Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Hi friends,

Should I reinstate until stable on new generic or will I kindle on day 6. Have cut .25 for 5 days.

I know that others have gone into withdrawal from switching generics, so doing it while tapering in withdrawal seems risky, no?

Ok so I havnt switched all the way over to new generic yet and it’s not promised to stay in stock. That’s the other problem, I believe they brought it in when teva went on back order but now their saying it’s not their preferred, Mylan is & canT promise that they can get it in once they sell back out of it. I’m  slowly replacing tevas with it, but can’t tell what’s what, since I’m also tapering & in withdrawal. Solco seem to take longer to kick in. But I still have 1.75mg or 2mg(if I reinstate)out of total 3.5mg to replace tevas with, solco, so at least half my dose is still tevas, hard to say what’s what. I’m not having seizures, but am in withdrawal.

First I’m really NOT trying to make excuses not to start or stick to tape here, but wonder if it’s wiser to reinstate before I get any further than 5 days into cut & hold & stabilize on a new generic BEFORE starting a taper?Especially if I may have to switch generics again soon...ugh, I don’t want to interrupt this anymore than those that are rooting for me do. I want to do the right thing, though.

I’m only 5 days into taper. Today’s 1pm cut will be day 6 of Cutting .25mg out of 3.5 per day. Would I kindle if I reinstate now until I’m crossed over & stable on new generic? I’m having mostly psychological withdrawal: increased startle reflex, sensitivity to light & sound, depression, anxiety, crying meltdowns daily, irritability, intrusive thoughts, all mood things are worse & quite uncontrollable in the late afternoon & evening, after I’ve taken my cut dose in around noon-1 & started taking the new generic in evening.But it’s random like super irritable then crying meltdown. Anyone else? Anyway phsychological withdrawal can be pretty bad.

Also physical: nausea, aching joints, less sleep(to bed later wake up earlier, getting 5-6hrs not enough for me)more frequent BMs, heart palps, fatigue, sometimes hand tremor, body/muscle aches, muscle twitches.

Here’s status of my crossover to solco so far:

My doses are 6am .5, 12pm .5,(.25 since cut 5 days ago), 6pm .5, bed time 2mg(these times vary but generally every 6 hours)

For past couple of days here’s how I’ve started integrating solco in place of teva. Anything not solco was taken as teva with 1 pm being .25 cut. FYI I feel solco takes longer to start working(could be my imagination as not totally on it yet) but that would change how often, when I take it & everything.

Tues 1pm-.25 solco

Wd6th 7pm .5 solco bed 1mg solco 1mg teva

Tr7th 7pm .5 solco bed 1mg solco 1mg teva

Fr 8th 7pm .5 solco, bed 1mg solco 1mg teva

So as of now 1.75mg of total daily dose is teva 1.5mg of total daily dose is solco

Starting tomorrow solco will be 2mg of dose for 3 days

Then 2.5mg solco for 1 day

Then will be on all solco in 5 days

What are your thoughts on me stopping this cut & hold of reducing 3.5 to .3.25 until I’m stable on new generic? Reinstating to 3.5 on day 6 of cut, so would only be 5 days of cut if I reinstate today. I don’t want to kindle.

Thanks kind friends for reading & giving me your feedback

If it was me, I would NOT reinstate.  Never go back up on a dose unless you are hospital level of withdrawal symptoms.  From all the experiences I have read, going back up on a dose has been a bad idea.  It was a very bad when I did it. 

You have made progress.  For 5 days you have been lower by 0.25mg.  How are your symptoms?  How is your fatigue? 

You should not worry so much about a change in generic.  Changing generics only seem to bother people who are on a total dose of less than 1mg per day.  When you are on such a high dose (>3mg), the small differences between generics are not detected very easily by your body.  So try to relax about this generic thing.  It is getting you worked up and creating anxiety symptoms. 

You did a good job slowly changing over to the new generic.  Now try to just forget about which generic you are on. 

Remember, you will have some withdrawal because you dropped 0.25mg.  Just try to distract yourself and hold until you are ready for another cut.

Keep up the good work and try not to overthink it.

You got this.

Thank you, Bob for your honest input.

