Dry cutting Xanax looking for buddies

[Bn...]

Hello all. This looks like a very small group but I would like to join. I began an Ativan taper of 4mg last March 31, 2019. I take it solely for sleep and been with the fantastic Ativan support group here the entire time, I am now down to 0.16mg which means I have reduced about 96.2% overly nearly a year. I am very happy about that. My entire goal throughout this taper was 100% to preserve my sleep and I have so far and do not know how I did it.

I also take 1 mg of Xanax about 45 minutes before the Ativan, to help it to kick in and make the Ativan work better. Now I am at a quandary. I don't know whether I should begin a micro taper of Xanax too. It really makes no sense to me to be totally off Ativan and expect to sleep on 1 mg of Xanax. My psych doc is good but he knows ZERO about tapering. I get all my tapering info here. So I look forward to being here and learning. Thanks. Powerball.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [Bn...]

• [to...]

• [Ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
I went from taking 4mg a day of XR Xanax and went to 1mg in the am and 1 mg in the pm. I don’t recommend cutting it as fast. It has been nearly a month and it’s been really bad. Mood swings, no appetite and depression. Start slowly and start with a plan.