2018 Jump Squad

[kp...]

You're wonderful, thank you for being so supportive!  :smitten: I don't know really what to do either. Will wait another 12h, to see what happens.

I'm not on Valium, I just gave the Valium equivalent. I'm on a short acting benzo with 9h half life.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [fe...]

• [To...]

• [Et...]

• [kp...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh sorry, where did I come up with Valium, but good!  Long-acting benzodiazepines are much more unpredictable.  With a shorter acting benzo your symptoms will peak faster and you'll be through the worst of it.

:smitten:

You're such an optimist, new0girl, and that will get you through this.  :smitten:

No, looking back at the thread, you wrote 1.5 Valium eqv and I missed the 'eqv' part. It's almost midnight and I'm a little sleepy, I probably shouldn't be giving any advice.

I'll check with you in the morning.  Distract as best you can.  If you have a tube sock and some dry white rice, you might make a soothing microwavable heat pack to help with tension.  Mine was my best friend at the worst of times.  Just pour a few cups (4-6) of rice in a tube sock, tie the top shut and put it in the microwave for 3 minutes.  It will give about 20 minutes of gentle heat and the weight helps with anxiety.  I used to lay mine around my neck or on my chest or stomach.  Best w/d accessory ever.

;)

Dear friends,

I'm feeling somewhat better. The shaking has calmed down, and I was able to get a half hour nap. Ready for next round.  :)

How is everybody holding on?

Challis, thanks again for your lovely, kind caring words.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I will distract and tube sock my self out of this!  ;D

Dear friends,

I'm feeling somewhat better. The shaking has calmed down, and I was able to get a half hour nap. Ready for next round.  :)

Some sleep is better than none! Glad you are feeling a bit better today. Im at the 48ish hour mark and symptoms havent let up or gotten any worse. Slept a good 7-8 hours with one wakeup at the usual 3am-5am timeframe. Going to eat some lunch and try to get to the gym

I'm doing Ok today, I hit a bump yesterday but some encouraging words by an angel on the board helped me through. I feel good today, lots of energy that I am going to the gym to burn it out.

Like the great Challis says: Distract!!

I jumped at 1,25 Valium eq.

1,25 mg Valium is very little, New. In fact, prof. Ashton recommends to jump after two weeks’ taper from 2 mg (1 mg day/1 mg night). So probably at 1 mg. However, some ppl need to decrease even from 0,5 mg. I guess it’s chiefly psychological.

I jumped at 1,25 Valium eq.

1,25 mg Valium is very little, New. In fact, prof. Ashton recommends to jump after two weeks’ taper from 2 mg (1 mg day/1 mg night). So probably at 1 mg. However, some ppl need to decrease even from 0,5 mg. I guess it’s chiefly psychological.

Yes, that's very little indeed, that's why I thought it would be a good idea to jump. But I was very symptomatic even from before jumping, because of my tolerance withdrawal. Oh, and I would trade in ANY DAY my sxs for something psychological!  :)

You're doing great boys, I need to catch up on you!  :thumbsup:

Oh, nice wabi-sabi you got there Ethan!  :smitten:

You know your stuff Newgirl!  :thumbsup: I like Kintsugi in particular for our case.

I keep thinking about an excerpt of the Aston manual and hopefully it encourages you a little:

"With slow tapering, some long-term users have virtually lost all their symptoms by the time they take their last tablet, and in the majority symptoms disappear within a few months."

Yes, Kintsugi is indeed very appropriate for us in withdrawal, and a beautiful philosophy.  :smitten: I like many elements of Japanese culture and view on life.  :angel:

I appreciate your willingness to help and your kind support. Truly. Unfortunately, I am in tolerance withdrawal, and the slow and steady approach is not applicable in this case.

It's how it is, and I'm moving forward. Sky above, earth below and peace inside. God help us all.  :)

Oh hes helping us, thats forsure!

I usually get hit very hard with symptoms on day 2 of any drop as im fairly skinny and metabolize rather quickly.

Hoping this is my acute!!

My first day off benzos was awful. Lots of anxiety. I had two consecutive days going to bed at 3am. That may be the cause (lack of sleep) There is also a psychological issue being benzo free I think. Hope to improve in the next days  :(

My first day off benzos was awful. Lots of anxiety. I had two consecutive days going to bed at 3am. That may be the cuse (lack of sleep) There is also a psychological issue being benzo free I think. Hope to improve in the next days  :(

Its insane how different everyone is coming off benzos like klonopin. I do fear the unknown and what is to come. I can only hope and pray for strength...and distract myself  :thumbsup:

yeah you are absolutely right. This is an unexpected route. One day you may be ok and the next all is crap. The best part is that the consensus is that symptoms improve with time

Dear friends,

Great news! I checked early this morning but you hadn’t logged in yet. If you’re not experiencing increasing symptoms, you may have this.  :thumbsup:

Keep on keeping on, jumpers. If it’s not getting worse you’re doing great!

:boxer:

Thank you Challis!!

Anybody else feeling better? I know it's super early but I went to the Dr (I knew before I went it was a mistake) and had an abnormal EKG; usually I would freak and it would be the end of the world but I didn't even care, I was actually rational and figured it's part of the withdrawal. Am I going nuts?  :idiot:

Keep on keeping on, jumpers. If it’s not getting worse you’re doing great!

:boxer:

Thank you Challis!!

Anybody else feeling better? I know it's super early but I went to the Dr (I knew before I went it was a mistake) and had an abnormal EKG; usually I would freak and it would be the end of the world but I didn't even care, I was actually rational and figured it's part of the withdrawal. Am I going nuts?  :idiot:

As bad news usually gives us a nice panic, it looks like some natural coping skills are coming into play. You are healing!

Thanks for some motivation challis. No new symptoms. Brainfog becomes intense if i dont eat but besides that i am doing better than i expected being past the 50 hour mark

If you tapered low enough there shouldn’t be any increase in symptoms except the usual ebb and flow.

Really glad you started this thread. Peer support makes a difference.  :smitten:

Challis, I am so glad i continued to taper after trying to jump from .25. I went back on .25 the second morning. Knowing i can compare to that experience makes me more confident. I was a MESS jumping from that dose

Onescareddude, I hope you are doing okay today! I appreciate the support, seriously. During the past week or so, I can honestly say I am doing much better compared to the start of my taper. It got easier the lower i got, which means it can get easier for sooo many other people as well..