Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Scardie,

All of us have so much going on it is hard to tell what is/isn't withdrawal.

I am not clear if you have started tapering yet. I don't think bob is suggesting cutting .25 mg per day, that would be a lot. I cannot remember how many times you dose and if you have decided to do liquid or not. But I would say just make a cut somehow, hold for two weeks and see how you do.

Then we can all provide better input based on symptomology.

I worry that you are going to have a hard time as your user name alone and all your posts suggest that this process frightens you. If you don't believe you can be successful, you won't be--that is true of anything in life.

I can speak for myself that I am often terrified i won't be able to make it and that this is very hard. There are many times I have almost given up. But I keep going, as do others here.

I would suggest that you pick a starting dosage, make a small cut, hold, and go from there. At your dosage, I do think sticking with all pills might be easier than pill/liquid combo.

I'd also try to get as much physical activity as you can to help combat the fatigue. Good luck!

Scaredie:

From everything I read, I think your problem is too much Klonopin.

If I was on that much klonopin, I would be tired and brain dead.

Honestly, when I was at my peak Klonopin (1.5 mg), I was able to reduce by splitting pills.  It seems like if you are on high dose, you body can forgive large tapering.  Have you ever tried to just cut your pills into 1/4 (use a pill splitter from Walmart or a knife). 

QUESTION - If you reduce by 1/4 of a pill per day (say the noon dose), do you really even notice it compared to the heavy sedation your are in due to the rest of the Klonopin?

What would you do if you didn’t feel emotionally stabile due to some up/down dosing, & other contributing factors, but don’t think other than the emotional instability(ie I had a meltdown last eve out of the blue, it started with great irritability, that lead to irrational, as well as situational uncontrollable sobbing & depression)that you had any other acute withdrawal sxs. Unless the fatigue is part of it, but I doubt it as has been long standing, worsening after I quit smoking. But were too sedated on your current daily dose like mine 3.5mg total daily to function. Like no motivation or energy to do much at all & feeling like sleep walking, scared to drive, etc. would you hold until you thought you were completely stable or start on a taper?

And Bob, if you think I should start while I’m not perfectly stable, do you think from your past experience when you were on higher doses that I could start by cutting 1/4 from my first 2 .5mg doses doses?=total cut of .25mg per day to try and get that sedation under control?

Thank you

Thanks Scaredie

Hi Scaredie,

Yes, I am concerned much of your issue is too much Klonopin.

For the depression, question - are you acutely depressed (like every day) or is it just once in a while?

None of us are tapering while perfectly stable.  You are going to have withdrawal symptoms.  It is a bummer but it is better than being so tired from Klonopin that you have no life.

You are at such a high dose, yes, I think you could cut 1/4 a pill at a time for a while.  You will get symptoms.  Just hold until they are tolerable and then cut again.  The symptoms will probably accumulate and you might get real bad - I got chest pains so bad I went to the ER.  But I held for 8 weeks and felt a little better - still symptoms but could continue the taper.  If you want to get off the drug, you will need to pay. 

Scardie,

I am not clear if you have started tapering yet. I don't think bob is suggesting cutting .25 mg per day, that would be a lot. I cannot remember how many times you dose and if you have decided to do liquid or not. But I would say just make a cut somehow, hold for two weeks and see how you do.

I worry that you are going to have a hard time as your user name alone and all your posts suggest that this process frightens you. If you don't believe you can be successful, you won't be--that is true of anything in life.

I can speak for myself that I am often terrified i won't be able to make it and that this is very hard. There are many times I have almost given up. But I keep going, as do others here.

I would suggest that you pick a starting dosage, make a small cut, hold, and go from there. At your dosage, I do think sticking with all pills might be easier than pill/liquid combo.

I'd also try to get as much physical activity as you can to help combat the fatigue. Good luck!

She is on 3.5mg a day. 

I am not sure either if 0.25mg is the right level but her symptoms seem to be due to too much Klonopin - not really withdrawal.  She is tired all the time.

I wonder if getting lower on Klonopin is more helpful than worrying about withdrawal?

Scardie,

She is on 3.5mg a day. 

I am not sure either if 0.25mg is the right level but her symptoms seem to be due to too much Klonopin - not really withdrawal.  She is tired all the time.

