Important Survey - Please Participate ×

18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

Took a while for me to fall asleep last night, even after not sleeping the night before. Very disconcerting. Felt like crap most of today too. Thought that maybe I was nearing being done with this garbage, but apparently not. Hopefully the one bad night was a fluke. I can't handle going back to the one night on one night off pattern. It's just brutal.

The doctor was not so helpful! She knows the meds put me here and can't say how to improve the situation or if it will definitely improve on it's own. Grrrrrrr. It's not the benzo thing for me. I really do believe we all heal from benzos (my opinion). For me it's the migraine med I was put on that I worry about. But I just have to wait and see. Grrrrr. She wants me to go for a neuropsych eval and to a neuro opthamalagist to see if they can pinpoint anything. See if there's something they could help with to make my work life easier. I feel it's more of the same chasing my tail in the dark but husband wants me to go.

Peace2

The doctor was not so helpful! She knows the meds put me here and can't say how to improve the situation or if it will definitely improve on it's own. Grrrrrrr. It's not the benzo thing for me. I really do believe we all heal from benzos (my opinion). For me it's the migraine med I was put on that I worry about. But I just have to wait and see. Grrrrr. She wants me to go for a neuropsych eval and to a neuro opthamalagist to see if they can pinpoint anything. See if there's something they could help with to make my work life easier. I feel it's more of the same chasing my tail in the dark but husband wants me to go.

Peace2

Hi peace2! Just thought I'd let you know that I know a few people that have had to deal with migraines. They took the migraine meds, but ended up after a while of taking them, not liking the side effects. Now they take magnesium. Not saying it's a miracle cure, but it has helped greatly cut down on their migraines. Of course I'm only giving anecdotal evidence. Maybe you've already tried magnesium? Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.

Hi Siggy-

thanks. I don't get migraines. I got one, three years ago and wound up in the ER where they have me reglan/metoclopramide and I had a terrible reaction to it. It's what led to benzos.

But no migraines for me other than that.

I highly doubt I will ever take any medication again in my life. There's some quote that says : when you take medication you have to heal twice, once from the illness and once from the medication.

Peace2

Mr migraine here...I tried the mag several times and I'm a no go on it  It's au natural healing and suffering for me :crazy:

Took 1/3 of a doxy last night cause I was so sleep deprived.  Slept from 10-7 with a few wakeups....sort of foggy in am and my glutamate storm came a bit early.  Felt the head/eye pressure stuff coming on and the start of headache.  I did my PMR meditation and then had an in house appt.  Did very well...It is sort of like my brain is still frying in my head but the intensity is down by 50%.  No breathing, sweating, panic, etc....just mild anxiety due to weird head sensations while trying to have meeting.  Regardless, If it stays like this it is major progress from even a few weeks ago.  I hope it does and continues to improve.  Home now and going to do another meditation to get the brain  stress level back down after the meeting. 

Sig-Please don't keep setting yourself up for disappointment.  Just figure your symptoms are going to stick around and when they aren't there it is a bonus day.  My deal to keep me sane is to expect anything up to the 2 year mark and if I heal before then it's bonus round(I will worry if I am still sick at 2 years then)

Hey....I had a funny thought or not so funny....when my brain hurts I'm able to just lay in bed/couch and time just passes like I'm a vegetable...I don't get bored or anything...I just enjoy the quiet and peace letting my brain settle.  anyone else able to pass time like this? :D

Hey drew, I do that several times a day. I lay on the bed or couch and just let my brain zone out.

I've been doing this for a couple of months now and seems to calm the brain..till I get the brain zaps..then I have to jump up and start doing something..it's like a surge of nervous energy that zaps my brain. This seems to be very therapeutic whenever I get busy and then need to relax the over stimulated brain.

Have a good night. :smitten:

Sorry the mag didn't work for you drew. I tried it a few times for sleep and it made me feel bad. I can't take any antihistamines for sleep with unfortunately. I get manic when in them. Had a hydroxyzine script from pdoc when in acute. Took up to 100mg and didn't phase me at all. Doc couldn't believe it didn't knock me out. Guess I'm just lucky (sarcasm).

Glad you got some sleep though.

Good morning ... another good morning ... she who must be obeyed captured a cold ... and lovingly chose to share it with me ... sniff, sniff ...

Just a little one ...

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop ... still in "vigilant" mode ... has been five days now with no symptoms prancing around inside my body ...

Had a "window" like this, the being in the presence of the "effortless", a year ago last August ... lasted ten days ... so it seems that is my "yardstick" right now ...

Hope we all have a good Thursday ... wherever we are on this journey ...  :smitten:

Sorry about the cold Nova. I had one about 3 weeks ago. I am now in a terrible wave. Didn't sleep last night at all. That makes two nights this week. Burning down my spine and crazy tinnitus. I thought I was on my way to getting better when this hits. I'm at work now feeling terrible. I don't know how long I can endure this.

