Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

MiYu and Uni,

I got myself a little worked up this morning. I did feel a bit bad about the way I spoke. It's just hard when someone questions you after you post in detail about what calls have been made and has been said.

I still plan on emailing Teva and detailing all the conflicting information both I and nolongeranxiousbut have both received from them. I may even go beyond the customer service level and report it at the corporate level.

I'm much calmer now. I'm usually calm. This morning was some unheard of type of me. I got frustrated is the simplest explanation.

Thank you both for being concerned. I appreciate you both and sincerely apologize.

NO worreis Intend... we really only want the best for you , for all of us ,

love ,MiYu

Hi all,

Just wanted to update you and let you know I was able to get brand name Klonopin today.  Fortunately, my insurance covers it.  My doctor wrote “DAW1” - Dispense As Written - on the prescrition.  120 .5mg tablets are $50, for me (2-month supply). 

I also learned that if you have “adverse effects” from the generics offered, it can be appealed for you to get brand name.  It’s the cost that is the unknown variable for each individual.  I hope those of you who are worried about the TEVA discontinuation can get brand name! 

Wishing everyone well.  Much love,

Uni

Hi Uni thanks for sharing this. Happy for you!

Do think you could cut the brand pills for dry cutting?

Yes, absolutely.  They are scored and the K in the middle is symmetrical; I examined it!!  Only in halves, would there be accuracy.  Otherwise you’d need to use a scale or liquid, when any further reduction needed.  Brand felt like an updose and is more stable so far.  I’ve noticed improvements in my sxs since being on it for 6 days now.

Thanks MiYu.

I've got more info today as I called those dopes again today. My doctors appointment is coming up on July 12th, and I need to figure things out before then.

We had this guy casing our neighborhood yesterday, and this has been happening for @ 2 years now. All these homes are fairly expensive, and we all started getting targeted. The cops gave this huge presentation about all the things people should do to prevent this, but it still keeps happening. Many of the neighbors have all kinds of cameras and equipment to catch them  on camera and that has helped a ton. But then, here comes another group for the cops to catch.

So I got deterred from posting anything about this clonazepam mess cause I'm waiting for the cops to call and come over. They usually respond quickly, but I had my hubby call because of my voice, and he gets the facts all confused so I don't even think they realized this is on camera.

But I'll post soon.

Thank you Uni & intend! Be well

Yes, intend I need a game plan too as to what generic to switch to. Brand seems undoable according to insurance call yesterday.

Then pharmacies can’t promise what will be kept in stock consistently.

And you know it’s just scary switching to something else. For me anyway.

Appreciate you all

Scaredie and all,

I'm just going to post about my call to Teva yesterday.

I told Mary at customer service that numerous people were upset and concerned with Teva because customer service here in US kept giving conflicting info over the phone and email to numerous people. She recognized my voice (it's so recognizable because it's so awful, but if I drop it to a whisper, that sometimes helps) and we then went through product catalog.

We went to tevagenerics.com where product catalog is. Went to clonazepam and only saw Teva clonazepam in all strengths. She then said that the marketing department was working overtime to update the catalog, but that as of 5/29, the .5 Teva is discontinued and the rest of all strengths will be discontinued as supplies run out. And as of 5/29, the Actavis brand clonazepam was restarted in all strengths. And that will start showing up in pharmacies as being available.

So pharmacies are retail as we know, and retail is at the end of the info road, so we will see what happens in different states.

I also brought up name of current CEO Kare Schultz whom she knew of. I also told her of daily stock price and how it is rising slowly (I do watch markets) and quoted price yesterday. She was somewhat taken aback by my knowledge of the stock market and my watch of Teva pharmaceuticals. But I am a long time investor, so that is not new to me.

Lastly I told her of the other two email address I have which are mainly to be used by folks working for Teva if they see problems. I told her I had read their code of conduct and social responsibility to patients, and that I would use those email addresses to inform corporate people of what customer service folks here in US are telling patients here. She said I didn't need to do that unless I didn't believe her.

So do I believe her? We all have to think about that. I'm probably going to email the two no matter what.

Let me just say that this support group is a POOR excuse for a support group. Nothing like the first KKKlub.

Absolutely nothing like it whatsoever! It will fade into oblivion for sure. This is my last post here.

Now people can start clapping.

Intend, thanks for calling teva & giving all k pinners the update. I don’t know what’s up with this group. I think people on k pin on the site are unaware of it. I don’t know what the last k klub was like. Maybe someone needs to start a new one & then people will see it is all I can think.

Sc,

Said I’d never post here again. I won’t after today.

Maybe no one joining B.B. anymore on K. I sure don’t read intros for everyone joining so I don’t know.

This problem of switching generics has been solved by a few K people who have gotten K brand by Genentech. But I surely do not think everyone who joins B.B. can afford it. Some are ill for other reasons and also because of K or other benzo.

Not everyone has insurance either unless maybe they live outside of US in a country that has some kind of socialized health care. But even those countries don’t always allow K, so I’m just not sure.

This support group will most likely fade away because people just don’t join it. I could join so many other groups because I’m a long time user of benzos, I’ve done several long holds, and I’ve dealt with numerous w/d plus doing a liquid taper.

To keep a group alive, people have to join. No one is joining this one that I can see, so it will drift along but probably never be very active.

Whatever. Maybe generic K has lost its luster. Hard to believe cause so many docs Rx it nowadays here in US. I sure don’t want to cross to Valium myself. I need to be active because I’m my hubbys conservator. That’s actually legally declared by third district court. He can’t drive and hasn’t for years.

Plus I just have too much to do. I’m going slow as far as taper cause I’m so sensitized by all these switches, but “times waits for no one.”

So whatever. People may get caught off guard by all these generics being discontinued. I do not know. But I’m not raising any alarms anymore.

We gotta look out for ourselves.

I know the main topic has been about the generics fiasco, but I’m curious about my fellow K buddies.  How are you all doing with your taper?  Is it going well, overall?  Any improvements you’ve noticed as you move along?

Love,

Uni

Sc,

Said I’d never post here again. I won’t after today.

Maybe no one joining B.B. anymore on K. I sure don’t read intros for everyone joining so I don’t know.

This problem of switching generics has been solved by a few K people who have gotten K brand by Genentech. But I surely do not think everyone who joins B.B. can afford it. Some are ill for other reasons and also because of K or other benzo.

Not everyone has insurance either unless maybe they live outside of US in a country that has some kind of socialized health care. But even those countries don’t always allow K, so I’m just not sure.

This support group will most likely fade away because people just don’t join it. I could join so many other groups because I’m a long time user of benzos, I’ve done several long holds, and I’ve dealt with numerous w/d plus doing a liquid taper.

To keep a group alive, people have to join. No one is joining this one that I can see, so it will drift along but probably never be very active.

Whatever. Maybe generic K has lost its luster. Hard to believe cause so many docs Rx it nowadays here in US. I sure don’t want to cross to Valium myself. I need to be active because I’m my hubbys conservator. That’s actually legally declared by third district court. He can’t drive and hasn’t for years.

Plus I just have too much to do. I’m going slow as far as taper cause I’m so sensitized by all these switches, but “times waits for no one.”

So whatever. People may get caught off guard by all these generics being discontinued. I do not know. But I’m not raising any alarms anymore.

We gotta look out for ourselves.

So intend,

You think crossover to Valium would be too sedating? That’s what I was told by others that crossed.

Uni, I hope you’re doing well. I’m holding, trying to stabilize & figure out what generic I’m going to cross to, plus starting different Meds for ms. Been very tired, depressed, overwhelmed. Just much medical going on now.

How are you? Hope w3ll

XxSC

I know the main topic has been about the generics fiasco, but I’m curious about my fellow K buddies.  How are you all doing with your taper?  Is it going well, overall?  Any improvements you’ve noticed as you move along?

Love,

Uni

Hi Uni,

Thanks for asking.  I am rather stable.  I have kept my 0.001 mg per day taper since 0.125 mg and I am now around 0.048 mg.  So in less than 7 weeks, I will be off klonopin.  I do feel better having less klonopin in me.  I am more productive at work.

My only big withdrawal left is anxiety and the associated insomnia I get when anxiety is high.  But my anxiety is only real bad if work or home life has stress so I guess I need to learn to deal with work and home better - with or without klonopin.

How about you?

Love,

Uni

Hi Uni,

Thanks for asking.  I am rather stable.  I have kept my 0.001 mg per day taper since 0.125 mg and I am now around 0.048 mg.  So in less than 7 weeks, I will be off klonopin.  I do feel better having less klonopin in me.  I am more productive at work.

My only big withdrawal left is anxiety and the associated insomnia I get when anxiety is high.  But my anxiety is only real bad if work or home life has stress so I guess I need to learn to deal with work and home better - with or without klonopin.

How about you?

Bob, that is fantastic!!  Wow, how exciting you’re just 7 weeks away from freedom of taking Klonopin.  So refreshing to hear it’s going so well and you’re stable.  It’s a big win that you’re able to work!  You’ve given me hope today  :highfive:  So, thank you for that.  We get to celebrate another benzo freedom soon, yes!  I’m sure the coping skills will be much more effective once off the stuff.  Stress is a trigger for sure, but sounds like you’re already handling it really well.  I, too, get insomnia when anxiety is heightened by life stuff.

My taper has been going well, in my perspective.  I do have sxs and hard times, and am realistic about all of it (practicing acceptance), so I’m learning to go with the flow as best as I can.  To be tapering daily is such a dream come true because I seriously thought I’d never be able to get off Klonopin.  This method is allowing me to test things out and learn about what’s what.  It’s gentle enough for me.  I’ll be done tapering my updose in one week and back down to my baseline dose, so I’m feeling very accomplished in even making it this far.  May slow it down for the tapering of 1mg, but I’ll let my mind and body guide me. 

I love that you feel more productive with less K in you.  That’s a great sign!  I’m imagining a life of functionality and productivity again someday  :)  Thanks for sharing!

I'm still holding. Have good days about one on 3. Yesterday was really good. Today I'm dealing with anxiety again.

I'm still holding. Have good days about one on 3. Yesterday was really good. Today I'm dealing with anxiety again.

Hang in there. I once had to hold for eight weeks but after that I have been able to reduce 0.001 mg every day consistently for 70 days in a row and I’m still doing well.  In fact, I’m starting to feel pretty good unless I have a bad stress day from work and the anxiety gets me  until I calm it down naturally.

Hang in there. I once had to hold for eight weeks but after that I have been able to reduce 0.001 mg every day consistently for 70 days in a row and I’m still doing well.  In fact, I’m starting to feel pretty good unless I have a bad stress day from work and the anxiety gets me  until I calm it down naturally.

I am so happy for you Bob. And a little envious as I cannot seem to make any progress! I hope that you continue to do well and walk off without any issues.

I am so happy for you Bob. And a little envious as I cannot seem to make any progress! I hope that you continue to do well and walk off without any issues.

I can relate -  I remember reading other peoples success with a mixture of getting hope with a touch of envy.  One thing to keep in mind as you’re still working and as long as we have to go to work each day stress comes to us. So we need to learn to cope with stress anxiety without pills.  Or somehow retire early.

My problem is that the anxiety isn't related to any particular stress... just arrives. Not thinking bad worried thoughts about anything. :-(

nolonger,

I get this anxiety, too.  Not as often as I’ve adjusted to my taper (for now).  Depression and anhedonia are my most common sxs.  But the biggest one is monophobia.  It has gotten much better as I taper, because I can be at home alone without freaking out, as long as I don’t have to stay the night alone.  Thankfully I don’t have to anymore. 

I can relate -  I remember reading other peoples success with a mixture of getting hope with a touch of envy.  One thing to keep in mind as you’re still working and as long as we have to go to work each day stress comes to us. So we need to learn to cope with stress anxiety without pills.  Or somehow retire early.

It's not just work stress though ... it's so much more than that. My mom has Parkinson's and lives several hours away, which, in addition to her illness, is also straining relationships with my siblings, who I once considered my closest friends. It's the kids growing up and leaving the nest, which is especially hard for me as we are a very close family. It's the stress of being nauseous every single day and being afraid to eat. I meditate, try to work out, but the reality is I have zero tolerance for stress due to the taper. I am at the point where I would like to stop working or cut back but with one in college and the other in private school, there is no way to make that happen.

Aside from trying to get brand what do people recommend I do when dealing with pharmacy trying to crossover to another generic besides the teva I’ve taken for so long. My brain doesn’t want to work. Do I ask them to ensure that a certain generic will stay in stock? Will it have to be written by doc as daw?

Any other teva taker suggestions? I’m stuck here, but not for long as my 1mg tevas are soon out & I’ll have to choose something. I’m very scared. Don’t want to go into withdrawal, don’t want to get oversedated or more depressed, not sure they can guarantee any generic will stay in stock. Having teva switch panic. Guidance please.

Bob, I’m so happy for you. You’re a shining example of what others can strive for.