I wonder if getting lower on Klonopin is more helpful than worrying about withdrawal?

Bob--I know Scardie's dose of K is very high but her body is probably used to it now since she has been at that level a while. Fatigue could be from the drug but I think lowering too much too soon, especially if she is nervous about cuts, will probably not be in her best interest. Just my opinion. I would not cut .25 mg a day, that seems like a lot, even from a high dose.

Scardie, I hope you can gain the confidence you need to move forward somehow. Again, a positive attitude and keeping it as simple as possible would work in your favor.

Scardie,

She is on 3.5mg a day. 

Bob--I know Scardie's dose of K is very high but her body is probably used to it now since she has been at that level a while. Fatigue could be from the drug but I think lowering too much too soon, especially if she is nervous about cuts, will probably not be in her best interest. Just my opinion. I would not cut .25 mg a day, that seems like a lot, even from a high dose.

Scardie, I hope you can gain the confidence you need to move forward somehow. Again, a positive attitude and keeping it as simple as possible would work in your favor.

HI NJstrength,

I agree, 0.25mg is too much - somehow got lost in the post but I was trying to say split your pills to reduce 0.25 of a pill.  She wanted to cut 5% to 10% and hold>  So with her taking 7 pills each day, removing 0.25 of a pill is only 3.5% reduction and so easy to do with a pill cutter.

Scardie,

She is on 3.5mg a day. 

HI NJstrength,

I agree, 0.25mg is too much - somehow got lost in the post but I was trying to say split your pills to reduce 0.25 of a pill.  She wanted to cut 5% to 10% and hold>  So with her taking 7 pills each day, removing 0.25 of a pill is only 3.5% reduction and so easy to do with a pill cutter.

Thank you NuJ Stength & Bob7,

Sorry I wasn’t around for your replies yesterday. I’ll summarize for who needs it.

I take total of of 3.5mg per day. 6am .5, 12pm, .5, 6pm, .5, bed 2mg

Bob How Is .25 only 3.5% of my dose? Also, I always have low to mid level depression, however recently it is more acutely worse(crying more not wanting to get going or do anything) Wheras before it was like I was surviving, not really living or enjoying anything but not sobbing at the drop of a pen & I was getting out more easily.

The excessive fatigue has been prevalent for awhile.

Bob & NJ, I get that 10% is .35, so if I go @ 10% I could feasibly reduce .125 from 2 doses & remain under that 10%, right?

I get that 5% is .175, so that would be ok to reduce .125 from one dose, right?

I don’t know how to use my scale. And seems time consuming & hard, but with switching generics & the horrible cut I just got with pill cutter, I may need to use scale. Will need help. Have gotten so much different advice on how to use it.

I just tried to cut a half into a quarter with a pill splitter & got a horrible uneven quarter, waisted cut.

NJ, I have started & stopped taper so no, I havnt really begun taper, but my doc allowed 4mg per day so I have up/down dosed by .5mg(dumb) recently, then holding @ 3.5 for past 9 days with acute depression & some nausea(the nausea could be something else)that I keep thinking is gone since day 4 but now I’m feeling it again!

Do you think a 10% cut is too much, the fatigue is killing me? That would be .125 times 2=.25mg cut per day.

NJ,Bob,  given the above info, do you think I could reduce .125= 1/4 of a pill from 2 doses? Or would it be best to only reduce .125mg from from one dose?

I still have pharm liquid, but am unsure if it will work for me as I tried immediately after up/down dosing & had acute depression & nausea. I could dlmt with that but don’t know how to take away from only two doses per day @ a 5 or 10% reduction of total daily dose doing dlmt without Bella’s help manipulating Jim Hawks charts. But I want to cut from those two .5 day doses 6am 12pm asap due to the fatigue.

Appreciate you both

I know I’m too wordy.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks

Scardie,

She is on 3.5mg a day. 

HI NJstrength,

Thank you NuJ Stength & Bob7,

Sorry I wasn’t around for your replies yesterday. I’ll summarize for who needs it.

