The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

I'm so sorry you are both still suffering and having tough days. Is anyone still tapering? I just dropped below 0.2 mg K yesterday. I have episodes of fog/float/sedated head, anxiety, dysphoria, anhedonia, and some broken sleep. I have occasional windows during the day, but they're rare. I usually feel better at night after 9:30 or so, and I do okay in the mornings until a few hours after I take my AM dose. I've been tapering down from .875 mg since last September. Been doing a DMT since November 2021.

It definitely feels never ending. I can't wait to be off, so at least I don't have to think about pills and tapering anymore and can just focus on healing.

Hello Herefor help,

Im still tapering klonopin but my dose was so high.  I was on 3 mg and now down to 1.875 mg.  I also can’t wait to get off of these pills, I think

I’m tapering too fast that when I finish my taper,  the withdrawals will be compounded and hit me like a ton of bricks.  I started my taper at the

end of august 2022.  My memory and cognition is so bad maybe that’s why I’m in such a rush to get off these pills.  I love the psalm you chose

As your text, it’s beautiful.  How are you doing now with your taper?

Hi Jacky bo,

Thank you for your kind words. The psalms have been a big comfort in this season of what feels like hell on earth.

Yes, you do seem to be moving fast. 18.75% every two weeks? Some people can tolerate that, but if you can't, you may try slowing down to 10% every two weeks, and see how that works for you. You don't want to go too fast and crash. You'll take weeks to months trying to recover from the damage. Go as fast as you can comfortably go. And, of course, comfort is relative.

HTH,

I’m not sure, but are you still tapering from klonopin?  If you are, are you dry cutting?

Hi Jacky bo, yes, I'm still tapering from K, and I am dry cutting. I'm down to .196 mg today. I'm on track to hit .1875 mg by the middle of this month and .125 mg by the middle of December. I am currently in the middle of a course of amoxicillin due to a strep throat last week, and it has really revved up my wd symptoms. I'm hoping they'll return to a more manageable baseline after I finish. It's rough.

Hello HFH,

I bet its rough,  antibiotics will do that.  I hope you stabilize and feel better soon.

♥️❤️‍🩹♥️

I am at .25 mg now, spouse & I both got COVID last week -- this is rough, I took only 1 1/2 days off from my job with insane hours.  I want to get this over with ASAP.  Sitting and feeling awful and shaking, and having no medical relief, and my husband and 2 senior dogs still need food, errands need to be run, etc.  Just venting because I see many of you are at a similar dose on a similar taper.

I’m impressed by all who taper and continue to work while tapering.  I’m scared during my taper because I’ll get a sneak panic attack and I do not

want that to happen while I’m at work that’s what I’m mostly afraid of.  Also after each taper I cannot drive,  read and function for like 2 to 3

days.

Jacky bo if you're non functional after your cuts you're probably cutting too much. It might be worth it to reduce your percentages and cut by less. Whether you get off these drugs in 6 months or 9 months there's really no material difference. The only difference is your level of suffering.

JB,

The difference is that my doctor might retire and I won’t get a doctor as accommodating as she is.  After each cut I can’t function like in driving

Anywhere and doing my errands.  After those 3 days I’m fine.

Jacky Bo, our situations are very similar.  I was on two mg of C for 15 years.  I wish I wish I had have gone slower as three and a half years after I jumped, my symptoms are still plaguing me!!  I wanted so badly to get that drug out of my system so I could start to heal but I would do the taper differently now.  I got down to one mg and took an antibiotic and ended up with a NSTEMI heart attack and in the hospital.  Of course, I had no idea what caused that at that time.  Remember several of these antibiotics kill the GABA producing bacteria in our guts where 95% of GABA is produced so when we take too much of certain AB's,  we are left with pretty much no  GABA function at all.  I wish I had up-dosed at the time and things might have gone better.  Just a warning to be very careful with the AB's. 

Wishing you a wonderful day.

Klonkar

Hi! First time over here in the K group. I'm currently at .116mg of K. I taper 12ish% every 14 days. You can see my history in my signature. I always love feedback from those who have been where I'm at so if anyone has any, please feel free to pass it along.  :smitten:

Welcome, nervouswreck. Glad you've gotten so low and that you never went up to 1 mg. How's your journey been?

If all goes well, I should be where you are by the end of the year if not sooner. I have not been able to move as quickly as you but have managed to speed up from 5%/14 to 8.5%/14 (daily micro taper) over the last month and a half. I was dying this summer moving at 5%, because everyone said to go slower due to my symptoms. I tried that, and it was only worse. So I tried speeding up again, and my symptoms didn't seem to be much worse. I decided to move as quickly as I can tolerate to get off this stuff. I've had symptoms all the way down, so I need to be off as soon as I safely can be. You can see my signature for more info about my journey.

