Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Health Anxiety

[bo...]

Thank you BB - I guess I should get the lymph nodes and horrendous itchy ezema like rash on my back checked out - OH another Dr APPT - SHOOT ME!  Thanks so much for your reply!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bo...]

• [Re...]

• [Gr...]

• [fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you BB - I guess I should get the lymph nodes and horrendous itchy ezema like rash on my back checked out - OH another Dr APPT - SHOOT ME!  Thanks so much for your reply!

Swollen lymph nodes seems to be a common wd but getting it checked out would be wiser. Just thought I would chime in. Better safe than sorry. I have had swollen lymphs off and on the past month. It's only on one side for me. It's  wierd. ... Mine will go away and come back and move sometimes. I should go to the doctors, but i don't have insurance.

Fightformylife.. do the 7 day thing.. if they are still swollen get them checked out.. you might find they go down on their own... some of these symptoms certainly come and go.. like for me the heartburn and digestion .. had it terribly for ages and now it's gone .. may come back..

I just think if at all possible we need to be objective about the sympton.. is it getting worse? Has it got bigger? Whatever applies... drive ourselves crazy don't we !!xx

Thanks for all the feedback! They have pretty much stayed the same......for a good while now - I have an appt with a new internist in Nov.  Im going to try and stay calm until that appt and then have her take a look - but what a relief to hear that others have had swollen lymph nodes as an SXS - I had not heard that one yet!

Thank you all - SO much!

Yeah, I'm in. So far, I have had: MS, heart disease, colorectal cancer (I have a hemorrhoid), mouth cancer (don't even ask!!), and early - onset blindness. Half of me knows it's ridiculous; the other half is terrified. Not knowing what kind of w/d symptom will decide to make an appearance - or when - doesn't help at all.

Newroad.... oh so familiar !! I'm surprised my heart is still beating after the 'many' heart attacks !! And here's another one I'll admit to if you don't laugh out loud !! Smiling at myself in the mirror in the morning to see if my lips are in a normal straight line .. !! Just in case I had a stroke in the middle of the night and didn't know it ...... !!!    Oh save me !!

Newroad.... oh so familiar !! I'm surprised my heart is still beating after the 'many' heart attacks !! And here's another one I'll admit to if you don't laugh out loud !! Smiling at myself in the mirror in the morning to see if my lips are in a normal straight line .. !! Just in case I had a stroke in the middle of the night and didn't know it ...... !!!    Oh save me !!

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Thank you so much bozo for being so real!  I haven't laughed this hard in a long time!!!

And I could see myself doing the same thing!!!!  :2funny:

Grandma D ... what's the bet before the end of the day you just might do it !!! Its all so dam crazy .I think it helps if we can laugh at ourselves and these ridiculous health anxiety traits !

Have a good day /night my friend wherever in the world you are xxx

Grandma D ... what's the bet before the end of the day you just might do it !!! Its all so dam crazy .I think it helps if we can laugh at ourselves and these ridiculous health anxiety traits !

Have a good day /night my friend wherever in the world you are xxx

Blessings on your day BozoBertie!  You are truly a treasure.  :)

I have had a sort of a annoying feeling like a muscle cramp but not painful just below my right rib cage for the last couple of days. First day I thought nothing of it but yesterday anxiety got worse as the day went on and by evening I was pretty much sure that it was a re occurrence of a major stomach problem from last year, symptoms are nowhere near the same but this stuff seems to play games with us.

Anyone else had the feeling of a tight muscle under the rib cage? seems to be worse when laying down, I have had all sorts of muscle pains and cramps during this taper so am hoping this is just another.

BB - that makes me feel SO much better!! Thank you!

A few of the funny thing I've done in the throes of health anxiety

I once was convinced that I had Vitamin A poisoning - almost called Poison Control - I had "every symptom" - this however was when I was in withdrawal but didn't know it after a much too fast K taper

I've had my husband check me more than once for a stroke......he rolls his eyes and says - hold you arms out straight, smile....etc...."You are NOT having a stroke"

PRIOR TO BENZO's:

I pulled both of my kids out of pre-school and banned people from coming or going during the swine flu pandemic!!!!! At one point, I told my husband - "If you go to work, you can't stay here" He was like WtF????  In the end we all GOT swine flu (everyone but my husband who was living his life without a care in the world!!) and it was FINE!!!

I've always had health anxiety - always - its really bat shit crazy! (am I allowed to say shit?) Tacky I know!

I have had a sort of a annoying feeling like a muscle cramp but not painful just below my right rib cage for the last couple of days. First day I thought nothing of it but yesterday anxiety got worse as the day went on and by evening I was pretty much sure that it was a re occurrence of a major stomach problem from last year, symptoms are nowhere near the same but this stuff seems to play games with us.

