Health Anxiety

[bo...]

Today the fingers on my right hand went completely numb for over two minutes.  I thought I was having a stroke.  I was driving.  I've decided it was w/d.  That was good for a real flood of adrenaline.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bo...]

• [Re...]

• [Gr...]

• [fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Today the fingers on my right hand went completely numb for over two minutes.  I thought I was having a stroke.  I was driving.  I've decided it was w/d.  That was good for a real flood of adrenaline.

I had that off and on in my left hand for a while month.

Remy .. you did really well at the dentist.. think about that rather than sending you into another wave.. exceptionally well. There are some who can't even get to the appointment let alone sit through three fillings ... good on you ..

BP that's not too bad you know .. and its relevant to how your BP is normally ?  I took mine yesterday for the first time in ages and I was quite pleased. The average of three readings ( and you've gotta take it three times or at least twice for an average) was 137/83 .. considering I was coming in at 160/90 last year on average I am quite pleased.. so while you are lowish I am highish .. I don't know your age but I am early 60's and I am learning to accept that most things are begining to spiral out of the 'normal' range !! I tend to go now more on what's 'normal' for me..!! So if your BP has always been on the low side then don't worry , and I've been told that lower is sure better than higher when it comes to BP! Give yourself a pat on the back...

Remy .. you did really well at the dentist.. think about that rather than sending you into another wave.. exceptionally well. There are some who can't even get to the appointment let alone sit through three fillings ... good on you ..

BP that's not too bad you know .. and its relevant to how your BP is normally ?  I took mine yesterday for the first time in ages and I was quite pleased. The average of three readings ( and you've gotta take it three times or at least twice for an average) was 137/83 .. considering I was coming in at 160/90 last year on average I am quite pleased.. so while you are lowish I am highish .. I don't know your age but I am early 60's and I am learning to accept that most things are begining to spiral out of the 'normal' range !! I tend to go now more on what's 'normal' for me..!! So if your BP has always been on the low side then don't worry , and I've been told that lower is sure better than higher when it comes to BP! Give yourself a pat on the back...

That's true I guess I am just bieng paranoid since my bp has been low most of the time recently. I am just out of it today. Two nights in a row of only a couple hours of sleep equals no brain power. Running on fumes today .

Thanks bb  :smitten:

Just got back from the dentist three fillings done. I did okay. No panic attack. My bp is 102/83 ... Kind of low .. Trying not to let it freak me out.

Wow!  Good for you Remy!!  :clap:  You did absolutely fabulous.  This encourages me about my upcoming dental appointment.  Thank you!  :smitten:

Focus on the positive!  :thumbsup:

Yeah ... that's the killer .. the lack of sleep ... that seems to effet your outlook on everything. It sure does mine... I just hang on to what others say that it will get better!

Hi GrandmaD... how's things going with you?

Yeah ... that's the killer .. the lack of sleep ... that seems to effet your outlook on everything. It sure does mine... I just hang on to what others say that it will get better!

Hi GrandmaD... how's things going with you?

Hi bozobertie!  I'm still dealing with many withdrawal symptoms, just like y'all.  Dreading my dental & doctor visit next month, but I know the Lord will bring me through it.  (I wish it was over already!)  Family crisis still going on but much better.  My symptoms have been worse since the crisis and I'm considering holding longer than 2 weeks this time or cutting less.

Thank you so much for asking.  :smitten:

Just got back from the dentist three fillings done. I did okay. No panic attack. My bp is 102/83 ... Kind of low .. Trying not to let it freak me out.

Wow!  Good for you Remy!!  :clap:  You did absolutely fabulous.  This encourages me about my upcoming dental appointment.  Thank you!  :smitten:

Focus on the positive!  :thumbsup:

Thank you grandma d I really appreciate the encouragement and support .  :smitten:

Oh my goodness GrandmaD... Seriously ? You too ?

