Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

I found the tevas .5 at another pharmacy but my doctor isn't sure if she will call in the prescription or not since she already called it into CVS, who filled it with the oral disintegrating tablets, and I did NOT take the prescription.

I am really not sure how I am going to taper if the only thing I can get is .5 ODTs. This is a nightmare for me. I was up all night throwing up because my nausea is completely out of control now, I assume it is life stress on top of taper. My mom's health is getting worse, I started a new job two months ago ... and the more frequent vomiting began in January. If I get the ODTs do I go up to .5? The doctor offered me .25s instead but I cannot drop from .4 to .25. And I have fewer of the .5s left than I thought .. will make it through the weekend but that is it.

Hey NJStrength,

I had the ODT a few years ago.  I liked them.  I think they work just as well as my normal teva tablets.

Why do you say you cannot taper with the ODT?

Do you have a scale?  Here is a good one. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B011J88S8M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To get your dose of 0.4mg, do this...

Place a piece of clean aluminum foil on the scale and tare it (so it reads zero).

Weigh the ODT tablet on the foil.

To get your dose of 0.4mg, use a razor blade to shave the ODT until it is 80% reduced in weight.

Bob, I didn't think you could cut the ODTs. Can you? I dry cut now so have the scale and use the razor. If I can, then this might work.

Do you know if you have to cut it and use it right away or can I cut two weeks worth at a time? You are giving me some hope here.

I continue to be so very nauseous and threw up again all night last night; slept for two hours then went to work for a full day. I am not sure what is going on. I need some relief from the nausea and need to sleep more.

NJstrength,

I am at work right now but when I get home, I will see if I have any left and if so, I will see how they cut.  As I recall, they are like a wafer, I could cut them very easy.  They might crumble a bit which is why I said "place on aluminum foil" so you can control the bits and pieces and weigh to get your dose.  Do you need help with the math?

NJstrength,

I found my Klonopin wafer (oral disintegrating tablet) and found it very nice to work with.  I could cut it with scissors!  It sliced nicely.  I cut in half, then in quarter, and then into 1/8.

I think you will like these for tapering.

Are those teva odts, bob? I have .125 teva odts & found them fragile, what kind of scissors? Thanks for sharing

Yup - ODT (oral disintegrating tablets).  My are 0.25mg each and I used sharp scissors like for hair cutting. 

Hi all,

I’m only on day two of cutting .25 from 12pm dose out of total of 3.5mg per day. I’m feeling really bad. Nauseous, headache, jaw ache, fatigue, then the worst of all, just broke down with sobbing depression out of the blue when someone just upset me, it was like the end of the world & I couldn’t calm down. I knew it was withdrawal depression or else I would’ve felt like I needed to check myself in somewhere.

I know they say you can cut more when your on a higher dose, & I’m wanting too, to be rid of this sedation, but this stuff is coming at me fast. That meltdown scared me, came out of no where & left as fast as it came? Like I’m bipolar or something.

I’m so disappointed because last evening I was being silly, had old rap songs popping into my head out of no where & was in good spirits. Thought I had some less sedation after my cut.

I took a different generic for my cut dose today, got blurry vision, then fell asleep.

Took evening dose an hour late. Could that have played into meltdown.

Is this how dry cut & hold tapers go? Do I sound too unstable to continue at this rate? I can’t break down in public like that.

Should I updose before I’m too much further along? Hold? Reinstate?

All experiences input appreciated...sorry for novel

Thank you

Hi all,

I’m only on day two of cutting .25 from 12pm dose out of total of 3.5mg per day. I’m feeling really bad. Nauseous, headache, jaw ache, fatigue, then the worst of all, just broke down with sobbing depression out of the blue when someone just upset me, it was like the end of the world & I couldn’t calm down. I knew it was withdrawal depression or else I would’ve felt like I needed to check myself in somewhere.

I know they say you can cut more when your on a higher dose, & I’m wanting too, to be rid of this sedation, but this stuff is coming at me fast. That meltdown scared me, came out of no where & left as fast as it came? Like I’m bipolar or something.