Yes I’ve way overstressed myself about the generic...ugh

You asked how my symptoms are. I’ll copy/paste from last post.

But quick summary to your question.

I think nausea frequency has decreased. The fatigue remains an ongoing issue. I havnt been getting as much sleep though & im thinking my dose will have to get down lower before I see more of a difference. I think depression(which has temporarily cranked up plays into fatigue & all the worry I’ve been doing of med switch wears me out too.

Copy’s& paste start.

I’m having mostly psychological withdrawal: increased startle reflex, sensitivity to light & sound, depression, anxiety, crying meltdowns daily, irritability, intrusive thoughts, all mood things are worse & quite uncontrollable in the late afternoon & evening, after I’ve taken my cut dose in around noon-1 & started taking the new generic in evening.But it’s random like super irritable then crying meltdown. Anyone else? Anyway phsychological withdrawal can be pretty bad.

Also physical: nausea, aching joints, less sleep(to bed later wake up earlier, getting 5-6hrs not enough for me)more frequent BMs, heart palps, fatigue, sometimes hand tremor, body/muscle aches, muscle twitches.

Take care & have a good day friend

Yes, those are all to be expected in withdrawal and some of them are not the drug but due to over-thinking and creating anxiety which then creates physical symptoms.  So try and find something to distract yourself.

You can do this.

Find something you love to do and do it.

Ok much thanks :)

Hi friends,

Should I reinstate until stable on new generic or will I kindle on day 6. Have cut .25 for 5 days.

I know that others have gone into withdrawal from switching generics, so doing it while tapering in withdrawal seems risky, no?

Ok so I havnt switched all the way over to new generic yet and it’s not promised to stay in stock. That’s the other problem, I believe they brought it in when teva went on back order but now their saying it’s not their preferred, Mylan is & canT promise that they can get it in once they sell back out of it. I’m  slowly replacing tevas with it, but can’t tell what’s what, since I’m also tapering & in withdrawal. Solco seem to take longer to kick in. But I still have 1.75mg or 2mg(if I reinstate)out of total 3.5mg to replace tevas with, solco, so at least half my dose is still tevas, hard to say what’s what. I’m not having seizures, but am in withdrawal.

First I’m really NOT trying to make excuses not to start or stick to tape here, but wonder if it’s wiser to reinstate before I get any further than 5 days into cut & hold & stabilize on a new generic BEFORE starting a taper?Especially if I may have to switch generics again soon...ugh, I don’t want to interrupt this anymore than those that are rooting for me do. I want to do the right thing, though.

I’m only 5 days into taper. Today’s 1pm cut will be day 6 of Cutting .25mg out of 3.5 per day. Would I kindle if I reinstate now until I’m crossed over & stable on new generic? I’m having mostly psychological withdrawal: increased startle reflex, sensitivity to light & sound, depression, anxiety, crying meltdowns daily, irritability, intrusive thoughts, all mood things are worse & quite uncontrollable in the late afternoon & evening, after I’ve taken my cut dose in around noon-1 & started taking the new generic in evening.But it’s random like super irritable then crying meltdown. Anyone else? Anyway phsychological withdrawal can be pretty bad.

My doses are 6am .5, 12pm .5,(.25 since cut 5 days ago), 6pm .5, bed time 2mg(these times vary but generally every 6 hours)

For past couple of days here’s how I’ve started integrating solco in place of teva. Anything not solco was taken as teva with 1 pm being .25 cut. FYI I feel solco takes longer to start working(could be my imagination as not totally on it yet) but that would change how often, when I take it & everything.

Tues 1pm-.25 solco

So as of now 1.75mg of total daily dose is teva 1.5mg of total daily dose is solco

What are your thoughts on me stopping this cut & hold of reducing 3.5 to .3.25 until I’m stable on new generic? Reinstating to 3.5 on day 6 of cut, so would only be 5 days of cut if I reinstate today. I don’t want to kindle.

If it was me, I would NOT reinstate.  Never go back up on a dose unless you are hospital level of withdrawal symptoms.  From all the experiences I have read, going back up on a dose has been a bad idea.  It was a very bad when I did it. 

