Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi all I am now down to .033 klonopin through the cut and hold process. It hasn’t been easy and I was recently hit with some sxs that thru me out of stability and into a tough wave for several weeks. I think i am slowly pulling out of it. I have always been curious about the DLMT but have been too chicken to try it. It seems for some people it’s a miracle and all their sxs go away and it’s smooth sailing all the way off and out the other side. And for some their bodies don’t handle the liquid well and gone back to dry cutting. Because of the mixed reviews I’ve thought heck I’ll jist stick with what I’m doing but I could sure use some relief! I’m also concerned about using the vodka as that seems contraindicated with benzos and I am so so super sensitive to chemical reactions. Has anyone else had these concerns and gone ahead with making the transition and had success? Thanks!

It is the same medicine whether you do dry or liquid. Liquid is actually more accurate and will let you make smaller cuts.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all I am now down to .033 klonopin through the cut and hold process. It hasn’t been easy and I was recently hit with some sxs that thru me out of stability and into a tough wave for several weeks. I think i am slowly pulling out of it. I have always been curious about the DLMT but have been too chicken to try it. It seems for some people it’s a miracle and all their sxs go away and it’s smooth sailing all the way off and out the other side. And for some their bodies don’t handle the liquid well and gone back to dry cutting. Because of the mixed reviews I’ve thought heck I’ll jist stick with what I’m doing but I could sure use some relief! I’m also concerned about using the vodka as that seems contraindicated with benzos and I am so so super sensitive to chemical reactions. Has anyone else had these concerns and gone ahead with making the transition and had success? Thanks!

The amount of alcohol so tiny, its insignificant.  If you made a .1mg per ml solution, at your current dose, that would be .33ml of vodka  (.13ml alcohol)  You ingest way more than that everyday from food sources and personal car products.

Several Rx liquid benzo use alcohol as a base.

Or you can use propylene glycol

I'm still holding on klonopin right now, but when I start tapering again, I plan to do a LMT using whole milk.  I figure that if I have to travel, I can bring my pills and equipment along and will be able to find whole milk anywhere.I'm just waiting for the right time to start.  I have so much travel to do with my children's activities over the next few months and a couple of vacations over summer break.  I also still need to stabilize.

I did all of the research and bought the equipment.  Side note:  my husband is convinced that the FBI have me flagged due to my amazon purchases of graduated cylinders, oral syringes, pill crushers and a gram scale. 

Wonderwoman - you've come such a long way and are so close to the finish line!  My LMT plan included starting at the same dose for a few days to see how my body responded to the change.  Granted, both the dry cut amount of medication and the liquid amount are the same, but I wanted to make sure my body felt the same way.

I have a question too... I've read to use a glass jar with lid to shake the suspension, but I haven't found anything that I think will work well.  What have others used?  I tried an empty glass iced tea bottle, but some of the milk was able to leak out around the seal and I was worried that I was losing some of my dose when I did some experiments.

I'm still holding on klonopin right now, but when I start tapering again, I plan to do a LMT using whole milk.  I figure that if I have to travel, I can bring my pills and equipment along and will be able to find whole milk anywhere.I'm just waiting for the right time to start.  I have so much travel to do with my children's activities over the next few months and a couple of vacations over summer break.  I also still need to stabilize.

I did all of the research and bought the equipment.  Side note:  my husband is convinced that the FBI have me flagged due to my amazon purchases of graduated cylinders, oral syringes, pill crushers and a gram scale. 

Wonderwoman - you've come such a long way and are so close to the finish line!  My LMT plan included starting at the same dose for a few days to see how my body responded to the change.  Granted, both the dry cut amount of medication and the liquid amount are the same, but I wanted to make sure my body felt the same way.

I have a question too... I've read to use a glass jar with lid to shake the suspension, but I haven't found anything that I think will work well.  What have others used?  I tried an empty glass iced tea bottle, but some of the milk was able to leak out around the seal and I was worried that I was losing some of my dose when I did some experiments.

I use something like this to measure up my total dose https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BLOGWA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1    and then after that I put my daily doses in bottles like this to take with me  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I4BJL9I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know that other people do different things, but I stir my dissolved pill pretty well after mixing it up and then it goes into the smaller bottles for transport, etc. Maybe someone will give you better ideas.

Keep on rockin'!!