I’m so disappointed because last evening I was being silly, had old rap songs popping into my head out of no where & was in good spirits. Thought I had some less sedation after my cut.

I took a different generic for my cut dose today, got blurry vision, then fell asleep.

Is this how dry cut & hold tapers go? Do I sound too unstable to continue at this rate? I can’t break down in public like that.

Thank you

You said you did .25 mg drop.

But 1/4 of a pill is only a drop of .125 mg

So which one did you do?

It’s so easy to cut your pills into 1/4-why don’t you move forward but just remove 1/4 of a pill and hold at that level for a while?

Give yourself a good solid week or two before you give up. You will learn coping mechanisms.

You can do this.

Hi all,

Thank you

So which one did you do?

It’s so easy to cut your pills into 1/4-why don’t you move forward but just remove 1/4 of a pill and hold at that level for a while?

Give yourself a good solid week or two before you give up. You will learn coping mechanisms.

You can do this.

Thanks for getting back with me Bob. I cut. .25 instead of .125 trying to get rid of my daytime sedation faster. Thought I’d be safe since high dose. Think I’m kindled or unstable. But darn want to get on with this. It’s still within the 10% range, but if I’m supposed to be following my symptoms then they’re bad today :-[

So should I try one more day with the .25 cut. Or go ahead & updose to only .125 drop?

Thanks dear kind sir

Hi all,

Thank you

So which one did you do?

You can do this.

Thanks for getting back with me Bob. I cut. .25 instead of .125 trying to get rid of my daytime sedation faster. Thought I’d be safe since high dose. Think I’m kindled or unstable. But darn want to get on with this. It’s still within the 10% range, but if I’m supposed to be following my symptoms then they’re bad today :-[

So should I try one more day with the .25 cut. Or go ahead & updose to only .125 drop?

Thanks dear kind sir

Well it depends on how good you are distracting yourself. 

I fear you are so intelligent, you keep trying to predict (and control) the future which means you continuously analyze your situation.  When you do this, you feed the beast and your withdrawal symptoms grow.

If you can detach yourself - not focus on your health - then it would be more likely you can stay at 0.25 mg drop since you already started it. 

But you must practice not thinking about yourself - your pain - your nauseous.  I know it is hard because it keeps chipping away at you.  But notice times when you are not feeling symptoms and try to do those things.  When depressed, try taking a real cold shower to snap yourself out of looking inward.  Try to look outward. 

Here is another idea.  Try to find something you can grow and improve on each day.  For example, if you are so sick you can only walk 1/2 of a block, then start there.  Each day, increase it.  Celebrate your improvement and write down how far you go.  Better yet, walk on an trail in the woods - so much more to see.  But in any case, keep track of how much farther you go each day, even if it is just 10 more steps each day.  After a while, you will grow to look forward to your next walk in the woods.

Hi all,

Thank you

So which one did you do?

You can do this.

Thanks dear kind sir

I fear you are so intelligent, you keep trying to predict (and control) the future which means you continuously analyze your situation.  When you do this, you feed the beast and your withdrawal symptoms grow.

If you can detach yourself - not focus on your health - then it would be more likely you can stay at 0.25 mg drop since you already started it. 

But you must practice not thinking about yourself - your pain - your nauseous.  I know it is hard because it keeps chipping away at you.  But notice times when you are not feeling symptoms and try to do those things.  When depressed, try taking a real cold shower to snap yourself out of looking inward.  Try to look outward. 

Here is another idea.  Try to find something you can grow and improve on each day.  For example, if you are so sick you can only walk 1/2 of a block, then start there.  Each day, increase it.  Celebrate your improvement and write down how far you go.  Better yet, walk on an trail in the woods - so much more to see.  But in any case, keep track of how much farther you go each day, even if it is just 10 more steps each day.  After a while, you will grow to look forward to your next walk in the woods.

Thanks so much, Bob.

Yes I must work on all of that, great ideas.

What about what people say about starting from a stable place.

I seem very unstable.

What does that mean? That if I start from an unstable place I’ll remain that way the whole way through? And it would be better to stabilize first?

I know I’m anylysing, it’s hard for me not to.