You have made progress.  For 5 days you have been lower by 0.25mg.  How are your symptoms?  How is your fatigue? 

You should not worry so much about a change in generic.  Changing generics only seem to bother people who are on a total dose of less than 1mg per day.  When you are on such a high dose (>3mg), the small differences between generics are not detected very easily by your body.  So try to relax about this generic thing.  It is getting you worked up and creating anxiety symptoms. 

You did a good job slowly changing over to the new generic.  Now try to just forget about which generic you are on. 

Remember, you will have some withdrawal because you dropped 0.25mg.  Just try to distract yourself and hold until you are ready for another cut.

You got this.

Bob, you said,

it was me, I would NOT reinstate.  Never go back up on a dose unless you are hospital level of withdrawal symptoms.  From all the experiences I have read, going back up on a dose has been a bad idea.  It was a very bad when I did it. 

Bob, what happened when you went back up on dose? That was bad? Did you totally reinstate? How long had you been cut first, before going back up ? How much had you cut from your dose?

Thank you

I answered this on the Long Hold board as well.

Many of us have given up on tapers and reinstated and updosed. I tried to taper when my father was dying, which was stupid. I don't agree with Bob on this one, that it has to be a "hospital level" event for reinstatement or updosing.

You haven't cut very much, so going back up to your original dose will not be a big deal. Just taper when you are ready.

I do think Bob has great advice though!

I answered this on the Long Hold board as well.

Many of us have given up on tapers and reinstated and updosed. I tried to taper when my father was dying, which was stupid. I don't agree with Bob on this one, that it has to be a "hospital level" event for reinstatement or updosing.

You haven't cut very much, so going back up to your original dose will not be a big deal. Just taper when you are ready.

I do think Bob has great advice though!

Thank you, NJ...Sigh of relief.

Yes, Bob, does have great advice, I think people just really want me to get started & succeed, but don’t necessarily know all of my life details. I’ve learned much from this trial, already if I do reinstate.

Thinking I need more support & stability. My intrusive thoughts have much revolved around my recently passed dog. Maybe I need more time to grieve, although I know benzos can prevent that. I’ll copy & paste what I wrote in long hold group. Thanks again & glad your feeling better, hope it continues for you

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

How are you? Ok here, I suppose. Having big second thoughts & need feedback before today’s cut dose. I’ll copy & paste what I’m trying to get feedback on.

Thank you for all of the input.

I have to travel for a very important medical appointment at the end of the month & will also be visiting family. I didn’t realize how fast that was sneaking up on me. I can’t be housebound right now nor in the near future, as I have been since starting taper, 6 days ago.

Not knowing when I’ll stabilize right now or what generic I’ll end up on yet, or even if I started with too big of a cut, may be too much for me right now.

Also, I may need to start therapy before restarting a taper, if I decide to reinstate, on this the 7th day. I’m really starting to think reinstating until I get through this appointment/out of town, start therapy, stabilize on new generic & in general may be best idea.

But I don’t want to kindle or let myself or others on here that are routing for me down. I must do what’s best for me, though. But what is that?

Will I kindle if I reinstate after 6 days?

Much thanks, Scaredie xx

For those liquid tapering with homemade vodka+water... how long do you keep your solution before you make a new batch if you haven't run out? builder said 10-14 days in one post.

I'm currently solution age restricted as using so little with my compounded capsules.

Hi friends,

Tues 1pm-.25 solco

You got this.

Bob, you said,

it was me, I would NOT reinstate.  Never go back up on a dose unless you are hospital level of withdrawal symptoms.  From all the experiences I have read, going back up on a dose has been a bad idea.  It was a very bad when I did it. 

Bob, what happened when you went back up on dose? That was bad? Did you totally reinstate? How long had you been cut first, before going back up ? How much had you cut from your dose?

Thank you

Hi Scaredie,

You asked what happened with my reinstatement.

I had gone down from 1mg to 0.5mg to 0.25mg. 

I had very little trouble getting down to 0.25 mg.  So when I needed help sleeping, I just randomly went back to 0.5mg for a while.

Then, the next time I tried to reduce to get back to 0.25, terrible withdrawals.  It was horrible recovering the same ground.

