Muscle pain support group

[ha...]

Heath: I had the arm s/x for about two months. Felt as is if a tourniquet was tied to my arm restricting blood flow and arm and hand felt swollen. It was bad at night. I wore a carpal tunnel wrist brace and slept with arm elevated on a pillow. It went away.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [De...]

• [Tr...]

• [Ma...]

Heathcliff-  Stretching is the best natural way to take care of this.  Also, I have found sleeping with a pillow at my side, and propping my bad arm up on the pillow can help, so the arm doesn't get into that weird position while I am sleeping.  And YES, that completely does sound like withdrawal.

Last night, I dreamt that I guy poked me in the back with a pitchfork, multiple times, and when I woke up, the pain was still there!!!  My son was in my bed and had curled up to my back, with his hands poking me, but not poking me hard but damn, it felt terrible cause my back was already a mess. 

All I can say, is at least I am able to sleep at this point.  LOL.  Gotta be grateful for what I can get.

My dog, a chi-pin , does that to me too lol and my back muscles are my worst sx.  But I love him and won't make him move ;D drives my husband crazy.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! I've read a lot in this thread and can relate to many, yet I feel we area all unique with our symptoms from these nasty meds. This will be a bit long, bear with me.

I experienced muscle/joint pain early on in WD due to going too fast. I'm currently doing DMDT for past couple months and sleep is much improved.

I have a history of scoliosis but actively exercised for many years. Periodically low back pain with bending over too much, but it usually subsides.

I started physcial therapy off and on in March for neck/shoulder issues. I have 2 discs pushing into my spinal cord and surgery is inevitable now but on hold.

What I'm dealing with now is beyond me and am getting depressed. Having low back pain, instability, hip pain and sciatica. Can feel the joints clicking in low back with slight movements. My x-rays showed degenerative disk disease and I'm going back to PT this week.

I am also hyper-mobile, meaning my joints go beyond the normal range of motion. When first in WD I started yoga and thought it was helping. I love to sit Indian style and did quite a bit in yoga with stretching my hips. I can no longer sit Indian style. It hurts to sit or stand for long periods. Sometimes I wake up in more pain from sleeping. Dr. gave me muscle relaxers because ibuprofen causes me to bleed if I take too many. They helped me sleep initially but went off after 4 days. My sleep is bad now due to pain, not WD.

I cannot accept that my body is falling apart that quickly. It seems like I've been spiraling quickly physically. Someone please tell me that some of this is Benz related. I cannot even enjoy a walk outside.

BTW, I take CBD oil for my crohn's disease (no THC) and it helps inflammation tremendously. I am now increasing it in hopes it will help my back/hips.

Any pearls of wisdom will be appreciated!

Hi Everyone! I've read a lot in this thread and can relate to many, yet I feel we area all unique with our symptoms from these nasty meds. This will be a bit long, bear with me.

I experienced muscle/joint pain early on in WD due to going too fast. I'm currently doing DMDT for past couple months and sleep is much improved.

I have a history of scoliosis but actively exercised for many years. Periodically low back pain with bending over too much, but it usually subsides.

I started physcial therapy off and on in March for neck/shoulder issues. I have 2 discs pushing into my spinal cord and surgery is inevitable now but on hold.

What I'm dealing with now is beyond me and am getting depressed. Having low back pain, instability, hip pain and sciatica. Can feel the joints clicking in low back with slight movements. My x-rays showed degenerative disk disease and I'm going back to PT this week.

I am also hyper-mobile, meaning my joints go beyond the normal range of motion. When first in WD I started yoga and thought it was helping. I love to sit Indian style and did quite a bit in yoga with stretching my hips. I can no longer sit Indian style. It hurts to sit or stand for long periods. Sometimes I wake up in more pain from sleeping. Dr. gave me muscle relaxers because ibuprofen causes me to bleed if I take too many. They helped me sleep initially but went off after 4 days. My sleep is bad now due to pain, not WD.

