2018 Jump Squad

[kp...]

fer, you are going to be fine. Focus on mini-goals, getting past this bad wave even if it is an hour at a time.

You can do this!

Thanks TooManyBennies! This is tough, but it has to be done

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [fe...]

• [To...]

• [Et...]

• [kp...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ethan, sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on here much. I'm so so very tired... I think I have aged 10 million years.  :sick:

I was pretty shocked to hear of that time frame!!! :o Hope your recovery continues as smoothly as it has begun, and that the worst is behind you.

Dad24boys, welcome to the thread. I hope your ride will be as smooth as possible.

Fer, I'm sorry to hear about your setback. But, don't worry, taking a rescue dose won't ruin everything. There are many ppl that take the occasional rescue dose after jumping. I too was tempted, I felt like I couldn't make it, so I understand where you are coming from. Just try to take each day at a time, and distract yourself as much as possible. Is there anything you can do for fun? I watch Disney movies and cooking videos on youtube.  :)

Fer, I'm sorry to hear about your setback. But, don't worry, taking a rescue dose won't ruin everything. There are many ppl that take the occasional rescue dose after jumping. I too was tempted, I felt like I couldn't make it, so I understand where you are coming from. Just try to take each day at a time, and distract yourself as much as possible. Is there anything you can do for fun? I watch Disney movies and cooking videos on youtube.  :)

Hi new0girl:

I am mostly an anxious person. I think my main problem now are psychological issues, which I find hard to control. I really do not have most physical issues because I only was on 0.5mg of clonazepam for 3 months and then I started to taper. I see that when nights are approaching I start to feel anxious about not being able to sleep.

Last night I took 25mg of doxylamine (Unisom) but it made little to my sleep issue. I felt asleep by 1am I think and only by 1.5 hours. Then I woke up for an hour and went back to sleep for 2 hours. Today I have been groggy all day. Doxylamine makes me feel drowsy the next day.

Today I am going to try to sleep without any help, only maybe chamomile infusion  or something like that.

Congrats to all of you that have jumped in 2018! That is a huge achievement. You can add my name to the club, today is day 1:) I'm still battling some minimal symptoms (bearable right now) but a feeling of happiness came over me today knowing Clonazepam will no longer be apart of my life. This is a long and difficult journey for all of us here and I wish you all total and complete success. Keep your heads up, we all got this:)

Newlife, welcome to the squad! You tapered like a champ. 8) Like you I am also taking antacids and it's the only pill I take, hopefully I'll be off them soon.

Newgirl, glad you are hanging in there.  :thumbsup: We are in the middle of the storm, if we just make it to the end of the month we're past the worst. In my bad days I also stay in bed watching TV, it's a great idea to look for Disney movies, I'm going to use that one; in December I saw all the Christmas romantic comedies I could find, anything else had too much emotional charge and revved me up. I can barely watch regular TV unless it's recorded, too many adds of illnesses and such.  :idiot:

Fer, I am the self proclaimed ambassador of Anxious city, all along my taper I felt all my demons come out to play and test me in the worst way possible. Psychological issues is my battleground every day, the physical ones are easier to handle. Hang in there, we'll make it to the light!

Hi Squad:

An update: yesterday I was laying in bed in the morning with a grogginess sensation maybe due to doxylamine. In the afternoon I decided to go for a walk in the park, and that puts me in a good mood. by the end of the day I was optimistic, and ..hungry...lol. I made my dinner, eat, and went to bed. I slept for 6 hours (with 2-4 awakenings) without any sleep aid . I consider this as a little improvement.

I was expecting a better day today..but..now I am feeling a bit depressed and some anxiety. Is this "normal"??

Thanks

Glad you had a good afternoon yesterday Fer  :thumbsup: It's totally normal  and I think it's quiet around here as we are in the hardest part; for me day 12 is right where it hit me the last couple of cuts, I've been struggling but in my normal levels, I tried hanging around the success stories in the morning but it's a hit or miss, so many possible outcomes. Stay strong, we'll make it!

Glad you had a good afternoon yesterday Fer  :thumbsup: It's totally normal  and I think it's quiet around here as we are in the hardest part; for me day 12 is right where it hit me the last couple of cuts, I've been struggling but in my normal levels, I tried hanging around the success stories in the morning but it's a hit or miss, so many possible outcomes. Stay strong, we'll make it!

Thanks Ethan! I try to stay as optimistic as I can. And Trying to see the positive things that are happening with me.

yess.. we'll make it!!

Hi Squad:

An update: yesterday I was laying in bed in the morning with a grogginess sensation maybe due to doxylamine. In the afternoon I decided to go for a walk in the park, and that puts me in a good mood. by the end of the day I was optimistic, and ..hungry...lol. I made my dinner, eat, and went to bed. I slept for 6 hours (with 2-4 awakenings) without any sleep aid . I consider this as a little improvement.

I was expecting a better day today..but..now I am feeling a bit depressed and some anxiety. Is this "normal"??

Thanks

fer, great news - I think you did the right thing taking a walk. Look what good it did for you - good mood, optimism, appetite.

Any improvement in sleep will positively affect everything you do the next day, so that is also something to feel very good about.

I think that your drop off (depression, anxiety) shows that it takes persistence and consistency in terms of activities and distractions to keep from falling into the pit where your mind just starts rattling off all kinds of anxious thoughts.

Stay active doing positive things.

Tomorrow is my last dose and then Sunday I will have jumped. Not a big jump because I have tapered so gradually that I am at only one hundreth of a milligram of lorazepam.

Be well.