I have heard this a few times on BB.  It is like the first time you taper, it is easier.  But going back up and then down again, it gets harder.  Not sure if that is true for everyone.

I do respect and trust NJstrengths comment - always a sound voice.  So perhaps I overstated the level (hospital level) because I know how long it took you to get started.

Here is what I really want you to hear.  I am concerned about you using the drug to get past a family deal.  The reason most of us are hooked on this drug is because we never learned to cope with issues naturally.  If you go and increase your drug without first trying to cope naturally, you may miss a chance to learn.  You have not reduced very much.  You still have a ton of Benzo to "help" you.  3.25 mg should be enough to coast you through issues.  Ask yourself - does reinstating the 0.25mg cut really needed? 

All that said, if you go back up again, we will still support you.  WE CARE ABOUT YOU.  YOU ARE LOVED. 

Hi friends,

Tues 1pm-.25 solco

You got this.

Bob, you said,

Thank you

Hi Scaredie,

I had very little trouble getting down to 0.25 mg.  So when I needed help sleeping, I just randomly went back to 0.5mg for a while.

Then, the next time I tried to reduce to get back to 0.25, terrible withdrawals.  It was horrible recovering the same ground.

I have heard this a few times on BB.  It is like the first time you taper, it is easier.  But going back up and then down again, it gets harder.  Not sure if that is true for everyone.

I do respect and trust NJstrengths comment - always a sound voice.  So perhaps I overstated the level (hospital level) because I know how long it took you to get started.

Here is what I really want you to hear.  I am concerned about you using the drug to get past a family deal.  The reason most of us are hooked on this drug is because we never learned to cope with issues naturally.  If you go and increase your drug without first trying to cope naturally, you may miss a chance to learn.  You have not reduced very much.  You still have a ton of Benzo to "help" you.  3.25 mg should be enough to coast you through issues.  Ask yourself - does reinstating the 0.25mg cut really needed? 

All that said, if you go back up again, we will still support you.  WE CARE ABOUT YOU.  YOU ARE LOVED.

Bob,

Thank you much for the thourogh response.

How long did you go up & down like that? Months? Years?

Hers how my doc actually has been scripting me since seeing him, maybe different when I was at lower doses, but similar, so I’m probably already messed up from that.

My script before I decided to start tapering so .5 of it went to odts or liquid. I didn’t always take4mg

.5 clonazapam-take 1 tablet by mouth four times per day as needed, take 4 tablets @ bedtime. Huh?

I here you on using this experience to prove to self that I can do it, just not sure I’m ready yet.

Your reassurance of continued love & support, no matter what I do, was so needed & appreciated, brought some tears. Thank you

Sorry to hear things have been bumpy for you lately, but you sound strong as ever. I really do hope you feel better soon.

Love Scaredie

Hi friends,

Tues 1pm-.25 solco

You got this.

Bob, you said,

Thank you

Hi Scaredie,

Bob,

Hers how my doc actually has been scripting me since seeing him, maybe different when I was at lower doses, but similar, so I’m probably already messed up from that.

My script before I decided to start tapering so .5 of it went to odts or liquid. I didn’t always take4mg

.5 clonazapam-take 1 tablet by mouth four times per day as needed, take 4 tablets @ bedtime. Huh?

I here you on using this experience to prove to self that I can do it, just not sure I’m ready yet.

Your reassurance of continued love & support, no matter what I do, was so needed & appreciated, brought some tears. Thank you

Sorry to hear things have been bumpy for you lately, but you sound strong as ever. I really do hope you feel better soon.

Love Scaredie

Hi Scardie,

I probably went up and down for only a month or two.  It was before I found BB and since I was able to taper without symptoms the first time, I found it hard to believe my chest pains and other symptoms were caused by Benzo withdrawal.  I used to blame all sorts of things for my symptoms - like my blood pressure medication or certain foods. 

Now I know what Benzo can do to me - I want them out of my life - even if it means I have one or two bad days due to work stress.  I would rather learn to cope with the bad day than continue to feed this Klonopin beast.  I know the bad days do not last forever.  There is always a better day coming (weekends are the best).

For those liquid tapering with homemade vodka+water... how long do you keep your solution before you make a new batch if you haven't run out? builder said 10-14 days in one post.