I take total of of 3.5mg per day. 6am .5, 12pm, .5, 6pm, .5, bed 2mg

Bob How Is .25 only 3.5% of my dose? Also, I always have low to mid level depression, however recently it is more acutely worse(crying more not wanting to get going or do anything) Wheras before it was like I was surviving, not really living or enjoying anything but not sobbing at the drop of a pen & I was getting out more easily.

The excessive fatigue has been prevalent for awhile.

Bob & NJ, I get that 10% is .35, so if I go @ 10% I could feasibly reduce .125 from 2 doses & remain under that 10%, right?

I get that 5% is .175, so that would be ok to reduce .125 from one dose, right?

I don’t know how to use my scale. And seems time consuming & hard, but with switching generics & the horrible cut I just got with pill cutter, I may need to use scale. Will need help. Have gotten so much different advice on how to use it.

I just tried to cut a half into a quarter with a pill splitter & got a horrible uneven quarter, waisted cut.

NJ, I have started & stopped taper so no, I havnt really begun taper, but my doc allowed 4mg per day so I have up/down dosed by .5mg(dumb) recently, then holding @ 3.5 for past 9 days with acute depression & some nausea(the nausea could be something else)that I keep thinking is gone since day 4 but now I’m feeling it again!

Do you think a 10% cut is too much, the fatigue is killing me? That would be .125 times 2=.25mg cut per day.

NJ,Bob,  given the above info, do you think I could reduce .125= 1/4 of a pill from 2 doses? Or would it be best to only reduce .125mg from from one dose?

I still have pharm liquid, but am unsure if it will work for me as I tried immediately after up/down dosing & had acute depression & nausea. I could dlmt with that but don’t know how to take away from only two doses per day @ a 5 or 10% reduction of total daily dose doing dlmt without Bella’s help manipulating Jim Hawks charts. But I want to cut from those two .5 day doses 6am 12pm asap due to the fatigue.

Appreciate you both

I know I’m too wordy.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks

Scardie,

When I originally wrote to reduce 0.25 I meant one-fourth of a pill (1/4 = 0.25 of a pill) NOT milligrams.

I am sorry for the mistake - NJstrength caught it for me yesterday - thanks NJ!

So one-fourth of a pill is 0.125 mg reduction or 3.57%.

I think you should reduce this one-fourth of a pill in your noon dose and then let's see how you feel in about 2 weeks.

I would only reduce .125 mg from one dose, as Bob stated.

Bob suggested noon dose. I think if you sleep well and are taking most of your klonopin at night, then maybe try reducing the evening dose by that amount. Again, I don't think you have to worry about liquid this early in your taper. Just my opinion. I think with a high dose the dry cuts should be manageable at least until you are at 2 mg, I would think, maybe lower.

I would just try it and see how you do. Think positive! Try not to be too scared; it probably will not be as bad as you think.

I agree with NJstrength on both points.  No need to concern about liquids and also, which dose to cut first depends on how you sleep at night. 

You got this!  You might get some withdrawal in a few days or even weeks but hold until you feel good enough to reduce again. 

When you get below 0.5mg, your energy levels will return to you and you can start exercising (that is my #1 method of reducing withdrawal symptoms).  I also have much luck improving my withdrawal insomnia using chamomile extract, aspirin/advil, and 100 mg Magnesium Glycinate (no other magnesium works as well for me - some cause troubles but this stuff works).

As noted elsewhere as of Thursday Teva announced they would no longer be making Teva Clonazepam. They're only going to be producing their Actavis version. If a pharmacy tells you that they'll have "Teva" this week it will be the Actavis version... and the 0.5 mg Actavis are still supposedly backordered until middle of the month.

Thank you both so much, Bob & NJ strength. You’ve both put much thoughts& time into helping me. I’ll try to take everything in & keep you posted.

It’s all so overwhelming sometimes just have to leave it be for a bit,

I may still try my liquid again before it expires, at least see how I react to it.

I’ve copy & pasted all that you’ve both contributed to a safe place.

Thank you & best wishes back to you both :)

As noted elsewhere as of Thursday Teva announced they would no longer be making Teva Clonazepam. They're only going to be producing their Actavis version. If a pharmacy tells you that they'll have "Teva" this week it will be the Actavis version... and the 0.5 mg Actavis are still supposedly backordered until middle of the month.

