Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Quick question that has probably been asked a gazillion times before -

Current medication  - Roxie 5ml/5mg daizepam

what suspension/solution base  is needed to mix with this in order for me to mix my roxie in a way that will allow me to MT very small daily increments.

Current need - to taper by .01ml weekly, making daily reductions to reach this goal

thx!!! :smitten:

Is that the diazepam that comes as a liquid called intensol? I used the Xanax intesol a few years ago. All I did was dilute it with water. It should stay in solution just fine if kept at room temperature.

Hopefully builder or a math person will work the numbers for you. I care about you too much to try to do your math! ;)

Gard :smitten:

:thumbsup: Just water for dilution. Hi gard! :)—V

Hi, V! Aren't you a math person? Help!

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

what suspension/solution base  is needed to mix with this in order for me to mix my roxie in a way that will allow me to MT very small daily increments.

Current need - to taper by .01ml weekly, making daily reductions to reach this goal

Is that the diazepam that comes as a liquid called intensol? I used the Xanax intesol a few years ago. All I did was dilute it with water. It should stay in solution just fine if kept at room temperature.

Hopefully builder or a math person will work the numbers for you. I care about you too much to try to do your math! ;)

What was the math question? I’ll have to scroll through the thread to see if I missed it.  :)—V

What was the math question? I’ll have to scroll through the thread to see if I missed it.  :)—V

It's what kasey just asked about her 5mg=5ml diazepam RX. I bolded her comment. I think she is saying she wants to reduce her full strength liquid by .01ml weekly but wants to dilute to the point she can make daily cuts, not weekly cuts. How much water to add and then how much to cut daily to do that?

disclaimer: I already took my Q. :idiot:

Gard :sleepy:

It's what kasey just asked about her 5mg=5ml diazepam RX. I bolded her comment. I think she is saying she wants to reduce her full strength liquid by .01ml weekly but wants to dilute to the point she can make daily cuts, not weekly cuts. How much water to add and then how much to cut daily to do that?

disclaimer: I already took my Q. :idiot:

Gard :sleepy:

LOL  :laugh:

Perfectly asked Gard... Thank you both. :smitten:

So each ml of the intensol solution equals 1mg of diazepam?

If that is the case, I would dilute 5ml of the solution with 45ml of water. Each ml then has .1mg of diazepam. If you want to go down by .01 each day just reduce by using a 1ml syringe each number on the syringe represents .01.

For example, I’m at 2.1mg. If I were to reduce by .01 each day the first day I would take a 2mg dry and  .09 in liquid by pulling up to the 9 mark on the 1ml syringe. So it would look something like this:

Day 1 .09

Day 2 .08

Day 3 .07 etc. 

It will take 10 days to reduce by .1mg. If I know the current dose I can personalise it.  :)—V

The easiest, and most commonly used ratio is 9:1.  That makes a diluted solution with .1mg per ml.  That will easily let measure decrements as small as .01 (hundredths) mg.

Make enough to last 10-14 days.  It will be stable and non perishable, and should be stored at room temp.

The 5mg=5ml is actually Diazepam Oral Solution.  And it is a propylene glycol based solution.

The Diazepam Intensol is a 5mg=1ml concentrated solution with an alcohol base.

If that is the case, I would dilute 5ml of the solution with 45ml of water. Each ml then has .1mg of diazepam. If you want to go down by .01 each day just reduce by using a 1ml syringe each number on the syringe represents .01.

For example, I’m at 2.1mg. If I were to reduce by .01 each day the first day I would take a 2mg dry and  .09 in liquid by pulling up to the 9 mark on the 1ml syringe. So it would look something like this:

Day 1 .09

Day 2 .08

Day 3 .07 etc. 

It will take 10 days to reduce by .1mg. If I know the current dose I can personalise it.  :)—V

NO!!

There are 2 Roxane liquid diazepam products.

The Diazepam Oral Solution is a PG based solution, 1mg per ml.

The Diazepam Intensoil is alcohol based concentrated solution with 5mg per ml.

The easiest, and most commonly used ratio is 9:1.  That makes a diluted solution with .1mg per ml.  That will easily let measure decrements as small as .01 (hundredths) mg.

