Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hey everybody!  I'm looking for some advice on whether to do traditional cut & holds or do daily micro cuts.  When I started out at 20mg I got down to 5mg without too much suffering, but did have the usual anxiety and crappiness in the mornings.  After a relapse I went back up to 10mg and since then I've done .5mg cuts every 3 weeks and it hasn't been too bad either.  I'm wondering if doing daily cuts is worth the hassle of shaving the pills and weighing them.  But then I think even though cut and holding isn't too bad right now it might be once I start to get to lower doses.  Any advice or experiences?

Liquid is much easier.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Liquid is much easier.

For some reason my body couldn't handle the transition from dry form to liquid.

I use mostly dry form with a bit of liquid that I can then taper.  It's working out really well for me :thumbsup:

SS

I use mostly dry form with a bit of liquid that I can then taper.  It's working out really well for me :thumbsup:

SS

I've heard of a lot of people doing that.  Do you use a compound formula?  I would try that but unfortunately my insurance won't cover two forms of the medication.

I'd be interested in compound formula too but my doctor had "never heard of it" so, whatever. I make my own liquid per builder's calculations with vodka and water. I used to take 1 mg of valium via liquid but now I just take .5 mg reduce from there and it works fine.

I'd be interested in compound formula too but my doctor had "never heard of it" so, whatever. I make my own liquid per builder's calculations with vodka and water. I used to take 1 mg of valium via liquid but now I just take .5 mg reduce from there and it works fine.

The funny thing is I started out at 20mg of Valium in water after taking high amounts of benzos recreationally for about 3 months, had no problems and got down to 10mg with that method.  Then I held at 10mg for a couple months and took it in dry form just for convenience.  When I wanted to go back to liquid I tried putting only 2.5 of the 10mg in water to ease back into it, but after 4 days I got insane symptoms and went back to taking it dry.  After stabilizing then I started shaving bits off the pill each day which seemed to work fine.

The funny thing is I started out at 20mg of Valium in water after taking high amounts of benzos recreationally for about 3 months, had no problems and got down to 10mg with that method.  Then I held at 10mg for a couple months and took it in dry form just for convenience.  When I wanted to go back to liquid I tried putting only 2.5 of the 10mg in water to ease back into it, but after 4 days I got insane symptoms and went back to taking it dry.  After stabilizing then I started shaving bits off the pill each day which seemed to work fine.

Valium, like most benzos, is NOT water-soluble.

How do you micro taper Xanax?  Or should I just stick to dry cutting .0625 whenever I can? 

Is there anybody on here micro tapering Xanax??

Right, but even if it's not soluble shouldn't it just get suspended in the water?  I don't get why my symptoms got so bad by just putting a quarter of my dose in water.  It's almost like the water alters the effectiveness or something.

[c6...]
Same thing happened to me and I don't know why either. I used milk but I did ok getting from 2.5 to 1.5 Klonopin but eventually I got slammed and went back up and any time I tried to liquefy .5 mg's of my dose and take the rest dry it was unbearable.

How do you micro taper Xanax?  Or should I just stick to dry cutting .0625 whenever I can? 

I tapered xanax. you are low enuff to liquify your dose and make small daily cuts.

I tapered xanax. you are low enuff to liquify your dose and make small daily cuts.

How do I do this?  And did you have ex's the whole way down??  My husband wants me to go very slow, as my anxiety is still there every day.  Im.wonderimg if micro tapering is for me?

Right, but even if it's not soluble shouldn't it just get suspended in the water?  I don't get why my symptoms got so bad by just putting a quarter of my dose in water.  It's almost like the water alters the effectiveness or something.

Water is a very poor suspension agent.

A proper suspension agent needs enough viscosity to "hold" the particles in place, so they cannot separate out by sinking to the bottom, floating to the top, clinging to the outside, swirling into the whirlpool, etc.  Obviously, water does not have that capability.

How do I do this?  And did you have ex's the whole way down??  My husband wants me to go very slow, as my anxiety is still there every day.  Im.wonderimg if micro tapering is for me?

I'm micro- tapering part of my Xanax dose and find it really a good way to go for me.  If you want detailed instructions with your percentage etc. I'd ask buddy builder for that.  He's set lots of folks up  and knows how to explain things very clearly and concisely.

FWIW with a micro  taper you can go as slow as you need to go!  (And I'm down 90%.... Yay :thumbsup:)

SS

I'm micro- tapering part of my Xanax dose and find it really a good way to go for me.  If you want detailed instructions with your percentage etc. I'd ask buddy builder for that.  He's set lots of folks up  and knows how to explain things very clearly and concisely.

FWIW with a micro  taper you can go as slow as you need to go!  (And I'm down 90%.... Yay :thumbsup:)

SS

Thank you.  How do you do your midday dose when you're at work though??  Hmmmmm

SS

My daytime doses are in pill form.  I use the liquid for evening dose....the one I taper.  for now it's working, and yes it will need to change at some point.

SS

My daytime doses are in pill form.  I use the liquid for evening dose....the one I taper.  for now it's working, and yes it will need to change at some point.

