Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Open Group  ·  69 members

Music Lovers

I AM Rockfan, therefore I am... a rock fan: You knew I was going to do this...

[ro...]

August 25, 1975. A little earlier I guess.

Did the edit on my post while you posted, Betsy.  I originally thought it came out in 1985.  I didn't realize it was so much earlier.

Saw it!

His "Nebraska" album is one of my faves. It's a much more downbeat affair, but it's an excellent album. Atlantic City is such a good song.....

I'll bet Bruce is worth a ton of money.  He's been going strong for a very long time.  I wonder when he became bigtime? 

Bruce Springsteen's net worth:

$460 Million

Bruce Springsteen's Salary

$80 Million Per Year

Compares to Paul M's $1.2 billion but then again he was a Beatle.

$460 Million

$80 Million Per Year

He bad  :laugh:

$460 Million

$80 Million Per Year

Life's not fair.  :'(

$460 Million

$80 Million Per Year

Life's not fair.  :'(

"He financed the building of the Newark Community Food Bank in the 1980s, and donated a reported $50,000 to replace the roof when it collapsed. He donated another $80,000 to help out union workers laid off from the 3M factories in Freehold. In the late 1990s, he gave more than $350,000 to provide home improvements for the needy in Monmouth County. The Newark Star-Ledger reported that $9,500 of that sum went to repair the home of a retiree confined to a wheelchair."  --

still not much considering is $$worth and singing about Tom Joad, etc. but he does do charity concerts.  Wbb

Bruce made an announcement on stage at a concert he did here in Harrisburg for people to help Habitat for Humanity which provides aid to vets to keep them in their homes or provide housing for them.  They use that for their ad on the radio.  It's on nearly every night when I listen to the radio.

Off one of Maiden's finest "Piece of mind" album.........Where eagles dare

Always loved this one by them. Love the video, too,....

Chris Cornell committed suicide last night, it may have been related to Ativan. This tune has always spoken to my soul.

Just a song that Michael Stipe of REM fame devoted to Kurt Cobain. I recall reading his interview how he was able to reach out to Kurt and help him, at least temporarily. I wish there had been someone to talk to Chris as well, to help him out not to go down that path.

What's amazing about the song is that it's a song that is so different from anything else REM ever wrote (and I love their other stuff). But this one is so crushing and immediate, and it really grabs you in a way that is so unique.....

I have been watching how one of the psych survivors, Leah Harris has been working on creating a project to help people via alternative means and bring more understanding to the issues surrounding this.

http://theswordmovie.com/

Hey Rockfan, you ever check out any Monster Magnet?

Yeah I've heard them. I discovered them years ago when I was diggin on their version of "Into the Void" by Sabbath on N.I.B. II. Good stuff.

Chris Cornell committed suicide last night, it may have been related to Ativan. This tune has always spoken to my soul.

How about this? :tickedoff:

Nearly 48 hours after Chris Cornell died of suicide by hanging following a performance at Detroit’s Fox Theatre, fans and loved ones of the late rocker returned to the Michigan concert venue to pay their respects in a touching sidewalk candlelight vigil.

Among the roughly 50 mourners gathered in the cold, drizzly evening was Detroit artist and musician Kevin Morris — a friend of Cornell’s and onetime roadie for the singer’s bands Soundgarden and Audioslave.

Morris, who talked to Cornell six to seven times a year including at the beginning of what now has become the 52-year-old frontman’s final tour, happened to be at Cornell’s show on Wednesday.

He told PEOPLE that while he was in “utter shock” at Cornell’s death, the signs that something was wrong with his friend were there at the show.

“The whole performance you could tell something wasn’t right,” Morris recounted. “Into the second song he started getting disoriented or something. I just figured he wasn’t feeling well.”

“Everybody felt there was something going on,” Morris continued. “Like he wasn’t with us. Like he was on a cloud. It was like he was really fighting to get through the show.”

Cornell was found dead at MGM Grand Detroit on Wednesday night. Medical examiners have ruled that Cornell died of suicide by hanging, but his family have since spoken out saying they believe that the side effects of the prescription drug Ativan may have led him to thoughts of self-harm. (Worsening depression and thoughts of self-harm are known rare side effects of the drug.)

I watched the footage from the concert on Wednesday night. He was far from the Cornell that I've become accustomed to seeing. The energy was abysmal to say the least and his voice didn't seen to have the range that one would expect. I know he was 52 but it didn't appear the effort was there. I guess it's hard to sing with soul, when a drug is taking your soul away.

Ride - Seagull

My eyes are sore, my body weak

My throat is dry, I cannot speak, my words are dead

Falling like feathers to the floor

Falling like feathers to the floor, ah

You gave me things I'd never seen

You made my life a waking dream but we are dead

Falling like ashes to the floor

Falling like ashes to the floor, ah

Definitions confine thoughts, they are a myth

Words are clumsy, language doesn't fit

But we know there's no limit to a thought

We know there's no limits

Now it's your turn to see me rise

You burned my wings, now watch me fly above your head

Looking down I see you far below

Looking up you see my spirit glow, ah

I watched the footage from the concert on Wednesday night. He was far from the Cornell that I've become accustomed to seeing. The energy was abysmal to say the least and his voice didn't seen to have the range that one would expect. I know he was 52 but it didn't appear the effort was there. I guess it's hard to sing with soul, when a drug is taking your soul away.

I agreee. On the opposite end of things, I was looking at some of 80's Bob Mould footage and he didn't look very healthy through his performances at all, out of shape,  but seeing him rock out like he does now that he is in his 50's is amazing. I look at the amount of energy in this performance, and he seems so vital.....