Muscle pain support group

[ha...]

Please do let us know , I have a lot of muscle pain too and can't take nsaids and am allergic to opioids.  Oh why wasn't it benzo's  :)

Will do!!  ;)

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [De...]

• [Tr...]

• [Ma...]

Has everyone tried things like curcumin? There is very good evidence for it if pain is inflammatory.

My pain comes from tightness, pulling, spasm - hence the diazepam in the first place so only something else that would relax the muscles will help.

I’ve heard great things about curcumin. I believe, don’t quote me, it thins the blood as an nsaid would. I don’t know because I invested in one called superbio curcumin, supposed to be really good anti inflammatory & it gave me diarrhea. Supplements can get expensive & I then read a bunch of warnings about it so never tried again. Some swear by it. If I tried it again I wouldn’t get the super one, just one from a halfway descent company that’s affordable. You can Check out palmetto harmony website. The sell CBD oil, but also have some pain rubs called cannascense or something like that. I have one & have tried it for back pain & other pain that is muscular. Im not sure about it. It had great reviews & you can call & talk to them

I have used Life Flow magnesium oil spray throughout my withdrawal. It has helped so much with muscle pain. You maight want to ask others about topical magnesium.

I have used tumeric for a long time and it doesn't seem to improve things for me. I have made an oil rub with frankincense essential oil and it gives me some relief. I am also using CBD oil. I'm currently holding for a month to see if my symptoms improve. My gut is telling me to hold because when my sleep starts to go then all my other symptoms kick in.

I can’t take curcumin since withdrawal.

I had forgotten about boswellia (Frankenstein’s) it is a powerful anti-spasmodic but again I tried to take some in withdrawal and it made things worse.

I have never been someone who is sensitive to stuff until withdrawal.

Even oral magnesium ramps my muscle movements up - makes jaw chew on it’s own more etc.

That's so crazy what this is doing to us. After I withdrew from my antidepressant I was diagnosed with a multitude of contact allergies. Now going on 2 yrs of benzo withdrawal. I can't even wear makeup, have to make my own. It's like my body is sensitive to everything. I'm hoping it will reverse someday. :(

I had forgotten about boswellia (Frankenstein’s) it is a powerful anti-spasmodic but again I tried to take some in withdrawal and it made things worse.

Even oral magnesium ramps my muscle movements up - makes jaw chew on it’s own more etc.

Try a smaller dilution percentage with the frankincense. I'm attempting an attachment for the first time...and it's not working 

For those of you who mentioned turmeric supplements, have you looked more closely at the forms you take? Turmeric is better absorbed in a hydro-soluble form. There are also liquid supplement options for those that do not like the pills.

Arthritis UK recommends it is taken as curcumin with peppering.

There have been trials done in it in that form and it is as successful as NSAIDs for arthritis of the knee.

Arthritis UK recommends it is taken as curcumin with peppering.

There have been trials done in it in that form and it is as successful as NSAIDs for arthritis of the knee.

I have heard the same thing. The one with pepper is more $$, but heard it boosts the tumeric (curcumin)

I'm guessing some of you are from the UK. We mainly call it Tumeric in the U.S.

I'm also waiting for someone to help me on the attachment issue. I have a photo of the different strength percentages of frankincense oil.

Also, as far as the Astaxanthin, I am in trying it out. It takes 2-6 weeks for me to notice a change. I will update everyone if they are interested.

Try a smaller dilution percentage with the frankincense. I'm attempting an attachment for the first time...and it's not working

Here is the image of Frankincense percentage dilutions

http://i68.tinypic.com/wrfl21.png

10ml is 2 teaspoons. You can use sweet almond oil or avocado oil as a carrier oil.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Do you take it orally?

Noooo  ;)

This is a topical that you rub onto areas of pain such as muscles or spinal area. It absorbs into the skin after about 5 mins or so.

I know your skin is sensitive so I would start at a smaller percentage to test it out.

• 2 months later...

Everything else has gone away for me and all im left with is muscle pain but its intense and crippling. Paracetamol helps and heat creme. Any other remedies people can suggest?

Hello,

I am so glad to see more people on this thread. I have been suffering from severe musculoskeletal symptoms and am holding for one month with a DDMT. I am trying something new for pain/inflammation called Astaxanthin. It's a natural form of plant algae and takes about 2-6 weeks to notice relief. Due to having inflammatory bowel disease I am unable to take NSAIDs on a regular basis. I will let you all know how it's working.  :)

Please do let us know , I have a lot of muscle pain too and can't take nsaids and am allergic to opioids.  Oh why wasn't it benzo's  :)

I'm getting back you you regsrding this supplement. It seems to be helping me. I notice less pain and inflammation. I still have to be careful with what I do physically but everything is more tolerable.

Peace

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Wasn’t sure if this group was still active. I have horribke neck problems, muscle spasms in back and upper torso. I had pain prior to benzo but seems worse after 5 years of k. I recently began cutting doses.

Wishing all of you better days!

Hi,

Wasn’t sure if this group was still active. I have horribke neck problems, muscle spasms in back and upper torso. I had pain prior to benzo but seems worse after 5 years of k. I recently began cutting doses.

Wishing all of you better days!

Muscle pain is a common sxs in withdrawal especially if you had back problems before.  It has been my number one symptom and is truly miserable.  I have done a lot of physical therapy and my husband gives me massages.  They help and at least keep you moving your body which I think is really good for you.  Hope you can find some relief soon.  Mary

Short term user with pretty bag hip and leg pain. I can hardly walk or stand. If I do too much I’m in much more pain. Is this normal?

Thanks for the replies! So forgetful, i posted again on general forum, yikes! Mary, what fo you do for PT? (Happy ☘️ day)

I have lots of trigger points, dry needling helps only temporarily.  Chipmunk, I’m on baclofen and Lyrica as well, have EDS, and only dose 1x per day.

Clonzapam :2012 .38 mg

Baclofen : 2013 12 mg (gradual wd from 20mg, long hold)

Lyrica: 150 mg

Thanks for the replies! So forgetful, i posted again on general forum, yikes! Mary, what fo you do for PT? (Happy ☘️ day)

I have lots of trigger points, dry needling helps only temporarily.  Chipmunk, I’m on baclofen and Lyrica as well, have EDS, and only dose 1x per day.

Clonzapam :2012 .38 mg

Baclofen : 2013 12 mg (gradual wd from 20mg, long hold)

Lyrica: 150 mg

My physical therapist does a lot of different things, she works on me with her hands, we do a mixture of stretches, exercises , cardio and Pilates.  I just went through a few weeks with very little pain, out of nowhere and really enjoyed the hell out of it, but I had just had cataract surgery and you have to be some what careful how you move your head so I was afraid to exercise very much through that, just now getting my butt up to go get on treadmill and then do a couple stretches and exercises.  Heat has been my best friend through this.  My husband has studied trigger points and massage, he couldn't charge money  :laugh:  but he's okay for free.  I have had dry needling but it really lasted a very short time.  Moving my body and hoping is about all I have.  My therapist does use a cream you can actually use with a heating pad.  You can get on Amazon.  I really like it.  Let me know it you would like name and I will look it up ;). Love, Mary 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