I cannot accept that my body is falling apart that quickly. It seems like I've been spiraling quickly physically. Someone please tell me that some of this is Benz related. I cannot even enjoy a walk outside.

BTW, I take CBD oil for my crohn's disease (no THC) and it helps inflammation tremendously. I am now increasing it in hopes it will help my back/hips.

Hi Peaceflower,

ABSOLUTELY a great part of this can be you benzo withdrawal.

I had mostly chest pains (so bad I when to the ER to check for heart attack).

But I also get back pain - lower back mostly - but other places too.

I am sure it was due to withdrawal.  At least it followed when I was in withdrawal the worst.

I don't know why, but taking Buspar seems to help.  I only took it for a couple of weeks and then when the pains stopped, I stopped the Buspar.  I was also doing a long hold at the time so I am not sure if the Buspar or the "getting more stable via a long hold" did the trick.

But you might try some Buspar for a few weeks.

Just a thought.

Bob

Hi Peaceflower,

I am sure it was due to withdrawal.  At least it followed when I was in withdrawal the worst.

I don't know why, but taking Buspar seems to help.  I only took it for a couple of weeks and then when the pains stopped, I stopped the Buspar.  I was also doing a long hold at the time so I am not sure if the Buspar or the "getting more stable via a long hold" did the trick.

Just a thought.

Bob

"Neighbor bob" on YouTube?

Hi Peaceflower,

Just a thought.

Bob

"Neighbor bob" on YouTube?

Well I went to YouTube and looked up "Neighbor bob" - does he talk about Benzo?  That is the first I have heard of him.

Hi Peaceflower,

Just a thought.

Bob

Thank you Bob for responding. I cannot take Buspar because of side effects. I'm also not having additional anxiety plus the fact that my relationship with my prescribing LPN is on shakey grounds.

When I was in severe WD prior to this group I had different symptoms: anxiety, nausea, hair loss, weight loss, no sleep, knee/elbow joint swelling/pain and endless mind chatter to the point of tears.

I feel like this is different. I know my physical symptoms are real and documented by doctors. I'm just wondering if the WD amps up my symptoms or may be speeding up it's progression

Also, if I plan to hold does that means I would need to make a separate batch of pills at current dose.

Thoughts?

Hi Peaceflower,

Just a thought.

Bob

Thank you Bob for responding. I cannot take Buspar because of side effects. I'm also not having additional anxiety plus the fact that my relationship with my prescribing LPN is on shakey grounds.

When I was in severe WD prior to this group I had different symptoms: anxiety, nausea, hair loss, weight loss, no sleep, knee/elbow joint swelling/pain and endless mind chatter to the point of tears.

I feel like this is different. I know my physical symptoms are real and documented by doctors. I'm just wondering if the WD amps up my symptoms or may be speeding up it's progression

Also, if I plan to hold does that means I would need to make a separate batch of pills at current dose.

Thoughts?

Well if you held at an odd dose, you would have to make a bunch of pills at that dose.  But if you started your hold on certain doses, you would not have to make any pills.  For example, when your taper hits 0.25 mg, that is easy and reliable to create.  You just get a pill splitter from Walmart and cut your 0.5 mg tablets in half.

PS - I do believe Klonopin withdrawal increases physical symptoms natural to our bodies.  For example, when I pull a muscle, I totally believe the pain is worse than when I used to pull the same muscle back before klonopin withdrawal.  It is like the Klonopin withdrawal amplifies our pain receptors.

Whatever you decide to do, I will support you with the math.  Just let me know if you want to hold at any time.  Hopefully, you will not have to hold.  I have found, the longer I stay at 0.001 mg per day, the easy it becomes to stay at that level.  I bet if you stay at it, you can just taper all the way to zero.

Well if you held at an odd dose, you would have to make a bunch of pills at that dose.  But if you started your hold on certain doses, you would not have to make any pills.  For example, when your taper hits 0.25 mg, that is easy and reliable to create.  You just get a pill splitter from Walmart and cut your 0.5 mg tablets in half.