Jeff

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's so funny!! I can completely relate! Like you, I wanted to see how my body reacted to liquid compared to pills, both had the same effect. But my kitchen looked like a drug lab when I was experimenting with the equipment, I was petrified someone would drop in for a visit  :laugh:

I went through so many jars!!! In the end I found a squat screw lid jar best (the type with lots of thread if that makes sense). Most others just leaked. I found mine in one of those cheap "reject" shops (that's what they are called in Australia). I found the jar needed to be "squat" to draw up the last few doses without a struggle, as the large oral syringe would only reach down so far.

If your're interested I found another great tip (thanks to my clever husband). When you draw up the liquid (it doesn't matter what amount), keep the syringe inside the liquid. Without lifting it out or the liquid, squirt the liquid from the syringe back out under the liquid surface, then draw up again (still not lifting the syringe from the liquid), this time draw up the dose required. That way there are no air bubbles at all in your syringe :-)

:smitten: Harmonee

Harmonee,  that's a great tip from your husband to avoid those bubbles in the syringe.  Thank you for posting that.  I went from pill to liquid form without any problem.  G.

Yeah, that one took me way too long to figure out, after all that time spent flicking the syringe while upright like I was a doctor on ER or something.

Harmonee,  that's a great tip from your husband to avoid those bubbles in the syringe.  Thank you for posting that.  I went from pill to liquid form without any problem.  G.

Glad it helped  :thumbsup: Oh I forgot to mention, the second advantage is that the liquid inside the jar gets a really good mix from the force of the liquid in the syringe plunged back into the jar!  ;D Harmonee

I measure my milk benzo liquid with a 100ml graduated cylinder, but I store it in an empty Bon Maman jam jar.  These jars are great.  I buy this jam somewhat just for the jars.  :laugh:

Gardener99,

Not sure if you are still having computer issues.  Just was wondering what manufacturer makes your Librium capsules?  When I picked up my refill I noticed it was from Solco rather than Teva.  Needless to say I'm not feeling so hot on this one...heard this can happen. Will bear with it.  And it leaves chunks in the bottom of the jar...I realize it's fillers but it still bothers me.  Probably the talc in it but not sure.  Anyway, I'm just curious who manufacturers the pills you get.  I want to stick with these because I can open up the capsules so much easier.  The Teva/Barr brand was a bitch to open like half of them and then I'd get powder all over my fingers...it made me nervous every time. 

Hope you are doing well!

Love,

Lib18

Gardener99,

Not sure if you are still having computer issues.  Just was wondering what manufacturer makes your Librium capsules?  When I picked up my refill I noticed it was from Solco rather than Teva.  Needless to say I'm not feeling so hot on this one...heard this can happen. Will bear with it.  And it leaves chunks in the bottom of the jar...I realize it's fillers but it still bothers me.  Probably the talc in it but not sure.  Anyway, I'm just curious who manufacturers the pills you get.  I want to stick with these because I can open up the capsules so much easier.  The Teva/Barr brand was a bitch to open like half of them and then I'd get powder all over my fingers...it made me nervous every time. 

Hope you are doing well!

Love,

Lib18

Hi Lib. Yup, still on my daughter's laptop but my son is in th process of reloading my backup, so there's hope!

I have been taking TEVA/BARR forever. I agree,those little capsules are really hard to open. Just broke and pitched one out today. :P I'm ahead on my script refils so I can afford to pitch out an occasional capsule.

I'm not sure about hte chunks. Even if you let it sit awhile and swish in the alcohol, it still leaves chunks?

Gard :)

Hey Gard,

I haven't tried alcohol...I will tomorrow to see if it dissolves the little chunks better.  With this brand tho it leaves the water pretty foggy unlike the Teva brand so at least I know the med is definitely dissolved in the water.  But gosh, there are so many more fillers. 

So I'm not the only one licking my fingers like crazy with the Teva brand...lol.  I did have to ditch one as well...got powder all over the counter.  What a pain. 

My son has his own laptop and he makes fun of me trying to use it..I'm so used to a desktop. 

Anyway, thanks for getting back to me as always.  I will brave the alcohol soon!  I think I just need to swish this brand a little more...will be glad when all this experimenting is done and over with.

Hi Micro Taperers,

I'm beginning my daily micro-taper and am embarrassed to be so confused after reading a ton on it. And trying Jim Hawk's plan. Benzo brain and still messed up from a c/t on Feb 2nd.  :idiot:

I've been reinstated on 1mg Klonopin for over two weeks and wish to move forward by reducing daily.  Would 5% be a good rate?  If so, how many mgs would I be decreasing by each day?

Can anyone give me an example, please?

I really really really appreciate your help!