I'm currently solution age restricted as using so little with my compounded capsules.

I use soy milk to make my solution, but my understanding is that it stays good as long as the solution.  So...alcohol and water do not go bad, so this is a very good question.  I would think longer than two weeks, cause I'm pretty sure people have drank alcohol older than two weeks old.  ;)

Hi friends,

Tues 1pm-.25 solco

You got this.

Bob, you said,

Thank you

Hi Scaredie,

Bob,

Love Scaredie

Hi Scardie,

I probably went up and down for only a month or two.  It was before I found BB and since I was able to taper without symptoms the first time, I found it hard to believe my chest pains and other symptoms were caused by Benzo withdrawal.  I used to blame all sorts of things for my symptoms - like my blood pressure medication or certain foods. 

Now I know what Benzo can do to me - I want them out of my life - even if it means I have one or two bad days due to work stress.  I would rather learn to cope with the bad day than continue to feed this Klonopin beast.  I know the bad days do not last forever.  There is always a better day coming (weekends are the best).

Great attitude, Bob! And insight for me, as I’ve never really tried to taper, but used to easily go up & down, no problems, apparently not anymore.....and I’ve been thinking many things are wrong with me I think that are caused just by being on benzos. Oh, even though they don’t work for me & I don’t trust them nor like their withdrawal, I still wonder if I need antidepressants to help me get on with life& through at least starting this process? I don’t know..nobody does. XX be well

Klonopin (clonazepam). Dosing twice a day... thinking about increasing my afternoon dose as it's almost 4 times as small as my middle-night dose to get them closer....

Middle-night .486 (started MT 0.002mg/night this last week) and afternoon is .125 as of today.

I'm not feeling interdose withdrawals... I'd often forget the afternoon one without the alarm I have set. But in 20 days I'm running out of my 0.125 dose (from 0.5mg Teva discontinued) so wondered if good time to make a change. Would probably do compounded capsule (luckily found out today my compounding pharmacy stocked up so have plenty of Teva for my taper)... I have enough for smaller liquid portion.

Do you think it makes any sense to increase the afternoon dose to make them more equal? Was thinking trying .185 afternoon (compounded capsule) and dropping night by corresponding 0.06. I take middle-night as I can fall asleep by myself and didn't want to make my mind feel like it needed at bedtime anymore... Unfortunately even taking at 1:30-2:30  (with back up alarm... I get up for bathroom) I'm usually awake before 4-5 and have trouble falling back asleep... I've been doing the "rest and don't fight it" approach the last several weeks. I started taking this at higher dosage at night to help with insomnia... never really helped me.

Or should I just leave the afternoon at the 0.125 that I'm used to?

If I switched in 20 days it would be .185 to .382 to start.

Klonopin (clonazepam). Dosing twice a day... thinking about increasing my afternoon dose as it's almost 4 times as small as my middle-night dose to get them closer....

Middle-night .486 (started MT 0.002mg/night this last week) and afternoon is .125 as of today.

I'm not feeling interdose withdrawals... I'd often forget the afternoon one without the alarm I have set. But in 20 days I'm running out of my 0.125 dose (from 0.5mg Teva discontinued) so wondered if good time to make a change. Would probably do compounded capsule (luckily found out today my compounding pharmacy stocked up so have plenty of Teva for my taper)... I have enough for smaller liquid portion.

Do you think it makes any sense to increase the afternoon dose to make them more equal? Was thinking trying .185 afternoon (compounded capsule) and dropping night by corresponding 0.06. I take middle-night as I can fall asleep by myself and didn't want to make my mind feel like it needed at bedtime anymore... Unfortunately even taking at 1:30-2:30  (with back up alarm... I get up for bathroom) I'm usually awake before 4-5 and have trouble falling back asleep... I've been doing the "rest and don't fight it" approach the last several weeks. I started taking this at higher dosage at night to help with insomnia... never really helped me.

Or should I just leave the afternoon at the 0.125 that I'm used to?

Well, here is something different to think about...

I tried the doing two doses per day just like you.