Nolo, hope you feel better.

Uni, glad you’re doing relatively well.

I’m stuck holding & then more holding as I crossover to something?

Love to all,SC

I do not like to post here or anywhere on BB, but today I feel I should.

I wrote a long and very explanatory email to Teva yesterday about all the confusion we have had about whether the Teva clonazepam is being discontinued and replaced with the Actavis clonazepam.

It was addressed to the email for customer information. And I CCed it to the email for the office of Business Integrity.

Basically, I went way higher up into the corporate level. I just feel there needs to be some kind of clarification for all who have relied on Teva clonazepam for so many years.

Yesterday was Sunday of course, and I do not know if this went to corporate in the US or Israel. If it was Israel, it might have been Monday there, and if it was the US, all offices are eastern time, and they close by 5 pm. So my email was sent at 4:46 pm MT, and in the US they would have been closed.

But I received a response email back from the office of Business Integrity at 4:49 pm MT. It appeared to be an automated response which I’m sure it was. The response email identified the language as English, and noted my name in parentheses as External. In other words, it was not coming from an employee of the company.

It then went on to say my email inquiry was important to them, the matter would be thoroughly investigated and may take a bit of time, and that they would contact me.

This was definitely an automated response and was also written in numerous other languages. I did go high up on the “food chain” for sure. Wish I could copy and paste that email. But the space provided here does not allow that.

Don’t know if this will do any good or not, but I’m fed up with all these assurances from customer service that I’ve gotten while others have been told something else.

I still find it Extremely strange that new joiners to B.B. who are taking clonazepam do not seem to be aware of all discontinuations or concerned a bit.

I like to ask folks what the heck generic brand they are taking. I’m fairly sure that the majority on clonazepam are not taking the brand K for various reasons. Are that many other generic brands out there. I do not know.

Going to ask my doc when I see him on Thursday. He recognizes all these various names easily. I’d never heard of Solco myself until I read about it here. Accord has been around for quite awhile.

My oldest daughter told me yesterday that I was a cheapskate for not wanting to pay whatever it takes to get brand K. She said even 500$ or 600$ was not too much for peace of mind. Not that she really gets the benzo thing overall. Why wouldn’t she feel that way anyway: she’s making tons herself. Money doesn’t stop her from doing much.

I’ll just wait and see what comes from that email. At this point, just really want to know.

Intend,

You’re so smart & with it. Wish I was as knowledgeable as you. These inquiries, I can understand, because, don’t you want to stay on actavis? Therefore know what it availability is going to be?

I just don’t know what to do...

Thanks for caring about this topic.

Sc,

Yep, I’m curious about the Actavis because that’s the first one I started with. But I do wonder about all the Teva folks also. At one point, when I found out that Teva acquired Actavis and I would have to switch to another generic K, my first thought was to go to Teva. I happedened to know the pharmacist at the local Smiths grocery store, and asked him about Teva. Teva was kind of the go to clonazepam.

It was a big decision for me. I knew I didn’t want Mylan, but I sure considered Teva. I finally decided to stick with the pharmacy I’d been going to who still carried Actavis, but then we’re switching to Sandoz. So that was my first switch from one generic to another. I am curious about what’s happening with Teva in general.

To me it’s all kind of worrying. It does make wonder what’s going on with clonazepam overall. That’s why I’m going to ask my doc about this. I’m pretty sure the medical folks there use generic K when Rxing for a benzo. It has a long enough half life and duration of action for most people to help with stress, insomnia, and it’s also an anti convulsant.

Not endorsing it by any means, but it’s used so often here in US, just wonder what’s going on. I just posted in Long Hold group. Blue pill talks about all the drug company consolidations. That’s probably true. US just loves monopolies. That’s what the Federal Trade Commission is all about. And the commerce department. Providing for healthy competition. So drug company consolidation not an overall good thing.

But my post in Long Hold group not all about that. More about crossover to Valium. Might want to give it a read.

Thanks intend for explaining all of that. Your concern for others is exceptional, too. I wish my doc was up on the generics, but he has no clue. So do you intend to stay on actavis? Can’t remember, did you ever take teva?

What should I ask my pharmacist to help me sift through choosing what to switch to?

I think I read your v post & I agree & understand & ive read that it’s more sedating than k & agree it may not agree with all. Before generic fiasco, thought keeping it uncomplicated by staying on k was best bet. At least till much lower.

XX sc