Make enough to last 10-14 days.  It will be stable and non perishable, and should be stored at room temp.

THANK YOU TO EACH OF YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE HELP!

This is my spread sheet - does the math look correct to reduce by .01ml in 7 days?  ( just so you know, hubby is an engineer and did this for me, there are not enough brain cells functioning for me to even pretend to know how make a spread sheet)

Kasey's micro taper

Starting dosage

0.36 starting noon dosage

0.40 starting evening dosage

7 day taper

0.01 target taper

Noon Taper

Day Dosage Solution Total

1 0.360 3.24 3.60 S

2 0.359 3.23 3.59 S

3 0.357 3.21 3.57 M

4 0.356 3.20 3.56 T

5 0.354 3.19 3.54 W

6 0.353 3.18 3.53 Th

7 0.351 3.16 3.51 F

2.4900 22.41 24.9000 totals

Day 1 .09

Day 2 .08

Day 3 .07 etc. 

NO!!

There are 2 Roxane liquid diazepam products.

The Diazepam Oral Solution is a PG based solution, 1mg per ml.

The Diazepam Intensoil is alcohol based concentrated solution with 5mg per ml.

Sorry. I was the one who said intensol. I didn't know there were 2 different kinds of liquid diazepam. I think Kasey is using the regular oral solution since she said 5mg=5ml.

THANK YOU TO EACH OF YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE HELP!

This is my spread sheet - does the math look correct to reduce by .01ml in 7 days?  ( just so you know, hubby is an engineer and did this for me, there are not enough brain cells functioning for me to even pretend to know how make a spread sheet)

Kasey's micro taper

Starting dosage

0.36 starting noon dosage

0.40 starting evening dosage

7 day taper

0.01 target taper

Noon Taper

Day Dosage Solution Total

1 0.360 3.24 3.60 S

2 0.359 3.23 3.59 S

3 0.357 3.21 3.57 M

4 0.356 3.20 3.56 T

5 0.354 3.19 3.54 W

6 0.353 3.18 3.53 Th

7 0.351 3.16 3.51 F

2.4900 22.41 24.9000 totals

It looks correct to me.  :)—V

Thanks friends!! It is comforting to know that this right. When one ventures into new territory with Benzo's it can bring a host of irrational fears. You have calmed the storm within me and I am braving up in order to move forward with progress. Change does not have to be riddled with fear!!! :smitten:

Thanks friends!! It is comforting to know that this right. When one ventures into new territory with Benzo's it can bring a host of irrational fears. You have calmed the storm within me and I am braving up in order to move forward with progress. Change does not have to be riddled with fear!!! :smitten:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;) ;)

Change does not have to be riddled with fear!!!

Wow!  The last 3 months have been total fear for me.  I pray I really get this principle.

I've been having sleep hormone issues.  I had a string of about 4 good nites. Last nite I ran out of the 5 mg valium pills. I used 2 2mg and 1mg totalling 5. Sleep was weird And broken. Could there possibly be a logical reason even though dosage is the same?    Or is this more fear due to change!!!

Change does not have to be riddled with fear!!!

Wow!  The last 3 months have been total fear for me.  I pray I really get this principle.

I've been having sleep hormone issues.  I had a string of about 4 good nites. Last nite I ran out of the 5 mg valium pills. I used 2 2mg and 1mg totalling 5. Sleep was weird And broken. Could there possibly be a logical reason even though dosage is the same?    Or is this more fear due to change!!!

I'm sorry you're having so much fear. I do think some of it is chemical, due to the benzos. Battling fear does not help, I have found. I find it more helpful to try to step back and observe the fear, to identify it as bodily sensations. This helps the brain not to attach false meaning to it. I don't know if I'm explaining it clearly. For example, I have fear and I can say to myself:

"I am so afraid of being tired, of pain, that I won't sleep tonight, that this is going to get worse and worse..."  OR "I feel an intense sensation in my chest, a tightness. I feel creepy crawly sensations in my arms." See the difference?

It doesn't make the fear go away. I keeps the brain from attaching more and more meaning to it so that it escalates.

As for the different sized pills, I suppose it's possible the pills are not affecting you the same. Manufacturers are allowed to be off by 10% in blood levels or something like that. Sorry, I can't remember the details exactly. Maybe somebody else can find a reference (besides what my pharmacist said). I always try to get the same size and same brand to avoid this variance from pill to pill.