Just don’t want to set myself up fo failure.

But like I said want to move on.

Then there’s the important ms appointment I have at end of June, I must be stable for that.

Much gratitude, Bob

Hi all,

Thank you

So which one did you do?

You can do this.

Thanks dear kind sir

Thanks so much, Bob.

I seem very unstable.

What does that mean? That if I start from an unstable place I’ll remain that way the whole way through? And it would be better to stabilize first?

Then there’s the important ms appointment I have at end of June, I must be stable for that.

Much gratitude, Bob

|

Well here is the deal.  With you, much of your problem is fatigue and I think that is caused by the klonopin so I don't think you can expect to be stable from fatigue until you reduce your klonopin.

If you are trying to get stable on other things - well - how bad are they compared to the fatigue?

Hi all,

Thank you

So which one did you do?

You can do this.

Thanks dear kind sir

Thanks so much, Bob.

I seem very unstable.

Much gratitude, Bob

|

Well here is the deal.  With you, much of your problem is fatigue and I think that is caused by the klonopin so I don't think you can expect to be stable from fatigue until you reduce your klonopin.

If you are trying to get stable on other things - well - how bad are they compared to the fatigue?

It’s a catch 22, many things can’t get stable with fatigue.

What if dose wasn’t held stable month leading up to starting taper? Could that be adding to fatigue & or isn’t that the accepted guideline to be on stable dose for month before start taper.

Depression, seems to have worsened since cut, but manageable aside from horrible meltdown.

Hoping it to lift as dose decreased, but so far is increasing or holding @ normal low. I see psychiatrist today, could inquire about a med, but could make me worse or be another antidepressant failure & something else to withdrawal from.

Trying to choose new generic & stabilizing on that. The one I tried yesterday knocked me out, now equal to Tevas I have left. How to ge stable dose until stable on new generic? Yes I can hold that cut but it’s going to change with new generic.

Thanks Bob

Hi all,

Thank you

So which one did you do?

You can do this.

Thanks dear kind sir

Thanks so much, Bob.

I seem very unstable.

Much gratitude, Bob

|

What if dose wasn’t held stable month leading up to starting taper? Could that be adding to fatigue & or isn’t that the accepted guideline to be on stable dose for month before start taper.

Depression, seems to have worsened since cut, but manageable aside from horrible meltdown.

Hoping it to lift as dose decreased, but so far is increasing or holding @ normal low. I see psychiatrist today, could inquire about a med, but could make me worse or be another antidepressant failure & something else to withdrawal from.

Trying to choose new generic & stabilizing on that. The one I tried yesterday knocked me out, now equal to Tevas I have left. How to ge stable dose until stable on new generic? Yes I can hold that cut but it’s going to change with new generic.

Thanks Bob

You asked " isn’t that the accepted guideline to be on stable dose for month before start taper."

No.  Not at all.  I am never stable.  That is just a strong word.  I would say it this way.  Hold until your symptoms for the last few days are tolerable, then go ahead and cut again.

You cannot - most likely - expect to be stable.  You are going to have symptoms from the Klonopin drug (fatigue) and also from the withdrawal.  You need to learn to cope with symptoms.  The reason we are hooked on this drug is we were not good at coping with problems in the past so we used a drug to cope. 

Having gone through benzo nightmare, I am now better able to cope with life's problems.  It I had these skills 15 years ago, I never would have started benzos.

You must learn to cope with the anxiety and then use those skills to help you tolerate withdrawal symptoms as you taper.

I think if you wait to be stable, you will not ever start tapering.

Hang in there.  Don't give up.

I agree with Bob.  If you wait to be stable, meaning feel normal, you will never taper.  That goes for me and many people I think.  Stable is very subjective and it does not mean healed or feeling great. It means something different for everyone.  For me,  I want to remain functional and not in bed feeling sick.  I also want to be getting somewhat decent sleep.  I have held for different reasons.  Sometimes because I am feeling too negative, or sometimes my sleep is awful.  Other times I have held because I have real life stuff going on that needs my attention so I have less time and energy to devote to self care. 

