Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Open Group  ·  69 members

Music Lovers

I AM Rockfan, therefore I am... a rock fan: You knew I was going to do this...

[ro...]

I saw Bob in the late 80s in Nashville and he was great. Its good to know hes still pushing alomg making great music.

I think this is big pharma's song when  they made benzo's and tested them.

Wow!! Those guys were definitely on to something, right there.... :thumbsup:

I like this little acoustic ditty about the whole thing

I watched the footage from the concert on Wednesday night. He was far from the Cornell that I've become accustomed to seeing. The energy was abysmal to say the least and his voice didn't seen to have the range that one would expect. I know he was 52 but it didn't appear the effort was there. I guess it's hard to sing with soul, when a drug is taking your soul away.

I agreee. On the opposite end of things, I was looking at some of 80's Bob Mould footage and he didn't look very healthy through his performances at all, out of shape,  but seeing him rock out like he does now that he is in his 50's is amazing. I look at the amount of energy in this performance, and he seems so vital.....

These guys just keep kicking butt too. A huge band that has been through a lot and could of easily taken the wrong turn at that fork in the road. Mid 50's and still expel a hell of a lot of energy at their shows..........papa Het is an inspiration for all.

https://youtu.be/YBeupLJkBN0

I saw Bob in the late 80s in Nashville and he was great. Its good to know hes still pushing alomg making great music.

I used to blast this in the basement.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTy8GGyUgBQ

Thanks for posting that wbb. One of their best and saddest songs, ever. I think that was a Grant song, remembering that either he or his family were friends of that poor woman :(

I used to blast this in the basement.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTy8GGyUgBQ

I used to blast this one a lot:

Yeah, I know, I could play Husker all day.  This was a fave and the covers of it on youtube are pretty fun.  Even a live one on Joan Rivers  sorry if already posted. 

I used to blast this one a lot:

Yeah, I know, I could play Husker all day.  This was a fave and the covers of it on youtube are pretty fun.  Even a live one on Joan Rivers  sorry if already posted. 

Yes, that could have been the song to push them into mainstream success. Sadly (or happily), it didn't.

Frank Zappa. Don't eat the yellow snow.

And yesterday was the marvellous marimba/percussion player on that fine works birthday- Ruth Underwood- shes just fabulous!

Frank Zappa. Don't eat the yellow snow.

And yesterday was the marvellous marimba/percussion player on that fine works birthday- Ruth Underwood- shes just fabulous!

I'll have to give her a listen.......

You've heard this song a million times, but this three chord progression is at the heart of rock and roll. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr6aQDxj7D8  And this one shows the power of adding just one accent note to it.

I just love that song as I like the guitar going up and down the chords. But I hate Daltrey as he's a very bad womanizer made worse by the fact that he married a home town girl......

I always liked Peter Gabriel's Solsbury Hill, and it's odd 7/4 time signature, and how well it actually works. Just an insanely sticky accoustic guitar pattern and his excellent voice to complement it. The whole song was about him leaving his former band and venturing into the unknown. A very interesting, syncopated mixture of apprehension, introspection, determination and excitement.

Ok, this is just a pop song dressed up in a nice fuzzy guitar riff at the beginning that actually makes the song. The similar 3 chord idea, but dressed up with a bit of pink noise and fuzzy distortion.

I always liked Peter Gabriel's Solsbury Hill, and it's odd 7/4 time signature, and how well it actually works. Just an insanely sticky accoustic guitar pattern and his excellent voice to complement it. The whole song was about him leaving his former band and venturing into the unknown. A very interesting, syncopated mixture of apprehension, introspection, determination and excitement.

The 7/4 time signature always leaves me with a sense that something isn't finished. Lol, I keep waiting for the resolution. But Gabriel has a lot of neat stuff.

Hi all!

Can I play?

Anyone ever hear Judee Sill? She made the first Asylum LP released. One of my most cherished of lost artists.

The Kiss:

Hi all!

Can I play?

Anyone ever hear Judee Sill? She made the first Asylum LP released. One of my most cherished of lost artists.

The Kiss:

Never heard of her. Beautiful song, though. Thanks. It reminded me a little of a song that was released some 25 years later. Who knows, maybe her music was influential to this band.