Hope you get back to good sleep again soon.

Hey guys, just an update from me.  I've gone from .125mg of clonazepam to .115mg now, in the last two weeks.  I did feel something, especially after the first week was over but I will say that so far, this symptoms are pretty manageable.  This definitely feels like a doable way to finish off my taper, with .005mg cuts.  :)

Hey guys, just an update from me.  I've gone from .125mg of clonazepam to .115mg now, in the last two weeks.  I did feel something, especially after the first week was over but I will say that so far, this symptoms are pretty manageable.  This definitely feels like a doable way to finish off my taper, with .005mg cuts.  :)

That's great news, Green. So glad this is working for you. :)

Hi all.

I'm down to tapering gabapentin in very small amounts now.  My current dose is at about 150mg per day taken in three 50mg doses 8 hours apart.

I fear my pace has become as micro as the taper!!!!  HAHA.  Seriously though, at this pace I may be tapering for another couple of years.  No fun!  Oh well. 

I've been able to reduce about 16 percent since the 11th of November.  180mg down to 150.  It's a crazy experience in that so few people seem to suffer so severely at this (lowish) dose of gabapentin.  I'm rambling now but appreciate the ability to talk about this.... no one else to talk to makes it a little challenging at times.

All the best to everyone!

=RST

Indeed, Gardener.

It seems like you had a similar experience to me in terms of rapid tolerance.  I was dependent on Ativan after only 8 or 9 days.

It seems so surreal to be at this point now!!!

Anyway, onward and forward!!!

=RST

Hi everyone!  Thanks to builder, I’m now using PG to properly taper.  I am taking 3mg of Xanax a day.  So I used builders method and made a 10 day batch yesterday.  I was using just water for a few days...because I was scared of the PG. I split my dose into 4x a day.  I took my first dose this morning @ 3am. So splitting less than 30ml a day leaves a very small amount for each dose.  Right after I took it, I had burning pain in my epigastric area.  I’m learning you can dilute your doses to help.  I keep my 4 doses in tiny vials.  My question is, can I dilute ahead of time into larger jars or mix just right before I take it?  Does it matter how much water I use to dilute each dose?  I don’t want to screw up the amount of benzos in each dose.  I apologize for rambling....I’m just starting and want to do it right.  Thanks in advance everyone  :thumbsup:

Hi everyone!  Thanks to builder, I’m now using PG to properly taper.  I am taking 3mg of Xanax a day.  So I used builders method and made a 10 day batch yesterday.  I was using just water for a few days...because I was scared of the PG. I split my dose into 4x a day.  I took my first dose this morning @ 3am. So splitting less than 30ml a day leaves a very small amount for each dose.  Right after I took it, I had burning pain in my epigastric area.  I’m learning you can dilute your doses to help.  I keep my 4 doses in tiny vials.  My question is, can I dilute ahead of time into larger jars or mix just right before I take it?  Does it matter how much water I use to dilute each dose?  I don’t want to screw up the amount of benzos in each dose.  I apologize for rambling....I’m just starting and want to do it right.  Thanks in advance everyone  :thumbsup:

Hi. I'm not exactly sure your situation. Seems builder has been helping and can give you more a more detailed response. I can share that when I tapered Xanax, I was using a 100ml graduated cylinder. I think I was turning 1mg of Xanax into 100ml of Xanax. Wish I could remember more. :(

"3)  Once you draw up your dose, containing the appropriate mgs of benzo, you can then dilute it any way you want.  The only thing that matters is that you're scheduled dose of benzo. "

"3)  Once you draw up your dose, containing the appropriate mgs of benzo, you can then dilute it any way you want.  The only thing that matters is that you're scheduled dose of benzo. "

So Builder, if someone is pulling a dose of say .0025mg, then they could just shoot it into a glass of orange juice or something? At such tiny doses, I just wasn't sure if that was feasible, if some of the dose would stay in the glass, etc. Hope that question makes sense. I met someone at my gym who's been doing a liquid taper for quite a while, and is now down to this small dose. I wasn't sure what to tell him.

Thanks!

Jeff