Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Esperanza.. I don't have any experience with that but want you to know I'm thinking of you and will keep you in my thoughts.

nolongeranxiousbut,

Please read my last post in that “Teva discontinued group.” Im pretty insulting, (just kind of fed up), but maybe worth a read.

hi Intend,

I read your posts. It's very frustrating.... and my last email (after yours) to Teva they told me this... not that I believe it.

On Jun 22, 2018, at 2:11 PM, TevaCS <TevaCS.TevaCS@tevapharm.com> wrote:

Thank you for contacting Teva Pharmaceuticals Customer Service.  We are unable to predict the discontinuation of a product. At this time Teva Clonazepam 1mg Tablets are active and available.  I hope this information has been helpful in addressing your concerns.

and when I asked specifically if they were still manufacturing it

On Jun 25, 2018, at 2:01 PM, TevaCS <TevaCS.TevaCS@tevapharm.com> wrote:

Thank you for contacting Teva Pharmaceuticals Customer Service Department. At this time Teva Clonazepam 1mg Tablets are active and available.  This states that the product is still being manufactured.

So, today is my first day taking brand name Klonopin and it definitely feels different.  I can actually feel it, whereas with generics I have not been.  So perhaps the quality of brand name makes it feel like a slight updose, but at the same concentration of active ingredient? 

Or do they all vary with percentages of actual Clonazepam? 

nolongeranxiousbut,

You are right- this is frustrating. I posted again in that “Teva discontinued group” yesterday morning (the 27th of June)when I mentioned calling the FDA.

I did not mention that I also called Teva by phone also yesterday morning and spoke with Mary. She told that Teva was actively shipping Actavis Clonazepam to all their wholesalers/distributors.

My one email to Teva customer service was on June 17, 2018 at 3:44 pm MT asking about the general confusion surrounding discontinuation of Teva’s different strengths of Clonazepam and substitution by Actavis.

They replied back by email on June 19, 2018 at 6:39 am ET. That was the email I tried to copy and paste awhile back and ended up not being able to, so I just posted the essential parts of it which I thought were the discontinuations and substitutions according to those 2 tableles they sent. I did leave out the “language” part of that email.

But this is what they said accompanying those tables:

“Good morning. Thank you for contacting Teva Pharmaceuticals Customer Service. The following Teva medications were discontinued from our portfolio and the appropriate agencies were notified on 5/29/2018.”

Table  (Teva Clonazepam)

Clonazepam  .5 mg.    100/500/1000

Clonazepam 1.0 mg.    100

“Stock may still be available at your local pharmacy of discontinued product until inventory is depleted at the wholesale and retail level.”

“Teva continues to manufacture and distribute the Actavis label Clonazepam to our wholesalers.”

Then the email advises me to work my healthcare provider and pharmacist with either the materials listed below or an alternate medication.

So the medication below is where the Actavis table is displayed in the strengths of 1 mg and .5 mg.

And then they invite me to call them or email them again with further questions. And I did. That call was most likely on the day of June 19, 2018 that same morning. I needed further clarification. Whoever I spoke with said her supervisor wrote the email, and that it meant that the 1 mg Teva Clonazepam was still available in bottles of 100/500/1000 tabs in numerous places (wholesale and retail), but would no longer be manufactured at all and would be gone completely when depleted.

So, nolongeranxiousbut,

I believe the information lies in the “language part” of my email and your emails. Their return email to me required more clarification so I called them. And as I just said they told very specifically that the 1 mg Teva Clonazepam would no longer be made but could still be found as supplies were being used and depleted. But it’s that “would no longer be made” part that is confusing and frankly duplicitous as far as I’m concerned.

Your emails say that Teva Clonazepam 1 mg is still available and being actively manufactured. I’m going to send them another email and ask specifically about what your email said if you’re ok with this. Your email from them are a direct contradiction to what I have been told. I can also call them and point out the contradiction.

