Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

2018 Jump Squad

[kp...]

Hello jump squad, I'm sorry to hear that everyone is struggling. This journey demands and takes so much!  :-\

I trust that we all have the strength inside to go through everything that this withdrawal throws at us. Life always finds a way.

Please be kind to yourselves, be as accepting as possible and as self loving as possible. We are doing our best under the circumstances. We will beat this monster!  ;)

Big hugs and all my strength to you!

:hug:

Thanks new0girl.

I actually slept 7 hours last night. Can't remember last time that happened. Made today a much better day. Hope you are doing well.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [fe...]

• [To...]

• [Et...]

• [kp...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that when i don’t eat enough at dinner I’ll wake up more often during the night.

I think what happens to a lot of people is , their adrenaline is burning all of their fuel and then their body is waking them up all night trying to tell them to eat. But i’m sure there is more to it for some people in withdrawal.

I find that when i don’t eat enough at dinner I’ll wake up more often during the night.

I think what happens to a lot of people is , their adrenaline is burning all of their fuel and then their body is waking them up all night trying to tell them to eat. But i’m sure there is more to it for some people in withdrawal.

I've heard similar stories. I usually have a cup of fruit yogurt about an hour before bed. I think it helps, providing some protein and carbs without any real heavy eating.

No activity in the last few days. Hope everybody is OK. Been fairly steady for me, just one off day where I was pretty agitated (Saturday).

I've been really sick lately. I am in a wave, I think. Or I was never out? I don't know... :-\

Almost one month out, and withdrawal sxs are back with a vengeance. I am very bloated, my internal organs are screaming in pain, my heart racing and my muscles shaking. Sleep is all over the place.

Sending healing vibes across the board!  :angel::smitten:

I've been really sick lately. I am in a wave, I think. Or I was never out? I don't know... :-\

Almost one month out, and withdrawal sxs are back with a vengeance. I am very bloated, my internal organs are screaming in pain, my heart racing and my muscles shaking. Sleep is all over the place.

Sending healing vibes across the board!  :angel::smitten:

That's terrible new0girl -- so sorry to hear that!

I think that is the program -- non-linear. Ups and downs. I guess the only good thing about a wave is that, sooner or later, a window will be there. Or, maybe, at least a reduced wave.

I'm in kind of a "meh" period, marginally maintaining and making it through each day. But, thankfully, not in a wave.

Sending healing vibes back to you. Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you guys for all the support, you are great!  :smitten:

AntiBenzo, welcome to the thread and congrats on getting off! This is HUGE!  :thumbsup:

We will survive this, I promise. We will make it through, somehow. One little step at a time, one day closer to healing. Keep posting here if you run into trouble. I know I've got a lot of help from the other benzo buddies when I have.

Hi 2018 Squad.

Hope everything is fine with you. I am now in other phase of my plan. I am taking zoloft 50mg with my benzo dose. My pdoc is planning to program a tapering for benzos slowly once the zoloft takes effect on me. I have been with lack of motivation and sleepiness Anxiety is marginally controlled because zoloft makes some anxiety rushes at the beginning. Planning to start my tapering from clonazepam maybe in March. That depends on my doctor and how the zoloft will work. I failed the first time, but I only lost a battle not the entire war.

Good luck to all and keep moving.

Fer

Hi everybody, just wanted to drop by and say congratulations on making it one month!  :thumbsup: I hope you are all doing better; I haven't been around much as I am trying to move forward into recovery, I guess that means I am feeling better. I know a there are a few of us that are some days ahead or behind but please stay positive and stay distracted! We are all healing and will make it in time, I know I'm better these days and it seems like the normal me is showing up a few spots at a time, even though I can only see the progress looking back. I just hope to clear the physical symptoms at some point, I can wait as I know they will take longer.

Well, it was my turn in the barrel this week. One of the worst I've had in awhile. Very strong anxious thoughts and short of breath at times (near panic). It sucks, but I just got into deep breathing and worked my way through. I'm paying my dues. I know I can handle this, even though it is very unpleasant.

Hope everyone else is doing well or, at least, hanging in there.

Hang in there toomanybennies: it will pass. You are doing a great job.

I am 2 weeks in sertraline 50mg. I am struggling with some nasty side effects. According to my pdoc they will subside in a couple of weeks and I am going to feel better. i keep the benzo as a reinforce to minimize sertraline effects. Hope this will work.

We are planning to find the best dose of sertraline to start the benzo tapering program again, this time with the help of the AD

Hey guys,

Just wanted to update you all on what happened. Long story short - I jumped and 2 weeks later had to reinstate to .25mg of Clonazepam at night. I ended up in the hospital 3 times from 12 days of cyclical vomiting 10-12 hours a day. It did take them some time to link it to the withdrawal but my Dr finally figured it all out. My body wasn't ready and thankfully I listened to it. No I did not fail, its just a small roadblock and to be honest I'm doing much better and back to being stable. I can now think clear and taper the last .25mg at a much much slower rate. Life is good and for those of you who are not on a timeline for completion, listen to your body before jumping. No one here gets a badge for jumping too soon, I found that out myself. I do want to stress I know everyone is different and some people don't have the luxury of tapering slow. I know its hard but when I stress it makes all my symptoms that much more difficult to bear. I used to come here everyday and had to limit the time because I won't lie, some stories scare the living shit out of me and gets my anxiety revving up to a level it doesn't need to be at. I do feel there are some of you that have this same issue and would like to say if you have to take a few days off from searching around here on benzobuddies you should. Give yourself a break. This is a great place for support and extremely resourceful information (without it I wouldn't have been able to accept what all was happening to me) I'm just saying if you get extremely anxious about this process and the symptoms involved, spending 24/7 on here may not always be the best idea. I hope all of you guys are doing well in the 2018 Jump Club, I'll be back no doubt! :)

I am 2 weeks in sertraline 50mg. I am struggling with some nasty side effects. According to my pdoc they will subside in a couple of weeks and I am going to feel better. i keep the benzo as a reinforce to minimize sertraline effects. Hope this will work.

We are planning to find the best dose of sertraline to start the benzo tapering program again, this time with the help of the AD

Hey fer! Thanks for your thoughts. I was on sertraline for almost 20 years. I did experience some side effects. It did work for awhile, but then it seemed to lose its effectiveness for me. I was also at a high dose - 200mg. Hope it works well for you.

Keep us posted on your progress.

We're hanging in there. My wave is not over either.  :-\

Sending healing vibes to everybody!  :smitten:  :angel:

new0girl, hope that window is here any day now for you. My wave is subsiding but I am not in a window for sure. It's part of life going forward, so dealing with it head on is the only way. Healing vibes to you. Give us updates about how you are doing.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to update you all on what happened. Long story short - I jumped and 2 weeks later had to reinstate to .25mg of Clonazepam at night. I ended up in the hospital 3 times from 12 days of cyclical vomiting 10-12 hours a day. It did take them some time to link it to the withdrawal but my Dr finally figured it all out. My body wasn't ready and thankfully I listened to it. No I did not fail, its just a small roadblock and to be honest I'm doing much better and back to being stable. I can now think clear and taper the last .25mg at a much much slower rate. Life is good and for those of you who are not on a timeline for completion, listen to your body before jumping. No one here gets a badge for jumping too soon, I found that out myself. I do want to stress I know everyone is different and some people don't have the luxury of tapering slow. I know its hard but when I stress it makes all my symptoms that much more difficult to bear. I used to come here everyday and had to limit the time because I won't lie, some stories scare the living shit out of me and gets my anxiety revving up to a level it doesn't need to be at. I do feel there are some of you that have this same issue and would like to say if you have to take a few days off from searching around here on benzobuddies you should. Give yourself a break. This is a great place for support and extremely resourceful information (without it I wouldn't have been able to accept what all was happening to me) I'm just saying if you get extremely anxious about this process and the symptoms involved, spending 24/7 on here may not always be the best idea. I hope all of you guys are doing well in the 2018 Jump Club, I'll be back no doubt! :)

newlife, you've got the right attitude. You've given yourself permission to take whatever time you need. I agree with you on spending too much time on the site - that basically goes for the internet as a whole. I limit my time to no more than an hour per day, in 15-20 minute increments, several times throughout the day on benzobuddies. I also avoid most of the stuff that would trigger anxiety and try to spend most of my tie on 2-3 of the support groups and some of the more positive forums.