Morning all,

Nova, I will rush you over some chicken soup as soon as I take my bread out of the oven.

Waiting for the boom to fall on your recent healing might not happen..it could be permanent..this happened to me and I hope it stays.

Take care of that cold. :smitten:

Siggy, sorry you are losing sleep. I've been having bouts of insomnia lately and it makes for very long days of suffering.

The burning still has a hold on me also and not a thing I can do about it except wait it out. I tried the epsom salt baths, arnicare cream, Tylenol...and nothing helps it...although I have to say it is better than last year...it was really severe then.

It must be so hard putting in hours at work with the sleep loss and nasty symptoms.

Hope you get some sleep tonight. :smitten:

Siggy, sorry you are losing sleep. I've been having bouts of insomnia lately and it makes for very long days of suffering.

The burning still has a hold on me also and not a thing I can do about it except wait it out. I tried the epsom salt baths, arnicare cream, Tylenol...and nothing helps it...although I have to say it is better than last year...it was really severe then.

It must be so hard putting in hours at work with the sleep loss and nasty symptoms.

Hope you get some sleep tonight. :smitten:

Thanks beulah.

Siggy,

So sorry you haven't slept.  I have the pulsatile tinnitus.  It's always with me.  The heart palps have been bad this past week, but are letting up today a bit.  Would a lidocaine patch help with your burning sensations?  I have found them helpful when it gets bad.

You're in a wave like I am, and it will lead to a better baseline when it passes.  I'm thinking about you and sending you healing energy.  We will make it through this.  We are closing in on complete recovery.

Love, Sofa

siggy-you know the drill...survive the day while trying to distract yourself so time passes...just concentrate on making the next twenty minutes and keep doing that.  Sorry brother... :-[

Nova-effortless mind days with a cold!!!  You are in the homestretch my friend

After coming out of my last wave that seemed to have lasted for about 2-3 months with only a day here or there of decentness all of my symptoms seem less in intensity. At least that's what I gather so far...It's been about ten days and nothing ramped up for long periods.  They are here but they are more of a bothersome annoyance with some brief periods where they get intense.  I don't trust this and at any time think it is going to progreess into a full blown wave....weird.

Hope everyone else is doing as well as they can be. :smitten:

siggy-you know the drill...survive the day while trying to distract yourself so time passes...just concentrate on making the next twenty minutes and keep doing that.  Sorry brother... :-[

Nova-effortless mind days with a cold!!!  You are in the homestretch my friend

After coming out of my last wave that seemed to have lasted for about 2-3 months with only a day here or there of decentness all of my symptoms seem less in intensity. At least that's what I gather so far...It's been about ten days and nothing ramped up for long periods.  They are here but they are more of a bothersome annoyance with some brief periods where they get intense.  I don't trust this and at any time think it is going to progreess into a full blown wave....weird.

Hope everyone else is doing as well as they can be. :smitten:

Thanks drew. Yeah, I thought I was almost done with this crap a few days ago. Then this happens. Feel like I can't ever escape it.

Siggy ... this back and forth ... almost done and still getting slammed ... up and down ... it is discouraging ... and to be the trite-sayer ... you are getting there ...  :thumbsup:

Beulah ... yep ... taking care of the cold ... had a fried pepperoni omelet for lunch ... opens everything right up ... we get really good pepperoni here ...

And waiting to see what happens next ... would be really cool if it was a big, fat nothing ... I could handle that ...  ;D

Back battling a wave today. Head ringing / nausea / zaps, Yuk!  Mostly wavy the last 12 days. I almost lost it and puked in my meeting today, but held on staring at the floor, and doing breathing exercise. Back at my desk now happy I didn't make a scene. This has been my hardest day since coming back to work in Feb. I just want get home and hit a warm shower and go to bed. Pathetic life lately.

Nova, I'm so pleased you are really getting there and gallantly encouraging us who are still suffering.

I'm back in misery land. Had a little break yesterday evening giving me time to get things ready for my daughters birthday. Not slept for 2 days either Siggy, it really doesn't help, so I understand how you feel. What's dragging me down right now is the pain in my shoulders, neck and head. It even bothers me in the night and if I need to get up in the night it cracks as I go to the bathroom.I've just dropped my son at running club and sobbed all the way home. Thankfully my daughter is working and dowsn't have to witness my hysterics. My neck particularly just feels permanently damaged, it's really making me depressed. I really thought last night that maybe this wave was burnt out. Not so it seems. Work is getting me down too as they have no concept of the hell that is going on and I'm sick of being looked on as a stress head. I'm nearly 18 months and never had a break that has lasted more than part of a day. What is wrong with me?!?!?!