But I found the daytime dose give me tired feelings and make it hard to go to the gym.  Without the daily exercise, I found it harder to sleep.  So I switched to just taking one dose per day near bedtime.  I now have more energy during the day.

When I wake up at night, I use Chamomile Extract and 1/2 an aspirin (or advil) and I fall back to sleep faster than with Klonopin.

Thanks for the thought, Bob... The .125 in the afternoon definitely doesn't make me sleepy. I'm not sure if .185 would... so maybe I should just leave amounts as they are.

I just happen to have 30 .185 capsules from my cut/hold days of going down .125 a month in two drops so I thought... hmm... maybe I'd use them.

I'd never heard of Chamomile extract... I tried the pills but think tried during day more for anxiety... didn't do much... interesting that helps you fall asleep. I can't take aspirin or ibuprofen unfortunately.

Thanks for the thought, Bob... The .125 in the afternoon definitely doesn't make me sleepy. I'm not sure if .185 would... so maybe I should just leave amounts as they are.

I just happen to have 31 .185 capsules from my cut/hold days of going down .125 a month in two drops so I thought... hmm... maybe I'd use them.

I'd never heard of Chamomile extract... I tried the pills but think tried during day more for anxiety... didn't do much... interesting that helps you fall asleep. I can't take aspirin or ibuprofen unfortunately.

Hey there,

You had capsules compounded for cut & holds? For month long holds? @ what amounts?

What was your cost?

Did you do same for micro-taper.? How?

Has your taper been easy & smooth?

Are you making your own liquid now?

Is it for dlmt? How’s that going?

Best wishes xx

hi Scaredie,

Yes, I had .185 capsules compounded for two week holds when I was dropping .125 a month for the last two months - so two drops to get to down to .125 in a month instead of 1 drop. I'd use the capsule and lower amount of tablet(s) at night and then after two weeks just use tablet(s). So for example started at .875/day .75night/.125afternoon

.5tablet+.185(capsule)=.685+.125afternoon=.81; next drop

.625tablet+.125afternoon=.75; next drop

.375tablet+.185(capsule)+.125afternoon=.685; next drop

.5tablet+.125afternoon=.625

The cut/hold of that amount got to be a bit hard for me to deal with symptom-wise. 8.76% the last drop. I was hopeful and was staying under the 10% every 2 weeks...

but I probably should have started slower.

So I've only been doing the micro taper with homemade liquid for a week... I didn't want to use a lot of liquid. The first drop (started 0.5 at night which is the portion I'm dropping) I started with 0.456 capsule with liquid for the rest dropping the liquid by 0.2 ml a night (.002 mg). I had hopes of doing .125 over 6 weeks instead of 4 weeks and started the first two nights at 0.003mg but I had brain fog Wed so decided to drop further to .002mg a night which will take 63 days to drop the .125 (9 weeks... ugh)... but saw it was recommended to start low (which

I didn't do to begin with) and work up if one can instead of going the other way. Withdrawal symptoms have already improved for GI and headache so here's hoping I'm stabilizing at slower tapering rate.

Knowing I can control the capsule amount meant that even if the liquid felt like a bigger drop as some folk have there was a max of 7% due to the capsule (.456capsule+.125tablet=.581/.625start)=7.04% drop

I really hope you don't have a problem switching to different generic and that folk are right that being on a higher dose it shouldn't affect you as much just as a larger drop shouldn't affect you as much. Good luck!

Cost... it was $43 for 15 of the .456 capsules and $35 for 30 of the .185 capsules.

You're paying for the labor which is going to be a lot more than just the generic tablet... for reference I paid $15 for 30 Teva 1mg off-insurance at mom and pop pharmacy.

So how does that work?  Do you give them your 0.5mg tablets and they create new tablets with a different number of mg?

hi Scardie,

Yes, I had .185 capsules compounded for two week holds when I was dropping .125 a month for the last two months - so two drops to get to down to .125 in a month instead of 1 drop. I'd use the capsule and lower amount of tablet(s) at night and then after two weeks just use tablet(s). So for example started at .875/day .75night/.125afternoon

The cut/hold of that amount got to be a bit hard for me to deal with symptom-wise. 8.76% the last drop. I was hopeful and was staying under the 10% every 2 weeks...