So I just got back from the pharmacy where they wanted to give me some sort of orally distengrating version made by Par Pharmacuetical, .5 mg. I asked if they would get the teva in and he said hopefully this week, doesn't sound like it will be this week based on this message.

Does anyone have experience with this brand? Can this be dry cut? I have had so many symptoms since February, changed jobs in april which hasn't gone well and now being recruited by another company that sounds like a better fit, recently updosed to try to get a handle on this and am now feeling completely overwhelmed. I don't know if I should get brand name, although I have no idea of how expensive that would be. I just started a new job and have been so sick and really need a break here ...

Any words of wisdom? Are there other generics that are not "dissolved under tongue"? Ugh, I am really just so upset.

So I just got back from the pharmacy where they wanted to give me some sort of orally distengrating version made by Par Pharmacuetical, .5 mg. I asked if they would get the teva in and he said hopefully this week, doesn't sound like it will be this week based on this message.

Does anyone have experience with this brand? Can this be dry cut? I have had so many symptoms since February, changed jobs in april which hasn't gone well and now being recruited by another company that sounds like a better fit, recently updosed to try to get a handle on this and am now feeling completely overwhelmed. I don't know if I should get brand name, although I have no idea of how expensive that would be. I just started a new job and have been so sick and really need a break here ...

Any words of wisdom? Are there other generics that are not "dissolved under tongue"? Ugh, I am really just so upset.

There are many generics that aren’t dissolved under the tongue. I don’t which ones are ‘good’ or not as I’ve been on teva for 8 years. Only get a partial fill if your unsure of what your going to stick with so your not suck with a months worth of something you don’t want. There’s Mylan, accord, acatavis(coming soon to replace teva), solco. Those are the ones in my area. I’ve heard qualititest, & sandoz are runners up to teva, I think. Oh sorry your stressed. Try partial fills of different generics, until you find one your ok with, don’t settle for dissolving if that not what you want, or try to get your doctor to get insurance to cover brand, they’re probably all short in stock due to the teva ordeal. Good luck hope you feel better

I didn't take the ODT. I am going to back to the pharmacist tomorrow after work to see what my options might be. This is another reason to be off these damn pills; so much stress because a company decides not to make them anymore. I have about a week and a half left of the tevas. At least I have some time to sort this out.

Oh, good to hear you have some left. I hope they’ll take them back. Mine never would take anything back, just a heads up. Then doc would have to be willing to work with you. Good luck

Those who know me may think this crazy, but the fatigue is getting scary, so I’m curious.

I’m sooo tired on my 3.5mg of clonazapam per day and I think like all of us do that I’m getting many health problems from it. At some point I needed this high of a dose. Took stimulants for treatment resistant depression, that’s no doubt when dose escalated, they failed for depression too, then after discontinuing those I had such severe panic, anxiety, depression, intrusive thoughts, I can’t remember it all but it was aweful & I may have had even another dose increase.

So I’ve known that clonazapam has been bad for my memory for years, but now bad upper back & other body pain problems, depression, no good feeling, just surviving, cognitive problems, can’t think of basic words, just dumb, fatigue has been with me for a couple years I suppose, but not like it is now, just got worse & worse since quitting smoking in oct 2017 & ridiculous since removing last patch a couple months ago,to the point where I just want to lay around or nap, no motivation, have to force self to do everything, like shower etc, innatentive, scary driving etc.

I’ve been scared to taper too fast and have withdrawal or get paws, but I’m really starting to wonder if at this high dose, if I can go faster than the 5-10% every 10-14days rule & not have repercussions?

Anyone have experience making larger cuts in the beginning of taper on higher dose clonazapam, similar to mine, without severe or any withdrawal symptoms? Please share your story or advice or words of caution if you were on a high dose & thought you could do that & it didn’t work out.

If you did please provide doses & reductions & reduction frequency, holds. Much thanks

My son is suffering a lot of pain from the withdrawals of Klonpin.  He has been off the medication since last August, but dealing with significant headaches and overall body pains.  Any input on what helps to reduce the pain?  Thanks in advance for any guidance.

All the best,

Sports Fan

My son is suffering a lot of pain from the withdrawals of Klonpin.  He has been off the medication since last August, but dealing with significant headaches and overall body pains.  Any input on what helps to reduce the pain?  Thanks in advance for any guidance.