Every time I have cut, I have felt pretty sick and that usually is the worst for the first two weeks for me.  It is different for everyone.

Hi all,

Thank you

So which one did you do?

You can do this.

Thanks dear kind sir

Thanks so much, Bob.

I seem very unstable.

Much gratitude, Bob

|

Thanks Bob

You asked " isn’t that the accepted guideline to be on stable dose for month before start taper."

No.  Not at all.  I am never stable.  That is just a strong word.  I would say it this way.  Hold until your symptoms for the last few days are tolerable, then go ahead and cut again.

You cannot - most likely - expect to be stable.  You are going to have symptoms from the Klonopin drug (fatigue) and also from the withdrawal.  You need to learn to cope with symptoms.  The reason we are hooked on this drug is we were not good at coping with problems in the past so we used a drug to cope. 

Having gone through benzo nightmare, I am now better able to cope with life's problems.  It I had these skills 15 years ago, I never would have started benzos.

You must learn to cope with the anxiety and then use those skills to help you tolerate withdrawal symptoms as you taper.

I think if you wait to be stable, you will not ever start tapering.

Hang in there.  Don't give up.

Sound advice. TY, bob :)

I found the tevas .5 at another pharmacy but my doctor isn't sure if she will call in the prescription or not since she already called it into CVS, who filled it with the oral disintegrating tablets, and I did NOT take the prescription.

I am really not sure how I am going to taper if the only thing I can get is .5 ODTs. This is a nightmare for me. I was up all night throwing up because my nausea is completely out of control now, I assume it is life stress on top of taper. My mom's health is getting worse, I started a new job two months ago ... and the more frequent vomiting began in January. If I get the ODTs do I go up to .5? The doctor offered me .25s instead but I cannot drop from .4 to .25. And I have fewer of the .5s left than I thought .. will make it through the weekend but that is it.

Hey NJStrength,

I had the ODT a few years ago.  I liked them.  I think they work just as well as my normal teva tablets.

Why do you say you cannot taper with the ODT?

Do you have a scale?  Here is a good one. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B011J88S8M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To get your dose of 0.4mg, do this...

Place a piece of clean aluminum foil on the scale and tare it (so it reads zero).

Weigh the ODT tablet on the foil.

To get your dose of 0.4mg, use a razor blade to shave the ODT until it is 80% reduced in weight.

Bob, I didn't think you could cut the ODTs. Can you? I dry cut now so have the scale and use the razor. If I can, then this might work.

Do you know if you have to cut it and use it right away or can I cut two weeks worth at a time? You are giving me some hope here.

I continue to be so very nauseous and threw up again all night last night; slept for two hours then went to work for a full day. I am not sure what is going on. I need some relief from the nausea and need to sleep more.

NJstrength,

I am at work right now but when I get home, I will see if I have any left and if so, I will see how they cut.  As I recall, they are like a wafer, I could cut them very easy.  They might crumble a bit which is why I said "place on aluminum foil" so you can control the bits and pieces and weigh to get your dose.  Do you need help with the math?

NJstrength,

I found my Klonopin wafer (oral disintegrating tablet) and found it very nice to work with.  I could cut it with scissors!  It sliced nicely.  I cut in half, then in quarter, and then into 1/8.

I think you will like these for tapering.

Bob,

Thanks for all the tips! I am going to wait to see if I can get the tevas but I think that is not going to happen. I don't think the Parr Pharmaceuticals though are wafers--they look small online. We'll see. I did sleep well last night but nausea still a factor. Just taking it day by day.

I agree with Bob.  If you wait to be stable, meaning feel normal, you will never taper.  That goes for me and many people I think.  Stable is very subjective and it does not mean healed or feeling great. It means something different for everyone.  For me,  I want to remain functional and not in bed feeling sick.  I also want to be getting somewhat decent sleep.  I have held for different reasons.  Sometimes because I am feeling too negative, or sometimes my sleep is awful.  Other times I have held because I have real life stuff going on that needs my attention so I have less time and energy to devote to self care. 

Every time I have cut, I have felt pretty sick and that usually is the worst for the first two weeks for me.  It is different for everyone.

