Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Evidence shows that CBG may inhibit the brain’s uptake of gamma-Aminobutyric acid (GABA). Blocking the brain’s absorption of this amino acid leads to increased extracellular concentrations of GABA which is beneficial in treating anxiety, insomnia, muscle tremors, and certain types of chronic pain.

I tried CBG and it felt stimulating to me and even caused anxiety. I’m wondering if it counteracts with our hijacked GABA receptors or if the science is wrong and it doesn’t work on GABA how we think.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see that you seem to be getting somewhere, Andros. Just wanted to post to say that it sounds promising and like you're on the right track.

[40...]

I’ve been trying out a Grand Daddy Purp vape pen (Indica) the last 10 days and it’s definitely made me feel sleepy which wasn’t happening before, hasn’t cured my insomnia but I think it’s helping a little bit. I’m going to keep using it, need as much relief as possible because my insomnia is ugly.

I hope it works for you man.

This insomnia crap is really debilitating. It's like a cruel irony: A drug you take for mild insomnia gives you ACUTE insomnia for months.

I have a vape pen coming as well. It looks like just THC won't put me down, but with the CBD oil I'm having somewhat luck.

This can potentially get expensive for me, 1000mg of CBD is around $40US for me. If I have to be taking 150mg a shot, I'll get 4.5 uses, almost $10 per dose.

I might try increasing the THC again and bumping down the CBD, but at least for this week I'll just keep on slamming this combo.

2 questions:

1. These vape pens seem to be oil based. I read somewhere on this thread that oil based inhalers are dangerous for your lungs. What's the deal with that?

2. Should the dose of THC or CBD be tapered at some point? Like if I'm on this stuff constantly for a month and have to get up to 30 or 40mg, when I take a break should I just stop? Or taper it?

Why on earth 150 mg of CBD? That’s allot. Also why vape? There is a huge difference between vape/sublingual and oral. They are two different metabolites that act very different. MCT oil is very bad, try to find a pure extract/distillate.

I have stopped using that much. The last time I tried it, I used 60mg of CBD and 20mg THC. With 2 differences:

1. I left the CBD under my tongue for 2 min before swallowing it.

2. I made sure to have some food in me (in this case a couple of oranges) before bedtime, along with the THC.

That combo got me a solid 7hr the last time I tried it.

I decided to alternate the Cannabis products and Mirtazapine, every 2 weeks I will do 3.75mg, and the next 2 weeks I will start with 15mg THC and 60mg CBD with some small food, and the sublingual thing. I will increase as needed for 2 weeks, and then switch back. This is so my body doesn't get used to the one thing.

On a very high plus note, on 3.75mg Mirt, It used to take me about 2hr to fall asleep, and I would wake up after 6hr and that was it. Now I can fall asleep in about 45min, and when I wake up at 8am, I can go back to sleep for another 1hr.

That's huge progress IMO, it means my brain is starting to heal. I still can't fall asleep on my own, and I'm waiting for this week to be over to I can swap over to the Cannabis for the 2 weeks, but if things keep going like this, maybe in a month I'll be back to normal.

I've basically engaged in my normal day to day again (having 5 months of backlogged stuff that I just had to drop due to this benzo nonsense) and I may yet have a success story soon.

[40...]

Glad to see that you seem to be getting somewhere, Andros. Just wanted to post to say that it sounds promising and like you're on the right track.

Thanks man, yes I am definitely making progress here. You and Badsocref have been a huge part of it, I appreciate both you guys for your knowledge and moral support :)

[40...]

I’ve been trying out a Grand Daddy Purp vape pen (Indica) the last 10 days and it’s definitely made me feel sleepy which wasn’t happening before, hasn’t cured my insomnia but I think it’s helping a little bit. I’m going to keep using it, need as much relief as possible because my insomnia is ugly.

I hope it works for you man.

This insomnia crap is really debilitating. It's like a cruel irony: A drug you take for mild insomnia gives you ACUTE insomnia for months.

I have a vape pen coming as well. It looks like just THC won't put me down, but with the CBD oil I'm having somewhat luck.

This can potentially get expensive for me, 1000mg of CBD is around $40US for me. If I have to be taking 150mg a shot, I'll get 4.5 uses, almost $10 per dose.

I might try increasing the THC again and bumping down the CBD, but at least for this week I'll just keep on slamming this combo.