The dementia thing.. I don't ever say much about that , cause it seems to be over ruled with all the heart attacks and strokes ! But every time I forget something, why I Came into a room , or what am I looking for in the fridge , as much as I laugh it off as old age I do worry its the begining of the dementia slippery slope..  Soooo many things to worry about..! That was actually one of the main reasons I made the decision to come off benzos.. The dementia .. Then it nags at the back of my mind is it too late...

wow amen to that..I also fear this, Terrified of it but I never talk about it on forum either.Its also the reason I went off benzos too.I think they have debunked it but then I go to that dark place and well, who debunked it? good guys or bad guys ?slippery slope.Bless you I am with you on that one  reindeer

Please include me on that boat too  :o  Brain fog/cog and memory issues

OMG I laughed so hard I had chest pains....That shook off some of the fear...thankyou so much!Reindeer

Okay the only people allowed on this boat are people who cant remember things even while they are doing said things... All Aboard!!!!!

I can tell you how this boat trip ends right now...... :crazy:

Welcome aboard burned out

Please include me on that boat too  :o  Brain fog/cog and memory issues

OMG I laughed so hard I had chest pains....That shook off some of the fear...thankyou so much!Reindeer

Okay the only people allowed on this boat are people who cant remember things even while they are doing said things... All Aboard!!!!!

I can tell you how this boat trip ends right now...... :crazy:

Welcome aboard burned out

Welcome aboard friend

:smitten:

So does this health anxiety ever get better?  I'm 15 months out and I feel like it's worse than ever.

You tell us lol your farther out than anyone on this thread.....

I'm just pulling your socks! Of course it gets better everything gets better some things just take longer than others. It is not fun to feel this way for so long , but it is what it is and when we are better we will be a million times better. I am not as far out as you , but I still get hopeless sometimes about things not ending .

I have bad health anxiety BUT this whole tapering process has actually taught me not too worry as much, so I see this as a huge lesson in life.

Fantastic Beat benzos .. that's amazing that it has turned the other way for you .. my health anxiety was always there but the anxiety from tapering has just sky rocketed it.  maybe it will settle down at some stage ..thanks for popping in BB

I was so anxious about so many health issues at first. Heart palps, epilepsy, stroke, brain injury. I almost had surgery on my spine, almost agreed to shock therapy. I almost gave myself a heart attack worrying about so many things. After just a few of these issues resolved themselves, my attitude went to the opposite extreme. Now, health anxiety bores me like nothing else. I don't care what goes wrong for the next few months, I just assume it's withdrawal.

Vah -- you know, this attitude really helps.  I've endured every f***in sxs these last few months and presently -- the symptom du jour is a pinched nerve in my neck.  I'm waiting for the MRI radiology report but I know what it's going to show -- nothin.  WBB

THis is a great thread and while I havent read all the stories - I can say I'm suffering HORRIBLE Health anxiety - I do have some bonified issues (Mostly Thyroid) but now I have two swollen lymph nodes on the back of my neck and I'm trying not to freak OUT - But if I chased down every single symptom, I'd spend all my days at Dr's offices and likely get written more and more scripts for more dangerous drugs - but then again I'm worried I'll miss something big........Oh its THE WORST other than the crippling panic and anxiety.......headed to the ANXIETY board next!!!

THis is a great thread and while I havent read all the stories - I can say I'm suffering HORRIBLE Health anxiety - I do have some bonified issues (Mostly Thyroid) but now I have two swollen lymph nodes on the back of my neck and I'm trying not to freak OUT - But if I chased down every single symptom, I'd spend all my days at Dr's offices and likely get written more and more scripts for more dangerous drugs - but then again I'm worried I'll miss something big........Oh its THE WORST other than the crippling panic and anxiety.......headed to the ANXIETY board next!!!

So 'get' that ... its that fear of missing something important. I try to keep a middle road as much as I can. While I do try to reason that the majority of symptoms are related to the withdrawal , and they mostly are , I do have to be sensabile .. being in spontaneous remission from grade 4 melanoma it is certainly important not to undermine any sympton that could indeed be related to the cancer. I have this motto that if the sympton is still bothering me after 7-10 days or is getting worse then I get it checked out.  I am  having a good day today after a couple of rough ones ... hope your anxiety settles to allow you some reprieve ... lots of love BB