Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

hi Scaredie,

I cut and held 0.065 the first two weeks and 0.06 the third and fourth weeks... all just from

the evening dose. Kept the afternoon constant.

I checked that the percentage was within the 5-10% for two weeks recommended. Percentage drops listed in my signature but basically I wanted to try .125 a month and see if it was doable.

Not just planned... I did do this for two months but the last cut was 8.76% and that was too much for me for a cut and hold... I could have dropped to a  lower cut/hold percentage but decided to drop percentage and start trying DMT with liquid. I'm now doing a 4.8% drop in 2 weeks but with smaller daily drops which I'm hoping will reduce the withdrawal symptoms. It seems to be working. Fingers crossed.

Awesome thanks nolo.

Yeah, sorry if I don’t understand everything in your signature either.

So are going to all liquid now? No more capsules nor tablets? Be well

.5 clonazapam Qualitest/solco switch from Teva more fatigue? Hangover? Alternatives

Hi folks,

So I tried to taper my daily total 3.5mg of clonazapam by making a .25 cut & hold, 6/4-6/10 while @ the same time trying to switch over to a new generic after taking teva daily for 8 years. That small cut gave me withdrawal that I wasn’t expecting & decided to reinstate until I’m crossed over to a new generic & get through some other life issues. But, I’ve been so tired on clonazapam since before that & am now starting I think to feel more sedated. It’s hard to measure, I’ve been crossing over slowly, intermixing less & less of my left over tevas with my Qualitest/solco, I was in withdrawal, & have already been overly sedated for a long time.

I’ve been slowly increasing the Qualitest/solco can’t remember, but I think last night I went from 1mg solco 1mg teva @ bed to 1.5 solco & .5 teva @ bed, plus I took it later than normal.

Is it possible that I’ve had a hangover from increasing the new solco dose, if it’s an updose from teva?

I’ve felt just awful fatigue today. I think the same thing happened when I cut half of teva out of b d time dose adding in solco, but I was in withdrawal at time, but remember being extra foggy the next am & day.

Anyone have experience with these two generic clonazapam s& how they compare. I know we are all different. I don’t want to cross to something that’s less effective than teva, but I can’t deal with more fatigue & can’t taper right now either.

Should I stop slowly switching the tevas out & just go straight to solco to see their effect better or continue crossing over by slowly removing the tevas?

How will I know if I’m updosed? What would I do about it in my situation of not wanting to taper or mess with medication stability right now?

Am also considering trying actavis if can get. Again, I know we’re all different, but has anyone taken & preferred teva & then tried activis? Your impression?

Anyone who’s taken mostly teva clonazapam for a year or more & switched to a different generic have insight/input on comparisons?

Much thanks, be well, Scaredie

Hi again, also, anyone who’s tried to cut & hold then reinstated. Can it take a few days to feel back to normal? Like some lingering jaw tension or fatigue o4 other symptoms?

Much thanks Scaredie xx

Yes, it can take a few days. I normally get relief from an updose in two to three days, sometimes up to a week to get back to whatever normal feels like now.

Thanks NJ :) for responding even when your not feeling up to snuff.

Updosed & crossing over, trying to decide what alternative generic to try than the one I’m currently on, if need be & im just stressing self out. Am still on 1.5 teva & 2mg solco/qualitest per day. By Saturday. It will be all solco. So I guess hard to say what’s what.

Be wellxx

High guys, hope all are well. Just need to post my sxs since c&h 6/4-6/10 then reinstatement & crossover. I’m not sure what they’re coming from. I feel like I should be over the up dose, & that they would therefore be from crossover or ingredients in new med not reacting well with me. Please give your thoughts if you have time.

Appologize for any repetition. I’m really not trying to sound like a complainer, just explaining & needing thoughts on what to do.

I’m still trying to patiently adjust to solco generic. It’s weird because even though I did a short cut & hold & then reinstated, so am technically still stabilizing from that. I really don’t think that’s what’s causing my current symptoms.

Teeth clenching tight painful jaw, bad headaches, intrusive morning thoughts, low steady depression on verge of tears, but not crying, night waking, night sweats(since reinstating)slight nausea this am @ 1.5 mg teva per day & 2mg solco now, tomorrow 6/15 will be @ 1mg teva 2.5 solco, Saturday 6/16 will be all Solco.

So I’ve been oversedated from my clonazapam for awhile now trying to figure out how to get started on my taper & then this happens-bad cut & hold reinstatement & then crossover. I’ve been taking the new solco mostly at night, but decided to try one this am to check it out, boy was I hit with sedation within the hour, seemed much more than teva,(hard to say though because I’ve very sedated from teva before, too, but it was different, heavier, with semi nausea/diziness)but not yesterday, on teva, so I do feel a bit more foggy/groggy, I think on this new medso seems like I could be updosing, but still having withdrawal sxs? Also this pill dissolves rapidly in mouth if you don’t have water to take right on hand. Had to run downstairs last night for water & had a mouthful of dissolved pills. This am, it got stuck in my throat. I thought that since I havnt had full out insomnia(even though not all the way crossed over sleep has been pretty ok, considering) that that would be a good indicator of it being a good crossover med, but, I can’t do more sedation. So I don’t know?

I took morning solco dose @ 6:40am, it’s now 12:40pm & I’m coming out of fog/fatigue but feel queasy, a bit dizzy, & anxious. Ooo don’t like all these changes. I ended up in a full on sobbing meltdown right @ this point, until my Teva k pin kicked in then all was calm & ok mood.

It feels like solco is an updose(or even dose)in a very bad way, it clobbered me over the head, to where I couldn’t think, do, move, then it was very apparent when it wore off. Whereas teva is more smooth & I don’t feel it wear off between dosing.

The horrible headaches(forehead, temple area, & just all over) jaw, clenching pain,(helped by Aleve) & most worrisome is night sweats all started after reinstating & as new generic dose is increasing. Today after taking new solco for first time during the day, I got body chills too.

Do you think could be having bad reaction to ingredients in new generic?

Still reinstatment adjusting?

If it’s an updose but isn’t active as long as teva, couldn’t that cause instability?

What to do if I keep feeling too updosed, sedation, depression, can’t function wise?

Try another generic? Asap before get too adjusted to this zombie med?

I was already too sedated on teva.

Your thoughts & feedback are much appreciated.

Wishing you love & peace & a great day SC

Hey guys, haven't started my taper yet. I'm not really stable on the 1.5mg I've been on for the past 3.5 years. Considering updosing to 2mg to stabilize before beginning a liquid taper using either milk or alcohol.

I've noticed there aren't a whole lot of success stories with Klonopin withdrawal posted, the few I found are from people who have less than 50 posts and all of them beginning the time that they  were "healed".

I'm wondering if there's really any hope for us. . . and particularly if anyone with akathisia managed to successfully get off, how bad was it and HOW?

Frotob: Lots of us successfully tapered off of K. 

As you see this board says # 2 - so there was a # 1 board that most of us were on and most of us who used that one are off this site and doing well.  I wish they would come back and post their success stories though I do understand why many don't- it is a memory of an awful time for most of us, one we would rather forget.

So yes you can do this and you will be fine.

My own opinion re your taper - I would hesitate to go up that much in order to go down.  If you do feel the need to updose why don't you try a much smaller one and see how you do on that before going up .5 mg.  Perhaps .125mg would give you the break you need and then when you feel up to it you can start your taper. 

I didn't have akathisia so I can't speak to that but if it is due to the taper and the benzo once off your body does heal and what the benzo caused will disappear. 

Kgirl

As you see this board says # 2 - so there was a # 1 board that most of us were on and most of us who used that one are off this site and doing well.  I wish they would come back and post their success stories though I do understand why many don't- it is a memory of an awful time for most of us, one we would rather forget.

My own opinion re your taper - I would hesitate to go up that much in order to go down.  If you do feel the need to updose why don't you try a much smaller one and see how you do on that before going up .5 mg.  Perhaps .125mg would give you the break you need and then when you feel up to it you can start your taper. 

I didn't have akathisia so I can't speak to that but if it is due to the taper and the benzo once off your body does heal and what the benzo caused will disappear. 

Kgirl

Thank you for the reassurance, I don't remember this website being so negative. Seems to be a whole lot of people upset that they aren't healed. You can tell from the number of posts I've got that I've been here, I believe my account was created in like 2013 lol. It's very difficult for me to get excited about a taper that will take over a year, with no guarantee of feeling better past that point. Particularly when I see so many others struggling to cope.

This support group is but a mere shell of the first KK #1. My opinion. So much time spent on the bottom third of the support groups.

Hard for me to understand that as so many people are taking K.

Sad state as far as I’m concerned.

Kgirl

Thank you for the reassurance, I don't remember this website being so negative. Seems to be a whole lot of people upset that they aren't healed. You can tell from the number of posts I've got that I've been here, I believe my account was created in like 2013 lol. It's very difficult for me to get excited about a taper that will take over a year, with no guarantee of feeling better past that point. Particularly when I see so many others struggling to cope.

Hi Frotob,

I agree with Kgirl.  An updose, if you see it necessary might be better at a smaller amount because you very well could stabilize there.  I did an updose if .125mg before beginning my taper.  Held it for a month.  Best of luck to you! 

This support group is but a mere shell of the first KK #1. My opinion. So much time spent on the bottom third of the support groups.

I think this is starting to get more active in recent weeks. I know I appreciate the support from others also on klonopin. Especially with the craziness of the discontinuing of the teva brand which many of us have used for years and are now scrambling for alternatives.

I think this is starting to get more active in recent weeks. I know I appreciate the support from others also on klonopin. Especially with the craziness of the discontinuing of the teva brand which many of us have used for years and are now scrambling for alternatives.

What’s the verdict on alternatives for generic brand?  Anyone having good results with another?

Unicorn and NJ,

I posted a very long response yesterday on that Teva discontinued support group started by Scardie. It told of my results from an email I sent to Teva to get specifics on what drug of theirs is being discontinued and what is taking its place.

That post is so big that I concede it’s hard to decipher and understand. My iPad is acting up, so I had to go to my computer to do it. And it’s still ridiculously long. Today, I’m on my iPad again so I don’t even know what’s going to happen with this post.

But first I’m going to address this KK #2 support group. It’s really up to all new members who take K to decide how they feel about this group. I don’t consider myself a member here or anywhere on BB anymore for that matter. I think I explained in that huge post yesterday. To be totally frank, I was especially rushed and disturbed yesterday. But as I look back on the first KK group, we were a pretty cohesive bunch, and new members quickly joined as so many people then and now we’re on K. It felt like home to me, and this new one doesn’t. I know it’s me and not any particular person or other support group. I think this Long Hold Support group is the “go to” spot now. Well, I’ve had to do long holds myself because my doc wanted me to, and adjusting to constant generic switches also necessitated that. But for some reason, (me again) I’m not comfortable there either. KK #1 is archived now, and it is super long and got that way fast, and was just “the best” in so many ways that I guess I’ll never be able to feel comfortable here or anywhere again. I’m pretty sure it’s all these generic switches. They’ve truly affected me and kept me from totally getting off.

I’m not so supportive now, feel alienated, alone, and externally on BB, I get ignored on almost every post I make. I’ve just kept this account “in case of.” That turned out to be good because the very day I started tapering again, I read somewhere on BB of Mylan K and Sandoz K discontinuations, and then Teva K discontinuations. Hope this group takes off, but who knows if it will or not. Still baffled by that as so many here are on K.

Unicorn and NJ,

I posted a very long response yesterday on that Teva discontinued support group started by Scardie. It told of my results from an email I sent to Teva to get specifics on what drug of theirs is being discontinued and what is taking its place.

That post is so big that I concede it’s hard to decipher and understand. My iPad is acting up, so I had to go to my computer to do it. And it’s still ridiculously long. Today, I’m on my iPad again so I don’t even know what’s going to happen with this post.

But first I’m going to address this KK #2 support group. It’s really up to all new members who take K to decide how they feel about this group. I don’t consider myself a member here or anywhere on BB anymore for that matter. I think I explained in that huge post yesterday. To be totally frank, I was especially rushed and disturbed yesterday. But as I look back on the first KK group, we were a pretty cohesive bunch, and new members quickly joined as so many people then and now we’re on K. It felt like home to me, and this new one doesn’t. I know it’s me and not any particular person or other support group. I think this Long Hold Support group is the “go to” spot now. Well, I’ve had to do long holds myself because my doc wanted me to, and adjusting to constant generic switches also necessitated that. But for some reason, (me again) I’m not comfortable there either. KK #1 is archived now, and it is super long and got that way fast, and was just “the best” in so many ways that I guess I’ll never be able to feel comfortable here or anywhere again. I’m pretty sure it’s all these generic switches. They’ve truly affected me and kept me from totally getting off.

I’m not so supportive now, feel alienated, alone, and externally on BB, I get ignored on almost every post I make. I’ve just kept this account “in case of.” That turned out to be good because the very day I started tapering again, I read somewhere on BB of Mylan K and Sandoz K discontinuations, and then Teva K discontinuations. Hope this group takes off, but who knows if it will or not. Still baffled by that as so many here are on K.

Dear Intend:

Because I have been tapering so long, I also was part of the Kk #1 but never felt like I belonged as it felt very cliquey and often felt my posts were ignored! So I guess everyone has different experiences.

I do often post in LHSG simply because I have had very long holds and that place seems to support staying functional while getting off, which is important to me. I work full-time and have a very stressful situation with my mom (which exploded last night--I am a mess today which is unfortunate as I will have to work 12+ hours today due to a fundraising event tonight).

I would love to see more activity. While I know every benzo is hard to come off, it does seem that K is a special beast. I often wonder if I am ever going to make it. I also have a love/hate relationship with BB as the stories are often heartbreaking and depressing. I have to believe I will be okay when it is over.

Sending warm thoughts your way! And thanks for your long post about Teva. I did see it. I was fortunate enough to find some old ones at a local pharmacy so that pushes the what-to-do problem a few weeks down the road. I think I am going to just try to find brand and pay full price. It's an investment but I have been struggling to stay stable ... I am worth it.

NJ,

Great post and thanks! I do see you understand my feelings since you expressed yours so well.

Kind of still up in the air about Teva and what’s going on as I just called CVS and spoke with manager. He said CVS uses McKesson here in Utah, but Cardinal Health in other states, and their own private wholesale group in other states also.

I’m so fed up with all of this and these problems, I’ve even considered trying to go to valium. I’m not sure my doc would do that, but he’s pretty open to doing whatever it takes. Yet again, valium has its own “set of problems” and I’m sure I’d be doing a very long crossover.

Would rather stick with K since I’ve been on it for quite awhile. Haven’t even asked about price of brand K. Think Roche bought by Genentech. Have to google for that info. Awhile back, there were ongoing shortages of the brand K, but I guess folks are using more of that now than before.

Family problems surely complicate all this. My story there also. Hubby with head injury, me in charge of everything, 2 grown daughters with problems. Good luck to both of us. We are worth it for sure.

To both posts above, sorry this support group hasn't been of much support lately. I have yet to begin my taper and I do remember things being a bit friendlier/informative a few years back when I unsuccessfully tried to taper off of 10mg valium, and then my current dose of 1.5mg Klonopin.

I'm now in a position where I'm getting interdose withdrawals on Klonopin. . . . and considering a switch to Valium. But I'm scared my benzos are masking a symptom from my use of the SSRI Lexapro, I had a pretty uneventful taper from 10mg to 6mg valium, but all of the sudden I had SEVERE Akathisia and Dysphoria, resulting in a suicidal(I wasn't, but it's the only way to get emergency psychiatric care) plea at an ER. I had this despite a very conservative taper. .  and now I'm experiencing what I can only imagine is interdose w/d from Klonopin as my anxiety is very high in the mornings, even after my first dose. until around now when I take my second dose and it settles down. . . . I'm considering tapering off of Lexapro, but I have no idea what to expect from that. . . and Yeah, I definitely get the feeling my posts are being ignored elsewhere on the forum as well, maybe I'm asking for too much help, maybe the new breed don't have the answers or advice I need.

I'm kinda just a mess right now, I've worked myself into a panic googling everything and trying to become an overnight biochemist. The old wisdom was to start tapering from a place where you are stable. . . I am nowhere near that now, but I am also scared of spending more time on these drugs. . . but at this point I AM considering an updose.

I'm also in a very stressful home situation, taking care of my terminally ill grandmother. . . I can barely take care of myself at this point.

I hope you all have a great day and just try to stay positive.

To both posts above, sorry this support group hasn't been of much support lately. I have yet to begin my taper and I do remember things being a bit friendlier/informative a few years back when I unsuccessfully tried to taper off of 10mg valium, and then my current dose of 1.5mg Klonopin.

I'm now in a position where I'm getting interdose withdrawals on Klonopin. . . . and considering a switch to Valium. But I'm scared my benzos are masking a symptom from my use of the SSRI Lexapro, I had a pretty uneventful taper from 10mg to 6mg valium, but all of the sudden I had SEVERE Akathisia and Dysphoria, resulting in a suicidal(I wasn't, but it's the only way to get emergency psychiatric care) plea at an ER. I had this despite a very conservative taper. .  and now I'm experiencing what I can only imagine is interdose w/d from Klonopin as my anxiety is very high in the mornings, even after my first dose. until around now when I take my second dose and it settles down. . . . I'm considering tapering off of Lexapro, but I have no idea what to expect from that. . . and Yeah, I definitely get the feeling my posts are being ignored elsewhere on the forum as well, maybe I'm asking for too much help, maybe the new breed don't have the answers or advice I need.

I'm kinda just a mess right now, I've worked myself into a panic googling everything and trying to become an overnight biochemist. The old wisdom was to start tapering from a place where you are stable. . . I am nowhere near that now, but I am also scared of spending more time on these drugs. . . but at this point I AM considering an updose.

I'm also in a very stressful home situation, taking care of my terminally ill grandmother. . . I can barely take care of myself at this point.

hi all,

I was hoping this group would be like the first one... I need support as well... and will try to give support!

The latest I heard (and posted) was that Teva Generics was still making the 1 mg and didn't now have a date to discontinue despite what I was told earlier... my CVS has had it the last two weeks. My pdoc just prescribed some more and they filled (haven't picked up yet) so should have plenty for my taper with what my compounding pharmacy has.

I started a microtaper at .625 June 4th and am now down to .596 a day. The microtaper has helped with my GI issues and headaches but it has really increased my anxiety... I used to get anxiety days 4-7 after a drop and then it would go away until the next drop (cut/hold). I've had it the last week except yesterday (held for 3 days beforehand).

hi Intend to Be Off,

I read your Teva post... so 1mg 100 bottles are gone and once the 500/1000 bottles are gone that's it... well, that matches what I was told until last week.

I'm sorry you've had to alternate between generics during your taper. I can't imagine. I'm having a hard enough time staying on the same generic right now.

Yes, what I posted is the latest update I got. I just don’t know what to do anymore. The person I last spoke with explained the Teva response to my email in great detail. Said it was done by her supervisor.

I’m kind of at the end of my rope here. I’m actually losing my voice literally. Each of these switches has affected it more and more. Had so much surgery to correct rare disease. Clonazepam Actavis ok when I first started out, but here Teva has not been consistent with availability.

I’m realizing that even if I get it again, my voice will most likely end with that switch back. I’m basically going to be using a special phone to talk on the phone. I’m very frightened with what has happened to me. Words escape my feelings of fear.

You’ll have enough Teva to finish your taper. I’m about ready for the hospital now. I need to pull myself together.

Unicorn and NJ,

Hi Intend,

Thank you for your response, I’ll head over to Scaredie’s thread and read your in-depth post.  Thanks for doing that! 

I’m sorry you feel alienated here and aren’t feeling the comfort you felt in KK#1.  I wasn’t around then, so I can only imagine how tight you all were.  There is always potential to grow new energy.  Glad you like LHSG.  It’s so crucial to feel comfort and support through this, that I know.  I’ve found it in treasured places on this forum and tend to lean toward the positive, when I’m able.  It’s all so different for all of us.  I’m glad to see you here! 

In my experience thus far, I’m really doing well (considering) with my DLMT and have been able to increase my daily reduction from .001ml to .003ml/day.  I’m experiencing some sxs but the terror and morning panic & anxiety are gone, as of now.  Muscle twitches, feet burning/stinging, just started having dreams again and they are all about people and memories of the past but have a positive spin on them, whereas before my c/t and during, I’d have night terrors.  I consider these all to be signs of healing. 

Hearing about how hard it is to reinstate, I consider myself so fortunate becasue I reinstated at nearly 5 weeks off.  It took months to “stabilize” and begin taper but was well worth it, in retrospect.  Oh, and an updose of .125mg helped with that process. 

It seems like our external circumstances can really have a massive effect on how we fare in this journey.  At least it’s that way for me.  I’ve learned of some massive triggers and now know to avoid if possible, and the one I can’t avoid incorporate coping skills.  Yet to be successful with that one, it’s the biggest trigger of all. 

I hope you’re all feeling the progress in healing and having peace in your surroundings.  Most of all, I hope you’re all making yourself and your healing priority!  I appreciate every one of you.  So glad to be in a place where others are also on Klonopin.

Oh, and in California brand Klonopin was priced at over $300 for 30 1mg tablets.  I’m considering trying an appeal to my insurance company to see how much they would cover, as my doc really wants me on the brand.  Luckily, he’s prescribed me twice the amount or month that I need of Teva so I have a few bottles of back up, but that won’t last the entirety of my taper.

Heading on over to read about the generics now.  Love to you all ❤️

Uni

Yes, what I posted is the latest update I got. I just don’t know what to do anymore. The person I last spoke with explained the Teva response to my email in great detail. Said it was done by her supervisor.

I’m kind of at the end of my rope here. I’m actually losing my voice literally. Each of these switches has affected it more and more. Had so much surgery to correct rare disease. Clonazepam Actavis ok when I first started out, but here Teva has not been consistent with availability.

I’m realizing that even if I get it again, my voice will most likely end with that switch back. I’m basically going to be using a special phone to talk on the phone. I’m very frightened with what has happened to me. Words escape my feelings of fear.

You’ll have enough Teva to finish your taper. I’m about ready for the hospital now. I need to pull myself together.

Intend!  I’ve been losing my voice in a really weird way too!  I’m so glad you shared this because I thought it was unrelated to benzo or wd.  Have you found it is due to the wd itself, or rather the Teva generic?

Uni,

To start with, I have one of the most rare diseases in the world. I’ve had 14 surgeries to correct it, and I considered them successful as I could not breathe before. My trachea was closed down to less than 5% of normal. This disease is called idiopathic subglottic stenosis. You can google that when have a chance if you want.

So when I first started tapering with Actavis, things went well. But then forced switch to Sandoz with long hold to adjust. No taper then because suddenly Actavis became available again. After switch voice started to become very problematic. Had my “morning voice” where I could make calls, but rest of day, voice a whisper and strained. The no more Actavis again, so back to Sandoz. Long hold again.

Things got worse and worse with that long hold. Finally started taper again. Now voice is almost nonexistent. No cold turkeys here, or additional meds. Held dose consistent at level I’d taper to.

I thinks it’s related to my disease and all these switches. Never taken Teva Clonazepam at all. I’ll be w/o a voice at all soon. Very upset. Clonazepam can make your voice sound hoarse, but I’ve never seen anyone here lose it completely.

If you get your voice back as you say you do, it’s most likely Benzo w/d.

Dear Frotob:

I tapered lexapro (not while tapering benzos) and it was very uneventful. I was on a low dose (5 mg) and I think it took about six weeks. I was very weepy and depressed but I would rather feel like that every day of my life than go through what I am going through with my klonopin taper.

But I'd be cautious about trying to taper both at once. Hard to know what is causing what.

I had interdose withdrawal in taper attempt #2 (which I failed at). I have not had it since (knock on wood), because I am going so slow and having so many long holds. I will get this done eventually. I too have had a lot of life stress--father dying, mother with Parkinson's disease, left a horrific job situation, new one is better but the commute is killing me, and sent my first off to college last fall. I feel it can be really hard to actively taper or taper fast with so much going on. I would encourage you to hold or even a slight updose might help. I believe in updoses, some don't, I think sometimes it is better to go up and stabilize and then go back down again. We are all different.

I made my first trip to the medical marijuana dispensary today and will try it out this weekend. I need something to cut the nausea that has really been nearly 24/7 since January. I still need some testing done to rule out I am not even sure what at this point, but I really need relief now. Fingers crossed it works. Don't want to be addicted to yet another thing but I know others have had good luck.

Hope everyone has an okay weekend. I have a long car trip planned to visit my mom, so hard to drive so many hours alone but it needs to be done.