Thank you green cup. Very helpful getting your experience & insights. One question to clarify though, when you say you got sick for the first two weeks every time you cut, do you mean you got physically ill like with nausea & or vomiting? Thank you

Holding 3.25mg!

TEVA ALTERNATIVE EQUIVALENT ???????

THANK YOU

GOOD FOR YOU!

Keep it up.

You got this.

Thanks Bob!

You didn’t understand my inquiry??

I know you’ve already responded, but does it not come through clear that I’m asking people’s opinions on good Teva alternatives? Hope it’s clear...be well friend

Bob, please disregard my last reply. I was referring to those little faces in your response that I thought you were using as symbols but I guess I accidentally put them there. Be well.

Does anyone who teva clonazapam agreed with have any ideas of a comparable generic?

All experiences/input welcome, I realize we’re all different.

I’d really like to know what I’m going to be able to commence this taper with & my tevas are almost gone.

TEVA ALTERNATIVE EQUIVALENT?

THANK YOU :)

Does anyone who teva clonazapam agreed with have any ideas of a comparable generic?

I’d really like to know what I’m going to be able to commence this taper with & my tevas are almost gone.

I think you likely aren't getting a response because none of us are sure of what to do. I'd suggest working with your pharmacist to see what is even out there.

I think you likely aren't getting a response because none of us are sure of what to do. I'd suggest working with your pharmacist to see what is even out there.

Thanks NJ. Yes must hit the phones again. I’m just so tired & have a horrible time making any decisions about anything as it is, I don’t know weather to go online & compare inactive ingredients, read people’s reviews of different generics, or what?

I have a few tevas left, I got a partial fill weeks worth of solco, which I believe is actually qualitest if you look online. I’ve taken a couple of them, but I really can’t decifer weather it’s good or not, agrees or not or what, especially in withdrawal, have been trying to take mostly teva. I’m due to be allowed another fill, What seems prevalent around here: Mylan(which isn’t scored so not supposed to cut in half & also has a bad rep), solco/qualitest, & accord. Then teva is supposed to at some point come out with actavis. I’ve tried accord in the past and it must have worked as there’s many left overs here. Ugh...I want to go nap.

On a different note, did anyone ever notice having extra BMs as  a withdrawal effect? Sorry tmi, but really am curious.

Thanks NJ & all best wishes on your journeys

Hi friends,

Should I reinstate until stable on new generic or will I kindle on day 6. Have cut .25 for 5 days.

I know that others have gone into withdrawal from switching generics, so doing it while tapering in withdrawal seems risky, no?

Ok so I havnt switched all the way over to new generic yet and it’s not promised to stay in stock. That’s the other problem, I believe they brought it in when teva went on back order but now their saying it’s not their preferred, Mylan is & canT promise that they can get it in once they sell back out of it. I’m  slowly replacing tevas with it, but can’t tell what’s what, since I’m also tapering & in withdrawal. Solco seem to take longer to kick in. But I still have 1.75mg or 2mg(if I reinstate)out of total 3.5mg to replace tevas with, solco, so at least half my dose is still tevas, hard to say what’s what. I’m not having seizures, but am in withdrawal.

First I’m really NOT trying to make excuses not to start or stick to tape here, but wonder if it’s wiser to reinstate before I get any further than 5 days into cut & hold & stabilize on a new generic BEFORE starting a taper?Especially if I may have to switch generics again soon...ugh, I don’t want to interrupt this anymore than those that are rooting for me do. I want to do the right thing, though.

I’m only 5 days into taper. Today’s 1pm cut will be day 6 of Cutting .25mg out of 3.5 per day. Would I kindle if I reinstate now until I’m crossed over & stable on new generic? I’m having mostly psychological withdrawal: increased startle reflex, sensitivity to light & sound, depression, anxiety, crying meltdowns daily, irritability, intrusive thoughts, all mood things are worse & quite uncontrollable in the late afternoon & evening, after I’ve taken my cut dose in around noon-1 & started taking the new generic in evening.But it’s random like super irritable then crying meltdown. Anyone else? Anyway phsychological withdrawal can be pretty bad.