Anyone else had the feeling of a tight muscle under the rib cage? seems to be worse when laying down, I have had all sorts of muscle pains and cramps during this taper so am hoping this is just another.

I get this one all the time my friend and I know others on here who have it as well. I hate it.

I get this one all the time my friend and I know others on here who have it as well. I hate it.

Thanks for the reply, the feeling is more of an uncomfortable feeling and not a pain, it is worse when laying down and I keep moving around trying to stop it.

Is this what you get?

I must admit it has got me really spooked as I got into this benzo mess while waiting on a biopsy from my stomach last year.

Thanks for the reply, the feeling is more of an uncomfortable feeling and not a pain, it is worse when laying down and I keep moving around trying to stop it.

Is this what you get?

I must admit it has got me really spooked as I got into this benzo mess while waiting on a biopsy from my stomach last year.

Yeah i get it almost everyday . It feels like my upper body is being squeezed . Lots of pressure,especially in the rib area.

Is it also accompanied my a feeling of heaviness in that area ?

I have had all kinds of muscle pain & cramps too.  Very strange stuff this withdrawal.

BB - that makes me feel SO much better!! Thank you!

A few of the funny thing I've done in the throes of health anxiety

I once was convinced that I had Vitamin A poisoning - almost called Poison Control - I had "every symptom" - this however was when I was in withdrawal but didn't know it after a much too fast K taper

I've had my husband check me more than once for a stroke......he rolls his eyes and says - hold you arms out straight, smile....etc...."You are NOT having a stroke"

PRIOR TO BENZO's:

I pulled both of my kids out of pre-school and banned people from coming or going during the swine flu pandemic!!!!! At one point, I told my husband - "If you go to work, you can't stay here" He was like WtF????  In the end we all GOT swine flu (everyone but my husband who was living his life without a care in the world!!) and it was FINE!!!

I've always had health anxiety - always - its really bat shit crazy! (am I allowed to say shit?) Tacky I know!

:2funny: :2funny:  You are SO funny!!!!

If I had known then what I know now about wd symptoms I would have been checked over thoroughly by many drs to make sure all was ok

I ended up in ER because of heart symptoms

The initial echocardiogram showed heart failure

My heart was racing so fast I could barely catch a breath. For days

I really am more concrrned about health issues now because i just had a blood clot

So its okay to reassure each other when wd sx cause health anxiety, but I wonder then how do you know if you are really sick?

If I had known then what I know now about wd symptoms I would have been checked over thoroughly by many drs to make sure all was ok

I ended up in ER because of heart symptoms

The initial echocardiogram showed heart failure

My heart was racing so fast I could barely catch a breath. For days

I really am more concrrned about health issues now because i just had a blood clot

So its okay to reassure each other when wd sx cause health anxiety, but I wonder then how do you know if you are really sick?

I wonder this all of the time lol :sick:

I worry about a doctor taking my symptoms, not knowing about benzo withdrawal symptoms, and diagnosing me with diseases that I don't have.  We have to be so careful.

I worry about a doctor taking my symptoms, not knowing about benzo withdrawal symptoms, and diagnosing me with diseases that I don't have.  We have to be so careful.

So true.

Too bad everyone is so specific. Trying to tell a cardiologist about benzo withdrawal is useless. They all know just their area of expertise. I tried telling the drug withdrawal nurse about menopause, she tells me to go to the gyn. So I am going to. But I expect no help really, cuz its the combo of the two that are killing me

About being diagnosed, that really shouldnt be a problem since most drs will have tests done before diagnosing. Hence my whole cardio workup

Unless you are talking about pdocs where there really are no relevant tests

Totally agree... how do you know when you are really sick ? really good question and I don't think there is a straight forward answer... I use my old 7 day trick .. if the symptoms are still ther or have got worse, but then no one seems to know about the WD symptoms.. I was talking about itchy skin and eyesight/ brightness , which comes and goes with me and I know are withdrawal symptoms but the GP said no they weren't.. !! Now with symptoms that donet seems that serious like itchy skin I just don't bother. I KNOW the brightness of the day and the sensitivity to sound are absolutely symotons of the withdrawal and not anything wrong with my eyes or ears.. it's interesting though I have noticed so many folks having the heart issues. Or fear that something's is wrong with the heart... that seems to be so common .. anyone else noticed that ?

Man I been getting this wierd sensation at the tip of my penis. It is a tingling/pain sensation . Kind of like I need to pee but I don't. Trying not to get paranoid about it. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Li...]
    • [...]
    • [Le...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [fa...]
    • [Kr...]
    • [Le...]
    • [fe...]
    • [...]
    • [...]