• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bo...]

• [Re...]

• [Gr...]

• [fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Rent...thanks! Have you ever gone to get an EKG?

Yep that's what they did when I went to the er . :smitten:

In fact I plan on getting another one soon because I am still paranoid....... Talk about crazy right.

I am thinking of putting off my fillings for another month... Any thoughts? I am paranoid of anything and everything making this worse. In a month I will be at six months and might have some relief... At the same time making a decision out of fear is the benzos talking right.? Who knows ...

Thats a great question for thought Remy .. Making a decision out of fear... I think we have all done that . I certainly have.. I was fortunate enough to have a very good dentist and I explained a little to him about my anxiety .. ( not withdrawal just the anxiety) he was surprisingly very receptive and even more surprisingly ( and reassuring) was that he had hear it all before. That was fantastic , and I immediatly felt so much better straight away. He did do some work on my teeth but ( its hard to explain) it was very casual .. He talked me through it .. Sounds silly , but just like ' not much more ' ' nearly done' and he did three visits for what should have been done in one... So understanding ... And knowing it was only going to be 20 mins really helped.. Probably not always possible with some work but I was lucky.. I will even fly back to Auckland ( i don't live there anymore) to have my teeth checked by him .. Obviously emergency work ,that won't be possible but will face  that when it happens..

I do hope you are able to work around some of this fear. We live with tbis fear of our bodies everyday don't we... We'll get there !

This is a great thread-thank-you!

I have health anxiety after being very ill and then after being put on benzos and going into tolerance withdrawal after a few months...ugh!  So blasted hypersensitive and hyper reactive to everything.  Pushed too hard yesterday due to our very sick dog and feel bad today-ramping up health anxiety in a big way...sigh.

New Girl:  I get heart area pain and twinges.  Had ekgs, holter monitor, etc. and heart checks out fine.  Another doctor told me that vagus nerve spasms can cause similar symptoms because it is so close to the heart.  I feel a twinge or boom even and I have to remind myself that it's probably the vagus nerve.  I've also heard that reflux and bad stress can trigger vagus nerve spasms as well.  I know withdrawals are affecting it for sure....Hang in there!  :smitten:

Thanks again!

Welcome burnedout ..thats interesting about the vagus nerve.. It seems to control so much of our bodies reactions... I had it spasm once when going to the bathroom ( you get the picture !)  and it was real scary . Thought I was going to pass out..  Just something else to be scared of !!

I was thinking this morning about when my worst HA is and its definitly triggered by lack of sleep. My worst days of 'fear' are when I have had limited sleep. But thats a catch 22 isn't it .. Good sleep and withdrawal do not go together !!

Take care everyone BB x

I cancelled my doctors appointment. I have decided to swear off doctors till i am healed. I am either going to heal or i am going to die bottom line. So chasing a symptom with a doctor , seems like a whole ball of stress not conducive to withdrawal.

Burned~thanks for the encouragement. Good to see you over here (well...not really good. You know what I mean :crazy: I am just driving myself crazy worrying about every little pain. I didn't know what to expect when I jumped. I guess I was being overoptomistic thinking that there wouldn't be symptoms once I got off the poison!  : >:(

The chest pains really do feel like spasms. But they send me I to a complete, full blown panic attack.

BB ~ glad to be friends over here on the HA thread. The people here really get it. I appreciate the welcome aboard and support. And I agree that no sleep doesn't help the HA.

Remy ~ I canceled a few doc appointments myself. I figured they are only going to find something  if we go there with an issue. These doc's don't want to be caught "missing" something. And these days I guess they really need to CUA. I agree with waiting until you feel like you are healed...that's going to be my plan. Of course if you really don't feel well and are going to worry, then go get checked out.

Good night all. Yes, close to midnight,time for me to hunker down for my 3-4 hours of sleep  :tickedoff:

New Girl

Been a funny day ... Haven'r felt really myself at all.. Not sick , just a bit spacey .. Know what I mean?

Tried to distract but the fear built itself up. One of mine , apart from dying, is dementia... I KNOW all these symptons are withdrawl but it sure doesn't feel like that sometimes!i guess its what the call brain fog!

Evening here for me.. Hope I get a few more hours sleep to ight. Got the grandie coming tomorrow for school holidays ...

Night all xx

Been a funny day ... Haven'r felt really myself at sll. Not sock , just a bit spacey .. Know what I mean?