2 questions:

1. These vape pens seem to be oil based. I read somewhere on this thread that oil based inhalers are dangerous for your lungs. What's the deal with that?

2. Should the dose of THC or CBD be tapered at some point? Like if I'm on this stuff constantly for a month and have to get up to 30 or 40mg, when I take a break should I just stop? Or taper it?

Why on earth 150 mg of CBD? That’s allot. Also why vape? There is a huge difference between vape/sublingual and oral. They are two different metabolites that act very different. MCT oil is very bad, try to find a pure extract/distillate.

I have stopped using that much. The last time I tried it, I used 60mg of CBD and 20mg THC. With 2 differences:

1. I left the CBD under my tongue for 2 min before swallowing it.

2. I made sure to have some food in me (in this case a couple of oranges) before bedtime, along with the THC.

That combo got me a solid 7hr the last time I tried it.

I decided to alternate the Cannabis products and Mirtazapine, every 2 weeks I will do 3.75mg, and the next 2 weeks I will start with 15mg THC and 60mg CBD with some small food, and the sublingual thing. I will increase as needed for 2 weeks, and then switch back. This is so my body doesn't get used to the one thing.

On a very high plus note, on 3.75mg Mirt, It used to take me about 2hr to fall asleep, and I would wake up after 6hr and that was it. Now I can fall asleep in about 45min, and when I wake up at 8am, I can go back to sleep for another 1hr.

That's huge progress IMO, it means my brain is starting to heal. I still can't fall asleep on my own, and I'm waiting for this week to be over to I can swap over to the Cannabis for the 2 weeks, but if things keep going like this, maybe in a month I'll be back to normal.

I've basically engaged in my normal day to day again (having 5 months of backlogged stuff that I just had to drop due to this benzo nonsense) and I may yet have a success story soon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention about the vape. Well, I ended up buying the cartridge and pen. However:

1. The dispensary promised to provide info on what components are on the pen but hasn't done so yet.

2. Since I have been getting 6hr sleep with the oral based products, I have not needed to consider the vape, so right now it's just sitting here brand new unused.

Someone told me that the only CBD oil that helped their anxiety contained right at the legal 0.3% limit of THC. Unfortunately they live in another country so their source isn't available to me in the US.

Anyone heard of any CBD product in the US that is advertised as containing 0.3% THC?

That probably means it's extracted from hemp with nothing stripped out of it, which is good if you can find it. 0.3% is the limit for THC in order to call it hemp instead of marijuana. It's a purely legal distinction. Sorry I can't be more specific, maybe someone else can chime in.

[bc...]

If you check the labels carefully, you'll find that a fair number of CBD products list the THC content.  They can't be above 0.3%, but you'll find plenty of them around 0.2-ish percent.

You can always blend your own tincture if you want a particular formulation.

Someone told me that the only CBD oil that helped their anxiety contained right at the legal 0.3% limit of THC. Unfortunately they live in another country so their source isn't available to me in the US.

Anyone heard of any CBD product in the US that is advertised as containing 0.3% THC?

Hi Nathan ,

Yes actually , one of my sons wants me to try this too , I am used to super high grade Seattle indica but could suddenly no longer take it in acute 2.25 years ago. I would go into a crisis thing ,, it was bad .

I am better now but my therapist told me yesterday I either have to go into LA to get a tincture or try the link my son sent . Because I need to be "peeled off the ceiling " I am so tense still ..insomnia/fright - you know the drill ... etc .

He uses these for pain and still works outside the home as a freight hauling manager so he has to be on his toes . Iv never seen these before but am going to see if I can get them around here .

Its Green & Wild  Hemparettes ..  The website cert was out but I got through anyway . He buys them at his smoke shop in a non legal state so

These are .3%

https://remedishop.com/product/green-wild-hemparettes/

I found a better safe link to get these

I just found this oil as well that is 0.3% it is not cheap but it is probably what I need also .

I may try this although Ive never had a CBD do anything .

Spruce 2,400MG Lab Grade CBD oil

https://takespruce.com/product/2400mg-lab-grade-cbd-oil/?rfsn=2546834.ac5974&subid=Health003

[40...]

The past 2 days, the 20mg THC and 60mg CBD have not had the same kick. Went to bed around 12am, had a harder onset time to sleep, and woke up around 4am and ended up taking a melatonin which helped to go back to sleep.