PS - I do believe Klonopin withdrawal increases physical symptoms natural to our bodies.  For example, when I pull a muscle, I totally believe the pain is worse than when I used to pull the same muscle back before klonopin withdrawal.  It is like the Klonopin withdrawal amplifies our pain receptors.

Whatever you decide to do, I will support you with the math.  Just let me know if you want to hold at any time.  Hopefully, you will not have to hold.  I have found, the longer I stay at 0.001 mg per day, the easy it becomes to stay at that level.  I bet if you stay at it, you can just taper all the way to zero.

I do agree that the pain receptors are amplified. Yesterday I think my anxiety was a bit up because I don't do well with pain. The mind can be my worst enemy. I am going back to my mindfulness meditation practices because I have gotten lazy with them.

I will meet with my physical therapist on Thursday to discuss our plan for stabilization exercises. Also, I am increasing my CBD oil intake because I already know it helps my inflammatory symptoms of Crohn's disease.

I originally was thinking to hold because I am going to Washington DC for a week at the end of July and all I had in my head yesterday was being miserable in the heat.

If I don't start to feel better by next week I will PM you about a plan to hold.

Thank you Bob!!  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place for this, posting in a couple places.

So I started on a baby dose of escitalopram last night, 2.5mg, I hate to have to try a p med, but didn’t think it wise to put off any longer, goal is 5mg & no depression.

My big question here is about teeth clenching & jaw pain in relation to benzos, k pin specifically, but any benzo experiences with this symptom will do.

So I took teva clonazapam for 8 years & recently have had to switch, trying actavis & solco/qualitest.

So I was clenching teeth on actavis plus other withdrawal type sxs so switched to solco about a little over a week ago, I have taken a couple of actavis since the switch trying to see if they were less sedating(I think they may be) I didn’t journal all my sxs since the switch but I started having bad jaw pain yesterday(prior to lexapro)for sure & am clenching my teeth badly again today, like I was on the actavis, think I definitely feel more sedation from solco too.

My question is when one crosses over to a different generic  or changes dose & then holds, how long is the teeth clenching jaw pain supposed to last? Days? Weeks? Etc? Is it supposed to be constant? Come & go? Will it settle down? How should one sooth it? It’s quite painful.

Thank you

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place for this, posting in a couple places.

So I started on a baby dose of escitalopram last night, 2.5mg, I hate to have to try a p med, but didn’t think it wise to put off any longer, goal is 5mg & no depression.

My big question here is about teeth clenching & jaw pain in relation to benzos, k pin specifically, but any benzo experiences with this symptom will do.

So I took teva clonazapam for 8 years & recently have had to switch, trying actavis & solco/qualitest.

So I was clenching teeth on actavis plus other withdrawal type sxs so switched to solco about a little over a week ago, I have taken a couple of actavis since the switch trying to see if they were less sedating(I think they may be) I didn’t journal all my sxs since the switch but I started having bad jaw pain yesterday(prior to lexapro)for sure & am clenching my teeth badly again today, like I was on the actavis, think I definitely feel more sedation from solco too.

My question is when one crosses over to a different generic  or changes dose & then holds, how long is the teeth clenching jaw pain supposed to last? Days? Weeks? Etc? Is it supposed to be constant? Come & go? Will it settle down? How should one sooth it? It’s quite painful.

Thank you

Teeth clenching and jaw pain I don't think is brand related. I was a teeth clentcher prior to WD but it seened to increase with WD. I finally had a bite guard made by my dentist and I've already wore a hole into the bite guard. There are some nights I still have jaw pain or headache due to clenching even with wearing the bite guard. I'm most likely going to have another one made. Imagine the damage to my teeth had I not been wearing it.

I also wanted to mention that I saw this topic in the other support group that I left. This is a common side effect.7

I'm not sure what "ng" is but this is a common side effect from withdrawal.