Believe me when I say Teva is a company who doesn’t seem to know what’s going on. It is also possible to report them to the FDA. That can be done through the med watch program, and maybe by phone. I just had trouble getting to a live person yesterday as there are so many options, and as I listened to all of them, it seemed like my only live person was that pharmacist who didn’t seem familiar with the website and was hard to understand. But I can certainly try again and listen for other live person options.

So, today is my first day taking brand name Klonopin and it definitely feels different.  I can actually feel it, whereas with generics I have not been.  So perhaps the quality of brand name makes it feel like a slight updose, but at the same concentration of active ingredient? 

Or do they all vary with percentages of actual Clonazepam? 

Hi Uni,

Yes, I also think switching to brand name Klonopin felt like an updose.

I don't know if it is just more effective and absorbs better or what but overall, I feel more stable on it.

Uni,

This is the original product of Klonopin brand made by Roche. I do believe it is still made as it always was. I believe that the laboratories are updated and Roche has given its subsidary Genentech responsibility to produce it, but it’s still the same “recipe” for the branded product.

And yes, it is that quality of the product that makes it feel like an updose, and I do believe, therefore it is an updose. Some people may not feel it as an updose while others would as we all are different. But I would feel it as an updose myself.

Thank you Bob and Intend,

It was 1.5 hours after my morning dose that I felt it and I’m still feeling it.  Bob, that gives me great hope that you have experienced more stability on it.  Thank you so much for sharing.  It sue does feel like an updose! 

It’s really great to have this support group, I was late in joining.  I’m grateful for you all.  I heard the original Klonopin Klub was awesome.  Maybe ours will be too  :smitten:

Love,

Uni

The original KK #1 was wonderful.

Awwww, Intend...  you must miss it.  Are there any others here that were part of it, that are still active?

Hi everyone!

Seems I not the only one having problems with K generics. Interesting discussion on TEVA vs brand name K.

I stopped using big chains once Walgreens gave me Accord. Main complaint was that the tablet dissolved on my tongue before I was able to swallow it. I take my pill twice a day and it felt like I wasn't getting the full dose. I was having terrible anxiety between doses, agitation and waking up in the middle of the night for no reason.

Once that bottle was gone, I switched to a mom and pop pharmacy that actually listened to what I had to say and promised me their Sandoz generic was solid. It was! Only problem was the cost was a little under $75/month because my insurance didn't cover it.

I made the mistake of bringing up the medication cost in a session with my doc. I was happy with the current situation but just thought I'd let her know. She got excited and said even out-of-pocket the cost should be a lot lower. She urged me to shop around, so I did.

I found another mom and pop that quoted me $35, so I transferred my prescription.

I noticed the brand was Qualitest/Solco. They have a 'V' on their tablet which I recognized. Knowing I've had them before, I didn't think much of it.

I was wrong!  :'(

The tablet dissolved on my tongue just like the Accord brand. Not sure if it's placebo but I've only been on this brand for 1.5 days and all the symptoms from Accord are back... Terrible anxiety between doses and I woke up for no reason at 2 AM last night and then 1 hour before my alarm today. Ugh!!!

I remember my doc mentioning something about being able to surrender pills. In this context, I asked if we had to wait until my Rx was ready to refill to taper and she said no, you could surrender and get a new Rx.

So I go to the pharmacy today with my bottle only missing 3 tablets and they look at me like I'm crazy. They kept misinterpreting my words like what's the the problem, the pill tastes weird to you? Ohhh, it dissolves on your tongue. Weird... Can't you just quickly drink water with it? Omg I was being humiliated.

They basically said I was stuck with them because of state law and had never heard of this surrender concept. The only helpful thing they did was say they would try to get Mylan or Sandoz on my next refill.

Sorry for the wall of text but I just needed to vent. A lot of us on here were never warned about dependency and now it feels like we get grouped in with the opioid crisis. Being on this medication can sometimes make you feel like you're on probation. We're the voices that nobody wants to listen to. They don't teach in school that a long-time user of K can certainly tell the difference between generics. We live in a backwards world where a pharma intern is said to know more about K than someone that has been on it for a decade.

