Muscle pain support group

[ha...]

Thanks Janice,

I will just keep holding. Hopefully it will calm down. I hopw your pain is getting better . I think it is hard to yrwat because.everything kust keeps tightening. I will stop whining. I have been all day.

Whine as much as you wish Suzy. You're really going through hard times  :smitten:

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [De...]

• [Tr...]

• [Ma...]

Ajusta wouldn't you rather hold? I feel so sad for your pain.

Suzy I got the spasms the first three months since my crash. Now I "only" have the pain due to severe muscle stiffness. Today impossible to do any strengthening exercises. Troschetter that sounds like withdrawal, when it improves in the evening.

I get horrific adverse effects from the drug now and from every med I take.

I have to take prescription laxitive since WD as can’t go at all. Even that causes worse headwhooshing/fizzing, terror of sounds, altered visual perception, heat in spine, sweating, muscles weaken a bit, worse nerve pain.

Think it is because it contains sugar alcohols which is how osmotic laxitive work - it is how prunes help constipation - they come brain sorbitol...

Was using healthy gum with Xylitol to help with constant intense compulsion to eat but that now causes all the same symptoms as do all pain meds, muscles relaxants, supplements.

Ajusta I take all bran what, two or more spoonfuls a day usually do the job, and sometimes a laxative tea with sen and another herb I can't remember. And tons of kiwis.

I hope everyone wakes up to a better day pain wise. I woke up completely stiff and in pain as always, but slept better last night so today I'll try to do my exercise routine.

Hi everyone,

I am so confused. Hope you are all well. I was nervous sbout my pain. The hips low back and total low body cramps. I went to the hospital. The dr said i have lumbar radiolocapathy. I do have pins and meefled in my feet. Maybe i do have olit. But dont the sx seem a little to severe  for this condition. The back of my.leg does not hurt. It got worse when i switched to teva k

I am so confused. He referred me to Psychiatry . I need an mri. If they ogfer me a steroid inj i dont think i can take it. Any input would be appreciated i am depressed and lost. Thx

Ajusta I take all bran what, two or more spoonfuls a day usually do the job, and sometimes a laxative tea with sen and another herb I can't remember. And tons of kiwis.

I hope everyone wakes up to a better day pain wise. I woke up completely stiff and in pain as always, but slept better last night so today I'll try to do my exercise routine.

If that worked I would be doing it.

I literally can’t go without prescription laxitive, psyillium husk and linseed.

It is not a lack of fbrecbut a lack of water getting in to my bowel that is the problem.

Never been able to eat kiwis - they caused mouth burning before this.

I am sorry Ajusta,

Just eat alot of fiber. I have that problem too. Especially with the benxo belly. I drink as much water as i can snd eat fiber

I have been estimg oatmeal and i really think that has been helping my stomach.

Hi everyone,

I am so confused. Hope you are all well. I was nervous sbout my pain. The hips low back and total low body cramps. I went to the hospital. The dr said i have lumbar radiolocapathy. I do have pins and meefled in my feet. Maybe i do have olit. But dont the sx seem a little to severe  for this condition. The back of my.leg does not hurt. It got worse when i switched to teva k

I am so confused. He referred me to Psychiatry . I need an mri. If they ogfer me a steroid inj i dont think i can take it. Any input would be appreciated i am depressed and lost. Thx

I have not had sciatica since surgery in 2001 and beznzos. Now it is like the best news are ripped out the back of my legs.

All my muscles from top of neck to coccyx are so contracted my spine bows up off of sofa and is crushing spine. Buttocks agonising, sacrum rigid, jaw got so tight it snapped shut if tried to open it. Leg muscles rigid, abs and obliques tight and pulling right hip up to ribs and forwards. Shoulders up and rigid and getting g terrible pain down arms - hard to lift things.

I reinstated because of this but now horrific side effects and all places that went rigid collapsed after being held so tight. Switched to Clonazepam nazepam but hell so trying to taper again but already in severe muscle contracture.

Nothi g helps and no position is bearable.

Probably won’t as was on Benzos for same issues but 2 decades of extra damage since then.

Can’t take any other meds now.

Can’t see any way out.

Utter hell.

Ajusta, so terribly sorry to see you're in so much agony. I have lots of muscle issues as well, but that's peanuts compared to what you're going through. I hope there will be some relieve for you soon. Sending you my caring thoughts. 

Ajusta do you think holding for a long long time could help you? Coming down from 2 to 1.25 klonopin in 8 months is quite a lot. Did your pain get worse with the cuts or was it that bad at 2mgs? I'm so sorry you're in such pain.

Hi, my muscle pain us getting worse by the day. The muscles are tightening more and more and the pain is increasing. Is this withdrawal or

( and I'm very scared it is)  a neurological disease?  I' m frightened to death. Woke up shaking like a leaf and felt awful for hours. Losing strength rapidly. Can anyone relate to this? Seeing a neurologist next Tuesday,  but the anxiety is horrible.

That is what happens to me. Muscles get tighter and tighter as dose gets lower but I was on Benzos for this issue.

The tighter they get the weaker they get as well for me.

All muscles rigid and weak.

Neuro tried me on all other muscle relaxants but can’t take anything.

Muscles feel like hard rubber and all crushing g each other and spine.

Neuro going to do lumbar puncture which is terrifying.

Nothing helps - no stretch in the and massage and stretching seems to make things worse.

Just started seeing a new osteopath but it is agonising.

Does anyone get belly pain and/ or stomach pain along with the muscle pain. Woke up this morning 4 am. with nasty pain in the lower part of my belly, just above the bladder. Lasted for a couple of hours. No more sleep if course. Paracetamols do almost nothing to kill the pain. The pain stopped after I had breakfast and a bowel movement. My whole body hurts. From back of neck to my feet. Muscles getting more tight and painful by the day. Joints starting as well. So afraid it's a neurological disease. Had tests done in February,  came back negative. But I don't trust those results anymore. Seeing a different neurologist next week. He is testing for Lyme's,  but also looks for other possible causes. This constant anxiety ( testing,  coming in again for the results) is killing me.

Hi Troch,

Maybe the abdominal is a gi issue. I know benzos call mess up your gi. I doubt you have a neurological issue.  It 8s always good to get checked. I get leg , hip and orerry much whole lower body pain and crazy ecitable muscles.  I gave ro stretch, use a foam roller and it helps.  I was excercising ir seemed i had to stop. I am going to walk today anf see how it goes. I know the muscle stuff sucks. I have been fighting with mine for months.

Troch, sounds like you have what we call benzo belly.  Most of us get it at one time or another, some times it's just aggravating others it really hurts.  My guess it's just a wd symptom but peace of mind can mean a great deal too.  Good luck 💚💚💚💚, Mary

Thank you Mary. I've had IBS for over 30 years. Hope you're right about it being benzo belly. Will have it checked. Got a letter this afternoon from the hospital: intake December 18th. More anxiety... Good luck to you too! Hope you have a good day.

Has anyone tried TENS or PEMFT in WD for muscle tightness and pain.

I did tried TENS when was off first time but it made whole body jerk side to side where muscles are rigid.

Thank you Mary. I've had IBS for over 30 years. Hope you're right about it being benzo belly. Will have it checked. Got a letter this afternoon from the hospital: intake December 18th. More anxiety... Good luck to you too! Hope you have a good day.

Keep us posted Troch  :)