2018 Jump Squad

[kp...]

Challis, I am so glad i continued to taper after trying to jump from .25. I went back on .25 the second morning. Knowing i can compare to that experience makes me more confident. I was a MESS jumping from that dose.

I hear ya.  I made it to three days and it just kept getting worse til I thought I was a goner.  That was the only thing that made me take another dose of Xanax.  I cried when I took it because I was so determined to never take another one. Ever.

Drama...  :laugh:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [fe...]

• [To...]

• [Et...]

• [kp...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Kpinsurvivor, hopefully we started healing from the jump.  :thumbsup:

That's a great analogy on the waves Challis, seeing it as an ebb and flow makes perfect sense in a positive way; we are lucky to have you hanging around with us.  :smitten:

You guys are nice and mellow, which is amazing given the hell you’re in right now. I know when I check in on this thread no one’s going to be bad-talking me.

:laugh:

You guys are nice and mellow, which is amazing given the hell you’re in right now. I know when I check in on this thread no one’s going to be bad-talking me.

:laugh:

Mellow for now..  :laugh:

At this point, the only bad talk that comes from me is about doctors!

Hope you all have a good night  :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that kpinsurvivor.

I'm also doing Ok with no new symptoms, perhaps a bit more tinnitis when I was waking up, but other than that just the usual stuff.  :thumbsup:

I think that's pretty good Fer, if it's all at once even better; I still wake up every hour when I sleep. When it started I kept reminding myself that successful people only get about 3-4 hours of sleep and still grind all day; somehow it helped.

Tinnitus is something i luckily have never encountered. Sounds unbearable, but so did brainfog, and i made it. So youre doing great!

Fer Im sorry to hear about the insomnia. Its so hard to function coming off this junk as it is. I dont recommend any other substances but i truly believe the only reason i sleep is because of medical marijuana. I cant do sativas or medicate during the day, but indicas have been a blessing come bed time... its the only substance ive decided to hold onto

Boys, glad to hear you're doing ok. Keep it up!  ;)

Fer, I'm sorry about the insomnia issues. Hoping and praying that it will soon improve for you.

I'm feeling a little bit better today, slept 5h and had only one shaking fit this morning. Pain is still pretty much unbearable, but I'm beginning to think I can do this!  :)

Glad to hear you are a bit better Newgirl! Who knows, perhaps being off the poison will give you relief; a lot of people playing the lotto these days and I figure you have much better odds than that.  :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone. It is hard to keep going but it is the only way to be free and healthy. I have been taking Magnesium glycinate and it helps for sleep, but some days it does not work. I guess it is the healing pattern. I am fighting also with some intrusive thoughts and mild depression. Hope it will improve.

Thank you everyone. It is hard to keep going but it is the only way to be free and healthy. I have been taking Magnesium glycinate and it helps for sleep, but some days it does not work. I guess it is the healing pattern. I am fighting also with some intrusive thoughts and mild depression. Hope it will improve.

Everything improves as long as we never touch another benzo! Magnesium malate is my go to as my muscles become stiff throughout the day. How much magnesium are you taking daily?

Everything improves as long as we never touch another benzo! Magnesium malate is my go to as my muscles become stiff throughout the day. How much magnesium are you taking daily?

I am taking 1.6 grams of Magnesium glycinate per day, equivalent to 200mg of elemental Magnesium

Congrats to all in this group that brought in the new year right! I will be joining you in about 12 days as I am liquid micro tapering .01mg lorazepam per day and have .12mg to go. This is such a small amount and I probably could have jumped already, but I figured I would make as soft a landing as possible. Just a little over one year. Can't believe it.

Hope you don't mind if I join in the conversation from time-to-time. Good luck to everybody!

Congrats to all in this group that brought in the new year right! I will be joining you in about 12 days as I am liquid micro tapering .01mg lorazepam per day and have .12mg to go. This is such a small amount and I probably could have jumped already, but I figured I would make as soft a landing as possible. Just a little over one year. Can't believe it.

Hope you don't mind if I join in the conversation from time-to-time. Good luck to everybody!

Hi and welcome to the squad! congratulations

Welcome TooManyBennies, you did the right thing and followed your gut, jump when you feel like it, we all did.  :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. It took me awhile to figure out how to go on what my body was telling me vs. going according to some schedule. So, the early days of my taper were more difficult as I was trying to stick with a plan -- where the dates were somewhat arbitrary. The second half of the year (2017) I felt my way through it and it worked out great. I wasn't sure how the last part would go using a liquid micro taper. It worked out great and I should have done it sooner.

Really looking forward to the day that it is entirely out of my system.

Fer, I am taking about the same. Seems satisfactory most days.

TooManyBennies, Welcome to the thread! Im glad you found what works best for you. My dr would threaten to cut me off it i didnt make the cuts he recommended. It was very cruel, but i survived. You will too! As bad as we all want off, i would continue to listen to your body. It will save you unnecessary suffering  :thumbsup:

Hey buddies.  I plan on jumping on Jan 16, so may I join in?  I am down to .38 mg valium and cutting .03 mg per day.  I could jump any time now, but want to keep going to 0 so as not to risk more than necessary.  I'm doing ok except for some depression and dp/dr (not quite sure if what I'm experiencing is that, but I think so...it's hard for me to be myself around people). 

Hey GardenLady, welcome and feel free to join in; seems like you are doing great. I jumped at the equivalent of .4 Valium and the others jumped higher. You should be ok.  :thumbsup:

Good luck everyone. I jumped on accident on the 30th when I ran out xanax. I had 2mg left on the 28th so I used 1mg each day my last two days. I've taken gabapentin to help a bit the last 2 days, as I had to work. I feel ok though, I think yesterday was worse than today 😊 if you're feeling ill just keep in mind it will pass! I keep saying I'll go find some xanax tomorrow, but not today. I've said that to myself all week lol

How's it going everyone?

Ethan, you cracked me up with that lotery analogy!  :) Yeah, I would say I definitely have better odds than that, lol!  :laugh:

TooManyBennies, GardenLady, welcome to the gang! You seem well on your way to a successful taper! Congrats!

Sicory, I hope all goes well with your Xanax w/d. Do you have some Valium on hand if things start getting nasty? Wishing you the best of luck!

Well newgirl a friend of mine has some Valium if it gets worse, he will give me some. I don't want any benzos in my house right now or I'd probably cave. First jump I did was scary. But this time I have Diltiazem for my blood pressure and heart rate(which was the scariest part having high blood pressure and rapid heart beat) I can handle the other physical withdrawal symptoms I think, I've come off of many high opiate doses in the past. The mental fog and confusion is new to me. I've had a hard time with that, but the gabapentin seems to help a bit. Thanks for the encouragement though, lots of jumpers and encouraging words in this thread, I like it!

Well newgirl a friend of mine has some Valium if it gets worse, he will give me some. I don't want any benzos in my house right now or I'd probably cave. First jump I did was scary. But this time I have Diltiazem for my blood pressure and heart rate(which was the scariest part having high blood pressure and rapid heart beat) I can handle the other physical withdrawal symptoms I think, I've come off of many high opiate doses in the past. The mental fog and confusion is new to me. I've had a hard time with that, but the gabapentin seems to help a bit. Thanks for the encouragement though, lots of jumpers and encouraging words in this thread, I like it!

The mental fog was new to me as well. Ive had it for a little over 2 months now and have just gotten used to it. Identifying what makes it worse for you and what helps you is key.