Uni, I’m not completely sure.

NJStrength posted to me several days ago that she’d been part of the original group when she first joined BB, but found the group a bit of a clique type group.

I looked back at the archived KK#1, and I read where she had just joined and had explained her situation with Clonazepam, and I thought when I followed posts directly after her posts that day and maybe a day later, no one had responded to her at all, and just kept responding to familiar members.

So she was probably right when she told me that.

That original group moved at lightening speed with people posting rapidly much like the Long Hold group does now.

I’ve observed over time that any group will probably be better if it has several people who regularly contribute, and offer varying ideas of difficulties others may be having, and a bit of advice about how they handled the problem. And then the tapering advice based on how they taper.

And unfortunately, when a bunch of folks there finally jump from their Clonazepam taper, it’s very possible for the group itself to kind of just fade away. That actually did happen with the ordginal group also. It was fading also as a group of familiar folks were done with their tapers, and got on with their lives. I don’t even remember when that happened as far as dates, but I sure do remember it happening. I’d found a great place to be at the time, so I just kept posting and so did the few members left, and quickly others joined in asking for help with Clonazepam problems and tapering advice. And that’s how I think a good support thrives.

You kind of need a welcoming type person who knows what’s happening with the particular problem, and will address whoever’s asking directly. Ignoring someone is not a good idea in my opinion. And no one needs to be a rocket scientist by any means, but a bit of knowledge and willingness to offer ideas and share their experiences is at the heart of all this I think. And it’s definitely not about just getting a lot of sympathy for whatever someone’s problem is. People who ask for help and want concrete answers to their questions want exactly that.

I know concrete answers cannot possibly be given since everyone is so different, but it’s very possible to give a variety of a persons own experience with any medication. And that’s exactly what the original group did. But NJ is right. It did get a bit like a clique. I’m not sure this group will ever be like the original though. Now on BB, we have a whole new bunch of folks here, with others joining almost every day. And like I’ve said before, so, so, many people are on clonazepam. And yet I sure don’t see them flocking to join this group.

So Uni, any ideas you have would be welcome.

Wow! Just noticed there was a TEVA discontinuation group...

TEVA, Mylan and Sandoz gone???

Did the FDA make an overnight decision to discontinue making quality clonazepam?

Looks like I'm not the only one who dislikes Accord. Ugh! Trying to adjust to Qualitest/Solco right now. Same problems as Accord... dissolves on your tongue, doesn't feel right, etc

I wasn't thrilled with Sandoz but after trying Accord and Qualitest/Solco, it's terrifying they're discontinuing.

Something is not right here. Was TEVA, Mylan and Sandoz making their pills more potent and now trying to slip out the backdoor or using an addictive filler we unknowingly got addicted to? It doesn't make sense the biggest K generics would just close up shop. I'll be keeping my ear to the ground...

Goya,

Sorry for no reply when I’m just sending a huge post myself about keep this support going.

Yep this generic thing is a mess. I’m super intent on figuring this out. I just need some time. Just got a call from my daughter about her giving me a new iPad. Kind of a messed up procedure.

Take a good look at that Teva discontinuation group. We all wonder what in the world is going on.

I know you’ve already looked at it. I just need some time here as I’m getting swamped.

hey all,

Things aren't great for me but at least I haven't had to switch generics... I'm so sorry for all of you who are getting yanked/switched so often. And happy for those that have gotten the brand name and hopefully will be able to maintain that.

It's hard enough tapering without switching if you're already sensitive as those of us on this forum are.

hey all,

Things aren't great for me but at least I haven't had to switch generics... I'm so sorry for all of you who are getting yanked/switched so often. And happy for those that have gotten the brand name and hopefully will be able to maintain that.

It's hard enough tapering without switching if you're already sensitive as those of us on this forum are.

What brand are you using? Like I said in a previous post, I was on Sandoz before Qualiest/Solco (same company) and had no idea Sandoz was discontinuing. It's almost like this day was going to happen no matter what because eventually my old pharmacy would have run out of Sandoz.