I guess I'm increasing the dose tonight. Going to do 25mg THC, and maybe 70mg CBD.

Question for the veterans: If I have to go as high as 40mg or even 50mg of THC, I will probably do it. However, at those doses, what issues can I run into with CT after, let's say, 2 weeks? I know sleeplessness is one symptom that (hopefully) clears up in a couple of days. Anything else I should be on the lookout for?

When I decide I need to take an indica holiday (stops working as well as it did) I usually experience insomnia, headaches and a bit of grumpiness. That's all. They ebb away, and in a week or so I go back to my usual dose and it works pretty well.

Oh, once I found the "goldilocks dose" for my indica, I never increased it when it seemed to not be working well . . . which happened after a couple of months. I just took a holiday. And my goldilocks dose is 35 mgs.

Hope this helps.

Katz

[40...]

When I decide I need to take an indica holiday (stops working as well as it did) I usually experience insomnia, headaches and a bit of grumpiness. That's all. They ebb away, and in a week or so I go back to my usual dose and it works pretty well.

Oh, once I found the "goldilocks dose" for my indica, I never increased it when it seemed to not be working well . . . which happened after a couple of months. I just took a holiday. And my goldilocks dose is 35 mgs.

Hope this helps.

Katz

Thanks Oregonkatz. Are you able to get any sleep without it normally?

I got 6hr last night with 25mg THC and 70mg CBD. Tonight I'm taking a break due to the fact that I have to do a night shift work call, so I will be awake all night anyway (hence no need to take anything to sleep).

I'm going to give sleeping tomorrow night a shot with nothing (I will be presumably very tired, and if my brain is healing, maybe I can get 4hr sleep?). There is no other way to find out other than to try it.

I doubt if I could just lie down and sleep. I've had a problem with insomnia forever. Lying there waiting for sleep pi**es me off so badly that sleep never comes. Acceptance is not in my vocabulary. That's why I got hooked on Ambien.

When I'm on my indica holiday, I resort to my old stand-bys in the form of go-to-sleep CDs and youtube audios. I used this strategy all during my taper and it worked well. I prefer not to test the "just lie down and sleep will come" thing. It never did for me. The soothing, distracting stories on the CDs take my mind off potential insomnia and I go right to sleep. So why don't I use them all the time, you might ask? I LIKE what the indica (edible) does. I feel myself gradually getting sleepy; I also feel a bit creative and optimistic. So I always go back to the indica. But I've tossed the Unisoms and other OTC sleep aids out of my life.

So that's my sleeping story!

Best to you,

Katz

[40...]

I doubt if I could just lie down and sleep. I've had a problem with insomnia forever. Lying there waiting for sleep pi**es me off so badly that sleep never comes. Acceptance is not in my vocabulary. That's why I got hooked on Ambien.

When I'm on my indica holiday, I resort to my old stand-bys in the form of go-to-sleep CDs and youtube audios. I used this strategy all during my taper and it worked well. I prefer not to test the "just lie down and sleep will come" thing. It never did for me. The soothing, distracting stories on the CDs take my mind off potential insomnia and I go right to sleep. So why don't I use them all the time, you might ask? I LIKE what the indica (edible) does. I feel myself gradually getting sleepy; I also feel a bit creative and optimistic. So I always go back to the indica. But I've tossed the Unisoms and other OTC sleep aids out of my life.

So that's my sleeping story!

Best to you,

Katz

Great, thank you!! Yeah the wait and see is a crapshoot basically. At least it works for you constantly. I guess I'll see how far I can get. I really do want to get back to sleeping on my own again though.

Thanks for this info Katz .

Alot , 

I had been wondering what you used on your holiday's off and how long your holidays were to re set

Does anyone know of any place that would send indica to Australia? I am absolutely struggling with sleep and could really use the help, it’s not completely illegal here u can get it medically but still illegal privately?

[40...]

I was hoping I would get some kind of a mental benefit out of the THC, but so far, even with CBD stacked, all I get is sedation (like Benadryl or Unisom).

I haven't tried Sativa based THC yet, but I may give some a shot this weekend.

[40...]

Does anyone know of any place that would send indica to Australia? I am absolutely struggling with sleep and could really use the help, it’s not completely illegal here u can get it medically but still illegal privately?

I have no idea of the legalities of Cannabis in Australia. I think you can get it if your doctor approves it. Maybe someone else can chime in?

[bc...]
The maladies that qualify for MMC in Australia are very limited.  In the US, one just needs to demonstrate PTSD in most states (which is pretty easy to demonstrate when in the midst of benzo withdrawal).

My dr said she would help me get it, but it costs a fortune to see cannabis drs then to actually buy it.  I’m sure some companies in the US would do it just hard to find one that will

Blue Duchess, about this:

Thanks for this info Katz .

Alot ,

I had been wondering what you used on your holiday's off and how long your holidays were to re set

On my indica holidays I went back to my old go-to-sleep CDs. I used them a lot during my taper. They worked very well. Oh, and camomille tea, double strength. When I couldn't sleep, or wakened up after a miserable short sleep, I got up and went into my office to my easy chair and sat in the dark with my cat listening to the CDs. And drinking tea. In about 45 minutes I'd get sleepy and go back to my bed. It was important for me not to just lie there in bed fuming because I couldn't sleep. I've always had a problem with insomnia, going all the way back to college. That's how I got into trouble with Ambien.

One of the most common ways to lower your cannabis tolerance is to take a break from using cannabis. These are often called “T breaks.” Research shows that, while THC can deplete your CB1 receptors, they can recover over time and return to their previous levels. The length of your T break is up to you.

As the above suggests, a break is necessary. You develop a tolerance and need to let your receptors recover. In my case, about 2 weeks does it. Then I am able to go back to my "regular" dose. I never increased my dose once I found the "goldilocks" amount that promotes sleep. In my case it's 35 mgs of indica.

This regimen may not work for everyone, but it works for me. And please don't anyone tell me that "sleep will just return if I'm patient." Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I envy those for whom sleep returned after their tapers. In my case, decent sleep never knew my address, before or after my taper, so it couldn't return. I'm happy I found indica. It works well for me and I can finally SLEEP! Yay!

Hope this info helps someone.

Katz

[40...]
On my indica holidays I went back to my old go-to-sleep CDs. I used them a lot during my taper. They worked very well. Oh, and camomille tea, double strength. When I couldn't sleep, or wakened up after a miserable short sleep, I got up and went into my office to my easy chair and sat in the dark with my cat listening to the CDs. And drinking tea. In about 45 minutes I'd get sleepy and go back to my bed. It was important for me not to just lie there in bed fuming because I couldn't sleep. I've always had a problem with insomnia, going all the way back to college. That's how I got into trouble with Ambien.

That's interesting that sleep CD's help you. Right now they do nothing for me. I get very relaxed, but don't fall asleep.

You might be a good candidate for a machine I've been using called the Ebb Cool Drift. It's a neat system. It wraps a band across your forehead that runs cool water all night long, effectively helping you slow down your excessive racing thoughts.

I bought it hoping I could sleep just with the machine. Sadly it didn't work for me if I just used that................but what I did find is that if I take Mirt or THC, and use the machine vs not use it, when I use the machine it cuts my sleep onset by about 30 mins. I've been able to fall asleep in the 45 min range, which is unheard of for me. If I don't use it, it takes anywhere from 1 hour to 1.5 hours to fall asleep with Mirt or THC.

If your brain is at the stage where you can sleep with a sleep CD, I bet this machine would be super useful to you.

Thanks again , kats , this is excellent info ,

I am pretty much like you in that I am off several years now and my sleep really never returned . I didn't have insomnia before but I DID have a very stressful life and still do really that I used benadryl for years for , then the indica  later  during YEARS of taper , well and before too since the 70s  but you never really know what you were getting .  Kind of but not like when it became legal in places.

I have my huge cache of ASMR , real unintentional ones , the staged ones dont help as well . Even then I notice that some nights my favorite ones just dont work and I have to keep searching until I find the one that does it .

[84...]

Hi guys,

I just got a strain called girl scout cookies based on reviews of it being relaxing and good for sleep. I am just wondering if this ever increases anxiety, as this is a fear of mine.

That said, my sleep is quite bad and broken - I wake every 1-2 hours, sleep 6 hours, and the first two wake ups are usually do to a panic attack or high anxiety. I am overall getting a little better every day in other ways, except sleep is almost worse. I rotate benadryl, remeron and unisom but all are losing their effectiveness. CBD doesn't seem to help at all, even at high doses up to 150mg.

Thanks!