Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Day 26 - All Symptoms are Gone

[Al...]

So ya I'm on day 26.  My mind can be a bit of a bully, b/c I wouldn't smoke and so it started thinking 'what if I could take a benzo instead' and I smoked out of fear.  I smoked a pack and now I'm quitting again, and staying busy as possible.  I went for 2 bike rides today, did yard work, walked my dog, and haven't laid down once.

As for the klonopin withdrawals and intrusive thoughts, they are basically gone.  I'm feeling much better and am very happy.  No more neuropathy pain in my legs.  Nothing.  I'm freeeeee lol.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

[jo...]
5 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

So ya I'm on day 26.  My mind can be a bit of a bully, b/c I wouldn't smoke and so it started thinking 'what if I could take a benzo instead' and I smoked out of fear.  I smoked a pack and now I'm quitting again, and staying busy as possible.  I went for 2 bike rides today, did yard work, walked my dog, and haven't laid down once.

As for the klonopin withdrawals and intrusive thoughts, they are basically gone.  I'm feeling much better and am very happy.  No more neuropathy pain in my legs.  Nothing.  I'm freeeeee lol.

Good stuff! Stay off the benzos!

• Like 2

[Al...]
3 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Good stuff! Stay off the benzos!

Thank you!

• Like 1

[Cr...]

Good news! I didn't feel much when I c/t'd .5mg of Klonopin in Oct. 2009 after 18 months use but I also started drinking more after the c/t.

You may want to steer clear of alcohol or any drugs that could cause anxiety as that could tempt you to test fate again with benzos. 

Each time you go on and off you are rolling the dice that your withdrawal will be long and difficult. Assuming this isn't a window and you are basically healed, I hope you move on and put benzos forever behind you.

• Like 1

[Kr...]
12 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Wow! How wonderful! 
its almost unbelievable when I read a beautiful post like yours!

Anyway, so glad you’re ultra happy and healed so fast! 🤩 

• Love 1

[Al...]
19 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Good news! I didn't feel much when I c/t'd .5mg of Klonopin in Oct. 2009 after 18 months use but I also started drinking more after the c/t.

You may want to steer clear of alcohol or any drugs that could cause anxiety as that could tempt you to test fate again with benzos. 

Each time you go on and off you are rolling the dice that your withdrawal will be long and difficult. Assuming this isn't a window and you are basically healed, I hope you move on and put benzos forever behind you.

Yup I don't drink anymore anyway and not taking any drugs either, so I'm pretty much in the clear.  Alcohol and Benzos both stimulate the release of GABA in the game, and yes drinking while getting off of benzos is a very bad idea.

[Al...]
16 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Don’t mind me asking how long were you on it for? 

Over a decade, since 2011, with a 2 year (somewhat but dabbling at this time, which led me back to it in 2022) break between 2019-2021.

[Ja...]

Good on ya buddy!..gives us all that extra lift seeing a positive outcome like this,.hope you feel great you should be proud of yaself : )