All the best,

Sports Fan

Sorry to hear. We were just talking about pain while on it. Here’s what someone shared with me for back ache body pain. Hope it helps. It’s essential oils. You’d probably need a carrier oil too.

It’s called Muscle Ease.  I get it on Amazon.  There is another one when they are out of that one called Deep Muscle, but I don’t think it’s organic.  I’ve also mixed my own with peppermint, rosemary, cinnamon and sage.  Have made different mixtures.   

I think others have spoken of magnesium supplements & or topical maybe even epsom salt baths. Warm wishes

All the best,

Sports Fan

I would also recommend magnesium, epsom salt baths would probably be best so it doesn't cause any gastric upset. CBD oil might also help.

Thank you both so much, Bob & NJ strength. You’ve both put much thoughts& time into helping me. I’ll try to take everything in & keep you posted.

It’s all so overwhelming sometimes just have to leave it be for a bit,

I may still try my liquid again before it expires, at least see how I react to it.

I’ve copy & pasted all that you’ve both contributed to a safe place.

Thank you & best wishes back to you both :)

Your thoughts on my question to Bella?

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=204137.msg2646166#msg2646166

Just in case it didn’t go through

I know I’ve been wanting to be so cautious & scared to start taper, but am ready now & convinced my extraordinary fatigue is due to high dose k pin & cant function like this way anymore. Bella made me nice dlmt charts but it seems I can’t go fast enough to relieve fatigue. Just started today though. Coffee doesn’t wake me up.

But do you remember in the beginning of your taper if we’re on a relatively high k pin dose(I’m on 3.5mg/day)ever making cuts larger than 10% of daily dose and avoiding withdrawal symptoms?

Anyone do this due to excessive sedation? Did the larger cuts remove the sedation without adding withdrawal?

Anyone please feel free to chime in. I’m sooooo tired I can’t deal. Trying to start new dlmt with compounded pharm liquid but I took it this am & just want to go back to sleep,(that’s been my norm for awhile though)can’t tell if maybe I’m even more tired on the liquid. Could it be stronger than pills? I also got a gurgle tummy post dose & feel sort of like i took a shot.

Thoughts on dry cutting .125mg from 6a. .5, 12pm .5, 6pm .5 leave bedtime dose @ 2mg

Or cutting .25 from first 2 doses of day leave all else alone or dlmt 3rd dose while doing this leaving bed dose, as tabs. These would put me above 10% reduction off total daily dose.

I don’t want to mess my taper up by cutting too much too soon, but can’t take the scary fatigue.

Any ideas welcome.

Anyone with excessive fatigue, on high dose feel better after, no withdrawal from fairly large cuts early in taper? Details?

What are thoughts on the following also:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=204137.msg2646166#msg2646166

Please help

Thank you

But do you remember in the beginning of your taper if we’re on a relatively high k pin dose(I’m on 3.5mg/day)ever making cuts larger than 10% of daily dose and avoiding withdrawal symptoms?

Anyone do this due to excessive sedation? Did the larger cuts remove the sedation without adding withdrawal?

Thoughts on dry cutting .125mg from 6a. .5, 12pm .5, 6pm .5 leave bedtime dose @ 2mg

Or cutting .25 from first 2 doses of day leave all else alone or dlmt 3rd dose while doing this leaving bed dose, as tabs. These would put me above 10% reduction off total daily dose.

Anyone with excessive fatigue, on high dose feel better after, no withdrawal from fairly large cuts early in taper? Details?

Yes, I was very tired at anything above 2.5mg of K a day.  In fact, I remember trying to slog through my day on 5mg of k a day, and the doc really wanted me to try this as he thought it was get rid of all my symptoms of anxiety once and for all.  As I went down in my taper, which I did very slowly, it did removed the tiredness, but it never did this without any withdrawal symptoms.

When I was up at 5mg a day and went back down to 2.5mg a day, I actually remember very very few withdrawal symptoms, and I also think I was only on the dosage for a week or maybe less. 

All my cuts at the beginning of my taper were larger and I didn't feel nearly as poorly as I have later in my taper.  It's weird cause I feel like there's two kinds of things going on.  There's the feeling poorly from taking the benzos, which slowly, as you taper, gets less.  For me, that was messed up cognitive function, forgetfulness,  anxiety and panic,  migraines, a lot of brain/head stuff I'm still trying to figure out.  So these things, theoretically should have gotten better for me during my taper... to be honest, the anxiety/panic is the one thing that has gotten SO MUCH better as I have tapered down.  As far as brain function goes, I don't feel it's really that great yet.

Withdrawal symptoms, for me, have been a lot of anxiety, inability to sleep soundly,  emotions feeling strong and lots of negativity,  everything seeming too loud, to bright, etc., migraines,  forgetfulness, dp/dr, and a feeling that my memories are all shook up- old memories feel new and new memories feel old, and muscles tension and muscle pain. 

So even if you cut and the fatigue does go away, you are never guaranteed a symptom free cut.  Some people get lucky and some of my cuts have been better than others but noone can tell the future.

So right now you are taking .5, 3X a day and 2mg at night?  I think cutting .125mg from the morning dose sounds sensible. 

Yes, I was very tired at anything above 2.5mg of K a day.  In fact, I remember trying to slog through my day on 5mg of k a day, and the doc really wanted me to try this as he thought it was get rid of all my symptoms of anxiety once and for all.  As I went down in my taper, which I did very slowly, it did removed the tiredness, but it never did this without any withdrawal symptoms.

When I was up at 5mg a day and went back down to 2.5mg a day, I actually remember very very few withdrawal symptoms, and I also think I was only on the dosage for a week or maybe less. 

All my cuts at the beginning of my taper were larger and I didn't feel nearly as poorly as I have later in my taper.  It's weird cause I feel like there's two kinds of things going on.  There's the feeling poorly from taking the benzos, which slowly, as you taper, gets less.  For me, that was messed up cognitive function, forgetfulness,  anxiety and panic,  migraines, a lot of brain/head stuff I'm still trying to figure out.  So these things, theoretically should have gotten better for me during my taper... to be honest, the anxiety/panic is the one thing that has gotten SO MUCH better as I have tapered down.  As far as brain function goes, I don't feel it's really that great yet.

Withdrawal symptoms, for me, have been a lot of anxiety, inability to sleep soundly,  emotions feeling strong and lots of negativity,  everything seeming too loud, to bright, etc., migraines,  forgetfulness, dp/dr, and a feeling that my memories are all shook up- old memories feel new and new memories feel old, and muscles tension and muscle pain. 

So even if you cut and the fatigue does go away, you are never guaranteed a symptom free cut.  Some people get lucky and some of my cuts have been better than others but noone can tell the future.

So right now you are taking .5, 3X a day and 2mg at night?  I think cutting .125mg from the morning dose sounds sensible.

Thank you green cup,

Appreciate the long thoughtful reply.

So you staid c/o

All my cuts at the beginning of my taper were larger and I didn't feel nearly as poorly as I have later in my taper.

Like how much larger? Do you remember if they were more than 10% of daily dose. What do you remember feeling like with your larger early cuts? Some withdrawal? Like what?

Have the following only been as you got lower in taper? I’m sorry for your suffering.

Did you generally follow not cutting more than 10% of total dose @ a time?

Have you mostly done dry cut & hold? Did you weigh doses?

How much & @ what point in your taper have you done dlmt?

Thank you, yes those are my doses, but I was wondering if I could safely cut more to be rid of the sedation. I suppose that’s your answer though. .125 from morning dose?

Much thanks for your imput. Hope your feeling better.

Going from 2.5mg-->1.5mg I cut .5mg at a time and then held.  Then at 1.5mg, I cut .25mg, I think?  I actually don't remember well, but when I cut from 1.0-->.75mg,  THAT is when I really really felt it, and also, I regretted making such a large cut.  I did not always keep within any certain % with my cuts. 

You are at 3.5mg a day, which means that 10% of that is .35mg, and 5% is .175mg, so making a .125m cut, is well within 5%.  You might easily get away with making a much larger cut without too many symptoms.  I would suggest just to do that, and then wait a week or two and see how you feel.  If you feel fine, then you are set to make another cut.  What's two weeks wait really, to try and minimize the withdrawal symptoms?