So I've only been doing the micro taper with homemade liquid for a week... I didn't want to use a lot of liquid. The first drop (started 0.5 at night which is the portion I'm dropping) I started with 0.456 capsule with liquid for the rest dropping the liquid by 0.2 ml a night (.002 mg). I had hopes of doing .125 over 6 weeks instead of 4 weeks and started the first two nights at 0.003mg but I had brain fog Wed so decided to drop further to .002mg a night which will take 63 days to drop the .125 (9 weeks... ugh)... but saw it was recommended to start low (which

I didn't do to begin with) and work up if one can instead of going the other way. Withdrawal symptoms have already improved for GI and headache so here's hoping I'm stabilizing at slower tapering rate.

Knowing I can control the capsule amount meant that even if the liquid felt like a bigger drop as some folk have there was a max of 7% due to the capsule (.456capsule+.125tablet=.581/.625start)=7.04% drop

I really hope you don't have a problem switching to different generic and that folk are right that being on a higher dose it shouldn't affect you as much just as a larger drop shouldn't affect you as much. Good luck!

hi Scardie,

Thank you, nolo.

I don’t really get it. I’m sooo sorry. You put so much detail into your explanation. Are you weighing your tablets .125 tablets?

If you were dropping by .125 per month, I don’t get the math?

Where does the .185 come from?

At the bottom

folk have there was a max of 7% due to the capsule (.456capsule+.125tablet=.581/.625start)=7.04%

I see cap+tab=.581/what’s the.625 start=7.04%

Is your example in the beginning the dose you really started at?

Don’t worry if you can’t epfurther explain it. I’m having bad benzo brain. Maybe from reinstating.

What’s your compounding cost?

Thanks again

hi Bob7,

They got their own Teva tablets, crushed them up, and made smaller size capsules for me based on my doctor's prescription... I did the ground work with the compounding pharmacy to make sure they could get Teva and she called in to specifically use Teva.

You do the same I see by yourself.

hi Scaredie,

So first example... was at .875 (.75tabletnight and .125tabletafternoon=.875 for the day)

First drop was to .81

.5tabletnight+.185capsulenight=.685night+.125afternoon=.81 for the day (two week hold)

Second drop was to .75 

.625tabletnight+.125tabletafternoon=.75 for the day (two week hold)

.875-.75=.125 for the month

As I had .5mg tablets I cut those in quarters to get my .125 afternoon dose.

A little confusing as dropping .125 a month as well as have that .125 in the afternoon... which used to be a .125 in the morning for morning anxiety but moved to be 12 hours opposite middle of night dose...

hi Scaredie,

So first example... was at .875 (.75tabletnight and .125tabletafternoon=.875 for the day)

First drop was to .81

.5tabletnight+.185capsulenight=.685night+.125afternoon=.81 for the day (two week hold)

Second drop was to .75 

.625tabletnight+.125tabletafternoon=.75 for the day (two week hold)

.875-.75=.125 for the month

As I had .5mg tablets I cut those in quarters to get my .125 afternoon dose.

A little confusing as dropping .125 a month as well as have that .125 in the afternoon... which used to be a .125 in the morning for morning anxiety but moved to be 12 hours opposite middle of night dose...

Thank you. Much better understood that. So you planned to do a total of a .125mg drop per month, by cut and holding by .0625 per 2 weeks? Does that sound right?

Or was taper based off of percentage of your dose?

We’re your cuts spread out equally amongst each 2 daily cuts?

Thanks again

hi Scaredie,

I cut and held 0.065 the first two weeks and 0.06 the third and fourth weeks... all just from

the evening dose. Kept the afternoon constant.

I checked that the percentage was within the 5-10% for two weeks recommended. Percentage drops listed in my signature but basically I wanted to try .125 a month and see if it was doable.

Not just planned... I did do this for two months but the last cut was 8.76% and that was too much for me for a cut and hold... I could have dropped to a  lower cut/hold percentage but decided to drop percentage and start trying DMT with liquid. I'm now doing a 4.8% drop in 2 weeks but with smaller daily drops which I'm hoping will reduce the withdrawal symptoms. It seems to be working. Fingers crossed.