Love,

Uni

Hi folks

It’s been 5-6 weeks and for the first time since this process started i have not stabilized on my cut and hold method. I have also been really sick with bronchitis. I am now considering updosing (not sure to what) and starting a DLMT. Has anyone done this? I know i am pretty low and there could be an argument for just keep going but I’m a total mess and need some relief. I know builder recommends vodka or propelene glycol (so?) and I’m wondering who does that vs. milk or water?

I know we all have compromised brains so I’m really reaching out to those who are in a window or stable enough to answer thanks so much!!

Hi Micro Taperers,

I'm beginning my daily micro-taper and am embarrassed to be so confused after reading a ton on it. And trying Jim Hawk's plan. Benzo brain and still messed up from a c/t on Feb 2nd.  :idiot:

I've been reinstated on 1mg Klonopin for over two weeks and wish to move forward by reducing daily.  Would 5% be a good rate? If so, how many mgs would I be decreasing by each day?

Love,

Uni

5% over what time frame?

5% per day would probably be too fast, and 5% per month would be awfully slow.  ::)

Hi Micro Taperers,

I've been reinstated on 1mg Klonopin for over two weeks and wish to move forward by reducing daily.  Would 5% be a good rate? If so, how many mgs would I be decreasing by each day?

Love,

Uni

5% over what time frame?

5% per day would probably be too fast, and 5% per month would be awfully slow.  ::)

Hi Builder,

Thank you for replying!  I’m super confused about the time frame.  I’d like to do a daily micro.  It doesn’t have to be 5%, either.  I’m just so confused by the whole micro tapering thing and don’t know WHAT to do.  Any suggestions for percentage if daily?

💕 Uni

Hello! I have been reading through these posts and I wonder if if daily micro-tapering might be right for me! I have been cutting about 5% every week.  So now I am wondering if 1% each day would be a better way to go (I measure and I am currently at .158 grams.)  Thank you for any advice!

Hi Builder,

Thank you for replying!  I’m super confused about the time frame.  I’d like to do a daily micro.  It doesn’t have to be 5%, either.  I’m just so confused by the whole micro tapering thing and don’t know WHAT to do.  Any suggestions for percentage if daily?

💕 Uni

This really isn't complicated.  If you were at 1mg and wanted to do a 5% cut that would be .05mg reduction.

In a C&H taper, you would cut your dose by .05mg (to .95mg) and hold 10 days while  you recover from the cut.

With a daily taper, you could spread that .05 cut over 10 days and cut .005mg each day.

Either way, at the end  of 10 days, you will be down to .95mg.  But is very likely that you would experience a lot less discomfort doing the daily cuts.

The 5% and the 10 days are just examples.  You can choose any cut rate/time frame you wish

Hello! I have been reading through these posts and I wonder if if daily micro-tapering might be right for me! I have been cutting about 5% every week.  So now I am wondering if 1% each day would be a better way to go (I measure and I am currently at .158 grams.)  Thank you for any advice!

Many people find the daily micro taper to be gentler. I'm one of them. But if cutting once/week works for you, then maybe you should stick with it. If you're able to cut 5%/week, I think you're doing very well.

Gard :)

I am finally ready to do this! I have suffered way too much in the last 6-7 weeks I am on medical leave and not getting stable.  I am "at the finish line" and if I am going to be in this much withdrawal I may as well make my way off.  I am too freaked out to continue cutting so I am willing to try the DLMT.

I know people recommend getting stable before I get started but I am under no illusions that stability will happen if it hasn't happened already.  The longest I ever went before was 3 weeks so something is telling me my body just wants to get off this.

So,

I am going to buy all the gear on Amazon today.

Builder or someone who does the math - will you give instructions on how to proceed.

I am currently at .037 klonopin. 

I have 4 more pills of .5 left in my prescription.  My pdoc will not hesitate to fill another script if I need more to get going.  LMK

Thanks a ton in advance!

WW

Hi Builder,

💕 Uni

This really isn't complicated.  If you were at 1mg and wanted to do a 5% cut that would be .05mg reduction.

In a C&H taper, you would cut your dose by .05mg (to .95mg) and hold 10 days while  you recover from the cut.

With a daily taper, you could spread that .05 cut over 10 days and cut .005mg each day.

Either way, at the end  of 10 days, you will be down to .95mg.  But is very likely that you would experience a lot less discomfort doing the daily cuts.

The 5% and the 10 days are just examples.  You can choose any cut rate/time frame you wish

Thank you Builder.  :smitten: