Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

[74...]
I know manufacturers want to create vape products that are not harsh.  Some do better than others.  Might want to ask around to see who (in your area) is producing the best product.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[8a...]

I know manufacturers want to create vape products that are not harsh.  Some do better than others.  Might want to ask around to see who (in your area) is producing the best product.

Well, I didn't have any luck last night. Did not sleep at all, even with 7mg. I definitely felt the drowsiness, but the damn worry and anxiety about my situation did not let me sleep.

One thing I'm going to have to do is leave the forum for a couple of weeks, as sadly, this place has done me more harm than good, with all the horror stories.

[74...]

Well, I didn't have any luck last night. Did not sleep at all, even with 7mg. I definitely felt the drowsiness, but the damn worry and anxiety about my situation did not let me sleep.

One thing I'm going to have to do is leave the forum for a couple of weeks, as sadly, this place has done me more harm than good, with all the horror stories.

I couldn't read the horror stories when I was in recovery.  Find calm & positivity.

[8a...]

I couldn't read the horror stories when I was in recovery.  Find calm & positivity.

This thread has been the most calming. Your knowledge as well as other good buddies on this thread has been phenomenal, but just thinking about the forum in general is triggering to me now :(

I know the THC allows me to sleep, but I felt I was way too anxious last night, and it's mostly due to the horror stories here, so I have to go by force for at least a couple of weeks, if not a month.

I'm going to take the whole day today to relax as much as possible, and I will probably try with 10mg tonight.

I do have a question: I have a bunch of CBD oil. I'm thinking using it during the day to help relax me. I don't want to mix it with the THC in case it hinders my ability to sleep even more. How long does CBD last in the body, and should I even bother using it during the day?

I have a suggestion that might help you. First, I think you're right that figuring a bit of a plan and then taking a few days away is a good idea. Don't worry that you didn't sleep so well. Is it possible that excitement and perhaps even a little pressure is the culprit. You think you've found something and you want it to work like it does for others, so you get a little wound up and the THC can just rev that up a little even though it's an indica dominant. What I said about the cerebral (head) effects diminishing with repeated uses is true. That might be helpful for less mind-chatter and more sleep. 10mg is fine, not a big step up in intensity. If it's not even a noticeable difference, I would take that as a sign that you can be more bold since you don't seem to be one that is very sensitive to cannabis. I wouldn't be surprised if you settle in the range of 15-20mg. I prefer a little more and sometimes a lot more.

I had a vape pen and it knocked my head off. It was great at the time but not the best for healing due to my propensity to get carried away and how easy it is to take strong hit after strong hit. I shield myself from this possibility by keeping away from vape pens but if you have the discipline, it could work. Similar to the dry herb vaporizer, it probably has the edge for sleep due to the immediacy of action versatility, just smell could be a problem.

Good luck with your break. Nothing wrong with experimenting with a little CBD too in the daytime. Nothing wrong with combining with THC products too. Lots of people do that and certainly for some, it'll increase the drowsiness and slow the mind down more. I'd perhaps continue with your plan, see how they work separately, perhaps see how they combine at a later date.

It's a big deal but it's not, at the same time. You're being sensible and cautious, and your reactions seem normal, so I would say that nothing bad is likely to happen. It's just a matter of confidence.

[8a...]

I have a suggestion that might help you. First, I think you're right that figuring a bit of a plan and then taking a few days away is a good idea. Don't worry that you didn't sleep so well. Is it possible that excitement and perhaps even a little pressure is the culprit. You think you've found something and you want it to work like it does for others, so you get a little wound up and the THC can just rev that up a little even though it's an indica dominant. What I said about the cerebral (head) effects diminishing with repeated uses is true. That might be helpful for less mind-chatter and more sleep. 10mg is fine, not a big step up in intensity. If it's not even a noticeable difference, I would take that as a sign that you can be more bold since you don't seem to be one that is very sensitive to cannabis. I wouldn't be surprised if you settle in the range of 15-20mg. I prefer a little more and sometimes a lot more.

I had a vape pen and it knocked my head off. It was great at the time but not the best for healing due to my propensity to get carried away and how easy it is to take strong hit after strong hit. I shield myself from this possibility by keeping away from vape pens but if you have the discipline, it could work. Similar to the dry herb vaporizer, it probably has the edge for sleep due to the immediacy of action versatility, just smell could be a problem.

Good luck with your break. Nothing wrong with experimenting with a little CBD too in the daytime. Nothing wrong with combining with THC products too. Lots of people do that and certainly for some, it'll increase the drowsiness and slow the mind down more. I'd perhaps continue with your plan, see how they work separately, perhaps see how they combine at a later date.

It's a big deal but it's not, at the same time. You're being sensible and cautious, and your reactions seem normal, so I would say that nothing bad is likely to happen. It's just a matter of confidence.

That's super awesome man, appreciate the feedback. I will probably buy a vape pen and try it out. My discipline is pretty good. I don't see myself predisposed to puff at all times, but it would sure help to get an immediate hit.

I am almost positive this stuff helps, because the first time I tried it, I slept 5hr no problem. But in the past couple of days my anxiety has been pretty high, and 80% of it is reading this board about people who are 10x worse than I am. Heck, all I need to be able to do is sleep 5hr on my own, and I'm set.

So I'll probably be away for a couple of weeks, or maybe a bit more, and just completely get away from ALL benzo talk. You guys were much worse, and you recovered fine. I can't see why I can't do the same.

Take care friends :)

No.

And in fact when I use indica just before bed, I notice that it makes my anxiety/depression (if I have any) lift a little, smoothing out all the ripples in my lake. I feel calm . . . and then sleepy. And sometimes a creative idea suggests itself to me (I'm an author . . . always open to creative ideas). Nothing WOW!! Just a calm what-if.

Hope this helps,

Katz

[8a...]

Thought I'd give an update.

The night before, with 10mg THC and 2g of Taurine, I slept 5hr.

Last night however, I did not sleep at all on 10mg THC and 3g Taurine. I did not feel the sedative effect the same as the first time (I guess my body is already getting used to it, after 4 nights)

I need to catch up on sleep, so I will probably have to take Mirtazapine for a couple of days to get my equilibrium back. Then I plan to try with 20mg and see how it goes for me.

The idea was to get away from BB for a few weeks, but instead I've decided to spend as much time as possible in the Success stories.

[8a...]

Ok, last 2 days on Mirt I have slept ok. 6hr the first night, 4hr last night.

Tonight I'm giving the THC another shot. I'm adding some CBD Oil, I took 55mg right now, and I plan on taking 100mg CBD along with 15mg THC 1hr before bedtime, and see how it goes for me.

[8a...]

Well, I did 15mg THC and 110mg CBD last night.

It sure got me drowsy as heck, but I did not fall asleep. I had to take some Mirtazapine 3 hours later, and that got me to sleep 4hr.

I'm trying 20mg THC tonight and 150mg CBD.

I don't understand how I can get so drowsy and not fall asleep, I guess my mind is just fighting thru it for some reason. We'll see how it goes tonight. I may have to give up on cannabis completely and just stick to what works for a few months, but maybe I'll get lucky tonight and hit the perfect dose.

I am glad I finally noticed this group .

This is my second time in life to go through this and you can see how far off I am now and I am just plain worn out .

I would really like to get back on my indica but for the gaba thing ..

I must've smoked 5000 lbs of indica during the 5 years I tapered . I was really sick in w/d and it saved me . I have not had any since the day I jumped . I was in Seattle then I am back in LA now so its legal .

I am worn out and have just a really huge level of stress in my life that wont be letting up soon and I just cannot decide what to do .  I am fair besides not tolerating stress  ,tinnitus and this sleep thing . The sleep thing is a giant source of stress in itself . I do ALL the hygiene things . if I didnt it would be worse .  I keep thinking no it it'll mess with gaba . etc etc Ill go back into acute etc etc .

CBD does nothing for me . I might as well take some olive oil . My grown daughters wish I would do a tincture . There is also a certain variety of vape pen I want to try . At 58 I just want some quality of life at this point .

Blue, what do you mean "I keep thinking no it it'll mess with gaba"? Can you explain or better yet, provide a link to a research paper or study that explains how indica "messes with gaba"? I am not sure what you mean.

And when you smoked those 5000 pounds of indica, did the indica make you sleepy?

It's a darned shame that you can't/won't use it to help your insomnia. For me, indica is the best anti-insomnia drug I ever tried.  Like you, CBD does nothing for me except make me a little less anxious when I'm squirrelly.

Best wishes,

Katz

[74...]

Blue, what do you mean "I keep thinking no it it'll mess with gaba"? Can you explain or better yet, provide a link to a research paper or study that explains how indica "messes with gaba"? I am not sure what you mean.

And when you smoked those 5000 pounds of indica, did the indica make you sleepy?

It's a darned shame that you can't/won't use it to help your insomnia. For me, indica is the best anti-insomnia drug I ever tried.  Like you, CBD does nothing for me except make me a little less anxious when I'm squirrelly.

Best wishes,

Katz

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3207709/

The interaction is weak.  Personally, I pay it no mind. 

No just what I have seen some posters around the forum  warn about , nothing concrete at all .

I am almost to that point Kat , I really am , I had such a bad bad w/d I am scared of even a tylenol but I am finally wearing out and wearing down . If I were younger maybe Id have the want to see how long or if ever it takes to be able to rest but at my age at over 2 years off  I am really thinking how many years do I have to keep on like this ???

Oh yes Indica always makes me sleepy . always , I have started to tell myself ,  if I could sleep normally again things would be ALOT better .

I am always so jealous when you talk about your tincture .. I had a great one from a friend up in Portland .

I may do like you mentioned elsewhere in the thread and try a little during the day . I am exhausted, BAD headache , wild temper all from just pure exhaustion .

This was Bads quote i was looking for . I know what he means , this was what I was talking about really . Just that some of the folks in general around the forum , warning about all KINDS of things that will affect gaba - when in life you really cant avoid it .  Cannabis only being one . It's made me afraid to try but when I saw Bads post there I was glad I wasnt alone in wanting to return to it post benzo by a few years .

Sometimes, I think we get a little too worried about GABAA.  It's impossible to completely avoid foods/agents that affect that system.  Eat an orange - limonene.  Herbal tea - linalool.  Mangos - myrcene.  Apples - terpinoline.  Spices - caryophyllene.  There's GABA in milk.  Smell a flower, have sex, watch a movie, eat a carrot - all of these will affect your gabaergic system to some degree. 

The point is - if you look hard enough, you'll find gabaergic agents in nearly everything you eat/drink/smell.  The huge majority will do you no harm.  Yeah, stay away from alcohol - that one's a given for most folks.  But unless you plan on living in a monastery on a diet of white bread and water, you're going to encounter gabaergic compounds.

[8a...]

This was Bads quote i was looking for . I know what he means , this was what I was talking about really . Just that some of the folks in general around the forum , warning about all KINDS of things that will affect gaba - when in life you really cant avoid it .  Cannabis only being one . It's made me afraid to try but when I saw Bads post there I was glad I wasnt alone in wanting to return to it post benzo by a few years .

Sometimes, I think we get a little too worried about GABAA.  It's impossible to completely avoid foods/agents that affect that system.  Eat an orange - limonene.  Herbal tea - linalool.  Mangos - myrcene.  Apples - terpinoline.  Spices - caryophyllene.  There's GABA in milk.  Smell a flower, have sex, watch a movie, eat a carrot - all of these will affect your gabaergic system to some degree. 

The point is - if you look hard enough, you'll find gabaergic agents in nearly everything you eat/drink/smell.  The huge majority will do you no harm.  Yeah, stay away from alcohol - that one's a given for most folks.  But unless you plan on living in a monastery on a diet of white bread and water, you're going to encounter gabaergic compounds.

Yeah I'm one of those who stopped worrying about it (or at least minimized it).

Last night I took 150mg CBD and 20mg THC.

That got me about 5hr sleep, and I experienced the "couch lock". I could barely move in my bed, but I fell asleep eventually for around 5hr.

So that's looking promising for me. I'll probably do the same thing tonight and see how it goes.

[8a...]

I did the exact same thing last night: 20mg THC, 150mg CBD.

Slept about 5hr again. Although this time the sedating effect was slightly less.

Plan on doing the same thing tonight again.

I’ve been trying out a Grand Daddy Purp vape pen (Indica) the last 10 days and it’s definitely made me feel sleepy which wasn’t happening before, hasn’t cured my insomnia but I think it’s helping a little bit. I’m going to keep using it, need as much relief as possible because my insomnia is ugly.

[8a...]

I’ve been trying out a Grand Daddy Purp vape pen (Indica) the last 10 days and it’s definitely made me feel sleepy which wasn’t happening before, hasn’t cured my insomnia but I think it’s helping a little bit. I’m going to keep using it, need as much relief as possible because my insomnia is ugly.

I hope it works for you man.

This insomnia crap is really debilitating. It's like a cruel irony: A drug you take for mild insomnia gives you ACUTE insomnia for months.

I have a vape pen coming as well. It looks like just THC won't put me down, but with the CBD oil I'm having somewhat luck.

This can potentially get expensive for me, 1000mg of CBD is around $40US for me. If I have to be taking 150mg a shot, I'll get 4.5 uses, almost $10 per dose.

I might try increasing the THC again and bumping down the CBD, but at least for this week I'll just keep on slamming this combo.

2 questions:

1. These vape pens seem to be oil based. I read somewhere on this thread that oil based inhalers are dangerous for your lungs. What's the deal with that?

2. Should the dose of THC or CBD be tapered at some point? Like if I'm on this stuff constantly for a month and have to get up to 30 or 40mg, when I take a break should I just stop? Or taper it?

[74...]
Ask at the dispensary about vape formulations that are mild/kind to lungs.  You might end up buying a proper e-pipe and using crumble or something like that.

[8a...]

Ask at the dispensary about vape formulations that are mild/kind to lungs.  You might end up buying a proper e-pipe and using crumble or something like that.

Ok thanks man. When did you know that you no longer had to use THC to sleep? Did you just trial and error it?

[74...]
I use it almost nightly, although I recently reduced my dose.  I've been a light sleeper since I was in grade school.  THC has been the only reliable fix that hasn't stopped working or compromised my health (as benzos did).  I can sleep without it, but sleep onset is much slower and sleep duration is shorter and more broken.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it works for you man.

This insomnia crap is really debilitating. It's like a cruel irony: A drug you take for mild insomnia gives you ACUTE insomnia for months.

I have a vape pen coming as well. It looks like just THC won't put me down, but with the CBD oil I'm having somewhat luck.

This can potentially get expensive for me, 1000mg of CBD is around $40US for me. If I have to be taking 150mg a shot, I'll get 4.5 uses, almost $10 per dose.

I might try increasing the THC again and bumping down the CBD, but at least for this week I'll just keep on slamming this combo.

2 questions:

1. These vape pens seem to be oil based. I read somewhere on this thread that oil based inhalers are dangerous for your lungs. What's the deal with that?

2. Should the dose of THC or CBD be tapered at some point? Like if I'm on this stuff constantly for a month and have to get up to 30 or 40mg, when I take a break should I just stop? Or taper it?

Why on earth 150 mg of CBD? That’s allot. Also why vape? There is a huge difference between vape/sublingual and oral. They are two different metabolites that act very different. MCT oil is very bad, try to find a pure extract/distillate.