Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Going from 2.5mg-->1.5mg I cut .5mg at a time and then held.  Then at 1.5mg, I cut .25mg, I think?  I actually don't remember well, but when I cut from 1.0-->.75mg,  THAT is when I really really felt it, and also, I regretted making such a large cut.  I did not always keep within any certain % with my cuts. 

You are at 3.5mg a day, which means that 10% of that is .35mg, and 5% is .175mg, so making a .125m cut, is well within 5%.  You might easily get away with making a much larger cut without too many symptoms.  I would suggest just to do that, and then wait a week or two and see how you feel.  If you feel fine, then you are set to make another cut.  What's two weeks wait really, to try and minimize the withdrawal symptoms?

Thanks so much for the compassionate & nicely explained feedback green.

I saved it to a safe place.

So going from 2.5-1.5 you cut & held by .5 @ a time? Do you recall any withdrawal from that?

I know it’s best to err on the side of caution, but I may try to cut .25 & hold to start simply because I can’t function with this sedation, so it’s hard to even get a plan together nonetheless myself up & into the shower etc...it’s bad

If I become symptomatic quickly, I may updose by going down to .125 cut only, but I don’t want to kindle by doing that so let’s hope it works & I can hold until another .25 reduction to get rid of these Sleepies asap :)

Going from 2.5mg-->1.5mg I cut .5mg at a time and then held.  Then at 1.5mg, I cut .25mg, I think?  I actually don't remember well, but when I cut from 1.0-->.75mg,  THAT is when I really really felt it, and also, I regretted making such a large cut.  I did not always keep within any certain % with my cuts. 

You are at 3.5mg a day, which means that 10% of that is .35mg, and 5% is .175mg, so making a .125m cut, is well within 5%.  You might easily get away with making a much larger cut without too many symptoms.  I would suggest just to do that, and then wait a week or two and see how you feel.  If you feel fine, then you are set to make another cut.  What's two weeks wait really, to try and minimize the withdrawal symptoms?

So going from 2.5-1.5 you cut & held by .5 @ a time? Do you recall any withdrawal from that?

I know it’s best to err on the side of caution, but I may try to cut .25 & hold to start simply because I can’t function with this sedation, so it’s hard to even get a plan together nonetheless myself up & into the shower etc...it’s bad

If I become symptomatic quickly, I may updose by going down to .125 cut only, but I don’t want to kindle by doing that so let’s hope it works & I can hold until another .25 reduction to get rid of these Sleepies asap :)

Scardie,

I wish you the best of luck. I think you just need to actually start tapering and see how you feel. Accept that you will have withdrawal symptoms but that it is not the end of the world. Good luck.

Scardie,

I wish you the best of luck. I think you just need to actually start tapering and see how you feel. Accept that you will have withdrawal symptoms but that it is not the end of the world. Good luck.

Thank you for the support NJ. Hope your feeling better.

Hi All.  I am new to this thread.  Most of my story is posted in my signature.

I am currently beginning a slow taper from 1.5mg a day of Klonopin.  I reinstated on that after being CT'd from Xanax at 2.5mg/day at a 4 day detox in February.

I tried the liquid titration for about a week, but wasn't crazy about the whole process.

I purchased a Gemini scale.

I currently dose 3 times daily - .5 mg at a time.

I have only cut my mid-day dose by about 3% and I did notice I feel shitty in different respects...mentally and physically.  I know on lower doses it becomes harder, but I'm not sure how to proceed. 

I was going to hold at the 3% off mid-day dose and then start tapering morning dose by 3% in about another week.

Wondering if it's recommended to taper equal amounts of each dose throughout the day instead of just one of the three doses.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Angel (Michelle)

Hi All.  I am new to this thread.  Most of my story is posted in my signature.

I am currently beginning a slow taper from 1.5mg a day of Klonopin.  I reinstated on that after being CT'd from Xanax at 2.5mg/day at a 4 day detox in February.

I tried the liquid titration for about a week, but wasn't crazy about the whole process.

I purchased a Gemini scale.

I currently dose 3 times daily - .5 mg at a time.

I have only cut my mid-day dose by about 3% and I did notice I feel shitty in different respects...mentally and physically.  I know on lower doses it becomes harder, but I'm not sure how to proceed. 

I was going to hold at the 3% off mid-day dose and then start tapering morning dose by 3% in about another week.

Wondering if it's recommended to taper equal amounts of each dose throughout the day instead of just one of the three doses.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Angel (Michelle)

Hi Angel,

For me, the answer to your question depends on how much you depend on Klonopin to sleep as you taper.  If you are like me, then don't touch your bedtime dose until the very end.  Klonopin has a long half life so you should be able to taper mostly from your noon dose first and then your morning dose.

