• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [De...]

• [Tr...]

• [Ma...]

CuzKK,

I am so sorry you are going through so much and yet you are on bb cheering people up all the time.

I would give anything to help you.  You are an inspiration to many, and very strong.  Please, when you feel the need to get all that out, do it!.  That is what bb is here for, we are here for you.  Will send all the healing thoughts possible and hope you enjoy your concerts.  Happy Holidays to you.

Love you Mary 💚♥️💚♥️💚💚♥️💚♥️💚

I’m glad I found this group. I’ve been on BB for some time. It all started when I was getting off Xanax via Valium crossover. I was on doxepin at the same time. Believe it or not my getting off the X/V was relatively painless for me, though it took 20 months. I got off in 2014. I was still on doxepin and started tapering that but I allowed my PCP put me on a low dose of mirtazapine to help me sleep while getting off the doxepin. I got completely off the doxepin in 2017 and that went reasonably well. For a year now I have been tapering off the mirtazapine. I don’t want to be on any psych meds any more. The mirtazapine taper had been going fairly well until I started getting down very low in dose. I’m now at 1.2mg and I’m feeling horrible much of the time. The muscle pain and stiffness, especially in my legs is awful. My back and hips hurt as well. I’m nauseous much of the time but the muscle pain and tingling is the worst. Last night I broke down and took a 50mg tab of tramadol which has given me much needed relief but I know I can’t make a habit of that. Do any of you have any idea why a  CB person gets all this muscle pain and stiffness as one gets very low in their taper dose. All the sxs combined I often feel like I’m dying or wish I would. Any insight as to why this happens would be appreciated. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Pokey

No answer as I was on benzo for muscle issues.

Did the Tramadol eases the tightness?

I was on Tramadol for years until 2017 and got off that fine.

I don’t think I can take it now as even cocodomol or even paracetemol causes horrible halluniatory stuff, head whooshing, fizzing and sweating etc.

I’m glad I found this group. I’ve been on BB for some time. It all started when I was getting off Xanax via Valium crossover. I was on doxepin at the same time. Believe it or not my getting off the X/V was relatively painless for me, though it took 20 months. I got off in 2014. I was still on doxepin and started tapering that but I allowed my PCP put me on a low dose of mirtazapine to help me sleep while getting off the doxepin. I got completely off the doxepin in 2017 and that went reasonably well. For a year now I have been tapering off the mirtazapine. I don’t want to be on any psych meds any more. The mirtazapine taper had been going fairly well until I started getting down very low in dose. I’m now at 1.2mg and I’m feeling horrible much of the time. The muscle pain and stiffness, especially in my legs is awful. My back and hips hurt as well. I’m nauseous much of the time but the muscle pain and tingling is the worst. Last night I broke down and took a 50mg tab of tramadol which has given me much needed relief but I know I can’t make a habit of that. Do any of you have any idea why a  CB person gets all this muscle pain and stiffness as one gets very low in their taper dose. All the sxs combined I often feel like I’m dying or wish I would. Any insight as to why this happens would be appreciated. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Pokey

Hey Pokey and welcome. Also Happy Holidays to you  :). This is a pain thread but it doesn't get as much traffic as the thread Withdrawal Support.  I would go to Homepage scroll down to Withdrawal Support and copy and paste your question there.  Many more people will read it and you will get a better chance of some suggestions and it will still be here.  I also don't know anything about the med you are on, sorry I wish I could help.  Keeping my fingers crossed someone on Withdrawal Support can jump in.  Also, it's the holidays and many people normally posting, won't be for a few days.  Be patient, they will be back.  Mary 💚♥️💚♥️💚♥️💚♥️

Hi Pokey, sorry to see you're having so much pain. I'm more or less in the same ( pain) boat: especially my leg muscles cause me much pain. From my signature you can tell I'm tapering off Diazepam.  The suggestions made earlier are really good ones;  BB caters for everyone. So they are people who can help you in your search for a solution. I had Tramadol once when I was in much pain. It really worked wonders! But they don't match with benzos.  Too bad.

Hope things improve for you quickly.

Merry Christmas.

Still having much muscle pain. It seems the more I move about the worse it gets. Joints, soft tissue,  It all starts to get more painful.

Paracetamols do almost nothing.  Ibuprofen is out the question because of earlier ulcers. It sucks!

Oh Troch,

I am so sorry. I know the feeling.  Do you have a heating pad?  Sometimes I find that laying on the floor and stretching brings relief. 

Hi Suzy,  yes, I do laying on the floor ( on a thin sunchair cover) it used to help,  but no so much recently. Relaxing the muscles is really difficult at the moment. I do stretching too, but not always sure it's the right thing to do.

BTW I took a Ibuprofen. Being sick of the pain I thought,  why not? Desperate times...

I bought a special bag, filled with cherry pips. You heat it in the microwave and put it on the painful muscles. Nice!

Trough, I read what Stut wrote, and I have to agree with her, very good chance it's all withdrawal.

All the people on here that have been diagnosed with Lime only for it to go away either while withdrawing or after.  But something you may want to read about that helps me is a shatki mat, you can read about on Amazon, the pillow really helps me too.  It looks like torture but in a couple minutes it goes away and your muscles start relaxing.  Very inexpensive too.  Just a suggestion.  I know the pain, it has been my primary system since this started.  It sucks.  Try to have a decent day, LY Mary ♥️♥️

Im sorry Troch,

I jever know if I am doing the right thing either.  Im crazy and I do or anyway.  :o If you feel it is not helping maybe give it a rest for a bit.  I want to getnthat mat too.  Mary is on it wll the time. Lol. It helps her. So maybe  we can give it a try

Ly dd

How hard are the pointy bits on the Shakti mat?

My buttocks, legs and back of ribs as does pubic bone on front hurt like hell lying on exercise mat where rigid and fibrotic and memory foam feels like concrete.

Are the protrusions pliable are hard?

Mary, I believe it was you who suggested that mat to me a short while ago. I looked into it,  but had my doubts about it. Will think about it again. With this Fibromyalgia I'm extremely sensitive.  But perhaps it might help.

I did have a better afternoon. The exhaustion left me and the Ibuprofen did its job more or less, I even went for a 10 minute walk.

But mainly did nothing, just watching TV.

How hard are the pointy bits on the Shakti mat?

My buttocks, legs and back of ribs as does pubic bone on front hurt like hell lying on exercise mat where rigid and fibrotic and memory foam feels like concrete.

Are the protrusions pliable are hard?

They poke me really well but don't break the skin.  They are plastic and hard.  They hit a lot of trigger points.  The muscles behind the ears really feel good when laying on it.  I can imagine it's not for everyone Ajusta, Translator got me into it.  :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I'd like to join this support group. Does anyone also have chronic contracture of the piriformis muscles? I used to think it was a consequence of my herniated disk, but I'm starting to think it might be withdrawal. This muscle is just in the middle of your bottom. It's very incapacitating. I can barely bend and it's agony even to bend to brush my teeth or change the garbage bag. I stretch every day and it gets a tiny bit better but that's all.

Hey everyone, just bumping this............

I too have piriformis pain, it has the sciatic nerve entrapped. It began at the beginning of my taper off valium, right after I c/o from Ativan.

I have had several Pressure wave treatments, PRP's, deep tissue massage, stretching through out the day. It has been with me for 6+ years and i am now 8 months off valium. I get great relief from turmeric,  NSAIDS, but most are GABA antagonist as I understand it.  They really cause my W/D  & CNS symptoms to ramp up.  I can tolerate very lose dose of cox2 inhibitors best, but they too have their s/x.  arnica cream does not help me at all.

I do not tolerate steroids or botox.  heat and ice alternating helps some.

It is always worse at night for me, esp. when I am trying to sleep. What have any of you found to help?  :smitten:

I have tried everything.

Have this and come fracture through who.e body,fri t and back and re-tapering.

Atm trying stretches, Feldenkrais, osteopathy and myofascial release but nothing helping.

I tried shockwave therapy on glutes but didn’t help - think because nervous system has to work properly for it to work.

If you can get on exercise mat or soft carpet you could try the Feldenkrais to see if that helps. I have teacher come to me.

Check out his other vids as well.

You could see if can find proper myofascial real ease person. If not could try watching some of this woman’s.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MobilityMastery

I have tried everything.

Have this and come fracture through who.e body,fri t and back and re-tapering.

Atm trying stretches, Feldenkrais, osteopathy and myofascial release but nothing helping.

I tried shockwave therapy on glutes but didn’t help - think because nervous system has to work properly for it to work.

If you can get on exercise mat or soft carpet you could try the Feldenkrais to see if that helps. I have teacher come to me.

Check out his other vids as well.

You could see if can find proper myofascial real ease person. If not could try watching some of this woman’s.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MobilityMastery

Thanks for these great suggestions.  I  truly understand trying many things to gain some form of release. I so agree with you, the nervous system must continue to heal to over come this issue. thanks again!

has anyone found they tolerate turmeric or does this also cause issues with your fragile brain?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ptsdmiracle,

I have those same sx plus pins and needles. I am sorry you have that to. I stretch and walk and use a foam roller.  It has helped me alot. Welcome.

Thanks. Stretching makes my muscles feels like they’ve been ripped apart. Like my muscles have turned into firm scar tissue, so I don’t know if it’s actually good for me to do it.

That is exactly what every muscle in my body has done PTSD and shortened at same time so bowing body into horrific posture. Can’t sit or lie n back as get lower, neck pulled back, thoracic spine being forced in to reverse curve, buttocks rigid, shoulders forced up and forward and rigid.

Do you have thos though whole body? Like hard fibrotic gristle?

Same for me miracle. Stretching actually triggers more of the rigidity and contraction.

I found hitting the body in the rigid area using a spongy brush helps.

I mostly have this in my sides and lower back. I try to avoid triggering the pain feeling like u as well. The rest of my muscles have literally dissolved. I can hardly walk. The only posture I can actually tolerate is laying down. Sitting is too painful. The only thing I found relieves some pain is heating pad.

I can’t really maintain good posture when I try to stand my back needs to be curved a bit to avoid pain.