I dealt with is during antidepressant WD and still have it with benzo WD.

This was a common side effect I read in my antidepressant withdrawal support group.

I honestly think our bodies are under so much stress from WD and it's going to come out one way or another, even while sleeping.

I still get the majority of my "brain zaps" during sleep.

...and just a remider from my previous post. I was a teeth clencher prior to withdrawal. Having to WD from any or all my medications made it worse.

I suggest if this is a bothersome or continual symptom to see your dentist about having a night splint (biteguard) made. They are not cheap. There are also drug store brands out there.

I hope that helps.  ;)

Hi everyone and anyone,

Will someone please describe what “Jelly legs” is.

I think I’ve got it for the past couple of weeks but do not know exactly if the term fits what I have......feeling of very week legs, like I might collapse at any moment...just so very weak, almost wobbly,....worse in morning...almost disappears by night time....but returns the next day.

Is that “Jelly legs”?

Thanks,

Heathcliff

Hi everyone and anyone,

Will someone please describe what “Jelly legs” is.

I think I’ve got it for the past couple of weeks but do not know exactly if the term fits what I have......feeling of very week legs, like I might collapse at any moment...just so very weak, almost wobbly,....worse in morning...almost disappears by night time....but returns the next day.

Is that “Jelly legs”?

Thanks,

Heathcliff

Yep, that's it Heathcliff.  You feel like your legs just can't consistently hold you up and might just collapse.  I definitely feel like my legs are very weak at time, and I'm not sure that is jelly legs though, but just very very weak legs.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a great thread. I have really bad mid back pain. Also under/ next to right shoulder blade which continues up the muscle on the right side of my neck. When this happens my rigjt side sinus starts filling/ running and I get dizzy. I looked it up and up in the neck it is the sternalcleomastoid muscle and it will cause this. Not sure if I spelled that right. It gets maddening. Some days it's totally gone. Some days really bad .  Also, translator I love your photo. Is that you?

Everything else has gone away for me and all im left with is muscle pain but its intense and crippling. Paracetamol helps and heat creme. Any other remedies people can suggest?

This is a great thread. I have really bad mid back pain. Also under/ next to right shoulder blade which continues up the muscle on the right side of my neck. When this happens my rigjt side sinus starts filling/ running and I get dizzy. I looked it up and up in the neck it is the sternalcleomastoid muscle and it will cause this. Not sure if I spelled that right. It gets maddening. Some days it's totally gone. Some days really bad .  Also, translator I love your photo. Is that you?

That’s interesting.

I have extreme tightness at throcolumbar junction - was why was put on diazepam. Started when injured low back. It has only released a handful of times in 20 years. No exercises, massage, osteopathy etc has helped. It effects the way my shoulders sit as they are unable to release downwards and this effects neck. I also have the sinus problems so interested that it may be connected.

As for pain I have started taking co-codomol again when I need it and have no problems with it.

Everything else has gone away for me and all im left with is muscle pain but its intense and crippling. Paracetamol helps and heat creme. Any other remedies people can suggest?

Hello,

I am so glad to see more people on this thread. I have been suffering from severe musculoskeletal symptoms and am holding for one month with a DDMT. I am trying something new for pain/inflammation called Astaxanthin. It's a natural form of plant algae and takes about 2-6 weeks to notice relief. Due to having inflammatory bowel disease I am unable to take NSAIDs on a regular basis. I will let you all know how it's working.  :)

Hello,

I am so glad to see more people on this thread. I have been suffering from severe musculoskeletal symptoms and am holding for one month with a DDMT. I am trying something new for pain/inflammation called Astaxanthin. It's a natural form of plant algae and takes about 2-6 weeks to notice relief. Due to having inflammatory bowel disease I am unable to take NSAIDs on a regular basis. I will let you all know how it's working.  :)

Please do let us know , I have a lot of muscle pain too and can't take nsaids and am allergic to opioids.  Oh why wasn't it benzo's  :)