Hi!

Nice to see a reply in here. Look at you getting lower! So proud of you as I know it's not easy at.all. I think my cuts will probably have to go lower as I'm feeling intensified WD symptoms for sure. I can function and manage but symptoms are constant and pretty run of the mill. I am glad when you upped your percentages by a few that you really didn't feel any difference. I know I've read that many times before. If you're not feeling much different adding a slight and safe increase then you might as well go for it in my opinion.

Overall, my journey has been tricky. CT was no joke and I really had no choice but to reinstate due to how scary my symptoms were. Sometimes I look back and wish I would have held out but at the time it was sooo intense and frightening that I don't think I could have made a different choice. While this has all been very hard, I'll reiterate than I'm functioning/managing. I have two little kids, a husband who travels and family out of state. There really is little option but to truck along, however, I'm also able to so that's a positive! I am rooting you on and wishing you the absolute best.

Thank you, nervous.

I'm glad the liquid micro taper is going well, despite symptoms, and that you're able to manage being a mom to your kids without family nearby and your husband traveling. That sounds very very difficult. I struggle immensely to be the dad and husband I need to be during this. I need a long break, and I'm not going to get it. I'm exhausted constantly from the excruciating indefinite nature of this whole thing. And my symptoms are nothing to shake a stick at. I don't have a lot of the physical symptoms that some have, but I have a terrible sedated/floaty/foggy-head thing that hits me pretty much every day and usually for hours on end. I still get chemical anxiety on many days but not until later in the day. I'm blessed that my mornings are okay. I don't get hit until after I take my dose of K. And my sleep is okay. I believe it's gotten better, despite other things getting worse. And I can nap again, though I rarely have opportunities as I'm still trying to work full time. That's a huge struggle and stressor.

Appreciate the kind words. Hope your taper gets better and better. I'm hoping mine improves a bit as I get lower instead of the opposite.

Having a heck of a time. I am at .116mg and so unsure what to make of akathisia (wanting to explode with agitation and then the rocking non stop). I’ve had episodes of this when I crashed earlier this year and before changing to liquid this summer.

If aka isn’t constant thru taper and then comes up again during a taper is that something to indicate the body needs a break and stop decreasing? I had no choice when I hit wall to hold bc I was having constant aka and zero sleep for days dand brain sleep start jolts every 5min. Neurologist said I needed to hold bc he said it was concerning getting the sleep starts jolts so frequently. That improved holding but then had it again before I went to liquid.

I’ve also had a ton of family stress bc they see me so sick and bed/couchbound most of last 8mo they don’t understand why I can’t go quicker to get off the poison already. I’ve now feel like I’ve hit a wall again and I don’t understand what’s a sign when you’re already not functional to hold or keep going. The aka and uncontrollable crying with that is so unmanageable to me that if that becomes my constant reality I don’t know how to survive it. Mom is my best friend (I have a lot of close friends but they have such busy lives so my mom is my person in this) who I call in times of desperation but she now has anxiety seeing what I’ve gone through and she says she can’t talk sometimes bc she needs to decompress herself. I am single but do have my brother living with me….. but it’s not the comfort like my mom.

I’ve read a lot on Bb and people have said if vertigo is getting bad hold, or if lots of new symptoms are hitting hold, but I am so symptomatic this year I can’t distinguish what to do. I don’t want to lose my mind but at times I feel like I am bc I want to throw every single thing in my room. This is teeeifyjng bc it’s complete opposite of who I am…. I would save earthworms from burning on the pavement bc I hated to see anything suffer and never had any thoughts Ilf throwing things and screaming. It’s so hard bc I know my fam can’t handle things when It gets this bad and then it makes me worse bc I am so alone trying to cope and manage and I just want someone to give me a hug.

Sorry for rambling. I just don’t know how to approach this last stage of my taper. I feel so far away. It’s been a heel of a 2 1/2 years for being on something 7 wks and srull not off.

Thanks for listening/reading and appreciate thoughts.

So sorry for what you're going through, Boges. Often times, increased symptoms and symptoms returning can point to going too fast, but sometimes these things just happen. What, in particular, has you bedbound? Lack of sleep, akathisia, vertigo?

My taper has gotten so much harder as I've gotten lower. It started around .375 and has gotten more difficult past .25 and now down at .180 mg today. I see you also really started having issues around there. I was hoping I'd be one of the blessed people who did better as they got lower, especially after hitting tolerance before starting my taper.

