Muscle pain support group

[ha...]

Thanks.

I think I am going to hold. Not only those muscles (which I think I can handle) but it seems after dinner tonight my heart is beating like mad and it would not surprise me if my BP was very high. I guess the "fun" has ended. Perhaps if this continues I will go the the doctor.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [De...]

• [Tr...]

• [Ma...]

It may not be for everyone, but for my part I think that muscle tension causes a lot of trouble. I also have an "elephant" over the chest that obstructs breathing. It also feels cramped in the throat, read that it`s  due to tension in the neck.

In the mornings I have a lot of pain, even enough when I sleep. As I stretch my body I'm in pain at these places. I always remind me not to be so excited because I then get a lot worse .Abstinence is hard for the body, so this will probably be completely automatic. Do you also feel tension over the chest and throat?

I am now getting tension all over. I feel it as soon as I wake up. I hope I don't get it in the middle of the night. Sleeping is my only relief. Even that has gone down hill. I do feel for you. :smitten:

Hey Translator100.  Hey BENZOGIRL.  HEY EVERYBODY.......

Well, foolish me, I thought I'd be gone from this site by now except to check in from time to time and offer encouragement to others....... hasn't quite worked out that way so far. 

Benzogirl, I'm sorry that now you're being visited by the muscle pain.  I find it SUCKS SO MUCH!!!!  It has been with me from the get-go as my most consistent symptom.  Mine manifests usually as a burning sensation.  Very nasty.  When I got to only 100mg of gabapentin per day, it became so intense that I updosed to 180 back in October and I've only been able to make it down to 150mg since then.  I think I'm in gabapentin tolerance now.

Translator100, are you still taking gabapentin?  Maybe it would be worthwhile to taper down that one if you feel you are able to try at some point. 

All the best, everyone.

-RST

Hi and thanks.

I do hope that goes away for you. I don't get that burning but sometimes very sharp pain. I used to take my dog out for a one hour run with no problems. Now when I do that I feel like a need a walker. (sigh)

[46...]

I've gotten major relief from the muscle cramps in the form of peppermint tea.  I took it early out, and it helped some, but it's cutting my muscle cramps & nerve pain from 50-80% a day.  I drink 2-3 cups a day, and sometimes put a drop of peppermint oil in mouth and drink it down if I need fast relief.  Hope this helps someone.

MG

During these 2 years I have had no pain, but now it's hard. The symptoms seem to be on track, and now it's the pain that's first. Feeling hit by a bus. Influence sensibility doesn`t make the case better.

I have problem with breathing, it presses my throat, chest and stomach. Could this be because my muscles are so tense? Now I really want to relax, massage and stretch. Can breathing problems depend on the muscles?

I have problem with breathing, it presses my throat, chest and stomach. Could this be because my muscles are so tense? Now I really want to relax, massage and stretch. Can breathing problems depend on the muscles?

Yes I believe so.

Hi there,

Yes I have this too. It's horrible.

I just wanted to share, that I went to acupuncture last week, and had relief for the first time since this summer, from the worst knot ever, in my shoulder.  The pain has come back and I am going back to acupuncture.  Massages didn't even touch this pain, so I am really excited that I found something that works.  I had also been taking flexeril, which stopped working for the pain alltogether.  Last time I took it, it seemed to relax less muscles than ever, and the pain was still there.

Right now, it has been since last Thursday since I went for acupuncture and my pain is back and very bad.  It woke me up a few times last night.  The acupuncturist said I need to go every 4-5 days for a little bit, and now, I think she is right. 

Hi,

Can I ask if it is traditional chinese accupuncture or dry needling that helped?

Has anyone tried Bosweillia or Devils Claw?

Did it cause any problems?

Translator,

I feel the same thing....it's like all muscles internally squeeze together at times

Wish this would get better for both of us

TM

Hi,

Can I ask if it is traditional chinese accupuncture or dry needling that helped?

Has anyone tried Bosweillia or Devils Claw?

Did it cause any problems?

It's traditional chinese.

Thanks!

I went for traditional accupuncture today.

Not miraculous but my whole back spasm relaxed just a tiny bit when I did my Alexander Technique relaxation afterwards. It hasn't done that at all in months so fingers crossed.

Here in Canada, it's $85 for the first session and $70 for the subsequent sessions.  My insurance covers it.  My MIL lives in California and her insurance now covers it too.  It's definitely worth checking out.

[46...]

I've gone every other week for 3 yrs, he immediately gets rid of spasms, cramps or nerve pain.  Sometimes if I'm in a bad wave it's worse for a few hours, then eases up and I get relief for days.  Love my Chinese accupuncturist!  Next week going to get on a good formula to detox my liver, which is causing multiple issues, digestion problems, dry skin/eczema, conjunctivitis/blepharitis, cramping, etc.

MG :smitten:

Thanks!

I went for traditional accupuncture today.

Not miraculous but my whole back spasm relaxed just a tiny bit when I did my Alexander Technique relaxation afterwards. It hasn't done that at all in months so fingers crossed.

Yes, I have the pain just in my right arm. Some pain in left arm but right arm is really the one I have the pain. No pain in my legs, shoulders etc. I already thought I have developed Parkinson's disease because of the pain in the right side only but it seems to be wd driven as I do not have any other disease symptoms. Well, I can recall someone else wrote here about his earlier so I think it means it is wd driven as there is at least few buddies having it. My pain has lessened over the time.

I feel like my whole core from cocyx to head is becoming tighter and tighter. All muscles are rigid.

Trying yo lie down or on wedge feels like spine is stuck stiff and won'tvrelax so that whole abdomen is rigid.

Feels like  headvis stuck on stiff pole that goes up in to it.

Can't feel body properly.

Very weak.

Don't know what to do.

Can't sleep or eat.

Hard to breathe.

Ajusta, so sad you're suffering like that! I know what it's like to get through every minute and hour. It's awful.

What helped me a little was when I listened to meditations and relaxation exercises on YouTube. It can be difficult to listen and focus, the withdrawal is always in mind. Sometimes I panicked, did not know where to go.

But maybe you can find a little moment when you can disperse your thoughts? I could only lie on my back, feeling so painful over my chest. I thought of an angel standing next to me who calmed my body and mind.

Now it has become better, and can be up. Slowly but surely it will be better, but when you live in this hell  it's hard to think so. You are so busy with what's happening right now.  Many (careful) hugs!

Thanks Translator.

Glad the meditations helped.

I saw neurologist today who thinks I have Segmental Dystonia.

I had these symtoms while on Diazepam so not sure if it is related.

He wants me to try Baclofen which I'm goingvyo havecto do because I am too unwell, exhausted and in pain not go at this point.

I did at least feel properly listened to but he knows nothing about protracted withdrawal and though I should be over it by now.

It's hard to know what is what given I had health problems and spinal surgery isdues prior yo benzos.

Ajusta, because I use translator sometimes it can be difficult for me to understand. Wondering if it's been 2 months since you stopped diazepam after a short dropdown? Or did I get wrong?

As you know I have also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I think this diagnosis is wrong, and  it was the medication that made me feel so bad. Perhaps we will feel better from our pain when everything is over?

I'm so sorry you feel so bad. I have been sleeping for 2 years, and I understand how you feel. It's untidy and you think it's never over. But I've gotten better, and you'll be doing too - even though it's very difficult right now. If I could, I would take over your pain. I really suffer from you.

Question: I have noticed that my muscles relaxes every time when I sleep so when I wake up they are quite relaxed and then tension and pain comes back after I wake up and start using my muscles. Is this something someone else has noticed or am I the only one?