Goya,

Sorry for no reply when I’m just sending a huge post myself about keep this support going.

Yep this generic thing is a mess. I’m super intent on figuring this out. I just need some time. Just got a call from my daughter about her giving me a new iPad. Kind of a messed up procedure.

Take a good look at that Teva discontinuation group. We all wonder what in the world is going on.

I know you’ve already looked at it. I just need some time here as I’m getting swamped.

No worries! So what exactly happened to the old Klonopin Klub? Part of me wishes they would stick around and part of me realizes once they got off this crap, I would have done the same thing, too.

goya,

One thing that I did not mention in my email to Uni, is that the original KK klub was split since it got too long. And that was just at the point a lot of the current members were getting off clonazepam.

And I don't think it's been the same since as far as information, help, and general cohesiveness.

Just my opinion and thoughts. I'm a long timer myself, and I've had a lot of success tapering down using Actavis clonazepam which is owned by Teva pharmaceuticals so a bunch of folks here are trying to pin Teva down about what is available and what is not.

There have been phone calls and emails to Teva, and we're getting conflicting information. I have a vocal chord disorder so phone calls are hard for me, but I can call here and there, and I definitely can email. I'm going to try to pin this down once and for all.

Hey guys! I follow this group and I have been switched from Teva to Mylan. It was a tough switch but it didn't last long. Now I see that Mylan is not making now? This sucks. I hope I don't have to switch again. Might try brand K next....

I'm on Teva still. I'm lucky enough that my compounding pharmacy has over 200 1mg Teva pills for my taper and I have another 130. Hoping that will do it.

Hey guys! I follow this group and I have been switched from Teva to Mylan. It was a tough switch but it didn't last long. Now I see that Mylan is not making now? This sucks. I hope I don't have to switch again. Might try brand K next....

Everyone has a different reaction but for me, TEVA and Mylan were equal. At least both brands stay intact while you swallow them.

Not a bad idea to ask your pharmacy now which brand they would fill if Mylan wasn't available.

How long did you feel s/x while you switched from TEVA to Mylan? What were your symptoms?

Uni, I’m not completely sure.

NJStrength posted to me several days ago that she’d been part of the original group when she first joined BB, but found the group a bit of a clique type group.

I looked back at the archived KK#1, and I read where she had just joined and had explained her situation with Clonazepam, and I thought when I followed posts directly after her posts that day and maybe a day later, no one had responded to her at all, and just kept responding to familiar members.

So she was probably right when she told me that.

That original group moved at lightening speed with people posting rapidly much like the Long Hold group does now.

I’ve observed over time that any group will probably be better if it has several people who regularly contribute, and offer varying ideas of difficulties others may be having, and a bit of advice about how they handled the problem. And then the tapering advice based on how they taper.

And unfortunately, when a bunch of folks there finally jump from their Clonazepam taper, it’s very possible for the group itself to kind of just fade away. That actually did happen with the ordginal group also. It was fading also as a group of familiar folks were done with their tapers, and got on with their lives. I don’t even remember when that happened as far as dates, but I sure do remember it happening. I’d found a great place to be at the time, so I just kept posting and so did the few members left, and quickly others joined in asking for help with Clonazepam problems and tapering advice. And that’s how I think a good support thrives.

You kind of need a welcoming type person who knows what’s happening with the particular problem, and will address whoever’s asking directly. Ignoring someone is not a good idea in my opinion. And no one needs to be a rocket scientist by any means, but a bit of knowledge and willingness to offer ideas and share their experiences is at the heart of all this I think. And it’s definitely not about just getting a lot of sympathy for whatever someone’s problem is. People who ask for help and want concrete answers to their questions want exactly that.

I know concrete answers cannot possibly be given since everyone is so different, but it’s very possible to give a variety of a persons own experience with any medication. And that’s exactly what the original group did. But NJ is right. It did get a bit like a clique. I’m not sure this group will ever be like the original though. Now on BB, we have a whole new bunch of folks here, with others joining almost every day. And like I’ve said before, so, so, many people are on clonazepam. And yet I sure don’t see them flocking to join this group.