I, like you, did not take K for very long before things went awry (some PRN use and only 1.5 months of daily use). It's hard to understand why people like us have to embark on such long tapers and struggle so hard to get off. That Ambien you took for a couple months may have destabilized you even further, since it can affect us like a benzo.

I hope things improve for you. Slowing down could help. I got to a point where slowing down more and more wasn't helping, so I did the opposite and started moving faster. My symptoms were not much different than when I was going slower. I'm taking a second course of antibiotics for a pesky strep throat. I believe that is really revving my symptoms right now.

Congratulations on getting down to .116 mg! That's an accomplishment.

Hello Everyone!

I was a regular on KK & can't express how much appreciation I have for the relationships I made here & the help I received.  I honestly couldn't have done it

without this place to come to everyday.  I will be forever grateful for the help & motivation to keep going that I received here.

I just want to encourage all of you struggling right now that there is light at the end of the tunnel! No doubt the suffering is real & it seems like forever, but it will pass! and one

day you will look back like I am & remember the pain & have a whole new appreciation for life.  I don't look at things the way I used to, this is a humbling experience & it has given

me empathy for peoples struggles in life, not just benzo's.

Keep moving forward people! One day at a time! You will make it!  ;)

Hello Everyone!

I was a regular on KK & can't express how much appreciation I have for the relationships I made here & the help I received.  I honestly couldn't have done it

without this place to come to everyday.  I will be forever grateful for the help & motivation to keep going that I received here.

I just want to encourage all of you struggling right now that there is light at the end of the tunnel! No doubt the suffering is real & it seems like forever, but it will pass! and one

day you will look back like I am & remember the pain & have a whole new appreciation for life.  I don't look at things the way I used to, this is a humbling experience & it has given

Thank you Ninja for those words of encouragement.  I couldn’t start my taper as well without the help of BB website,  I had terrible tapers from my doctor that left me traumatized so the fact that I can come here everyday is so comforting.

How long were you on klonopin and at what dosage because I don’t see it or can’t understand your signature, im having cognitive issues.

Thanks 🙏

me empathy for peoples struggles in life, not just benzo's.

Keep moving forward people! One day at a time! You will make it!  ;)

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right thread. If not, please advise where to redirect this question (thank you!). I have been tapering down on Clonazepam for months (no cheating). Recently, I had a crisis in my family. I had previously tapered down to 1 1/2 pills at night (0.75 mg. total). For the past 5 days I increased to 4 pills at night (2 mg. total). My neuropathy pain was flaring due to the crisis and I was unable to sleep, which is why I resorted to Clonazepam. It helped me cope with the crisis and get to sleep. While this helped me cope, I am now ready to resume the taper. My question is do I have to start over or can I return to 1 1/2 pills? I have no idea where to begin. I'm not in a hurry, but I hope I haven't lost all the progress I made these past 5+ months. Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Hello all. I am new to the thread. I am starting a taper very soon. How do people liquid taper or what's the best scale to use? I want to taper down 10% every 3 weeks or so.

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right thread. If not, please advise where to redirect this question (thank you!). I have been tapering down on Clonazepam for months (no cheating). Recently, I had a crisis in my family. I had previously tapered down to 1 1/2 pills at night (0.75 mg. total). For the past 5 days I increased to 4 pills at night (2 mg. total). My neuropathy pain was flaring due to the crisis and I was unable to sleep, which is why I resorted to Clonazepam. It helped me cope with the crisis and get to sleep. While this helped me cope, I am now ready to resume the taper. My question is do I have to start over or can I return to 1 1/2 pills? I have no idea where to begin. I'm not in a hurry, but I hope I haven't lost all the progress I made these past 5+ months. Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

I'm sorry that happened. If it were me, I would try going back to where I was. It might just work. You don't want to lose any progress if you can help it.

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this thread and looking for help as  i have been in tolerance on clonazepam 0.75 per day since last October. Symptoms are many and debilitating. I tried to switch from orally disintegrating tablets to compounded capsules and my body reacted very poorly. I have also reacted poorly to just switching brands.ugh. Has anyone had any success tapering using orally disintegrating tablets and doing a dry cut using a scale? I desperately need to taper, but think I need to stick with my current tablets. Has anyone else been in this situation? Many thanks.

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this thread and looking for help as  i have been in tolerance on clonazepam 0.75 per day since last October. Symptoms are many and debilitating. I tried to switch from orally disintegrating tablets to compounded capsules and my body reacted very poorly. I have also reacted poorly to just switching brands.ugh. Has anyone had any success tapering using orally disintegrating tablets and doing a dry cut using a scale? I desperately need to taper, but think I need to stick with my current tablets. Has anyone else been in this situation? Many thanks.

When you tried switching to the compounded capsules did you make a reduction or stay at the same dose as the ODT's?