Muscle pain support group

[ha...]

Hi Mary, I will. Having health anxiety I automatically fear the worst. No CBT can change that so far. Every time I have abdominal pain my mind goes into overdrive, thinking it most be really bad. I hate that. Hope we may all have a symptom free day. I can hardly remember the last time tot happened...

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Aj...]

• [De...]

• [Tr...]

• [Ma...]

Morning Ajusta dear, I hope you have a bit less pain today. Just dropped in to skim read and saw your question. I can tell you Mary loves her tense unit. She can become very violent if someone tries to take it away from her  :laugh:. Just kidding. Mary loves it and I know she's going through hellish muscle pain.

Have a beautiful day everyone in spite of our beautiful painful asses.

Hi Val, how are you this morning?  Hope you're feeling a bit better. My muscle pain seems to be getting worse every day. Burning, sharp,  unrelenting pain. Makes me feel desperate. Nothing helps to ease that bloody pain. Mornings are terrible at the moment.  Don't know what to do. Some other symptoms seem to be getting a bit better,  but this pain...You told me, pain and anxiety are your worst symptoms too. How are you handling them,  what gives you some relieve?  :'(

Hi Troch,

I got a whals massager at cvs for 40.00

It helps alot. Maybe you might want to check it out. It is handheld percussion massager. It saves me.

Hi De, sorry for responding a bit late. Thanks for your suggestion.  I happen you have a thing like that,  am going to give it a try for a while. Hope it helps me too, like it does you.

Hey DD, have missed you girlfriend, look in my email everyday to see if enso has shipped, nothing there yet :(.  Hope you have been doing better.  I am off to shower and wash my hair.  Next few days are going to be really ugly, if I wash my hair then, it bushes out, lol, then it won't fit in hair clip.

Hoping you and bf are doing better.  Always thinking of you, LY MM :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Mmm,

So good to hear from you! I miss you so much. I am ok. I hope that dam enso gets there soon! I think of you everyday! Let me kn9w when you get it. Hope the migtsin is gone. You poor thing have bern thru so much. Ly Pebbles

Hi muscle buddies,

I’m wondering do anyone’s muscle symptoms get worse in cold temperatures? I don’t know if it’s just my anxiety or if my muscle stiffness and pain get triggered by cold. I tried searching threads for this, but saw nothing😞.

Hi health. Mine certainly do. Although it could be from my Fibromyalgia as well. Or both... In any case,  my muscles hurt a lot. The pain is also in my bones. Muscles are stiff as a board, with decreasing strength. Anxiety about it being something really bad makes it all even worse. I still manage to go for a short walk most every day, but it's getting harder to do in the colder, wetter weather we're having now.

Mine too.  I just hate it when I know it's going to be damp and cold  :(. I know it's going  to even make my bones ache .  I try to keep warm to help head it off.  Works sometimes, others not so much.

Health, weather is a big trigger for a lot of people tapering, heat, cold etc;  hope you find a way not to hurt too much.  Mary 💜💜

Hi Mary, if you don't mind me asking, in which muscles do you experience the most pain? Mine is some 80% in my (upper) legs.  The thigh bones hurt too. There's pain in my feet and back as well.  Some in my arms. And recently I get more joint pain. Do you get joint pain too? I saw a reumatologist a few weeks ago and she said I showed no signs of rheumatism. Now I get those joint pains. :idiot:

Hi Mary, if you don't mind me asking, in which muscles do you experience the most pain? Mine is some 80% in my (upper) legs.  The thigh bones hurt too. There's pain in my feet and back as well.  Some in my arms. And recently I get more joint pain. Do you get joint pain too? I saw a reumatologist a few weeks ago and she said I showed no signs of rheumatism. Now I get those joint pains. :idiot:

My neck, shoulders, and back hurt most.  Leg muscles were hurting, but you know those rollers you exercise on?  My husband runs them up and down the back of my legs and they quit hurting and when the muscles quit, so did the bones in front.  I have some joint pain, but nothing like my back and shoulders.  There was a Dr on a news show here talking about how acetaminophen and ibuprofen together work as well as an opioid.  It really does help, you just have to be careful and not take many, but when I really hurt bad, I take them.  The only time I had a break from the muscle issue, I had a three week window back in Feb-March, oh that was wonderful.  Wishing us all windows !!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

All my muscles feel like they have literally changed consistency - like they have turned to fibrotic hard rubber. No amount of rolling, massaging , stretching, trying to move or strengthen makes any difference at all.

I don’t think it is going to go away. All the muscles are contracted and crushing my body.

When I dose it doesn’t relax them in a normal way it just makes the rubber stretch a bit for a couple of hours and then it all starts contracting up again. Even memory foam feels like concrete.

Hi, does anyone have muscle pain that feels like it's also in your bones? I have that in my left thigh on the outside. It wakes me up around 4,30 am. almost every night. Eases off during the day, but still feels like the bone might snap any minute.  Thinking about having a scan done. Don't trust this.

I don’t think it is going to go away. All the muscles are contracted and crushing my body.

When I dose it doesn’t relax them in a normal way it just makes the rubber stretch a bit for a couple of hours and then it all starts contracting up again. Even memory foam feels like concrete.

Ajusta: Then it is very good that you want to end with Benzo. Now it only causes tolerance and side effects. So there is hope, this is not forever!  :thumbsup:

Hi,  my muscles are getting more and more painful. Sometimes it's getting to point I can hardly stand it anymore. Paracetamols do nothing. Ibuprofen is hardly an option,  having had several stomach ulcers in the past. I do take the occasional one, when I'm feeling desperate. Always on a full stomach. Not only my muscles hurt, mostly in my legs, but also my feet and thigh bones are killing me. Does anyone else besides Ajusta have this? What do you do?  It's like Ajusta says, nothing helps to ease the tightness. Aghh!  This is by far my worst symptom at the moment. It's debilitating.

Troch,

I have the same thing. My legs have been a litrle better the last two days. My thighs in the front kill and the sides. No matter how much you stretch it comes back. Just keep stretching.  T seems to give some relief. I have been stretching for months and I am wiped out. Today i went out without stretching and I was ok.There might be hope!

My pain is deep down to the bone, every piece of me.

Stretching or use the muscle actually triggers worse contraction even putting cloth on, or turning head or body as my contraction is whole body especially back of whole me, only movement helps is walking.