Keep us posted on your progress. Best wishes on this next stage.

Hey fer! Thanks for your thoughts. I was on sertraline for almost 20 years. I did experience some side effects. It did work for awhile, but then it seemed to lose its effectiveness for me. I was also at a high dose - 200mg. Hope it works well for you.

Thanks a lot: I am at 50mg of sertraline, and it gives me a high fatigue sensation. I just want to be in bed. It gives me also a strange sensation in my eyes, like heaviness. Hope it will pass. I have an appointment on February 15 with my psychiatrist. Dunno if he is going to change the med or not. Meanwhile I continue on 0.75mg of clonazepam daily.

Hey guys,

Hey NewLife: I am glad you are becoming stable. I do sympathize as I jumped from .025 mg of K back on 01/07. I hope that you stabilize to the point where you can continue. Because I was able to do my taper for 13 months (from .75 mg K), and I got several doctors to agree that this was the right choice, I consider myself lucky.

At the suggestion of my brother, I gave him all of my medication. He agreed to hold it, rather than dispose of it. But that was my choice, not his. God I hate this stuff.

swammi01

Thanks a lot: I am at 50mg of sertraline, and it gives me a high fatigue sensation. I just want to be in bed. It gives me also a strange sensation in my eyes, like heaviness. Hope it will pass. I have an appointment on February 15 with my psychiatrist. Dunno if he is going to change the med or not. Meanwhile I continue on 0.75mg of clonazepam daily.

Fer - that reminds me of sertraline and the experience I had. At the risk of being suggestive of other side effects that I had (they won't necessarily happen to you) but I had dry mouth, metallic taste and joint pain. These all went away when I finally was able to taper off. I found it difficult to taper after so many years at such a high dose and had some very physical w/d symptoms. Hope that doesn't trigger anything for you, just be careful and cognizant of any changes as you go up in dose and duration of use.

Fer - that reminds me of sertraline and the experience I had. At the risk of being suggestive of other side effects that I had (they won't necessarily happen to you) but I had dry mouth, metallic taste and joint pain. These all went away when I finally was able to taper off. I found it difficult to taper after so many years at such a high dose and had some very physical w/d symptoms. Hope that doesn't trigger anything for you, just be careful and cognizant of any changes as you go up in dose and duration of use.

My pdoc wants me to stay for 9 months to a year on sertraline. He said sertraline will help with clonazepam tapering program. He said that I probably failed my first attempt because I did not have any reinforcement as a back up.

Hello dear friends, I'm starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel, let's hope it's coming from a window!

TooManyBennies, you have been so wonderfully supportive towards everybody, you are nothing short of AMAZING!  :smitten:

fer6638, I hope you'll stabilize soon on the AD, and that the doctor will be right.  :)

newlife78, your experince seems horrid. These pills should be outlawed!!!  I hate them so much. :'(

Sending my love to all the benzo buddies in withdrawal. It has to get better. One day.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hello dear friends, I'm starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel, let's hope it's coming from a window!

TooManyBennies, you have been so wonderfully supportive towards everybody, you are nothing short of AMAZING!  :smitten:

fer6638, I hope you'll stabilize soon on the AD, and that the doctor will be right.  :)

newlife78, your experince seems horrid. These pills should be outlawed!!!  I hate them so much. :'(

Sending my love to all the benzo buddies in withdrawal. It has to get better. One day.

Thanks new0girl: I have nasty side effects from de AD, more anxiety, depression and insomnia ....I have an appointment with the doctor next week to discuss this. I have been for 19 days on AD. Doctor told me that this is "normal" and the effects take place about the 4th week, but not sure if sertraline is going to work for me.

Hugs to everyone

Thanks new0girl!

So glad to see that you are seeing improvement. Show us the way!

Hope everyone is still holding on and feeling a bit better. I will be gone for a bit as I am feeling 90-95% healed and feel forums do more harm than good at this stage. Ill be back when i am 100%.

Keep it up guys  :smitten: