Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Sc,

I’m not even sure I can get Actavis again. Haven’t called pharmacy yet. All these switches have affected my brain. I’m actually afraid to call them. It’s like a phone phobia. Probably has to do with my voice also.

I never did take Teva. I did consider it, but that’s when I had to switch and switched to Sandoz.

These pharmacists here don’t like to endorse one over another in general. That one in Smith’s thought Teva was pretty good, but I knew him, and it was kind of a private conversation.

The one at Maceys where I go now just doesn’t like to endorse. And those idiots in CVS don’t know anything. Nothing. I feel like reporting them to their corporate headquarters. Big dummies. May not be all the CVSs around here. But them for sure.

I guess it depends on what kind of relationship you have with your pharmacist. If it’s friendly, he/she may tell you what they think or have noticed in others. Before anything though, you’ve got to know what they have. It’s all over the place with how people react to different generics.

Thanks again intend.

I’ve had a phone phobia for years, it started when I would have a panic attack when the phone wrang, but now, as k keeps me panic free, when I’m stable, it’s more of a I’m not good enough to have a conversation with you phobia. So more of phone phobia with loved ones rather than strangers. Hope your voice improves.

Yep about cvs, there’s one good one around here, the others, no.

I don’t want them to endorse anything, just tell me can you order this or that, are you able to keep it in stock. Guess that answered my question. Just what to ask them to order or if can keep it in stock?

Do you know, are most pharmacies supposed to have a preferred generic for k? That they always keep in stock?

Sc,

From what I see around here, most of the pharmacies do have a preferred K. That CVS did a couple years back when I called them. And Walgreens had Mylan for years. The Maceys I go to now would order whatever I asked them to if McKesson had it in their warehouse.

McKesson is a big distributor for a lot of generics around this state.

Seems all these pharmacies are kind of in a dither of sorts right now.

Thanks. That will help me with my questions. Man the stress this is putting on me is rediculous. How I & am sure so many others wish could just cold turkey...rawr

The reason I switched to a different generic instead of brand K wasn’t money related, I heard the brand is stronger and can be more difficult to get off than the generic. I didn’t want to updose, I’d rather take the 10% cut than a updose and just suffer it out a couple months. Switching generics will take some time for your body to get use to. It’s def not as difficult as switching from K to Valium. I know people whose body couldn’t handle the brand K when they tried to switch over from teva. I have heard teva is the only one that contains povidone in its ingredients which gives it a smooth release. I am currently on actavis which is better than other generics I’ve tried but not as good as teva.

The reason I switched to a different generic instead of brand K wasn’t money related, I heard the brand is stronger and can be more difficult to get off than the generic. I didn’t want to updose, I’d rather take the 10% cut than a updose and just suffer it out a couple months. Switching generics will take some time for your body to get use to. It’s def not as difficult as switching from K to Valium. I know people whose body couldn’t handle the brand K when they tried to switch over from teva. I have heard teva is the only one that contains povidone in its ingredients which gives it a smooth release. I am currently on actavis which is better than other generics I’ve tried but not as good as teva.

So dub,

Thanks for chiming in. So I’m sorry if I’ve already asked & forgotten. So you’ve been taking predominantly teva & have just switched to actavis with no difficulty?

How long have you been on actavis? So you feel it’s weaker than teva?

Do you think it’s going to take you some holding adjustment time before you feel stable & taper?

What other generics have you tried that actavis is better than?

Much thanks

So dub,

Thanks for chiming in. So I’m sorry if I’ve already asked & forgotten. So you’ve been taking predominantly teva & have just switched to actavis with no difficulty?

How long have you been on actavis? So you feel it’s weaker than teva?

Do you think it’s going to take you some holding adjustment time before you feel stable & taper?

What other generics have you tried that actavis is better than?

Much thanks

I had tried mylan and accord before switching over to actavis which I feel I can live with. I have been on actavis for 3 weeks now. I am currently on a hold in my taper because I was feeling good on actavis and started cutting too fast. I can hopefully continue my taper soon. I can feel the cuts more with actavis than teva so I believe the actavis is a little weaker for my body. But the actavis feels much better than accord and mylan. I’m going to just stick to the actavis for the rest of my taper. I had been on teva everyday for 9 years.....

Brand K is working really well for me and feels much smoother than even Teva.  But for those who want or need to stick with generics, I really hope you all find one that works for you, even if there is a bit of an adjustment period.  And hopefully they get back to you, Intend.  With a solid and detailed response. 

On another note, this past few days is the first time I actually feel it’s fully possible to go all the way through a taper.  I’m feeling more acceptance and not obsessing about the time it may take, right now.  Starting to get some memories back and noticing other things getting better overall, even though I still have some sxs from CT.  My hope is that they will progressively lessen, like they have been, through this taper.  So excited to see what life is like on the other side.  :D

Wishing you all well-being and healing

❤️

Uni

Thanks. That will help me with my questions. Man the stress this is putting on me is rediculous. How I & am sure so many others wish could just cold turkey...rawr

Hi SC,

Found you in a thread so we could have a place to chat.

The discussion on generics is interesting. I just always took what they gave me and made a mental note of any changes. Maybe because I didn't anticipate any issues, I didn't notice any subtle differences. I was probably on 3-4 different brands over the years. I definitely remember primarily teva, but had a couple others too.

I also had general and social anxiety issues with just going to the pharmacy. I felt like a drug seeker at times. It's really messed up that the process I had to go through monthly to relieve my anxiety, gave me anxiety. That's probably why I'd just take what they gave me and immediately flee the area, no questions asked. I'm pretty relieved and happy that part is over and done with.

Hope you're able to acquire the brand you need!

Thanks for touching base dub, appreciate thaose details.

Uni, I’m glad your feeling optimistic.

Aurora,

Good to see you. Sounds like you had good luck with generics.

Be well, SC

Does anyone know if the brand K weighs the same as the teva?

Someone somewhere did say it does. I don't have brand (but hope to get that for next refill if I cannot find any more old tevas laying around somewhere).

I’m just going to weigh in here again. I have a lot to do today, and time has gotten away from me.

I’ve been hearing water running for quite awhile now. It turned out that one line in the sprinkler system has a Knick in it, so now hubby has to remove a tree. Big job.

But I read the previous responses. I sure wish that I didn’t notice generic changes. I notice them way too much.

Dub, it seems you’re the only one who has said they were able to get Actavis. And I sure agree that’s it’s a decent generic. This ridiculous way Teva has conducted business over the last 4 years has been the reason I’ve had to switch back and forth between Actavis and Sandoz. As I’ve said, I’m holding off before I call my pharmacy to get the latest info on what they can get. These discontinuations (as in Sandoz) take time to work their way down to the retail level. For all I know, they can still get some. Sure not nuts about it, but I’ll avoid a 5th switch as long as I can.

And aurora, at this point, I’d never put up with anyone acting like I was a drug addict. I’ve listened to msnbc so much and all they do is talk about Trump, Trump, Trump. And of course they flabbergasted like I am, but they also say things like, “I think I need another xanax after hearing that last one.” In addition, I’ve sat waiting for Rx at the pharmacy while others were waiting. And some other woman sails in and sees a neighbor. She then just announces that she was there to pick up xanax for her kids.

I did think she meant her grown kids because it was around thanksgiving or Christmas when everyone is so rushed to make these huge dinners.

But that left no doubt in my mind that people in this state take a lot of benzos.

hey all, fairly good day today. Saturday was really good... don't know if I had posted that. Yesterday was pretty bad.

So... after being so helpful stocking me up with Teva before it ran out (I want you to have everything you might need my pdoc said last appointment), when my husband asked if we could have 15 days of a lower middle-of-night compounded capsule to try three times a day dosing (were thinking of moving .125 from night to morning and already have .125 mid afternoon in compounded Teva capsules) she came back with

I cannot submit another order at this time. This is a red flag for pharmacies (the amount she's been prescribing so I could stock up for the liquid part of my dose), and I have been told by the head of my department to refrain from submitting additional Clonazepam orders at this time, for this situation. 

Emails about whether that meant she was not going to refill my daily compounded capsules was met with silence. Today she asked how many days of capsules I had left (although my husband had told her exactly how many we had of each dose) although once again not saying anything about whether she was going to call in new prescription before I ran out.

Worried she might not be refilling I made an appt and saw my primary care today. She's willing to call in to the compounding pharmacy if needed if my pdoc doesn't. She thinks I should find a better psychiatrist. The one I have now told me I could go from 1mg clonazepam to 0 straight (I told her that was cold turkey and really not recommended by anyone) and has only been out of school a year and is a NP and has never apparently helped anyone get off medicine... surprisingly my primary care is also a NP but she didn't seem to think much of psychiatric ones. She also has experience tapering someone down with compounded liquid. My pdoc doesn't seem to know much but seems like a really nice person who means well.

Uni, that cold turkey at detox sounds horrific.

Every now and then I wonder if I should just suck it up and go faster but it's hard when you're hurting. But looking around the web today my withdrawal symptoms - anxiety, insomnia (which I had before I started tapering), previously headaches, some head fog/hurting-non-headache-head and stomach upset (but not nausea or vomiting) are only considered mild symptoms by some lists.

Brand K is working really well for me and feels much smoother than even Teva.  But for those who want or need to stick with generics, I really hope you all find one that works for you, even if there is a bit of an adjustment period.  And hopefully they get back to you, Intend.  With a solid and detailed response. 

On another note, this past few days is the first time I actually feel it’s fully possible to go all the way through a taper.  I’m feeling more acceptance and not obsessing about the time it may take, right now.  Starting to get some memories back and noticing other things getting better overall, even though I still have some sxs from CT.  My hope is that they will progressively lessen, like they have been, through this taper.  So excited to see what life is like on the other side.  :D

❤️

Uni

woooow!! Even smoother than teva? I’m really tempted to ask my doctor for some when I go in to see him this week now. How long were you on the teva and what dose before you switched to roche. You didn’t feel anything different when you switched? Thanks!

Bob, congratulations! I'm really happy for you that you're doing well and are so close to stepping off.

NJ... hang in there... I'm sorry you've had to hold and updose but you're still so much lower than me so I'm jealous of that.

I should have held sooner when I started getting multiple days in a row of anxiety last month when I started the daily microtaper.

It was a mistake to keep going even dropping the dose... I hoped that would make it eventually stop.

hey DubCity,

I'm glad the Actavis is working for you... I was told it should be available at my CVS as well a couple weeks ago... haven't looked as I should have enough Teva stockpiled.... although one wonders when one has to hold and go slower than one had hoped.

I'm sorry you had to updose. I've managed to avoid that but I've been tempted.

I'm still holding. Have good days about one on 3. Yesterday was really good. Today I'm dealing with anxiety again.

Hang in there. I once had to hold for eight weeks but after that I have been able to reduce 0.001 mg every day consistently for 70 days in a row and I’m still doing well.  In fact, I’m starting to feel pretty good unless I have a bad stress day from work and the anxiety gets me  until I calm it down naturally.

I am so happy for you Bob. And a little envious as I cannot seem to make any progress! I hope that you continue to do well and walk off without any issues.

I can relate -  I remember reading other peoples success with a mixture of getting hope with a touch of envy.  One thing to keep in mind as you’re still working and as long as we have to go to work each day stress comes to us. So we need to learn to cope with stress anxiety without pills.  Or somehow retire early.

It's not just work stress though ... it's so much more than that. My mom has Parkinson's and lives several hours away, which, in addition to her illness, is also straining relationships with my siblings, who I once considered my closest friends. It's the kids growing up and leaving the nest, which is especially hard for me as we are a very close family. It's the stress of being nauseous every single day and being afraid to eat. I meditate, try to work out, but the reality is I have zero tolerance for stress due to the taper. I am at the point where I would like to stop working or cut back but with one in college and the other in private school, there is no way to make that happen.

I really feel for you-all those things you mentioned-you have so much on your plate-do you ever imagine what it would be like to be a child again without all these weights on your shoulder? I guess that’s what it’s like when we live in heaven with the heavenly father taking care of us.

❤️

Uni

woooow!! Even smoother than teva? I’m really tempted to ask my doctor for some when I go in to see him this week now. How long were you on the teva and what dose before you switched to roche. You didn’t feel anything different when you switched? Thanks!

Hi Dub!

Yep, way smoother..  I was on Teva for over a decade, at least.  When my pharmacist told me about the discontinuation of Teva, I saw my doc and he wanted me on brand K.  The first day I took it, it felt like an updose but the next day I didn’t feel it.  I’ve just noticed a lot of sxs lifting, like muscle twitching and morning anxiety, for instance. 

Bob said he had the same experience with switching to brand, that it’s been very smooth for him since switching and he’s pretty close to being done tapering. 

If it’s an option, it’s worth a try.  Unless there’s another generic that works well for you.  :thumbsup:

Best wishes for you and whatever you decide!  We’re all here supporting each other no matter what. 

Love,

Uni

Hi all,

thanks just for being their & all the action here lately. It really stinks that I won’t be able to afford brand k. I wonder if I could get a manufacturer coupon or any coupon. Anyone know about that sort of thing? Who is the manufacturer?

Then if I did get it, I would definitely need help with scales & or liquid(doc won’t do liquid) as you can only halve them not quarter them. I’m on such a high dose, you’d think I’d need to be able to quarter, but that put me in withdrawal last time🤔guess I’ll need scale/liquid help.

Aurora,

Thanks so much for looking for me out here. Sorry I was tired when I responded to everyone last night. You’re very kind to find me. So yes, teva discontued & putting many in a bind.

Nolo, sorry to hear your hitting bumps. Hope it all works out soon for you.

Dub, you said your cuts hit you harder on actavis? Thinking that means it’s weaker?now you’re considering brand it’s making you feel so bad?

I also read that both teva & brand have an inactive ingredient that may or may not act as benzo in body, something to that affect.

Please let me know brand manufacturer & any ideas of how to get it affordably.

Yes, intend, I hope you don’t go from this support board, but we all must stay in our comfort zone.

Warm be well wishes to all. SC

I'm still holding. Have good days about one on 3. Yesterday was really good. Today I'm dealing with anxiety again.

Hang in there. I once had to hold for eight weeks but after that I have been able to reduce 0.001 mg every day consistently for 70 days in a row and I’m still doing well.  In fact, I’m starting to feel pretty good unless I have a bad stress day from work and the anxiety gets me  until I calm it down naturally.

I am so happy for you Bob. And a little envious as I cannot seem to make any progress! I hope that you continue to do well and walk off without any issues.

I can relate -  I remember reading other peoples success with a mixture of getting hope with a touch of envy.  One thing to keep in mind as you’re still working and as long as we have to go to work each day stress comes to us. So we need to learn to cope with stress anxiety without pills.  Or somehow retire early.

It's not just work stress though ... it's so much more than that. My mom has Parkinson's and lives several hours away, which, in addition to her illness, is also straining relationships with my siblings, who I once considered my closest friends. It's the kids growing up and leaving the nest, which is especially hard for me as we are a very close family. It's the stress of being nauseous every single day and being afraid to eat. I meditate, try to work out, but the reality is I have zero tolerance for stress due to the taper. I am at the point where I would like to stop working or cut back but with one in college and the other in private school, there is no way to make that happen.

I really feel for you-all those things you mentioned-you have so much on your plate-do you ever imagine what it would be like to be a child again without all these weights on your shoulder? I guess that’s what it’s like when we live in heaven with the heavenly father taking care of us.

Well, unfortunately I grew up with an alcoholic father and a very co-dependent mother, so I would never want to be a child again in that crazy environment. I have been in and out of therapy for years, but much of my anxiety still stems from my crazy upbrining, hard to get over childhood trauma no matter how hard we work at it.

Well, unfortunately I grew up with an alcoholic father and a very co-dependent mother, so I would never want to be a child again in that crazy environment. I have been in and out of therapy for years, but much of my anxiety still stems from my crazy upbrining, hard to get over childhood trauma no matter how hard we work at it.

Similar background nj, wish I could change my childhood but not relive the one I had. Feel better