Also physical: nausea, aching joints, less sleep(to bed later wake up earlier, getting 5-6hrs not enough for me)more frequent BMs, heart palps, fatigue, sometimes hand tremor, body/muscle aches, muscle twitches.

Here’s status of my crossover to solco so far:

My doses are 6am .5, 12pm .5,(.25 since cut 5 days ago), 6pm .5, bed time 2mg(these times vary but generally every 6 hours)

For past couple of days here’s how I’ve started integrating solco in place of teva. Anything not solco was taken as teva with 1 pm being .25 cut. FYI I feel solco takes longer to start working(could be my imagination as not totally on it yet) but that would change how often, when I take it & everything.

Tues 1pm-.25 solco

Wd6th 7pm .5 solco bed 1mg solco 1mg teva

Tr7th 7pm .5 solco bed 1mg solco 1mg teva

Fr 8th 7pm .5 solco, bed 1mg solco 1mg teva

So as of now 1.75mg of total daily dose is teva 1.5mg of total daily dose is solco

Starting tomorrow solco will be 2mg of dose for 3 days

Then 2.5mg solco for 1 day

Then will be on all solco in 5 days

What are your thoughts on me stopping this cut & hold of reducing 3.5 to .3.25 until I’m stable on new generic? Reinstating to 3.5 on day 6 of cut, so would only be 5 days of cut if I reinstate today. I don’t want to kindle.

Thanks kind friends for reading & giving me your feedback

Hi friends,

Should I reinstate until stable on new generic or will I kindle on day 6. Have cut .25 for 5 days.

I know that others have gone into withdrawal from switching generics, so doing it while tapering in withdrawal seems risky, no?

Ok so I havnt switched all the way over to new generic yet and it’s not promised to stay in stock. That’s the other problem, I believe they brought it in when teva went on back order but now their saying it’s not their preferred, Mylan is & canT promise that they can get it in once they sell back out of it. I’m  slowly replacing tevas with it, but can’t tell what’s what, since I’m also tapering & in withdrawal. Solco seem to take longer to kick in. But I still have 1.75mg or 2mg(if I reinstate)out of total 3.5mg to replace tevas with, solco, so at least half my dose is still tevas, hard to say what’s what. I’m not having seizures, but am in withdrawal.

First I’m really NOT trying to make excuses not to start or stick to tape here, but wonder if it’s wiser to reinstate before I get any further than 5 days into cut & hold & stabilize on a new generic BEFORE starting a taper?Especially if I may have to switch generics again soon...ugh, I don’t want to interrupt this anymore than those that are rooting for me do. I want to do the right thing, though.

I’m only 5 days into taper. Today’s 1pm cut will be day 6 of Cutting .25mg out of 3.5 per day. Would I kindle if I reinstate now until I’m crossed over & stable on new generic? I’m having mostly psychological withdrawal: increased startle reflex, sensitivity to light & sound, depression, anxiety, crying meltdowns daily, irritability, intrusive thoughts, all mood things are worse & quite uncontrollable in the late afternoon & evening, after I’ve taken my cut dose in around noon-1 & started taking the new generic in evening.But it’s random like super irritable then crying meltdown. Anyone else? Anyway phsychological withdrawal can be pretty bad.

Also physical: nausea, aching joints, less sleep(to bed later wake up earlier, getting 5-6hrs not enough for me)more frequent BMs, heart palps, fatigue, sometimes hand tremor, body/muscle aches, muscle twitches.

My doses are 6am .5, 12pm .5,(.25 since cut 5 days ago), 6pm .5, bed time 2mg(these times vary but generally every 6 hours)

For past couple of days here’s how I’ve started integrating solco in place of teva. Anything not solco was taken as teva with 1 pm being .25 cut. FYI I feel solco takes longer to start working(could be my imagination as not totally on it yet) but that would change how often, when I take it & everything.

Tues 1pm-.25 solco

So as of now 1.75mg of total daily dose is teva 1.5mg of total daily dose is solco

What are your thoughts on me stopping this cut & hold of reducing 3.5 to .3.25 until I’m stable on new generic? Reinstating to 3.5 on day 6 of cut, so would only be 5 days of cut if I reinstate today. I don’t want to kindle.