Ethan, sorry your struggling. You definitely have the right attitude, so things are going to work out fine!

fer, great news - I think you did the right thing taking a walk. Look what good it did for you - good mood, optimism, appetite.

Any improvement in sleep will positively affect everything you do the next day, so that is also something to feel very good about.

I think that your drop off (depression, anxiety) shows that it takes persistence and consistency in terms of activities and distractions to keep from falling into the pit where your mind just starts rattling off all kinds of anxious thoughts.

Stay active doing positive things.

Tomorrow is my last dose and then Sunday I will have jumped. Not a big jump because I have tapered so gradually that I am at only one hundredth of a milligram of lorazepam.

Be well.

Hi TooManyBennies:

Thanks for your response. Today I went to the park and walked 20 minutes. I returned to my house with some anxious feeling. But late in the evening I was feeling calmed. I think I am going to do this on a daily manner. By 8:00pm I was starting to feel depressed and I turned the radio on and put some swing music and forced myself to dance. After 10-15 minutes my thoughts were totally different, less depressive. You are right! Normally when depressive thoughts come I go to my bed..not this time...

I am not sure if this is going to work always, but at least..today it did the job.

Hope the best for your jump...Good Luck!!

Struggling big time today.... seems like every day is worse and worse. I’m three weeks out and I woke up today even worse than yesterday.  Depression, anxiety, legs feel weird, chest pain, bad thoughts and I’m honestly convinced I’m not healing and never will. I ordered cbd oil but it hasn’t come yet.

Is it normal to feel worse?! I thought the worst was over.

Struggling big time today.... seems like every day is worse and worse. I’m three weeks out and I woke up today even worse than yesterday.  Depression, anxiety, legs feel weird, chest pain, bad thoughts and I’m honestly convinced I’m not healing and never will. I ordered cbd oil but it hasn’t come yet.

Is it normal to feel worse?! I thought the worst was over.

Dad, did you jump from too high? Can't tell from your sig where you were when you jumped off 3 weeks ago.

Going through the roughest days will sure make you feel like it is never going to get better, but there are so many testimonials that say that if you power through that healing will happen. But it will take time and it will probably feel like forever. Unfortunately, as we all have differing genetics and history, no rules of thumb on what's normal in terms of time and severity.

Really a shit sandwich of choices: go back on the poison and probably not find relief -- but create another cliff to climb down from; or enduring the pain and suffering until it gets better which (almost) everybody says it will.

I really hope you can hang in there and get past this.

Revising the signature of Dad..I see in mid October , he was on 0.630mg of K..that is pretty much a high dose and considering it is just 3 months apart from today I think that is the main problem...a very high dose at jumping date.

Dad24boys jumped from 0.03mg of klonopin. 2-3 weeks after jumping isnt typically when things get better for most people. This is a long long process and symptoms can even peak 4-6 weeks out. I havent had any new symptoms since jumping 13 days ago but it doesnt mean im in the clear. Try to take it one day at a time and dont put a timeframe on your recovery. If you recover faster, awesome! But if you arent recovered after a specific timeframe, you will just be disappointing yourself. Praying and hoping the best for you all  :smitten:

Dad24boys, .630 in October and jumping at .03 Christmas does seem a bit fast for the taper but here we are, you have jumped and have already 3 weeks down in your recovery. Time is the true healer, the first 3 weeks are the hardest IME but if you make it past the hump of the 1 month mark you should start seeing relief. Remember it's like Changes says, it's the "ebb and flow" pattern, the tide may be pulling you in hard but you will get the relief soon. The hard times is when the healing happens, in the windows we get the results. Stay strong, the only way out is through.

Glad you are feeling OK Kpinsurvivor!

How's everybody else doing? I've been super busy and it seems to be helping, still many symptoms, but nothing overwhelming.

Me too , I think that going down from 0.630mg of K to 0.03mg in 3 months is 2 fast. But now is all a matter of being patient and strong.

I am doing better each day this week. Last night I slept 6 hours with only 12.5 doxylamine help. I have been walking at the park for 20-30 minutes and that is helping me too for the psychological fear. The depressive feeling is lifting a bit. The "depressive/anguish attacks" are weaker now

Ethan, glad you are trucking along and I'm sure being busy helps with distractions.

For me, sleep could be better - averaging 5 1/2 hours with a couple breaks -- but that has been an issue all year and I can function on this amount for now.

Last dose tonight - joining the jumpers tomorrow. Anxiety levels in manageable range. No w/d sxs to speak of.

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Fer. I can cautiously say the same, the symptoms are there but perhaps a bit more tolerable.

Toomanybennies, I've gotten used to the sleep pattern too, I wake every 45min - 1 hour since the start of the taper and by now it's my normal; it's great that you can confidently take your last dose today, the jump after your meticulous taper will be a nonevent  :thumbsup:

Hello New0girl and the rest of the gang.

I jumped on January 4th from .025 mg of Klonopin. Now one week off.

Other than some dizzyness when I play pickleball, and more fatigue, haven't noticed any big changes.

I too am looking forward to great thing in 2018.

Thanks for sharing your journey!

Tommy :thumbsup:

Other than some dizzyness when I play pickleball, and more fatigue, haven't noticed any big changes.

Welcome to the squad Swammi01.  :thumbsup:

Way to go, swammi01, glad you could join us.

With such a great start for the new year, the possibilities are endless!

Welcome and congrats to the new jumpers!

Anybody find themselves doing less benzo searching and more living lately? After starting to feel like myself again, Im trying to take advantage of every single day and be present in the moment. I promised myself id never take a day for granted when i started to feel better.