So Uni, any ideas you have would be welcome.

Intend,

On my better days, I can try and recruit some folks to join us.  Looks like it’s already gaining momentum, from what I’m seeing.  So, that’s a good sign.  It really would be lovely to have more of us on Clonazepam sharing experience and supporting one another, in one place.  Especially because all the benzos have different attributes and effects. 

I agree, it’s so important to get concrete answers to questions and help with this whole process from those who have experience.  Slowly but surely I’m gaining some, not always in the most comfortable ways, as I’m sure is true for others.  I’m one to believe emotional support is important; having a tribe to bond with and get through ALL of it, together.  It can be such a lonely process.  There are a couple of places on the forum where I see that cohesiveness you speak about.  It’s great. 

Kgirl10 was part of the original group and is doing well.  I messaged her a few weeks back and she was kind enough to offer encouragement and answers questions I had.  Like you said, a lot of them jumped around the same time and are enjoying living life again.  That makes me happy and hopeful for all of us!  Hopefully NJ’s post being ignored wasn’t intentional.  It may have just moved so fast...  sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with all the posts in wd.  Responding, in particular.  Articulating...  The CT I experienced really floored me so my cognitive skills aren’t what they were, prior. 

I do love that we’re all working together to figure out ways around the TEVA (and other generics) discontinuation issue.  Hopefully the information will be less conflicting soon.  Thank you for all the work you’ve put into this.  Had I not known, I wouldn’t have pushed to switch to brand Klonopin and probably would have been given a different generic than I’ve been using for so long.  I’m really hoping everyone finds a comfortable solution to this issue.  I wish everyone could switch to brand, easily and affordably. 

I'm on Teva still. I'm lucky enough that my compounding pharmacy has over 200 1mg Teva pills for my taper and I have another 130. Hoping that will do it.

Nolonger,

Great news you will have enough of Teva to complete your taper!  I hope this is the case so you don’t have to worry about switching and possibly deal with yet another thing to adjust to.  It’s unsettling that we would be forced to have to adjust to something while already so sensitized.  Someone even told me yesterday that my switching to brand K will take an adjustment.  Hoping this is not an issue and staying positive, but I did notice it felt like an updose yesterday and had a bit of a headache with more lethargy.  Today, I don’t feel it like I did yesterday.  So, that’s good. 

Wow! Just noticed there was a TEVA discontinuation group...

TEVA, Mylan and Sandoz gone???

Did the FDA make an overnight decision to discontinue making quality clonazepam?

Looks like I'm not the only one who dislikes Accord. Ugh! Trying to adjust to Qualitest/Solco right now. Same problems as Accord... dissolves on your tongue, doesn't feel right, etc

I wasn't thrilled with Sandoz but after trying Accord and Qualitest/Solco, it's terrifying they're discontinuing.

Something is not right here. Was TEVA, Mylan and Sandoz making their pills more potent and now trying to slip out the backdoor or using an addictive filler we unknowingly got addicted to? It doesn't make sense the biggest K generics would just close up shop. I'll be keeping my ear to the ground...

Goya, since the Accord is dissolving on your tongue, have you considered just taking letting it dissolve under your tongue instead of swallowing?  That has worked very well for me, in the past.  Just wanted to throw that out there for you as an option, since it’s dissolving before you can swallow it.  I hope you’re adjusting well to this new generic.  The sooner the better!  The last thing any of us need are more worries and variables. 

Hi bballmom, that’s good news that the adjustment didn’t last long but disconcerting that it was tough.  Brand K seems like the way to go, if you can get it.  I had to do a bit of work to get it approved and filled, the pharmacy mixed things up a bit and my doctor set them straight (thank goodness), but now it’s all in place to be my regular rx.  Hoping you don’t have to switch to another generic.  Intend has been working really diligently at getting the correct info regarding generics being discontinued.  This is going to work out for everyone, one way or another!