If it was me, I would NOT reinstate.  Never go back up on a dose unless you are hospital level of withdrawal symptoms.  From all the experiences I have read, going back up on a dose has been a bad idea.  It was a very bad when I did it. 

You have made progress.  For 5 days you have been lower by 0.25mg.  How are your symptoms?  How is your fatigue? 

You should not worry so much about a change in generic.  Changing generics only seem to bother people who are on a total dose of less than 1mg per day.  When you are on such a high dose (>3mg), the small differences between generics are not detected very easily by your body.  So try to relax about this generic thing.  It is getting you worked up and creating anxiety symptoms. 

You did a good job slowly changing over to the new generic.  Now try to just forget about which generic you are on. 

Remember, you will have some withdrawal because you dropped 0.25mg.  Just try to distract yourself and hold until you are ready for another cut.

Keep up the good work and try not to overthink it.

You got this. 

Hi friends,

Tues 1pm-.25 solco

If it was me, I would NOT reinstate.  Never go back up on a dose unless you are hospital level of withdrawal symptoms.  From all the experiences I have read, going back up on a dose has been a bad idea.  It was a very bad when I did it. 

You have made progress.  For 5 days you have been lower by 0.25mg.  How are your symptoms?  How is your fatigue? 

You should not worry so much about a change in generic.  Changing generics only seem to bother people who are on a total dose of less than 1mg per day.  When you are on such a high dose (>3mg), the small differences between generics are not detected very easily by your body.  So try to relax about this generic thing.  It is getting you worked up and creating anxiety symptoms. 

You did a good job slowly changing over to the new generic.  Now try to just forget about which generic you are on. 

Remember, you will have some withdrawal because you dropped 0.25mg.  Just try to distract yourself and hold until you are ready for another cut.

You got this.

Thank you, Bob for your honest input.

Yes I’ve way overstressed myself about the generic...ugh

You asked how my symptoms are. I’ll copy/paste from last post.

But quick summary to your question.

I think nausea frequency has decreased. The fatigue remains an ongoing issue. I havnt been getting as much sleep though & im thinking my dose will have to get down lower before I see more of a difference. I think depression(which has temporarily cranked up plays into fatigue & all the worry I’ve been doing of med switch wears me out too.

Copy’s& paste start.

I’m having mostly psychological withdrawal: increased startle reflex, sensitivity to light & sound, depression, anxiety, crying meltdowns daily, irritability, intrusive thoughts, all mood things are worse & quite uncontrollable in the late afternoon & evening, after I’ve taken my cut dose in around noon-1 & started taking the new generic in evening.But it’s random like super irritable then crying meltdown. Anyone else? Anyway phsychological withdrawal can be pretty bad.

Take care & have a good day friend

Hi friends,

Tues 1pm-.25 solco

You got this.

Thank you, Bob for your honest input.

Yes I’ve way overstressed myself about the generic...ugh

You asked how my symptoms are. I’ll copy/paste from last post.

But quick summary to your question.

I think nausea frequency has decreased. The fatigue remains an ongoing issue. I havnt been getting as much sleep though & im thinking my dose will have to get down lower before I see more of a difference. I think depression(which has temporarily cranked up plays into fatigue & all the worry I’ve been doing of med switch wears me out too.

Copy’s& paste start.

I’m having mostly psychological withdrawal: increased startle reflex, sensitivity to light & sound, depression, anxiety, crying meltdowns daily, irritability, intrusive thoughts, all mood things are worse & quite uncontrollable in the late afternoon & evening, after I’ve taken my cut dose in around noon-1 & started taking the new generic in evening.But it’s random like super irritable then crying meltdown. Anyone else? Anyway phsychological withdrawal can be pretty bad.

Take care & have a good day friend

Yes, those are all to be expected in withdrawal and some of them are not the drug but due to over-thinking and creating anxiety which then creates physical symptoms.  So try and find something to distract yourself.

You can do this.

Find something you love to do and do it.