Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Fluffer, Girl Scout Cookies is an indica/sativa hybrid -- about 60% indica and 40% sativa.

GSC, also called Girl Scout Cookies, is an indica-hybrid marijuana strain made by crossing OG Kush with Durban Poison. GSC produces euphoric effects followed by full-body relaxation

Speaking just for me, I wouldn't choose this as a go-to-sleep mj. My preferred strains are 100% indica. Sativas are known for producing those "euphoric effects" referred to above which I do not want as I'm anticipating sleep. However the full body relaxation would definitely encourage those zzzzzz's.

I'm not saying don't use it, just alerting you to the effects you might experience. And, hey, it might work out well for you. Different strains have different effects on different people. Maybe try a small amount and see how you go.

Hope this helps,

Katz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[f2...]
oregonkatz, do you have a strain that you like? It's legal in my state, so I think I can get almost anything. I just looked online at reviews for strains good for sleep and anxiety. Would GS cookies be good for evening relaxation maybe? Mostly, though, I want to sleep!

Fluffer, you might take a gander at this article:

https://weedmaps.com/news/2020/09/the-7-best-indica-strains/

I am using Northern Lights right now and it is certainly doing the job. I make a tincture from my mj flower bud, then make Gummi Bears. (I'll send you the recipe if you like). I don't smoke or vape -- I have asthma. I like the edibles for the slow, steady way the "stone" comes on. I pop a gummi about 9 p.m., get into bed, read a little, get more and more relaxed, then just drift into sleep. 

What I've found is that dispensaries have an ever-changing menu of products. You have to go in, browse, and talk to the budtenders. Their products are really well labelled so if you can't get whatever you bought last time, you can get a comparable.

Like you, I just want sleep.

Hope this helps,

Katz

[89...]

Fluffer, Girl Scout Cookies is an indica/sativa hybrid -- about 60% indica and 40% sativa.

GSC, also called Girl Scout Cookies, is an indica-hybrid marijuana strain made by crossing OG Kush with Durban Poison. GSC produces euphoric effects followed by full-body relaxation

Speaking just for me, I wouldn't choose this as a go-to-sleep mj. My preferred strains are 100% indica. Sativas are known for producing those "euphoric effects" referred to above which I do not want as I'm anticipating sleep. However the full body relaxation would definitely encourage those zzzzzz's.

I'm not saying don't use it, just alerting you to the effects you might experience. And, hey, it might work out well for you. Different strains have different effects on different people. Maybe try a small amount and see how you go.

Hope this helps,

Katz

I use a 70/30 mix, 70% Indica.

I get no euphoric effect at all. All I get is sedation. Which is fine by me, I want to sleep, not trip. But the last time I tried straight up Sativa I pretty much got a similar sedation, except it was wayyyy too chemical feeling.

[f2...]

Thanks for the advice, oregonkatz and Andros01. I just got some Blueberry OG - it looks like a pretty sedating prominently indica strain. I am vaping the oil because I had such a bad experience with edibles (it doesn't seem to agree with my intestines for some reason). That said, I always keep an open mind and who knows - maybe it was something else in that gummy that did it. I tried it 3 times and...ouch.

I'll try this tonight - if I get a nice night sleep I am going to be sooooooooo happy! Fingers crossed!

[f2...]

I just wanted to report back here and see if I can get some troubleshooting advice.

The good news - my night anxiety disappeared after vaping just a little! Awesome and I hope it’s not a coincidence and comes back.

Things to tweak: my mind felt really active, like I couldn’t stop it thinking about things all night. I was thinking of taking a little CBD tonight with the vape to see if that mellows it out and maybe try slightly more - maybe I was too conservative (just wasn’t sure last night.

Overall though a win! 7 hours sleep with 1/2 Benadryl twice at 1am and 5am. This is way better than 5 even if I did wake up a lot (about five times).

I'm going to second Katz fave Northern Lights .

That is also my favorite too besides Blueberry Kush

Those two single handedly got me down from 8 mgs of Klonopin a day , I was so poisoned and I could get NO help from any medical professional , without those two I don't think I would have made it .

[89...]

I'm going to second Katz fave Northern Lights .

That is also my favorite too besides Blueberry Kush

Those two single handedly got me down from 8 mgs of Klonopin a day , I was so poisoned and I could get NO help from any medical professional , without those two I don't think I would have made it .

I'm holding a purple kush pen I have never used, lol.

The tinctures seems to be working, and I'm scared of inhaling the oil.

It seems I am essentially healed though, as I have been able to sleep at least 5hr on my own with nothing, and if I add THC I'm getting a full 8hr now

Andros, if the tincture is working, why make a change? Unless you just want to experiment with vaping. I can't vape as I'm asthmatic, so I stick to edibles.

Fluffer, good for you! I find the indica gives me (mellow) creative thoughts. Nothing like sativa which makes me goofy and wired, though. I've had some good ideas (seriously) for my writing (I'm an author) while the indica is soothing me to sleep. It's as though it relaxes me and wipes away worry so these welcome ideas can bubble up. Some people find a hybrid indica/cbd is helpful, but I've not found that. Everyone's different, though. And some added CBD might quiet your mind. (I do use CBD occasionally but only in the daytime if I get a squirrely attack of anxiety. It chills me out).

Sounds like you're on the right track, Fluff. 7 hours -- woo hoo!

Best,

Katz

[89...]

Andros, if the tincture is working, why make a change? Unless you just want to experiment with vaping. I can't vape as I'm asthmatic, so I stick to edibles.

Fluffer, good for you! I find the indica gives me (mellow) creative thoughts. Nothing like sativa which makes me goofy and wired, though. I've had some good ideas (seriously) for my writing (I'm an author) while the indica is soothing me to sleep. It's as though it relaxes me and wipes away worry so these welcome ideas can bubble up. Some people find a hybrid indica/cbd is helpful, but I've not found that. Everyone's different, though. And some added CBD might quiet your mind. (I do use CBD occasionally but only in the daytime if I get a squirrely attack of anxiety. It chills me out).

Sounds like you're on the right track, Fluff. 7 hours -- woo hoo!

Best,

Katz

Because at the beginning, the THC was only knocking me out for 4-5hr, my idea was to do like a couple of others here: When I'd wake up at night, take a puff of a pen and go back to sleep.

I ended up just increasing the THC dose though, and have been getting 8hr nights the past few days (and still sleeping on my own for 5hr if I take nothing). So the pen seems like something I won't need anymore, but I'll keep it around for now in case of anything.

I’m so happy for u guys but now I really need to get my hands on some. God I’d do anything for solid sleep every night

[89...]

I’m so happy for u guys but now I really need to get my hands on some. God I’d do anything for solid sleep every night

My brain is healing now Shayna, I've been able to get 4-5hr sleep on my own, no cannabis, no drugs, no supplements. I think in acute phase nothing helps you, and the cannabis helps in a similar way to Unisom (indirectly making you drowsy, like an anti-histamine, but with the cannabinoid receptors instead). I started taking it as a backup way to sleep when the Remeron stopped working for me. I like the Remeron sleep a lot more personally, but I'm at the stage where Cannabis pushes my natural 5hr to a solid 8hr.

That’s awesome andros x so happy for u.

I’m getting a referral for the cannabis drs. I called them yesterday and they have indica flowers and products. It’s $150 for the consultation and then $21 per gram (is what I’ve read) for flowers and I won’t need much to try to begin with. Plus I should be able to get a letter from them saying I have a chronic condition and that I’m permitted to use it (incase I’m drug tested)

So fingers crossed I’ll have another tool to get me thru acute.

[f2...]

I just wanted to report back on my indica sleep experiment.

I am getting an amazing 7 hours of sleep now! I take 25mg of CBD oil sublingually then vape the oil. It was so much smoother that way - no racing thoughts like before. I do two puffs (estimated 8mg THC) at bedtime and one puff when I wake up (twice). I also take 1/4 unisom right now, but hoping to drop that soon (I was up from 3:30-4:30 or I wouldn't have taken it).

I hope this is a sign of healing :-)

I’m getting a referral for the cannabis drs. I called them yesterday and they have indica flowers and products. It’s $150 for the consultation and then $21 per gram (is what I’ve read) for flowers and I won’t need much to try to begin with. Plus I should be able to get a letter from them saying I have a chronic condition and that I’m permitted to use it (incase I’m drug tested)

Awesome news, Shayna!!!

[89...]

I so hope it works for you. A gram is not bad, 1 gram, assuming you use 20-30mg a night, should last you around a month, and you'd be able to test if it does for for you. All the best of luck.

LOL @ these memes .

I am really hoping to just go get a tincture . I tried to vape for about a week once and it felt like I was getting popcorn lung so I stopped. I just had a regular pipe . I have been hearing about a pen , call Dosist ( sp) that I would like to try but I am going to try to make the effort to go tincture . I did a heavy indica tincture at my fiances funeral and was the only way  could get through that. I was 4 yrs into the 5 year taper and just really ill by that point .