms here and there but it’s so minimal. I’m shocked how decent I feel. Keep going...even when it’s hard just remember it’s almost over and you WILL feel better

THANK YOU!  I needed to hear that!  So happy for you and I pray that in several months I'll be telling someone else the same exact thing!  :thumbsup:

Fondly,

Lori

Lori you are at 3!  Awesome. So happy for you.

Aries you JUMPED. Awesome job.

Keep in touch Lori

Thanks, Kristin!  I remember you telling me that I'll be celebrating when I'm at the halfway mark!  :)  I do have to keep reminding myself that this, in and of itself, is an accomplishment!  Thanks again for checking in on me!  And I'm beyond elated to hear that you're feeling well!  I can't wait to celebrate along side of you in several months!  Don't we have a Vegas trip to plan at the point?  LOL!

Stay in touch.

Lori

xo

i am also looking for help from someone who has the time to explain how to taper.

I bought a scale that i dont understand. I cant liquid taper because i dont understand the math

I tried to cut the pill in 4ths and get rid of a forth at a time  . I got down to 1/4 and was a mess no sleep for 3 weeks could not sit still thought I would loose my mind. Went back to regular dose. Now having problems in between doses. Will we ever be ok . Normal again.

best

• 2 weeks later...

Tech, what mil are you on? I dry cut my entire time

Aries,

Would you mind writing how often and at what milligram you dosed?  I'm a bit lost (mostly because by brain is somewhat fried) on how to to the cuts.  I printed out SeakingPeace's schedule (I wonder how she's doing?  I sent here a PM but no response) in order to try to follow her taper as she jumped on July 30th of this year and had been on the same dose as me.  When someone writes in their signature that they are at 2.48 mgs, I can't seem to wrap my head around the math and how many times they are dosing and at what milligram.  I know, Benzo brain! :)

Lori

Hi Lori Sorry to hear you are having some struggles I looked at Seekingpeace's taper and it looks like she was around 3 percent a week, slightly less even, when she was around 2.75mg's around. A 10 percent is of course  just moving the decimal one place to the left So a ten percent cut is .275. So you take

=2.575

The trick I like to use if yo u want to figure other percentages between 1 and ten is this

Say you want to figure a 4 percent cut. In this case figure out what a one percent cut is by moving the decimal point two places to the left

So again with 2.75 you move two decimal points to the left to figure what one percent is then you have this

When you have one percent then you can just multiply by 4 to figure what a 4 percent cut is

.027 X 4 = ,11 Multiply fractions is complicated but if you use an online calculator it is pretty easy

There are more straightforward and simpler ways, but always like to just use this simple trick of figuring what wither 1 or 10 percent is of any number as any easy way to figure the other percentage

Hopefully this is not more confusing It is not the proper way of of calculating a fraction, but it always made me more sure of myself when I doubted whether I was making a mistake

Hi Lori Sorry to hear you are having some struggles I looked at Seekingpeace's taper and it looks like she was around 3 percent a week, slightly less even, when she was around 2.75mg's around. A 10 percent is of course  just moving the decimal one place to the left So a ten percent cut is .275. So you take

=2.575

The trick I like to use if yo u want to figure other percentages between 1 and ten is this

Say you want to figure a 4 percent cut. In this case figure out what a one percent cut is by moving the decimal point two places to the left

So again with 2.75 you move two decimal points to the left to figure what one percent is then you have this

When you have one percent then you can just multiply by 4 to figure what a 4 percent cut is

.027 X 4 = ,11 Multiply fractions is complicated but if you use an online calculator it is pretty easy

There are more straightforward and simpler ways, but always like to just use this simple trick of figuring what wither 1 or 10 percent is of any number as any easy way to figure the other percentage

Hopefully this is not more confusing It is not the proper way of of calculating a fraction, but it always made me more sure of myself when I doubted whether I was making a mistake

Thanks, Matt!

I printed out what you wrote.  My foggy brain is still trying to figure it out.  I couldn't use the spreadsheet that someone posted as it was too confusing since my dosing is around 6 times per day at different amounts.  I do .5's and .25's and then 1 mg before bed which in two weeks will be cut to .75.  I realize that at some point in the near future I may need to use a scale which scares me!  Right now it's easy cutting the 1 mg tablets in half and then halving those for the .25.  Well, I think it's easy but not sure it's 100% accurate!  UGH!

Hanging in there!  How are you?

Lori

Lori

Lmk if you need help

Aries,

See what I wrote to Matt above.  I'm probably doing this all wrong!  But at least I'm doing it, right?  :)  I can't stand the feeling of my insides shaking!  If someone looked at me they'd see nothing!  I look completely normal.  But on the inside?  Holy cow!  And since the last cut, my sleep as really been affected.  Some days are better than others but the thought of doing this for 8 or so more months and that it could get much worse is disheartening! 

Lori

Lori

Hi Lori Glad you found what I wrote was not just nonsense. I am not sure it is helpful for others because like I say it is not the standard mathematical approach, but it is easier for some people.

Yes at some point you will either need to decide to go with a scale method or a liquid taper. Apparently there are some pharmacies that will make a liquid preparation for you , but I never really looked into it much so far. Then of course you can do it yourself with the help of Jim Hawk and builder. I think you understand the idea of the liquid micro taper and cutting something like .001 mg per day Personally I think you should really consider that if you are having a tough time. Lots of people that were having big problems with cut and hold did much better with an LMT,liquid micro taper, method

Once you start using a scale I think you would be surprised how inefficient the eyeballing method is It is certainly not making things easier for you

My major problem is with an acid reflux condition I have had for years. It basically makes my throat really tight and trouble swallowing my saliva sometimes. I lost a lot of weight trying to eat anti acid diets , but recently went back to eating lots of sherbet to gain some weight back Worried me that I might have had cancer with the unexplained weight loss, but it seems it was just the diet. However I think that has worsened the reflux and now I have all kinds of chest pain that I am sure is reflux related. I am just trying to hold onto the idea that finishing the taper and continuing to work on the diet and lifestyle can make it better eventually But I am also working on the idea on just being happy to believe alive even with a relatively low quality of life

I am not sure if Kristin needed to walk away, but I hope you can continue to get support here

Best thoughts

Matt

Lori,

Builder can help you if you want to do a liquid taper. People say it’s easy but I couldn’t wrap

My dog brain around it. I know that shaky feeling and how bad it is. Hold where you are till you feel

Better . I would seek out builder if you want to liquid taper. I worked with all 1 mil pills and weighed them once I got to 1.5 mil a day. If you get a scale I can help u out. Hang in there !

Lori and if you were to to go for a micro taper at .001 per day that would be 275 days from where you are at.

Thanks, Matt!  I simply have to figure out the scale, the math, etc.  Up until now I've just been pill cutting in halves and quarters. to do a .001 cut per day (which would probably be much easier on my system and take no longer than the method I've printed out which was SeakingPeace's schedule), it would take weighing pills every single day!  UGH!  I'm not sure that I have the mental stamina for that.  I guess I could sit and do a full weeks worth (I do have a pill box) and go from there.  What makes it even more difficult, or maybe I'm the one who's making it difficult, is that I dose in different amounts throughout the day so what dose to take the .001 from?  It really does stink being on such a short acting benzo like Xanax!  However, I simply can't do a crossover. 

Going to attempt sleep right now - which has not been easy!

Thanks again for taking the time to look at my signature and calculate the days for me!  I truly appreciate it!  :thumbsup:

Fondly,

Lori