Tried to distract but the fear built itself up. One of iine , apart from dying, is dementia... I KNOW all these symptons are withdrawl but it sure doesn't feel like that sometimes!i guess its what the call brain fog!

Evening here for me.. Hope I get a few more hours sleep to ight. Got the grandie coming tomorrow for school holidays ...

Night all xx

You took the words right out of my mouth bozobertie.  Enjoy your grandie!

Oh my goodness GrandmaD... Seriously ? You too ?

The dementia thing.. I don't ever say much about that , cause it seems to be over ruled with all the heart attacks and strokes ! But every time I forget something, why I Came into a room , or what am I looking for in the fridge , as much as I laugh it off as old age I do worry its the begining of the dementia slippery slope..  Soooo many things to worry about..! That was actually one of the main reasons I made the decision to come off benzos.. The dementia .. Then it nags at the back of my mind is it too late...

Oh my goodness GrandmaD... Seriously ? You too ?

The dementia thing.. I don't ever say much about that , cause it seems to be over ruled with all the heart attacks and strokes ! But every time I forget something, why I Came into a room , or what am I looking for in the fridge , as much as I laugh it off as old age I do worry its the begining of the dementia slippery slope..  Soooo many things to worry about..! That was actually one of the main reasons I made the decision to come off benzos.. The dementia .. Then it nags at the back of my mind is it too late...

Hmm as of recently i have times i forget what i am doing... while i am doing it....................................... :crazy:

Please include me on that boat too  :o  Brain fog/cog and memory issues really tough right now but, so many who have recovered said that it passes along with all the other symptoms-fingers crossed!

Thanks Bozobertie for the welcome  :)

New Girl:  So sorry you are worrying a lot-me too  :(  I worry about any acute sxs now after jumping as well.  I just signed up with a hypnotherapist who said she can help address all these fears from withdrawal symptoms and health issues.  She seems very experienced and compassionate.

Please include me on that boat too  :o  Brain fog/cog and memory issues

Okay the only people allowed on this boat are people who cant remember things even while they are doing said things... All Aboard!!!!!

I can tell you how this boat trip ends right now...... :crazy:

Welcome aboard burned out

Me too -- my brain fog is acute at times and I worry about dementia -- along with everything else.  Today my main symptom is burning skin, especially legs, feet and hands. 

Me three...I can't remember something I said I was going to do, get, bring, etc even a few minutes after I have committed to it. I'm only a few weeks off, but I'm really hoping that the memory cells grow back :sick: we just have to hold each other up and keep posting our stories, whether they are good or bad. For me, it helps to read when others experience some of my same symptoms.

I also worry about dementia. My mom passed away less than a year ago with this, and it was terrible to watch her slip away and lose the person I had always known. :'( This is a very real fear for me. I feel like my memory has been getting worse since I started on this medicine years ago. I don't know when to expect some healing...will it be months? Years?

Hope and hugs to all our buddies here

New Girl

Hi

You've no idea how reassuring it is to hear about the worry of dementia is not just me.. Along with heart attacks and strokes they have to be the big three! Brain fog is awful.. I try so hard not to worry about it and keep repeating over and over its just withdrawal , but still worry . I think one of the worst symptons is ehen you're actually thinking of so ething you're going to do and can literally 'feel' it slip away in your brain. Hard to explain .. Does anyone get this feeling ?

BB!

Did you go from 5 mg down to 1.25 in two months? Is 1 mg of Ativan comparable to 1 mg of clonazepam? I've always worried about strokes and heart attacks. Now, the dementia thing :crazy:

Let's all try to practice not worrying...even for just a day, an hour, 15 minutes, like in a meditation.

I need to get off this worry wagon if I'm going to be off all meds. My husband and others keep asking me what I am going to do now that I'm off. I need to relearn how to do this. Let's all try to help each other by posting one thing to help with HA. I'll start with 15 minutes a day of some kind of meditation.

❤️New Girl

can I join this group? It would feel good to know that I can actually talk about this stuff.

I worry about losing my mind. Not just dementia, but actually going crazy. I worry terribly about all these symptoms. when I wake up and a wave of terror washes over me, I immediately freak out about it! what's wrong with my body? OMg, AGH!

can I join this group? It would feel good to know that I can actually talk about this stuff.

I worry about losing my mind. Not just dementia, but actually going crazy. I worry terribly about all these symptoms. when I wake up and a wave of terror washes over me, I immediately freak out about it! what's wrong with my body? OMg, AGH!

Losing my mind has been a real fear for me. Spooky stuff

Welcome Felis and ranomi