I round robin my cuts (3 doses per day) so If have to figure out how to work with my midday dose on the go.  That might be tricky.  Is micro tapering smoother on the sxs than cut and hold?  I would imagine it would be.  My husband loves a challenge, maybe I'll have him help me figure this out. 

I find the daily tapering easier....  in the beginning of the taper much much easier than cut and hold. 

Hey builder just posted a few posts back so you could quote him and ask for instructions... ;)

SS

Water is a very poor suspension agent.

A proper suspension agent needs enough viscosity to "hold" the particles in place, so they cannot separate out by sinking to the bottom, floating to the top, clinging to the outside, swirling into the whirlpool, etc.  Obviously, water does not have that capability.

Hi builder,

At the urging of SS, I sent you a pm for suggestions on a liquid micro taper for xamax.  I'd appreciate any help you can give me to smoothly get off this crap!  Trying to find an easier, smoother way than cut and hold.

KK

Hi. My computer is crashed.Grabbed my daughter's laptop to say hi. I tapered Xanax using the liquid prescription. I put my midday dose in a tiny bottle and carried it with me. That's all for now. Don't know when I'll be back.I have no smartphone, so no computer means NO internet. >:(

Hi. My computer is crashed.Grabbed my daughter's laptop to say hi. I tapered Xanax using the liquid prescription. I put my midday dose in a tiny bottle and carried it with me. That's all for now. Don't know when I'll be back.I have no smartphone, so no computer means NO internet. >:(

Hang in there, Sister Gard!!! We were computer-less for several months and it was a mess. Finally got a nice new laptop.

Hugs,

Jeff

SS

I round robin my cuts (3 doses per day) so If have to figure out how to work with my midday dose on the go.  That might be tricky.  Is micro tapering smoother on the sxs than cut and hold?  I would imagine it would be.  My husband loves a challenge, maybe I'll have him help me figure this out.

Every one of my doses is a dose on the go. I've been doing this for well over 2 1/2 years and I've been all liquid since the beginning. I just keep the doses in little bottles and then take what I need with me when I go someplace. Everybody's experience seems to be a little different, but the general consensus is that liquifying the doses is a smoother ride down than dry cutting. I know some people who did the dry cut thing though for a long long time. Seems most hit a wall when they got to the smaller doses because you can only get so small with dry cutting, but with liquid you can reduce by minuscule amounts each day/dose. It just becomes a lifestyle. Good luck!

Hey Guys - I am just checking in here.  I gotta say that while my withdrawal symptoms have yet to subside, I haven't felt any real increases since I resumed my LMT in January.  Last summer I did a LMT going from .1875mg --> .125mg of klonopin, and I got hit hard from that, and I held for four months.  Now that I have gone down a similar amount again, I really think that I was actually hit hard from previous cuts, but also, I think maybe I went too fast.

Now I have taken from January to March, to go from .125mg -->.060mg.  I am decreasing .005mg each time and I am barely feeling any cuts.  It's more like every two or three I will feel something but I am also trying to space them out.  It's such a guessing game with being functional and in less pain being the prize. 

So I'm at .060mg of klonopin now and I see no reason to make any long holds on the rest of the way down, cause it can't be these tiny cuts causing problems, can it? 

Hey Guys - I am just checking in here.  I gotta say that while my withdrawal symptoms have yet to subside, I haven't felt any real increases since I resumed my LMT in January.  Last summer I did a LMT going from .1875mg --> .125mg of klonopin, and I got hit hard from that, and I held for four months.  Now that I have gone down a similar amount again, I really think that I was actually hit hard from previous cuts, but also, I think maybe I went too fast.

Now I have taken from January to March, to go from .125mg -->.060mg.  I am decreasing .005mg each time and I am barely feeling any cuts.  It's more like every two or three I will feel something but I am also trying to space them out.  It's such a guessing game with being functional and in less pain being the prize. 

So I'm at .060mg of klonopin now and I see no reason to make any long holds on the rest of the way down, cause it can't be these tiny cuts causing problems, can it?

Although it's a big cut Green Cup if your body is responding well then how great!!  It seems that your experience is another one of those that points to Long Holds, after an uptick in sxs as being a good thing to do to be able to cut again with relative ease. :thumbsup:

Congratulations for being at .06mg!!! Huge accomplishment....  so great.

:)

SS

Hi all I am now down to .033 klonopin through the cut and hold process. It hasn’t been easy and I was recently hit with some sxs that thru me out of stability and into a tough wave for several weeks. I think i am slowly pulling out of it. I have always been curious about the DLMT but have been too chicken to try it. It seems for some people it’s a miracle and all their sxs go away and it’s smooth sailing all the way off and out the other side. And for some their bodies don’t handle the liquid well and gone back to dry cutting. Because of the mixed reviews I’ve thought heck I’ll jist stick with what I’m doing but I could sure use some relief! I’m also concerned about using the vodka as that seems contraindicated with benzos and I am so so super sensitive to chemical reactions. Has anyone else had these concerns and gone ahead with making the transition and had success? Thanks!