Remember, cuts add up over weeks.  So hold each cut until you feel like you can cut again but even then, beware, you might need a long hold once in a while.

As noted elsewhere as of Thursday Teva announced they would no longer be making Teva Clonazepam. They're only going to be producing their Actavis version. If a pharmacy tells you that they'll have "Teva" this week it will be the Actavis version... and the 0.5 mg Actavis are still supposedly backordered until middle of the month.

Well, I'm surprised. The mom and pop that I ordered from got in real Teva 1 mg today... and when I called my local CVS they also had real 1 mg Teva again. They had NO 0.5 mg anything and said everything was backordered. Calling around places offered me Accord or Northstar in the 0.5 mg. I think I'm going to try switching to liquid Teva first as I have enough for several months now.

Glad you could get what you needed. I really need the .5 mg. I have to call again later to try to figure out what I am doing.

Nausea & waking anxiety k pin dry cut hold mix dlmt

Plus anyone find good teva replacement yet? What company please?

take clonazapam6am .5, 12pm, .5, 6pm .5, bedtime 2mg

Last 3 days:day 1. 6am cut .125

Day 2  6am .98ml dlmt dose from .5mg/ml concentration pharm liquid, 12pm .25mg dry cut, constipated all day

Day 3(today)6am .5mg(regular am dose)woke thinking dreams were real, feeling panicky with dark thoughts, early BM, 8am nausea, ate plan 12pm .25 dry cut

Hi, I was going to do dlmt with paharm liquid & tried it again yesterday and then was too worried about excessive daytime sedation from high dose that’s rendering me disfunctional I’m having & the time it would take to dlmt to get rid of day time sedation so I cut my 2nd .5mg tablet in half & took only .25 for second dose yesterday. Then nausea started in afternoon, then went away, now it’s back this am.

How long should nausea last if it’s from the cut & hold?

Suppose it could be from trying liquid too.

I also woke panicked with dark thoughts & thinking my dreams were real this morning if this is withdrawal already, must me, as maybe .25 cut was a bit aggressive even though it falls within guidelines. How long should symptoms like this last for cut & hold?

Also minor heart palps.

Your experience input much appreciated

Thanks

Day 2  6am .98ml dlmt dose from .5mg/ml concentration pharm liquid, 12pm .25mg dry cut, constipated all day

Day 3(today)6am .5mg(regular am dose)woke thinking dreams were real, feeling panicky with dark thoughts, early BM, 8am nausea, ate plan 12pm .25 dry cut

Hi, I was going to do dlmt with paharm liquid & tried it again yesterday and then was too worried about excessive daytime sedation from high dose that’s rendering me disfunctional I’m having & the time it would take to dlmt to get rid of day time sedation so I cut my 2nd .5mg tablet in half & took only .25 for second dose yesterday. Then nausea started in afternoon, then went away, now it’s back this am.

I also woke panicked with dark thoughts & thinking my dreams were real this morning if this is withdrawal already, must me, as maybe .25 cut was a bit aggressive even though it falls within guidelines. How long should symptoms like this last for cut & hold?

Also minor heart palps.

Thanks

Scaredie,

Much of the withdrawal could be due to experimenting with liquid.

But also, as you taper by splitting pills, you will get some symptoms - just hold and they go away in 2 to 8 weeks typically.

Some advice.  Try as hard as you can NOT to analyze your medication and your symptoms.  You MUST learn how to distract yourself.  If you focus you time and energy on the symptoms, they will grow.  Whatever your mind focuses on grows.

So, each day, just take you pills and then stop thinking about them.  Go do anything and everything.  Try anything that distracts you. 

Try to focus on things in the moment.  Do not analyze the future or the past.  Observe the world around you.  What is going on in your backyard with the little animals running around? Just keep distracting yourself and get through the hold.  In time you will have more energy and you can exercise which really helps.  For now, just take short walks. 

Try to stop thinking.

Also minor heart palps.

Thanks

Scaredie,

But also, as you taper by splitting pills, you will get some symptoms - just hold and they go away in 2 to 8 weeks typically.

Some advice.  Try as hard as you can NOT to analyze your medication and your symptoms.  You MUST learn how to distract yourself.  If you focus you time and energy on the symptoms, they will grow.  Whatever your mind focuses on grows.

So, each day, just take you pills and then stop thinking about them.  Go do anything and everything.  Try anything that distracts you. 

Try to focus on things in the moment.  Do not analyze the future or the past.  Observe the world around you.  What is going on in your backyard with the little animals running around? Just keep distracting yourself and get through the hold.  In time you will have more energy and you can exercise which really helps.  For now, just take short walks. 

Try to stop thinking.

Thank you Bob. I will try to do what you say.

I hope withdrawal is just from liquid experiment.

So I could be nauseous for 2 months from cutting .25mg? Not sure I could deal with that. Was hoping to cut again in 2 weeks.

Does the morning panic stuff sound normal for withdrawal?

Also, really want to know/hear about alternatives to teva. I know some people say it doesn’t matter & you said it doesn’t matter on a high dose, but I’m already a bit worried about my symptoms, I don’t want to have another variable thrown into the equation just as I’m starting to taper. I know some generics have put people into withdrawal, so since I’m going to no doubt be having withdrawal how would I know the difference?

Have you or anyone found a good teva alternative please?

Much thanks

Also minor heart palps.

Thanks

Scaredie,

Try to stop thinking.

So I could be nauseous for 2 months from cutting .25mg? Not sure I could deal with that. Was hoping to cut again in 2 weeks.

Also, really want to know/hear about alternatives to teva. I know some people say it doesn’t matter & you said it doesn’t matter on a high dose, but I’m already a bit worried about my symptoms, I don’t want to have another variable thrown into the equation just as I’m starting to taper. I know some generics have put people into withdrawal, so since I’m going to no doubt be having withdrawal how would I know the difference?

Much thanks

I have some notes at home about various generics including Teva but I am at work right now.  I will have to look tonight. 

Generally, when I first started tapering and my dose was higher (up to 1 mg), my symptoms only lasted no more than 2 weeks.

When my dose got low - I had a long hold of about 8 weeks to get stable.  But that only happened one time.  I think it was due to too many reductions too fast.

Also minor heart palps.

Thanks

Scaredie,

Try to stop thinking.

Much thanks

I have some notes at home about various generics including Teva but I am at work right now.  I will have to look tonight. 

Generally, when I first started tapering and my dose was higher (up to 1 mg), my symptoms only lasted no more than 2 weeks.

When my dose got low - I had a long hold of about 8 weeks to get stable.  But that only happened one time.  I think it was due to too many reductions too fast.

Thank you, Bob have a good day!

NJStrength... I really wanted the 0.5mg Teva as well. :-( I'm at 0.625 and have a .125 in the afternoon. Only 26 of those left now. I tried liquid for the afternoon yesterday but I had already cut one of my pills and had 3/4 left so instead of wasting (and I hear they shouldn't be left lying around too long as moisture and oxygen can cause problems at the cuts?) I had another tablet piece today and will finish it.

I found the tevas .5 at another pharmacy but my doctor isn't sure if she will call in the prescription or not since she already called it into CVS, who filled it with the oral disintegrating tablets, and I did NOT take the prescription.

I am really not sure how I am going to taper if the only thing I can get is .5 ODTs. This is a nightmare for me. I was up all night throwing up because my nausea is completely out of control now, I assume it is life stress on top of taper. My mom's health is getting worse, I started a new job two months ago ... and the more frequent vomiting began in January. If I get the ODTs do I go up to .5? The doctor offered me .25s instead but I cannot drop from .4 to .25. And I have fewer of the .5s left than I thought .. will make it through the weekend but that is it.

Nolo & NJ strength,

I’m at a loss. Your both so close to the end it stinks about the teva. I’m at the beginning & raring to go, needing to start & it stinks about the teva.

I took my .25 cut 2nd dose today with the partial fill generic that I got filled & am more sleepy now than ever, so I feel like even @ a half dose, I up-dosed. It was definitely the new generic, I had to go take a nap, it knocked me out.

It’s frustrating because we all must choose new one & stick with something or you all may have enough left to finish your tapers?

I took qualitest=solco

I guess qualitest was bought out by solco

So what are people’s thoughts on alternative generic to teva?

teva gone vs actavis(is it out yet?anyone try?)vs qualitest=solco?

Other clonazapam generics most similar to teva?

Teva alternatives? .5mg clonazapam

Anyone sampled other generics enough yet to get a feel for what to switch to?

I took my .25 cut 2nd dose today with the partial fill generic that I got filled & am more sleepy now than ever, so I feel like even @ a half dose, I up-dosed. I’m so used to being tired all the time it’s hard to say.

It’s frustrating because we all must choose new one & stick with something or you all may have enough left to finish your tapers?

I took qualitest=solco

I guess qualitest was bought out by solco

So what are people’s thoughts on alternative generic to teva?

teva gone vs actavis(is it out yet?anyone try?)vs qualitest=solco?

Other clonazapam generics most similar to teva?

I found the tevas .5 at another pharmacy but my doctor isn't sure if she will call in the prescription or not since she already called it into CVS, who filled it with the oral disintegrating tablets, and I did NOT take the prescription.

I am really not sure how I am going to taper if the only thing I can get is .5 ODTs. This is a nightmare for me. I was up all night throwing up because my nausea is completely out of control now, I assume it is life stress on top of taper. My mom's health is getting worse, I started a new job two months ago ... and the more frequent vomiting began in January. If I get the ODTs do I go up to .5? The doctor offered me .25s instead but I cannot drop from .4 to .25. And I have fewer of the .5s left than I thought .. will make it through the weekend but that is it.

Hey NJStrength,

I had the ODT a few years ago.  I liked them.  I think they work just as well as my normal teva tablets.

Why do you say you cannot taper with the ODT?

Do you have a scale?  Here is a good one. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B011J88S8M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To get your dose of 0.4mg, do this...

Place a piece of clean aluminum foil on the scale and tare it (so it reads zero).

Weigh the ODT tablet on the foil.

To get your dose of 0.4mg, use a razor blade to shave the ODT until it is 80% reduced in weight.

After a week of a fear and anxiety, today is a window.  Renewed hope that I can come directly off Klonopin!  Held my DLMT for a few days and woke up feeling so much better today.  Wow what a difference! 

Wishing you all healing, comfort and peace ❤️🦄

Hey NJStrength,

I had the ODT a few years ago.  I liked them.  I think they work just as well as my normal teva tablets.

Do you have a scale?  Here is a good one. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B011J88S8M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Place a piece of clean aluminum foil on the scale and tare it (so it reads zero).

To get your dose of 0.4mg, use a razor blade to shave the ODT until it is 80% reduced in weight.

Bob, I didn't think you could cut the ODTs. Can you? I dry cut now so have the scale and use the razor. If I can, then this might work.

Do you know if you have to cut it and use it right away or can I cut two weeks worth at a time? You are giving me some hope here.

I continue to be so very nauseous and threw up again all night last night; slept for two hours then went to work for a full day. I am not sure what is going on. I need some relief from the nausea and need to sleep more.

After a week of a fear and anxiety, today is a window.  Renewed hope that I can come directly off Klonopin!  Held my DLMT for a few days and woke up feeling so much better today.  Wow what a difference! 

Yay! So glad to hear, Uni!

Hey NJStrength,

Bob, I didn't think you could cut the ODTs. Can you? I dry cut now so have the scale and use the razor. If I can, then this might work.

Do you know if you have to cut it and use it right away or can I cut two weeks worth at a time? You are giving me some hope here.

I continue to be so very nauseous and threw up again all night last night; slept for two hours then went to work for a full day. I am not sure what is going on. I need some relief from the nausea and need to sleep more.

NJstrength,

I am at work right now but when I get home, I will see if I have any left and if so, I will see how they cut.  As I recall, they are like a wafer, I could cut them very easy.  They might crumble a bit which is why I said "place on aluminum foil" so you can control the bits and pieces and weigh to get your dose.  Do you need help with the math?

I am so happy for you Unicorn74 - thank you for sharing - you give others hope.

Hey NJStrength,

NJstrength,

I am at work right now but when I get home, I will see if I have any left and if so, I will see how they cut.  As I recall, they are like a wafer, I could cut them very easy.  They might crumble a bit which is why I said "place on aluminum foil" so you can control the bits and pieces and weigh to get your dose.  Do you need help with the math?

I have .125 teva odts & their in silver blister packs. They are very powdery & fragile when you cut them. The wafers are large though. I was able to cut them in a nice even half very carefully once in a pill cutter & carefully transport the remaining half to a weekly holder, where it remained intact. I’m not sure how fresh the part I transferred to pill organizer stayed, but was doable. I don’t think you could file them though, they’d crumble for sure. They’re much larger around than regular tablet & are a flat disc with same shape as tab. Oh don’t want to scare you or put damper on things & it could be just my body or what was going on with me, but I felt like they caused extra B.M. Possibly slightly upset tummy. Good luck. Hope it works out & you feel better soon!

Hey NJStrength,

NJstrength,

NJstrength,

I found my Klonopin wafer (oral disintegrating tablet) and found it very nice to work with.  I could cut it with scissors!  It sliced nicely.  I cut in half, then in quarter, and then into 1/8.

I think you will like these for tapering.

Also minor heart palps.

Thanks

Scaredie,

Try to stop thinking.

Much thanks

Scaredie,

I found my notes on generic klonopin/Clonazepam.

For whatever reason, a few years ago, I tried Sandoz and Purepac and wrote down I did not think they were strong enough.

But on the Teva - I wrote "Teva generaics tend to be effective"